The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday November 17th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

@StLouisCruisers

Sandi, safe travels to you & Dennis.  If you travel I95, please wave as you drive past exit 278. 

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I will do that Ann!  And will be watching for a wave back.  By the way, it took 3 hours to drive to the airport, get the car and drive both cars home.  Traffic was horrible!  And just driving back from the airport my right leg started hurting!  Tomorrow it will have compression socks on it, and I will be able to flex and exercise it a bit on the drive.  Tonight I was using that leg to drive and couldn't do anything!🙁  

• Like 8

Greetings from the cold Western Slope of Colorado!  The weather people on TV are saying that we are having January temps.  No wonder I don't like it, as I am usually In Hawaii in January!

My posting here lately is so erratic.  I have been working on cleaning out and tossing stuff, and then working on Christmas cards.  It is usually very late when I get around to reading, and then almost too late to try to post!  

@Quartzsite Cruiserwere the pictures today from a place that is "close" to Bangkok?  I was just looking at some of DH's pictures from Thailand from his Vietnam R&R, and some of the Buddas looked similar to those fading 1970 pictures.

Thanks to all for making this such a friendly, supportive place to visit.  Special to all who keep up lists, etc - @richwmn@rafinmd, @dfish, @summer slopeand @cat shepard.  You all certainly help to keep us all informed so well.

Special prayers for all in need.  Bon Voyage to all those either aboard to about to board wonderful cruise ships!

Mary Kay

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

This is the kind of weather that inspires me to make soups and stews.   

IMG_2028.thumb.jpg.9961844bec2dc6bb6f4f31a4254b7477.jpg

We had several bursts of blizzard type snowfalls.  They didn't amount to much, but it was nasty out there.   So, I make this:

IMG_2031.thumb.jpg.88f79a745acd293a2c74b54d8bb0542a.jpg

This is the soup from  yesterday's meal of the day.  It was quite tasty!

My other project was finding someone to plow my driveway this winter.  I finally found a company and signed them up.  I had a nice chat with the guy on the phone.  Yesterday I enjoyed my chat with the woman from the county refuse collection services.  Once a month they  have large item pickup.  You put large items that don't fit in a trash can out on the curb and they pick them up and take them away.  I commented on how we had moved in on Saturday, had someone do the leaves for us on Sunday and the city came by and picked them up on Monday.  She said they were waiting just for us. The deadline to get them out to the curb had been the previous week.  

I did rustle around in some boxes today and found my slippers.  I still haven't found my alarm clock, but I have no need for that right now.  It is here somewhere.   

• Like 20

@richwmn Rich, Thanks for posting the HAL Fleet locations and the daily.

@rafinmd Roy, thanks for the Care and Celebration Lists.  Would prefer your alternate menu.

It's a long tme since I ate Baklava, have not been to Thailand, thanks for the photos. 

@cunnorl sorry that you are unable to go ashore in Cairns, from the ship we walked across to  use the glass elevator up to the town centre.

DH is attending a reunion of his graduating University class.   He walked down to the venue this morning, but will drive down to the dinner tonight.

Window cleaners here this morning, hope the bees keep away for a while, someone nearby must have a bee hive, they do make a mess.

Best wishes to all on the care list.

• Like 8

Well, no dinner out tonight. I started feeling unwell around 3PM. All I'd had was my morning coffee, and a spoonful of peanut butter around  1PM. BFF came over at 5, and I just felt nauseated and uncomfortable.  I made some peppermint tea and sipped on that. By the time he left around 7 I was feeling better. I hope I can get this figured out. Otherwise I won't be eating much on the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

7 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Well, no dinner out tonight. I started feeling unwell around 3PM. All I'd had was my morning coffee, and a spoonful of peanut butter around  1PM. BFF came over at 5, and I just felt nauseated and uncomfortable.  I made some peppermint tea and sipped on that. By the time he left around 7 I was feeling better. I hope I can get this figured out. Otherwise I won't be eating much on the cruise.

I'm sorry to hear your stomach was upset Vanessa.

Hopefully you are fine on your cruise.

Graham 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I hope that people will try to become smoke-free. A salute to students and I like baklava. It's also National Homemade Bread Day! I haven't made as much bread lately. Typical Wilde quote.

Yes to the meal, drink and wine (a bit pricey though).

I haven't been to Nathon. One of my college roommates was Thai and wants me to come visit. I hope to see photos.

Brrr. It was 28 this AM with a windchill of 19. We're up to a balmy 33F. I was surprised to see snow on the roofs and lawns when I looked outside. I challenged my stomach yesterday with spaghetti for dinner, and did ok (yay). BFF wants to go out to eat, but I'll likely just have soup or something mild. Some of the meds I was prescribed yesterday were so pricey. I was able to use GoodRx for one, and got it for less than half. The other I'll have to bite the bullet I suppose.

I have a lot to do. We'll be heading to FLL on Wednesday, for the Caribbean cruise on Apex (BFF won it). I have my trepidations, but hopefully will remain healthy (I'll wear my mask indoors and on tours).

@cunnorl Hang in there with the itinerary changes; I'm sure it's frustrating.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels to FLL and enjoy your cruise!

@rafinmd Thanks for the lists. Nice sunrise photo.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you got everything moved with help. Good luck with the tile. Prayers for Joanne. 

@Cat in my lap I hope you can get the medication without too much hassle.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. Wow, on Sue processing the deer herself - impressive!

@Lady Hudson That's very kind of your DS to help out.

@Ichiban Nekko Lots going on there! And Bon Voyage! You deserve to relax and have fun.

@RedneckBob Oh my on that performer's accident; hope they are ok.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos!

@ottahand7 Good to hear that DB is making some progress. Ugh on having to shovel snow! Be safe if you have to go to your Garden Club.

