The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 7th, 2022

richwmn

4 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

I just received the tests and they are expired! 

@cunnorl The tests are normally good past the printed date. On the last USPS batch we got, it is 9 months from the manufactured date. There are several Websites that give you the adjusted expiration date - Google for your brand. When they were first available "no one" knew how long they were good for.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I thought that with all that is going on with the heat, fires, etc., we could use some smiles and maybe even some laughs.  I fund thins just going though my FB news feed.  They are better that a lot that was posted as serious posts.  

This is for all the retired teaches on the Daily.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'SCHOOL I5 COOL Soresel CO 二 "Have a great summer and please do not throw your books in the air or run through the halls-- wait until the students have left the building."'

This is either for would be drummers or the parents of would be drummers.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'THE THEDAYDOUGSDRUMS DAY DOUG'S DRUMS DECIDED THEY WEREN'T GOING TO TAKE iT ANYMORE 5-9 ©CoPYRIGHT2018 2018 BYBİLLWhiTehead DISTRIDUTEDBY BY BY CREATPRS.O.Facebok.co/rere CREATORS.COM Whiteneod'

Naturally, I thought of all our cat lovers when I saw this.

May be an image of indoor and text

I guess this answers the question.  It made be thing of National Lampoons "Vacation".

May be a cartoon of text that says 'whyatt Man, these People stink Why dogs stick their heads out of car windows'

If any of our knitters or those who crochet run out of projects, they might consider this.

May be an image of text that says 'When you tell your Grandma that you want a car cover for Xmas... 円'

For all the Rolling Stones fana.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'THIS COULD BE THE FiRST CASE WE'VE EVER ROLLING STONE SEEN OF A GATHERING moss, ACTUALLY MR. JAGGER! 4-27 @CoPYRIGNT2 2020 DYBILLHSChead BYBILLH DISTRIDUTEDOY DISE CRE CREATORS.COM Wal'

No explanation needed.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'This is why aliens don't talk to us'

For those who are left a BHB in a port in Scotland for a day of touring.

May be a cartoon of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'Sorry to bother you, sir-we were told there พจร a man in the park wearing a dress and torturing ว bag full of cats.'

• Like 5
  • Haha 21

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Bob, First of all Hal has been getting pretty repetitive to us. How many times can you watch the same dance act, snakes chasing lizards, same menus etc. We gave Azamara a try and loved the small ship atmosphere of only 600+ guest. Very talented cruise and assistant CD’s who have show business backgrounds, talented band with brass, pianist/ singer, Filipino band all bring back memories of when we started with Hal.

Small ships can sail where larger ships can’t, overnights and late sailings. BBQ’s around the pool (Weber Charcoal Grills), large Sunday Brunch and the list goes on.

Smaller cabins and balconies then Hal but we love the boutique atmosphere of the ships. Return from an excursion and HD , CD are handing you a bubbly, sax player playing at ramp. Officers and Captain are very interactive with guest. Our first night aboard the Captain came up and introduced himself and sat down and talked with us.

We enjoyed our first cruise on the Quest last March and now we are booked on three more cruises plus their 2024 155 day World Cruise.

If I could make a suggestion; go on You Tube and take some tours of their ships, watch a White Night Party on deck or an Azamazing Evening. 

Bottom line is sometimes change is needed to bring back that excitement of when we first started cruising. Azamara succeeded.

Bruce

Great information and agree with your observations of HAL and the way we were. We have been sailing on Celebrity new ships and are very impressed. We sail on the N. Statendam in December and it maybe our last cruise with HAL.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

I know that at least here, they only way there is no charge for testing is if you have symptoms. Travel testing is no longer free and at some places like CVS and Walgreens it is quite costly. I have been doing a lot of research because of an upcoming trip that requires testing. I finally decided I would order the "free" government tests and an online proctoring service. I just received the tests and they are expired!  So I am back to the drawing board. It is very frustrating! 

The new booster is supposed to be more effective against the latest variants.

We are scheduled for Friday to receive ours.

Interesting how different parts of the country are doing it.  I haven't heard that our clinic has started charging for travel testing, but I'll check to be sure.  

