The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 15th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@smitty34877I feel for you with the burdens you are carrying.  Being a fulltime caregiver is difficult and should be recognized everyday.   🙏

@dfishGood luck with the offers today.  Your flauta photos make me want to go for Mexican tonight but I have a field trip and meeting with my garden club, sadly my dinner will be sloppy joes.  

Thank you for the Daily Reports.   The cocktail, the flautas and the SB wine are all winners.  I can follow where the Volendam is.  We are about 100 days away from boarding her for 81 days!  

Prayers for all on our care list and those that need them.  @kazuI wish you could get a little break, hopefully the car repair will be simple.  Have a wonderful Thursday!! 

boss hummer 73022.JPG

Well, I love Sloppy Joe’s!😎

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

I have four showings this morning starting at 8:30 am, so I need to be quick and get moving here.  My realtor and I are meeting this afternoon to go over offers.  Dan, my handyman, is coming to fix the outside faucet and put in a handrail to the basement

I know it’s hectic for you but it’s all good as you are moving forward to your new home 👍 

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tomorrow I have a dental cleaning here in town.  I've been waiting since July because of two cancellations.  I hope the hygienist doesn't have any more emergencies requiring me to be cancelled!  

Hoping it all works out for you 🤞 

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Yesterday I was so upset that I parked myself out in the backyard  for a while to calm down. I am usually  very even tempered but I think fatigue and worry just got to me.I decided then that we need to make changes with more than getting home health aide assistance. We all talked it over with Tana at dinner last night and hopefully  things will improve. The aide  came at 7 and seems to be very good. 

Dinner tonight is take out!

Glad to hear there are more changes in the works & the aide is working out so far 👍 YAY on take out for dinner - you deserve it!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@aliaschief the hotel that closed was Ramada by Wyndham. I know nothing about it other than it had a shuttle and DH liked the price. I think we may have dodged a bullet.

I’ve rebooked at Rodeway Inn which sounds nicer and I’m sure I’ve heard others mention.

@smitty34877, I hope the new aide works out, and that clearing the air leads to changes that lessens your work and stress.

@Cruzin Terri after the flooded house and the fall, surely life is going to turn around now and things will improve!

@kazu and now the car??? For heaven sakes! Hopefully the issue is easy to diagnose and quick and cheap to repair!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Praise for all caregivers.  It is a difficult job.  I am DH’s caregiver for just about everything.  I try to schedule a time each week for a little bit of me time - I think that is important for all caregivers.

Glad to have avoided a rail strike.  I was not looking forward to more shortages.

DH and I should be on Anthem of the Seas on Election Day so I need to get working on our mail in ballots.

Have a great day!  Katherine 

• Like 20

Good morning all!

It's a cloudy morning here, 56F heading to mid 60's F.  I hope we get some rain to help with the fires.  

I've never made a hat, but will celebrate Greenpeace and Caregivers -- Terry @smitty34877!  I'm glad that the new aide seems very good and that changes for the better are planned.  You deserve it!

I would like the 3rd or 4th recipes, and really wish our local Total Wine carried this wine.  I love NZ SBs!!  It can be ordered for $15.49.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisersgood luck on that dental cleaning appointment.  This seems to be the week for dental cleanings and the Dailyites!  Yesterday my dentist found a "tiny cavity" that I'll have filled in November after our cruise.  First one in a long time, but not something I look forward to. 😉  

Terri @Cruzin TerriI'm so sorry about your fall!!  I hope the pain subsides quickly.

Oh no Jacqui @kazuI hope the car problem is minor and fixed quickly.  You didn't need this.

Many of us have gotten emails from HAL about changing our sailing times out of Fort Lauderdale this fall.  My October 22 cruise is affected as well.  Since we'll have been onboard since the 8th, it's no big deal to us.  

Thought I would mention something else.  DH and I have been buying the AARP gift cards each month.  This time (a few days ago) mine went through with no problem and I got the email confirmation.  DH thought his went through too, but didn't get an email.  The charges are on our credit card for both.  He called AARP yesterday and they had no record of his purchase....hmm.  Now he has to dispute the charge with NFCU and wait for it to be removed before trying again.  Just a warning to be sure you get your email confirmations if you purchase gift cards.  It would be so easy to not notice.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Good morning Dailyites.  Brrr a 57 degree morning warming up to 91.

