The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 4th, 2022

richwmn

Independence Day (U.S.)

Today is National Barbecue Day, National Country Music Day, and Sidewalk Egg Frying Day

You can never be overdressed or overeducated.--Oscar Wilde

Meal Suggestion for today - butternut squash raviolo seared chicken
Drink of the Day - Sauza Mexican Paloma
Wine of the Day - Ramey 2018 Rochioli Vineyard Chardonnay (Russian R
Destination of the Day - Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska - Juneau, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska eta 07/05

Nieuw Statendam

Leith-Edinburgh, Newhaven-Rosyth, Scotland 08:00 - 16:00

Noordam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Istanbul, Turkey, Galataport - 16:00

Rotterdam

Honningsvag, Mageroya Island, Norway 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 07/05

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Prince Edward Isla eta 07/05

Zuiderdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0704World.thumb.png.b9943857d6b4b17faed3d5f06e806a9f.png

• Like 30
  • Thanks 11

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Happy Independence Day, have a great 4th, I will start the day off on the Golf Course. Early dinner with friends and then Fireworks this evening.

Great quote.

I've never seen anyone frying an egg on a sidewalk but here in Florida in the summer frying one on the hood of a car might work.

The meal is appealing.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 26

Good morning.  Thanks for the Reports.

Happy Independence Day to all our friends in the USA.

An interesting group of days.  It's a good day to barbecue.  I like some country music.  It's not hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk here.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good.

I hope the drink is tasty, not sure about the wine.

Never been to Australia, maybe someday.  Thanks in advance for pictures.

Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Good morning and Happy Independence day today for our US posters.

It is currently 54°F cloudy and breezy here in North East England.

Many thanks Rich for today's fleet reports and Daily.

I have always enjoyed a barbecue.

I like most music including Country music where Kenny Rodgers, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton to name a few were favourites of mine.

Excellent quote.

Nice food but will give the drink a miss.

Prayers for everyone on the care list and best wishes to Roy @rafinmd and everyone else currently or due to sail.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!

It is a beautiful morning here in northeast Ohio.  It is supposed to heat up later in the day so I will get out and do my laps early this morning.  The past two nights some neighbors up the street have been shooting off fireworks.  They are quite loud and leave a mess in the yard.  I'm guessing it will be worse tonight unless all the partying has caught up with them.  I feel for the animals in the neighborhood and any veterans with PTSD.  There were a couple of booms yesterday that shook my house noticeably.  

Today's meal sounds good to me, but I will probably be having my usual fish and vegetables.  I would probably skip the ravioli part and just have butternut squash and seared chicken.  Here's a recipe from Country Living to get us started.  https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a44277/butternut-squash-ravioli-seared-chicken-recipe/

1363924855_butternutsqashravioliwithsearedchicken1.thumb.jpg.2980b88fd791183c0a4337318d7d2b2f.jpg

Most of the recipes that stuck with the seared chicken were the same ones, just on different websites.  But, there are variations worth looking at.  This next one uses chicken sausage and kale and it looks like the ravioli was made with the butternut squash.   https://www.punchfork.com/recipe/Butternut-Squash-Ravioli-with-Chicken-Sausage-Kale-EatingWell

1218761948_butternutsquashravioliwithsearedchicken2.jpg.b8a8695d3111aa75cf338cc7d9877054.jpg

This last one is a brown butter braised chicken with butternut squash ravioli.   http://thymeatthetable.com/brown-butter-braised-chicken-and-butternut-squash-ravioli/

2048763484_butternutsquashravioliwithsearedchicken3.thumb.jpg.7da1d56b829d4afa1a0d2a2323d2b2fb.jpg

Prayers for all in need especially victims of violence and injustice.  Special prayers for our Daily family members who are facing difficult challenges.   Cheers to those who are celebrating and Happy Fourth of July!    Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

HAPPY 4th of JULY!

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Another lovely morning here.  Last evening’s get together in the neighborhood was fun. We did have to move inside, but the rain did not dampen our spirits. 