Yes, definitely getting the latest booster because of this variant -- I'm guessing it won't matter which one we get, Moderna or Pfizer.  Maybe I'll ask our SIL PA -- 

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

I know that at least here, they only way there is no charge for testing is if you have symptoms. Travel testing is no longer free and at some places like CVS and Walgreens it is quite costly. I have been doing a lot of research because of an upcoming trip that requires testing. I finally decided I would order the "free" government tests and an online proctoring service. I just received the tests and they are expired!  So I am back to the drawing board. It is very frustrating! 

Check the lot number on the test.  Most of the expiration dates on the boxes are based on what is known about the test stability when produced and as data emerges the expiration date is extended, I think mostly now by 6 months.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from the mountains near our home. Lovely day today, it’s usually 20 degrees cooler here than Tucson. Today’s high is supposed to be 79 degrees.  A view from the back deck. I was trying to take pictures of the birds in the trees but you can’t see them in the pictures. I’ll have Craig take some because his iPhone camera is better than mine. 

1A2396C6-723B-4261-9706-EB2B3D8AB29A.thumb.jpeg.2231750a7bd8a4b2b577c17858db7a68.jpeg

We did some more cleaning this morning. Craig has been helping me with dishwashing because I’ve had a bad rash and it’s also on my palms and hands. It’s been wonderful telling him what to wash and clean. 😉

I like salami more than pepperoni. Today’s meal suggestion sounds good but I probably won’t ever make it. Thank you Debbie @dfish for all the info. Per Alton Brown for those who have problems with the gassy properties of cauliflower and beans, eating more and getting your digestive system used to them really helps. 

Today we are having steak, twice baked potatoes and corn on the cob for lunch and mussels for dinner. However the cable worker is on his way and we may end up eating really late again. But I’ll be happy to have TV. 

We will be in Port Canaveral on October 21st and have the Space Center excursion booked, I think most of the Daily group has booked it too. I don’t usually like to book such a long excursion the day before disembarkation but we decided it would be worth it this time.  We’ve been there once before in 1999 taking a Disney ship and remember all the things and pictures that Sandi @StLouisCruisers posted. 

Graham @grapau27, your food pictures look wonderful!  I hope you enjoy!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

The test kits that our library hands out are also expired, but they have a sign on the table that the CDC has extended the expiration dates by 6 months. Even so, I'm not sure an online testing company would allow one with an expired date.....  Guess I'll have to buy some. Sigh!

• Like 11

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning everyone! I have sailed into Port Canaveral on a reposition cruise from Montreal to Port Everglades. We have done that repositioning cruise about five times and I’m struggling to remember what ship it was but leaning toward Maasdam.

We are going on a lunch date and checking out a local Thai restaurant that is new and we haven’t been to. The restaurant has been getting some good reviews.

First, I’ll get a walk in then have to do some weed pulling and later some banking. Banking will be last after showering as the high today will be 89 F and humidity is 92%!🥵

Have a great day, enjoy the moment and enjoy the Daily. Thanks to all.

Bruce

The Nieuw Statendam is using Port Canaveral next month as a port call before returning to Ft Lauderdale.  I would have rather had Charleston or Savanah but will look forward to PC.  Anybody know why Holland America likes to stop there southbound from Canada/New England?  I've done Charleston twice, on the Maasdam, northbound in the spring, which was really nice.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

The Nieuw Statendam is using Port Canaveral next month as a port call before returning to Ft Lauderdale.  I would have rather had Charleston or Savanah but will look forward to PC.  Anybody know why Holland America likes to stop there southbound from Canada/New England?  I've done Charleston twice, on the Maasdam, northbound in the spring, which was really nice.

The last time I  took the relocation cruise, a percentage of cruisers actually disembarked in PE to return home. There is a large over 55 community, The Villages, just north of Orlando and there was a large group of cruisers from there on the ship  

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 9

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I like good salami, but don't eat it often. A salute to the mail carriers. I do like beer, although I don't drink it that often. A wonderful bible quote, often said at weddings.

The meal is interesting. Pass on the drink and wine.

I think I sailed from Port Canaveral on a 2007 Disney Cruise which followed a stay at Disney World. I'd like to visit the Space Center.