Last night we went to the Tina Turner tribute and we had a great time! "Tina" is on Allen's lap. The picture is our N71 neighborhood group.

0914222019.thumb.jpg.bc4bd376b6cb890063b5353898c5d590.jpg

0914221935_HDR.thumb.jpg.084402ecaa99a726e0987314a65b0f1d.jpg

Left early this morning so my sweet husband could join the men's breakfast. My girlfriend meets me at the restaurant and we eat across the room. I am my husband's caregiver although I don't feel that way at all. I appreciate everyone who gives their love and kindness to our loved ones less fortunate.

@smitty34877 I understand those days when you feel overwhelmed. God bless you!

@kazu Jacqui, knowing your sense of humor... what in the world are you going to do with yourself when the yard is finished, all boxes back in the basement,  the car is like brand new, the house is spotless, the fridge is stocked with food and your cabinets filled with wine?! 

Sandi good luck at your appointment today. My least favorite thing is a dental visit. 

image.png.9258c72cfb0a69a904db622984dee507.png

A doctor appointment this afternoon and Mahjongg tonight. I am going to teach toward the end of the month for 4 weeks before the holiday's. So far I have 8 students!!

Take care, sending prayers, blessings and cheers.. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I've only ever made a knitted hat. A salute to Greenpeace and Caregivers (especially Dailyites).

Interesting quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and wine.

I will be in Belize City on my November Celebrity Cruise; probably going to see some Mayan ruins. Thanks for the photos.

It was foggy this AM, but now the sun is coming through. We'll go up to 79. Last evening my right eye started to become light sensitive and was red and painful. So I started the hourly stronger drops. It seems ok now. BFF is having a little get-together this afternoon, with friends in from AZ who we haven't seen since about 2015.

@kazu Sorry about the car issues; hopefully the fix isn't too costly. Loved the Queen and corgis meme.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. Wow, you're getting a lot of traffic through the house, which is a good thing.

@StLouisCruisers I hope you get to the dental hygienist tomorrow. My turn is next week.

@Horizon chaser 1957 Wow, on the hotel closing, but good you found somewhere else. I plan to get my flu shot and bivalent Covid vaccine late October for the late November cruise; maybe I should make an appointment soon.

@Cruzin Terri I hope you're feeling better from your fall soon. Good idea to move stuff before the demolition crew does.

@smitty34877 Prayers for you and the family. I hope you can make changes that make things less stressful for all.

@HAL Sailer Sorry DSIL isn't feeling up to a visit and I'm sure it's hard on DH. Prayers that her scan results won't show anything too invasive.

@Seasick Sailor That looks like a good time with "Tina".

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

0914222019.thumb.jpg.bc4bd376b6cb890063b5353898c5d590.jpg

Love this!

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu Jacqui, knowing your sense of humor... what in the world are you going to do with yourself when the yard is finished, all boxes back in the basement,  the car is like brand new, the house is spotless, the fridge is stocked with food and your cabinets filled with wine?! 

LOL - I don’t think this house will ever be spotless or I will ever get all the sorting and de-cluttering done.  I have a feeling it will be a busy, yucky winter 😉 

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

Good sunny and warm afternoon. Ninja has a veterinarian appointment this afternoon for blood work and to see if medication needs to be changed.

Spent this morning at the Okey Fair. This a community event that bills itself as “ the biggest little fair in the state” this is the 75th anniversary so it’s a really big draw. The fair is free with a $5 fee for parking. The food stands are all staffed by volunteers. and good home cooking. 
Thee is no midway or commercial stands allowed. It’s a tradition to wait in line for the French fries, so good.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.🙏❤️

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 20

Morning to all. The meal looks great - guess it is close to lunch time for me. Have not been to today's destination. I salute caregivers. Very, very hard to do.

We had a wonderful rain yesterday. We are moving into a dry period or so we told. But with Fall approaching and remembering last year's early freeze, our sprinkler system will be turned off next week. I will be sure that if Mother Nature does not soak the lawn good, I will. The grass (and weeds) are on their own.