Thank you for keeping our lists Roy & sharing your cruise with us, too! Morning Dailyites. I am heading to the gym shortly. They have two morning classes then they close for the day. Not sure what my Sister & Grandson and I will do. The pool may be in our future. And I have lots of sparklers!😎

A1B69E40-D07E-46E4-B594-9EE8AC2C18C0.jpeg.96373ff8aaa6d0a2b4661bab3c483659.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Safe travels, Joy! Stay well everyone!

Ramey 2018 Rochioli Vineyard Chardonnay

The fact that all released vintages of this Chardonnay share the same superb ratings, makes me want to at least taste it. It sounds lovely. Perhaps it might be the one to tempt me out of my budget range? Several online distributors with prices starting at $66.99.

Winemaker Notes

After aging 20 months in 20% new François Frères and Taransaud Beaune French oak barrels, this Chardonnay was fined and settled in tank following the next harvest. It was then bottled without filtration.

WE100 Wine Enthusiast

This wine is a testament to an outstanding site in the hands of an outstanding producer. It is a celebration of fresh Meyer lemon and Graven stein apple woven against an elegant structure and quenching acidity. Editors’ Choice.

JD96 Jeb Dunnuck

From another gem of a vineyard in the Russian River, the 2018 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard offers loads of honeyed lemon fruits as well as medium to full-bodied richness, bright acidity, some subtle toasty, nutty, creamy nuances, and one heck of a great finish. This is another serious, age-worthy beauty from Ramey that will keep for 10-12+ years.

RP94 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2018 Chardonnay Rochioli Vineyard is youthfully wound with soft white peach scents and touches of hazelnuts, flowers and crushed shell. The palate is racy and mineral driven to begin, opening to a soft, generously perfumed finish. Give it another couple of years in bottle. Rating: 94+

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Cat in my lap said:

Happy July 4th!  We are up early waiting to board our flight to Boston!  We used flightease and have an hour to get between terminals in Philadelphia.  

Have a wonderful trip & Bon Voyage!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Happy Fourth of July!  Happy Monday! 

DH and I went to my favorite Italian Restaurant for an early dinner last night, to keep having to cook during evening work hours.  Their servings are so huge, that we figured we would live off the left overs for several days.  Today is crock pot ribs, potato salad and deviled eggs.  And then that will become left overs for several days.  So lunches and dinners are covered until Thursday.

I managed to watch the F1 race yesterday-one of the best races I have ever seen, except for the accident.  Then I watched F2 and when we got back I watched the INDY race.  I still have the F3 and the Porsche racing to watch.

59fd4097f9747a9948714f7a602d4295.jpg

Another reason to use the crock pot besides less heat- Happy  BBQ Day

8488afedd5b1f7c41fb7328a2c800231.jpg

I would have to spray some Teflon on the side walk, how do you flip an egg off the pavement. ?

51dd84f3620c397f5477121c05521e02.jpg

The air around the house is smoky from fireworks, and it's only 8 am - come on rain!

• Like 21
  • Haha 11

Good morning friends!  Happy Independence Day!  It's a bit cloudy today but since we don't have outside plans I'm good with that.  We got up and went out for a walk through the neighborhood first thing today.  

Thanks Rich for the Fleet and Daily report.  Barbecue day is appropriate on July 4.  I love country music and don't think frying an egg on a sidewalk is the most sanitary method.  The menu suggestion today has some odd combinations in my mind.  I looked up Geraldton and that was not included on our Australia circumnavigation cruise.  Geraldton was last listed here on March 15, 2021.  Thanks for any pictures posted!

DD's  Instagram post from yesterday was a lot of fun.  They should have had a camera crew following her and friend Missy around all day to make a fabulous advertisement for Princess.  First was a stingray encounter excursion at Princess Cays, the private island.  Back to the ship for lunch and drinks at the pool.  Dinner in the Dining Room with a shared table and great conversation with 2 other couples.  Afterwards they ran into a couple from the first night's dinner and sat and chatted a while before heading to the Princess Theater to see the comedian.  After that they went to Explorer's Lounge to watch the Yes and No game (very entertaining).  And finally up on the pool deck to watch Movies Under the Stars!   Making the most of her week long Caribbean cruise!