It's cooler and humid here today. I had to go back and read yesterday's Daily as well as today's. I spent a good part of yesterday with continued deep cleaning of my bedroom. Then BFF wanted to go out to eat, then come back here to watch the Lord of the Rings prime video episodes. Again I felt unwell after eating out. I had something fried, and wonder if it's my gallbladder, although no pain. The meal just goes right through me (trying to be delicate, lol). At least we ate outside on their patio. I spent this AM moving the mattress and box spring so that I could vacuum under the bed. I have a wool aubusson rug, and there was enough wool shedding vacuumed up to make a small cat! New bed comes tomorrow.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Anniversary a day late!

@grapau27 All your food looks wonderful. Sadie looks very cute, especially after the grooming.

@1ANGELCAT I can't believe how long it's taking to get things moving regarding your hand treatment.

@dfish I hear no clutter is the way to go when selling your house. I'm glad you are almost done painting.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Cute memes.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Again I felt unwell after eating out. I had something fried, and wonder if it's my gallbladder, although no pain. The meal just goes right through me (trying to be delicate, lol). 

I've developed the same problem -- seems like if I have foods fried in either soybean or canola oil it happens.  I've had my gallbladder removed so I know, in my case, that's not the issue.

• Like 8

thankful to hear they just arrested the Saskatchewan perpetrator!  

good day!  Love the quote, also read at our wedding and dinner looks great!  

interesting discussion of new boosters, my understanding is that the Moderna is bivalent combining the original Covid with the first omicrom  BA1 variant.  It has been approved in Canada  and up next will be the Pfizer shot for Omicron BA 4 and BA 5 which is the current surging variant. So not sure which we will be offered next.     

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

I like good salami, but don't eat it often. A salute to the mail carriers. I do like beer, although I don't drink it that often. A wonderful bible quote, often said at weddings.

I think I sailed from Port Canaveral on a 2007 Disney Cruise which followed a stay at Disney World. I'd like to visit the Space Center.

It's cooler and humid here today. I had to go back and read yesterday's Daily as well as today's. I spent a good part of yesterday with continued deep cleaning of my bedroom. Then BFF wanted to go out to eat, then come back here to watch the Lord of the Rings prime video episodes. Again I felt unwell after eating out. I had something fried, and wonder if it's my gallbladder, although no pain. The meal just goes right through me (trying to be delicate, lol). At least we ate outside on their patio. I spent this AM moving the mattress and box spring so that I could vacuum under the bed. I have a wool aubusson rug, and there was enough wool shedding vacuumed up to make a small cat! New bed comes tomorrow.

@grapau27 All your food looks wonderful. Sadie looks very cute, especially after the grooming.

@1ANGELCAT I can't believe how long it's taking to get things moving regarding your hand treatment.

@dfish I hear no clutter is the way to go when selling your house. I'm glad you are almost done painting.

Stay safe everyone.

Good luck on the new bed!  I’m thankful Roomba fits under our bed, lol! 
the smoke makes for interesting photos 

DFA0EF9C-1E76-4BBA-9AFA-CC0A2BAE72CE.jpeg

AF3B5BCE-5731-4877-A89C-62C554B77990.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

interesting discussion of new boosters, my understanding is that the Moderna is bivalent combining the original Covid with the first omicrom  BA1 variant.  It has been approved in Canada  and up next will be the Pfizer shot for Omicron BA 4 and BA 5 which is the current surging variant. So not sure which we will be offered next.  

Thank you, this is what I'm trying to find out.  Wouldn't it make sense to wait for the one that protects against the current surging variant?  Why would someone choose the Moderna, am I missing something?  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/updated-covid-19-booster-shots-are-now-available-heres-what-you-need-to-know Per this pbs report, the initial bivalent vaccines were targeted against the original virus and BA1. They were rejected by the FDA, who asked them to target BA4 and BA5. It's my understanding that both vaccines do target the new variants.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/updated-covid-19-booster-shots-are-now-available-heres-what-you-need-to-know Per this pbs report, the initial bivalent vaccines were targeted against the original virus and BA1. They were rejected by the FDA, who asked them to target BA4 and BA5. It's my understanding that both vaccines do target the new variants.

Thank you Vanessa.  This is what my SIL, a PA, just told me too.  Makes sense.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Stay safe everyone.