One good thing.... the roof at the shelter did not leak with the hard rain yesterday. I would like one more rain as a test before we sign off on it although the warranty will be in place. But sometimes it is hard to get the roofers up here.

Take care all. Those of you fortunate enough to have cruises planned.... have a blast!!! My next cruise is currently scheduled for Jan. 2024. Oh, and I have made plans to visit with my Sister in October. It was really hard to find a decent flight where I did not fly all over the country (Denver, Dallas, Atlanta and then Baltimore/Washington) but I succeeded ... one stop Denver and October the weather should be ok. Maybe. Flying out of Durango you don't have many choices.

Susan

• Like 22

Good afternoon.  The house is clean, but not spotless.  I get the basics clean and any areas that are noticeable, but only once in a great while will I tackle some of the more hidden areas.  One load of towels is put away, and the cleaning towels are in the dryer.

I was really impressed today by Costco.  When I ordered the velvet hangers, I didn't know how many I would need.  Since we could order up to 500 (I knew I didn't need that many) and they were on sale, I ordered 200.  Once I started switching the hangers out, I realized I would only need 100 here and in Quartzsite.  Their on-line return process was easy.  UPS picked up the box yesterday afternoon, and the refund is already on the credit card.  That's the quickest refund we've every gotten.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad the aide seems to be very good.  It was probably a very good idea for everyone, including Tana, to talk things over and clear the air.  I hope the changes going forward will help ease the bad tempers.  Sending positive thoughts for the whole family that things will improve on every level.  I hope everyone can manage some "me" time.

@HAL Sailer Melisa, I'm so very sorry your DSIL did not feel like even a short visit.  I can't imagine how very hard it is for your DH to want to be with his sister at this time.   I hope you can visit soon.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, what a great picture.  Are the other men jealous that "Tina" always sits in Allen's lap?  😄

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope you enjoy your visit with your friends from Arizona.

@1ANGELCAT  The Oley Fair sounds interesting, especially without the midway and commercial booths.  We lived in PA for five years, and I wondered why we had not heard of it.  I looked it up and discovered it is near Reading, and we lived in Kemblesville, just across the DE state line off  Rte. 896.

@durangoscots  Susan, I'm glad you got a good rain yesterday, and the added bonus that the roof did not leak.  Wanting to see what happens with another rain makes sense.  

@ottahand7  Sloppy joes do sound good, but tonight we are having leftover King Ranch casserole, sorta Mexican food.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

We're back from a last-minute visit to the V-E-T after the Junior Cat didn't eat for at least two days. She had had sniffles and a slight fever on Sunday, slept all (rather than merely almost all) day on Monday, and then stopped eating. She had also been hiding, and as she's a very small cat she can hide in places where I can't find her; this morning, when she emerged, I tried to get her to eat and then put her in her carrier, so that she couldn't hide again before the visit. She's been given a long-acting antibiotic, medication to settle her stomach, and vitamins, along with sub-Q fluids.

Belize is in my plans for January, if I don't cancel the cruise, but the port call will be at Harvest Caye. I realized at once what flautas would be, although I think I might have seen them called something else. I'll pass on the cocktail but might like the wine, albeit not necessarily with the flautas.

14342.gif.012f74e3a6001231e2e116b2cbedfdb4.gif

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thought I would mention something else.  DH and I have been buying the AARP gift cards each month.  This time (a few days ago) mine went through with no problem and I got the email confirmation.  DH thought his went through too, but didn't get an email.  The charges are on our credit card for both.  He called AARP yesterday and they had no record of his purchase....hmm.  Now he has to dispute the charge with NFCU and wait for it to be removed before trying again.  Just a warning to be sure you get your email confirmations if you purchase gift cards.  It would be so easy to not notice.  

Same thing happened to me this week. I have been buying them every month, no problem. This time it accepted the sale, posted on my credit card but no email from AARP. I called them and was passed around and finally they said there was no record of the transaction.  I called my credit card company and they said it will   "fall off". It did that yesterday.  I am a little hesitant to try again. 

@smitty34877 I am also a caregiver for my DD. It is a very exhausting job, both physically and emotionally. It is easy to feel overwhelmed some days. It is very important to take time for yourself, even if it is just for a little while.  It will help no one if you become ill. It is frustrating because nothing is easy. 