Prayers and cheers for our Care and Celebration list people.  Hope your cruise is going well Roy.  I'll go check out your Live From shortly to keep up.  Have a great Fourth everyone!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIw-PQ-Uc0TdTBMXi1vntjwKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1652533524

• Like 36

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich.

Happy 4th of July to all of our American friends!

1B699C89-9D51-4F39-975F-21FCDAFD59D3.gif.7bb95f22bce2dac75d71d256f4506bf6.gif

I am sure there will be lots of bbq’s today.  Fortunately it’s not hot enough here to fry an egg on the sidewalk 😉 

DH would 100% agree with Oscar’s quote 😉 and yum on today’s meal and the wine even if it is too pricey 😉 

Well yesterday went to H in a hand basket some fast.  First it appears the jam is not going to set 😡 No idea why.  Then I went out to hang out the laundry, treat the weeds on the flagstone & work on the gardens.  Got a small one done and the skies opened and the rain poured.  Tore the laundry off the line and in the house.  Now the weed kill will have to be re-applied and the weeds will be taller today.

That’s 2 things, right?  Went to work on the spread sheets for my roll calls took a break and plugged the laptop back in and it’s not charging.  All the usual tests didn’t solve the problem. Sheesh.

Today HAS to be better doesn’t it?

@Cat in my lap   Safe travels - hope your connection goes smoothly and you have a wonderful time.  Bon Voyage!

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday everyone and a fabulous July 4th!!!

12208B9C-12EE-49BB-B533-ACB6513B49E4.gif.9b11637493d7de6058d6665102bb269f.gif

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 11

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am sure there will be lots of bbq’s today.  Fortunately it’s not hot enough here to fry an egg on the sidewalk 😉 

DH would 100% agree with Oscar’s quote 😉 and yum on today’s meal and the wine even if it is too pricey 😉 

Well yesterday went to H in a hand basket some fast.  First it appears the jam is not going to set 😡 No idea why.  Then I went out to hang out the laundry, treat the weeds on the flagstone & work on the gardens.  Got a small one done and the skies opened and the rain poured.  Tore the laundry off the line and in the house.  Now the weed kill will have to be re-applied and the weeds will be taller today.

That’s 2 things, right?  Went to work on the spread sheets for my roll calls took a break and plugged the laptop back in and it’s not charging.  All the usual tests didn’t solve the problem. Sheesh.

@Cat in my lap   Safe travels - hope your connection goes smoothly and you have a wonderful time.  Bon Voyage!

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Jacqui, sometimes there are days like that - when nothing goes right, and it's so frustrating!  I do hope you can get the computer charging problem figured out.  And a dry day to hang out the clothes and attack those pesky weeds.  Then celebrate with an extra glass of wine tonight!  

Sorry about the jam!

Good luck!

• Like 25

Happy Independence Day!A3CA5217-5BB1-4340-AEB4-8E2FA7D912E1.jpeg.ea28f2e9df97ce9e9df051c8bab283b8.jpegThe Constellation was the last sail only ship built by the Navy in the 1850s.  It is now available to tour in the Baltimore harbor.