@aliaschief Enjoy that family time.

@kochleffel I'm glad you're feeling better.

@Cruising-along So good to hear that DS and DDIL will be getting their furnishing delivered and get to move in soon. I hope your neighbor's insurance company does right by her.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

The CD again at last nites show said the performer was ok. But it was a very chilling experience to hear the screams from the performer when the performer was hurt. The entire audience in the theater went silent and numb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I didn't get a chance to post last night since I had to do some research on Google.  And I joined my neighbors for happy hour first.

Because someone lost a load of firewood on the highway coming home yesterday, I spent the evening looking for a new tire and wheel.  I was just "lucky" to come upon the one piece of wood that was in the middle of my lane when there was oncoming traffic and I could not avoid running over it.  I stopped on the shoulder immediately and checked for damage.  There was no visible damage and the car drove all right.  There was more firewood on the shoulder for more than a mile.  Evidently, the piece of wood cracked the wheel, and by the time I stopped at our local service station a piece of the wheel was missing and the tire was damaged.  I was lucky to make it there.  

I then slowly drove home.  Once I get a new wheel and tire, I'll take the car back to the service station to have the tire mounted and put on the car.  Thankfully, I have another car to drive in the meantime. 

If there was one good thing about the incident, it is the wheel that was ruined was the one with a slightly bent rim from a blowout several years ago.   I can get the tire today when I go to Waco, but I have to order the wheel.  There's never a dull moment around here, but I would like one every now and then.

16 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda, thanks for the great photos of today's port.  This morning I tried three times to get DH's test results into VeriFLY, and the third time was the charm!  It shouldn't have been that hard to do!  Anyway we are both set there.  We will leave here about 3 to drive to ATL, pick up the car, and drive both cars back home so that's probably 2 1/2 hours of our valuable time.  Then eat something quick for dinner and finish up our evening chores and try to get some sleep.  We'd like to be out the door at 3 a.m. because we never know how bad traffic jams will be.  Too many delays and we will be late on our rental return and I sure don't want to pay for 2 days at those rates!  Plus I will need some rest stops to make sure my leg doesn't act up.  It's been several months I've been doing my PT on it and the pain is less than it was.  Hope all goes well for you and Steve while we're away.  I will check in of course whenever we get some decent internet on the ship.

Sandi, I'm sure you're on the road by now, but safe travels.  I hope you leg is better today, and doesn't give you any trouble on the drive.  Have a wonderful cruise.  🎉 🚢  BON VOYAGE  🥂 🍾

16 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Interesting day!  Hello, all, thanks for the daily news.  We came back early from Bellingham, DH had a problem, and we raced back, thinking we would stop at the hospital on our way home, but he recovered on the ferry.  I told DD he just didn't want me spending any more money!  We're not exactly in the developing world here in Canada, but it is nice to see some different stuff once in a while!  I was able to do a bit of Christmas shopping and take advantage of Black Friday specials.  We just didn't get to TJ's or Safeway for freezer stuff.  

We visited Nathon in 2014 on our Far East cruise, Pat and our DD took a ship's tour to visit elephants and temples, etc., but I and DSIL and her hubby went in to Nathon on the tender and just walked around.  DD was not happy with their treatment of the elephants so they did not go on a ride.  She bought a bunch of bananas to feed the baby elephant, and noted she didn't have to peel them...

P1050546.thumb.JPG.285acb20e326533753fec40e4da75bb8.JPG

P1060301.thumb.JPG.d69ca7150513dc7938013d41745e3176.JPG

Fish market...

P1050565.thumb.JPG.09904bfbca064406fb1b4afdc3ed40c6.JPG

Lots of birds in cages

P1050550.thumb.JPG.bac3d6419d18c17de5d968647f3cb958.JPG

From Pat and DD's tour

P1060305.thumb.JPG.114de7b2187ea47213d3328bebf561ca.JPG

P1060676.thumb.JPG.a7b90158f318c752d66ee9ffb0952468.JPG

P1060335.thumb.JPG.ca3844251f9da32d1ce4ec173139ced3.JPG

P1060336.thumb.JPG.da92bff3bf9bbf7e04a53c6c30e9c9e4.JPG

Ann, I'm sorry Pat had a problem and you had to cut your trip short.  I am glad he started feeling better on the ferry.

11 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Greetings from the cold Western Slope of Colorado!  The weather people on TV are saying that we are having January temps.  No wonder I don't like it, as I am usually In Hawaii in January!

My posting here lately is so erratic.  I have been working on cleaning out and tossing stuff, and then working on Christmas cards.  It is usually very late when I get around to reading, and then almost too late to try to post!  

@Quartzsite Cruiserwere the pictures today from a place that is "close" to Bangkok?  I was just looking at some of DH's pictures from Thailand from his Vietnam R&R, and some of the Buddas looked similar to those fading 1970 pictures.

Thanks to all for making this such a friendly, supportive place to visit.  Special to all who keep up lists, etc - @richwmn@rafinmd, @dfish, @summer slopeand @cat shepard.  You all certainly help to keep us all informed so well.

Special prayers for all in need.  Bon Voyage to all those either aboard to about to board wonderful cruise ships!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, I don't think my pictures are from the same place.  Ko Samui is an island in the Bay of Thailand south of Bangkok.  The pictures you mentioned were likely from Pattaya or Phuket.

10 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, I'm sorry you had more tummy problems.  I also hope you can get this figured out before your cruise.

Lenda

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@JazzyV

Vanessa, I am praying you and your medical team get this figured out ASAP! I know I would be frustrated. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser

Lenda, I am glad you made it safely to a place that could fix the wheel/tire. But even more importantly - that you are ok. 🤞🏻 That a dull moment heads your way soon.

• Like 2