Thanks Vanessa for the anniversary wishes.  And yes, the little minx as I like to call her, is cute as a button.  Hope she's learning something tonight in her puppy kindergarten class!  LOL!

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

1 hour ago, 4966and556 said:

Suspect in been arrested in Saskatchewan stabbing murders!!  

Excellent news!  Thank you @bennybearand @4966and556!!

57 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Appreciate the report on the new booster shots.

• Like 7

Good evening.  We enjoyed our belated anniversary dinner.  The restaurant had more people at 2:40 than normal, but there was still enough room so it wasn't crowded.

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Gerry, thanks for the update about the capture of the second suspect. It finally made our news a little while ago.  I know everyone is relieved.  The effects of the smoke in the pictures makes for some very interesting photos.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, thanks for the information on the new boosters.  It is good to know when deciding on which booster to get.

Lenda

• Like 7

Good evening.  Just checking in. 

it has been a busy day.  i spent the major part of the day packing up the things in the curio cabinet and some knickknacks on the bookcase.

The service people were doing the heavier work.  I chose to do the delicate items.

Yesterday there were huge fans and dehumidifiers all over the house.  It makes the place as hot as hell.  All the carpets that were affected were pulled up.  That left a lot of dust.

I tried to get in touch with the claims rep but never got a response.  Not happy about that.

Finally got in touch with a contractor, who will come buy on Sept. 14 to take a look at the job and give us an estimate.  Contractors are not easy to find.  This one seems good.

The others never returned my calls.

Going to bed soon.  Only got 2 hours of sleep last night.

Can’t wait to sleep in my own bed again.

Until tomorrow.

God bless,

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

I just finished reading Sunday’s Daily and wanted to thank everyone for the special Birthday wishes for my Mom’s 93rd. Thanks to Roy @rafinmd for having her on the Celebration List. Thanks to Carolyn @Cruising-along, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Vanessa @JazzyV, Jacqui @kazu, Graham @grapau27, Gerry @ger_77, Sandi @StLouisCruisers, and Jim @irishjim for the special shout-outs. I won’t see her until next week but I’ll make sure to tell her that my CC friends all sent wishes. 

Edited to add— I hope I didn’t miss anyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 9

31 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening.  Just checking in. 

it has been a busy day.  i spent the major part of the day packing up the things in the curio cabinet and some knickknacks on the bookcase.

The service people were doing the heavier work.  I chose to do the delicate items.

Yesterday there were huge fans and dehumidifiers all over the house.  It makes the place as hot as hell.  All the carpets that were affected were pulled up.  That left a lot of dust.

I tried to get in touch with the claims rep but never got a response.  Not happy about that.

Finally got in touch with a contractor, who will come buy on Sept. 14 to take a look at the job and give us an estimate.  Contractors are not easy to find.  This one seems good.

The others never returned my calls.

Going to bed soon.  Only got 2 hours of sleep last night.

Can’t wait to sleep in my own bed again.

Until tomorrow.

God bless,

Terri

Terri, this is just awful!  What a mess!  Prayers that clean up happens quickly and smoothly. I wonder if there’s a way that you could move your bed to an untouched area to sleep on? I would definitely miss my bed too. I hope you have a good nights sleep tonight. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Here is the link to the FDA information for revised expiration dates.  Scroll down to the brand of test kit you have.  Click on the area to the right that says "see link for list of updated expiration dates." Then you can see the lot number and printed exp date plus the new exp date. Hope this helps. I am going to Australia and in following the Australia boards apparently you can just use one of these yourself (not proctored) and that is permissable. Honor system.  Seems strange to me after all of the hoops I have had to jump through this past year to get tests. But the new HAL health protocols for Australia do say "medically observed OR self-administered antigen test."

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

Edited by Red Haired Lady
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Terri, this is just awful!  What a mess!  Prayers that clean up happens quickly and smoothly. I wonder if there’s a way that you could move your bed to an untouched area to sleep on? I would definitely miss my bed too. I hope you have a good nights sleep tonight. 

There is nowhere to move our bed.  The cleanup will take quite a while.  I just cannot believe this whole thing.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

There is nowhere to move our bed.  The cleanup will take quite a while.  I just cannot believe this whole thing.

It sounds awful for you. Hope everyone can get on it quickly so it does not drag on. What a terrible mess.

Susan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1