5AF11BAB-5417-4648-A563-C22EA3F58A4E.jpeg.9d39e5a08b8f6e4f463139c9346e1f97.jpegThe flag flying over Fort McHenry during the War of 1812 inspired Francis Scott Key to write the Star Spangled Banner. A wonderful National Park in downtown Baltimore with beautiful grounds.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich for the Independence Day report.  Greetings from Boston, probably no better place to be this day than possibly Philadelphia, and I don't think their cruise port is still active.  I like all the days except I'd rather not be able to fry an egg on the sidewalk.  I don't think it will get quite that hot here today.  I've been to Western Australia but not to Geraldton.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Hearts of Palm, Sirloin Steak, and Rose Scented Pavlova as served on Queen Mary 2 yesterday evening:

dishes03.jpg

Today’s care list:

Melinda with stage 4 cancer
StPeteCruiser recovering from Appendicitis
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Heartgrove brother about to be discharged with extremely poor prognosis
From the rotation:
Bennybear DH with melanoma
Strength and healing for Kazu
StLouisSal with weakening legs and covid
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Curt discharged to rehab facility
Ann and Pat in  Newfoundland
Sam feeling better
Volendam caring for refugees
5 days for Cat in My Lap  (Zaandam 7/9 to 8/13)
Welcome home Nicklepenny
jimgev in Alaska
rafinmd  (QM2 to July  8), Mister Boston (Celebrity Summit to July  10)  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4), Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to 7/9), GTVCRUISER (Carnival Panorama to July 9) and ski ww (Oosterdam to July 16)  at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 10

Good morning everyone. Happy birthday America. Today will be a repeat of yesterday. spent at the pool,with friends. They say the water is now warm enough to swim, but I’ll wait another few days.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy those bar b as.

Carol

• Like 26

40 minutes ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, what do you use to kill the weeds? I tried a small spot on our pavers and it didn’t work. Sam set up,a system to water the plants and up until yesterday everything was ok because we had enough rain, but now they are dying and I’m not sure I can revive them.

• Like 19

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach   

Happy Fourth of July to all my US Friends.   Cocoa Beach had their fireworks last nite. It was a good show and we had friends join us to watch. THe rain threatened all afternoon but nothing here.  

One of my friends brought me 2 pounds of bacon from a butcher down in Melbourne. I told her it was the first time I had ever received bacon as a hostess gift! LOL.   So today we are having BLTs and the rest goes in the freezer.  

Geraldton is on our scheduled Australian circumnavigation in the fall. Hope to see some pictures. 

@Cat in my lap Have a wonderful trip and hope all goes smoothly. 

Water aerobics this AM and then relaxing the rest of the day. Playing golf tomorrow early.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 28

Sauza Mexican Paloma cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Sauza® Hacienda Silver Tequila
3 parts Grapefruit Soda
1/2 parts Lime Juice
Garnish: Lime Wheel

Instructions
Build ingredients over ice and stir. Garnish with a lime wheel.

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 9.06.55 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

🇺🇸  HAPPY 4th OF JULY! 🇺🇸

Good morning from central Texas.  I hope everyone has a great day.

Although we'll be having hamburgers today, it will be too hot to cook them on the grill.  While we're not huge country music fans, we agree it usually has a nice rhythm,  and you can understand the words.  It can get hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk, but I've never done that.

Another interesting quote from Oscar Wilde, but I don't agree with the first part.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and win.  Along with our hamburgers, we'll have what I call red, white and blue salad and ice cream.  The salad is a fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries and bananas.  To help keep the fruit, especially the bananas, fresh for a few days, a small package of sugar free strawberry Jell-O is mixed in with the fruit.

We have not been to  Geraldton, Australia.

@Cat in my lap  Safe travels, and I hope the connection in Philadelphia goes smoothly.  🥂 BON VOYAGE 🍾  Have a great  cruise.

@kazu  Hope today is better than yesterday.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, it sounds like your DD and her friend are have a great cruise.

Lenda

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning  .Happy Birthday  to America.

We will BBQ later and I am thinking I would like to try @Quartzsite Cruiser's red, white and blue salad.Thanks for the great idea as I have all the fruit here.

We are big music fans here but our tastes continue to be the rock or folk of our younger days.

Last night the #%  fireworks in the neighborhood  shook the house as well, like @dfish My husband is usually quite hearing impaired without his precious hearing aids.He even was aware of the excessive noise.One dog was under the bed and howling.I am not looking forward to tonight.

Hope everyone  is able to enjoy the day

Terry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2