Take care of yourself

Charlene

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

I am under contract!!!  Great offer.   So good it actually kind of blew me away.    Now we just have to pass inspection and the appraisal.   Realtor isn't worried about anything.

IMG_7069.thumb.jpg.3d963a483b8d24edb6dd26b3fa325061.jpg

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I do, too!  But I'm having veggie nachos tonight.   And wine!  Celebration night!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

I am under contract!!!  Great offer.   So good it actually kind of blew me away.    Now we just have to pass inspection and the appraisal.   Realtor isn't worried about anything.

I do, too!  But I'm having veggie nachos tonight.   And wine!  Celebration night!

Awesome!  Now you just need to get a deal on the house in Midland.

Roy

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Congratulations, Debbie.  Relax and celebrate tonight, and hopefully tomorrow they'll accept the offer on the house in Midland.  

41 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

We're back from a last-minute visit to the V-E-T after the Junior Cat didn't eat for at least two days. She had had sniffles and a slight fever on Sunday, slept all (rather than merely almost all) day on Monday, and then stopped eating. She had also been hiding, and as she's a very small cat she can hide in places where I can't find her; this morning, when she emerged, I tried to get her to eat and then put her in her carrier, so that she couldn't hide again before the visit. She's been given a long-acting antibiotic, medication to settle her stomach, and vitamins, along with sub-Q fluids.

Belize is in my plans for January, if I don't cancel the cruise, but the port call will be at Harvest Caye. I realized at once what flautas would be, although I think I might have seen them called something else. I'll pass on the cocktail but might like the wine, albeit not necessarily with the flautas.

14342.gif.012f74e3a6001231e2e116b2cbedfdb4.gif

I hope the Junior Cat is better soon.  It's always a worry when our fur babies Ares sick.

Lenda

• Like 11

Much praise and support for good caregivers. Thanks to my sisters, brother, SIL, & BILS for their loving help with DM’s move to her new home. Especially thankful for sister who stayed the entire month of August (in Phoenix…) to make the move happen. I spent the last week in the “cool” weather of AZ with DM. Her new home is resort like- beautiful public rooms, a library much like the beautiful Oceania libraries, the dining room reminded me of a bhb, comfortable, with a nice variety of food and serving times & good food - not quite as good as The Lido or the GDR, but tasty.  The best part was staying with her and learning about her new home. Especially enjoyed the Queen Elizabeth conversations. We are not a star struck family (although once I was delighted to follow the Earl of Grantham (Hugh Bonneville) and Mr. Bates (Brendan Coyle) around a small shop in Los Angeles…) but I loved hearing DM talk about the princesses, Elizabeth and Margaret, Elizabeth’s and Phillip’s wedding in 1946, a year before my mother and father wed, and learning that DM and her father woke up early to listen to Bertie abdicate.

3B78FE66-FDBA-40CA-8F5B-A0442EDA4E80.thumb.jpeg.c2589cb1eceaec91e09f3b8b58b7cdc9.jpeg

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, dfish said:

Congratulations on the pending sale. No sloppy joes here tonight Pork Enchiladas are on the menu. 

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Same thing happened to me this week. I have been buying them every month, no problem. This time it accepted the sale, posted on my credit card but no email from AARP. I called them and was passed around and finally they said there was no record of the transaction.  I called my credit card company and they said it will   "fall off". It did that yesterday.  I am a little hesitant to try again. 

Charlene

I bet the same thing happened to a lot of people.  DH said he did get an error message, but then it looked like it went through but then said his email notification could take longer as they were having "problems".  He says now if he gets an error message he'll stop!  Interesting how different credit card companies do it differently.  Ours had to be put into a dispute claim and the investigation could take up to 90 days.  I'm hoping since AARP told us they had no record of him making the order, it won't take that long. 🙄

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

So do I!!  Love them.  Tonight is bbq ribs though.

19 minutes ago, dfish said:

Debbie I couldn't be happier for you!!!  Woohoo!!!  C E L E B R A T E!!  🍷

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, dfish said:

Congratulations Debbie!  Hope the Midland house comes through soon, and then you'll be on your way!🏡

• Like 9