The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday November 22nd, 2022

richwmn

Good morning Dailyites. Brrr I went out to feed the birds and it's cold, windy, and foggy. Trying not to be glum about it since our friends in NY are miserable. 

image.png.adfe9851ac9a465530e1ab4ed21a267b.png

Last night we ate downtown for prime rib night with friends. I had a bowl of onion soup first that was so good I could have eaten a 2nd bowl and send the prime rib home with us.

I have a Dr appt this morning,  then pedicures and lunch with friends. There's a few options for dinner tonight in the fridge but won't be squash.

Our Delta flight to/from Austin/FLL has made change #6. Now we're stuck waiting in Atlanta for 4 hours. I'm going to look at other options when I finish my post.

Prayers lifted for those on our growing list. Prayers also for Ukraine, Java, and the family and friends of the 4 murdered students in Moscow Idaho. 

• Like 22

36 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cold and sunny morning. 59 years ago today was the death of President Kennedy. My birthday is always marked by this moment. 
   I guess we’re going out for dinner tonight. Birthday’s aren’t the celebration they used to be.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

Happy Birthday!🎂 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

I agree with all you said, the US went into a defensive shell in the second half. I did think that 9 minutes added on for stoppage was fair.

Nine minutes is a lot; it is just that even after the nine minutes had been announced, Wales players took a couple more flops that resulted in "non-play" time but didn't result in additional stoppage time. I know when I was playing soccer in college most of the stoppage that took place in yesterday's game would have never happened. The norm should be to play on.

• Like 12

@dfishGlad your city picks up large items. That only happens for us once a year and people keep dumping stuff in the open lots near us.... I have city waste management on speed dial. @kazuI am glad you made it up and down stairs successfully ..... I would have tossed things down too. Don't know what I would do if I could not go up and down with my dogs. Not a lot of stairs.... but I can't toss them and I do have to hold leashes and the railing. Should try some variations before I need them.

Still cold here although it may get up to high 40's today. These walks with the dogs when it is 14F are really getting old. The good part is that Monty is realizing I am not going to kill him when his coat goes on. That makes life a bit easier.

Think I can skip the meal today. I will probably just have a cheeseburger without the bun and a salad for the evening. I need to haul stuff out to the trash today and also put a bunch of boxes and paper in the recycling while there is still room. Then it is out to the shelter for personnel issues and maybe some kitten luvin time. Kitten season certainly stretched out this year.

Wistfully following along with those of you on various cruises. Even rough seas sound good right now.

Susan

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

It's a rainy morning here, but warmed up to the mid 40's F and heading to close to 50.  I'll take rain over snow any day, but we're supposed to get some of that "frozen mix" next week so colder temps ahead.

I think I had a few freckles when I was a child, but not many.  Love cranberry relish, and will save my ride for Thursday when we drive to Lynden to my sister's house.

The quote is humorous, will pass on the meal and drink, but the wine sounds very good.  Never have been to the port.  

Today starts my 2-day kitchen marathon.  I'll be making the dinner rolls in the bread maker, and the corn casserole today.  Not sure what will be for dinner, but it may be take-out. 😉 

We're taking advantage of the Black Friday sale on both HAL and Celebrity, and making out very well on our next 2 cruises!  Still waiting for our new HAL PCC to respond (I really miss our last PCC who retired this year) 😞  If she doesn't "shape up" soon, there will be no more bookings with her!  On the other hand, we book our Celebrity cruises with the Big Box store, and they handled everything quickly with no delay.

Jacqui @kazuwe also had priority tags and air tags on our luggage and the airline managed to misplace them.  Flying has gotten ridiculous.  I hope yours turns up soon.

@1ANGELCATHappy Birthday!

Today our DS and DDIL will get their new puppy and they're beyond excited.  It will also mean that most likely they won't be able to join us in Lynden on Thanksgiving, but I understand.  I plan to bring them some left overs on Friday if they can't come. 

They went through a rescue/foster program called Dog Gone Seattle.  She isn't trained at all, so they understandably don't want to bring her on a long car ride yet.  I'm sure by Christmas they'll have her travel-ready.  All their other dogs have been well-trained.  Here's a photo of her from the rescue place. Her new name will be Pepper.

Pepper.thumb.jpg.ea07c8b9a5d487dc97e14e28981345b5.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Tuesday report, Rich.  I don't have freckles but enjoy cranberry relish.  Does riding in a train count?  Mine is getting a bit longer than expected (ETA now 11:30 rather than 11 but still pleasant.  Interesting quote by Hemmingway.  I have not been to Topolobampo on a cruise but was there on a land trip at the turn of the Century.  It is the Gateway to Mexico's Copper Canyon.  I'll pass on the meal as well.  My alternative is raisin toast, something I rarely get at home but enjoyed my final morning on the Eurodam:

raisin.jpg

@kazu can you even drive?  I wish you had a neighbor who could tackle your stairs and bring down some fresh clothes for you.

Today’s care list:

Sharon recovering from bronchitis
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother in rehab with poor prognosis
Terri’s next door neighbor Joanne with stroke and complications
Jazzyv digestive issues
Those afecteed by Java earthquake
Cruisin Terri continuing autoimmune flareup
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
cruisin single step-son with double cancer and months of recovery before kidney removal
Quartzite Cruiser DH in rehab

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Aliaschief in California
StlouisCruisers meeting Summer Slope in person
6days for SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess 11/28 to 12/12)
4 days for Ichiban Nekko and Himself (Nieuw Statendam 11/26 to 12/3)
4 days for Jazzyv (Apex 11/26 to 12/3)
GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/19 to 11/26), Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam 11/20 to 11/30),  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam 11/19 to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam 11/19 to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Roy, I noticed you had posted pictures of Topolpbampo on May 5, 2022.  Would you like for me to repost them when I get back home this afternoon?  It would probably be later afternoon, but I'll be on my laptop anyway.

Lenda

• Like 9

Sorry I'm late with the drink of the day.  Have a very early morning excursion.

Sour Apple Highball:

Ingredients
1 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps
1 part Lemon-Lime Soda

Instructions
Build over ice, stir gently, and serve.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.14.57 AM.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

Good morning all. Yesterday they came and desurfaced our street. They had so many men and equipement  I just watched. Then about noon today they plan to resurface the road with hot asphalt. None of the neighbors can figure out why as we had one of the best streets in Mobile. No pot holes, no cracks or anything. Surface seemed really nice. It will be hard to do better then what we had. I plan to take my other son and grandson out to lunch to beat the pavers. 

street2.jpg

street1.jpg

• Like 18

Another sunny day starting around 50. We leave in a few minutes as we have reservations to tour Hearst Castle. Yesterday, we just enjoyed hanging out with walks on beach, reading, grilled shrimp on the grill. We have actually eaten in more then planned as this rental is so well equipped cooking has been easy.

Last night’s sunset had a multitude of various colors and views. Gorgeous!

Thanks for the Fleet Report.

image.thumb.jpeg.5d84902fe5d3c2a80fad87f566d14643.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9eaa569198bd2c62c8456f176e0ef063.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ba0100e9b48c5919bf7794c0e05a46e7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.53ca9fd81fbbbff488d43066c6a63d78.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.821bf5922f284e9a30b42f10605a9424.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78c95587f7198b41776b56ed4c0d3c60.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It's a rainy morning here, but warmed up to the mid 40's F and heading to close to 50.  I'll take rain over snow any day, but we're supposed to get some of that "frozen mix" next week so colder temps ahead.

I think I had a few freckles when I was a child, but not many.  Love cranberry relish, and will save my ride for Thursday when we drive to Lynden to my sister's house.

The quote is humorous, will pass on the meal and drink, but the wine sounds very good.  Never have been to the port.  

Today starts my 2-day kitchen marathon.  I'll be making the dinner rolls in the bread maker, and the corn casserole today.  Not sure what will be for dinner, but it may be take-out. 😉 

We're taking advantage of the Black Friday sale on both HAL and Celebrity, and making out very well on our next 2 cruises!  Still waiting for our new HAL PCC to respond (I really miss our last PCC who retired this year) 😞  If she doesn't "shape up" soon, there will be no more bookings with her!  On the other hand, we book our Celebrity cruises with the Big Box store, and they handled everything quickly with no delay.

Jacqui @kazuwe also had priority tags and air tags on our luggage and the airline managed to misplace them.  Flying has gotten ridiculous.  I hope yours turns up soon.

@1ANGELCATHappy Birthday!

Today our DS and DDIL will get their new puppy and they're beyond excited.  It will also mean that most likely they won't be able to join us in Lynden on Thanksgiving, but I understand.  I plan to bring them some left overs on Friday if they can't come. 

They went through a rescue/foster program called Dog Gone Seattle.  She isn't trained at all, so they understandably don't want to bring her on a long car ride yet.  I'm sure by Christmas they'll have her travel-ready.  All their other dogs have been well-trained.  Here's a photo of her from the rescue place. Her new name will be Pepper.

Ahhhhh.... so sweet and a rescue. Who could resist those eyes!!!!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Ahh bless them for saving a rescue. 👍 Pepper is very cute and I am sure will be very happy in the new furever home ♥️ 

55 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Sorry I'm late with the drink of the day.  Have a very early morning excursion.

Please don’t apologize - we appreciate you doing this while you are cruising.

I’m glad your internet is better than ours was.  I was lucky to get two posts done on my LIVE thread.  It was abysmal.

55 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Sour Apple Highball:

Ingredients
1 part Pinnacle® Original Vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps
1 part Lemon-Lime Soda

Instructions
Build over ice, stir gently, and serve.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 11.14.57 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1