At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 1-30

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Tauranga, Rotorua, New Zealand 09:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Drydock Malaysia until 2/2

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Nukualofa, Tongatapu, Tonga eta 1-30

Thank you for posting today's reports Sandi.

IMG_20230128_092656.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I hope Roy is okay.  Sending prayers for him.  Thank you Sandi for posting.

Data privacy is very important.  It seems that so many companies have had data breaches, I hope it does not adversely affect Dailyites.   It's important to have fun at work, and other places too.  I am not a fan of the kazoo. 

Love the humour of Stephen Wright.

The meal suggestion sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Gin and tonic is my go-to cocktail.  Wish I was on a BHB having one now. 

Hope the wine is tasty and not too expensive.

We haven't been to today's port.

More snow last night, we'll get the shovels and snowblower out later.  Bertie likes the snow.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good morning friends!  Things are getting started off in a completely different way than I thought they would.  After reading last night's posts on the Friday Daily I discovered Roy had taken a tumble yesterday.  Since he hasn't appeared here and hadn't posted yet, I am alarmed and worried about him.  We definitely need to add him to the Care list! 🙏

I will agree we all need data privacy.  There are so many hackers out there trying to steal our information.  I don't really care about kazoos that much.  If you can have fun at work, go for it.  The quote is funny.  I'm sure we'll discover the brocolli cauliflower casserole is good for us as we get our veggie requirements in for the day.  The gin and tonic sounds like it will be a winner on the Daily, and I probably wouldn't like the red wine.  Sorry!  The port of Buenos Aires is a big one and has only been listed here once before, Aug. 10, 2022.  I'll add the link to then so you can all get your photos and post them here.  It's an exciting city with lots to see and do there.

Prayers for all our Daily people in need (including Roy) and Cheers to the celebrants on a cruise or otherwise enjoying happy events.  We may get out of the house today to get some items we are in need of.  Nothing exciting.  Hoping all have a great day!

We went first to Buenos Aires in 2012 on Star Princess and took a bus tour of the city.  Next in 2015 on Ruby Princess and my Shutterfly photo book says we walked around starting in the Retiro neighborhood. I believe there was a shuttle that dropped us off so that helped a lot.  Some of these docks are far from the exciting sights!  Our third time was disembarkation from the Seabourn Quest after our Antarctica and South Georgia Island cruise.  We took a tour to use up time so we wouldn't have to sit at the Buenos Aires airport, which is not a fun place to spend the day.  I'll show some photos from that visit.  We also went there in January 2020 on Coral Princess where we also disembarked after our Antarctica cruise but that day was rainy so not as much fun to tour.  

Here we go!  Arriving in Buenos Aires and sad to disembark the Quest.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJU918aOJWXlhR-cuYbAaab?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534759

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJaUbglp2WQFZaOvdjg3yBa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534799

On to the bus we went to our first stop Recoleta Cemetery.  Scenes along the way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnB5zIXTuW4kmgVEW7P_mO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534846

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIelcpkln39bWahlS582KUk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534886

Along the way I noticed dog walkers everywhere.  I can't count how many this guy had.  5, 6 or maybe 7??00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlqosj5Y9OLvWQ6i3HSm7F?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534911

Here we are walking to see Eva Peron's tomb.  Many Argentinian Presidents, poets, soldiers and actors are buried there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKflMGZap9L2q5VJVhfeaM7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484534951

I see 4 kitties here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHYuocO4zNrkiBe4uGmM8Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535064

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUdH6cxok7Iwjf_HXPjPjx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJNlw5asaihVmYSWbTFA4se?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535083

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOsHl3VLnOWdAMMaYjk7vR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535084

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLpgNwTXSVtFI6_E_NsJ0Z3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535089

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLudq4joQyjWw82NEtewTsT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535090

Eva's gravesite.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_nJFhle1UpDZVmNn3tyOR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535143

Here is the Teatro Colon, the opera house.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjko8xeF10KRfS2wphbUaJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535237

El Obelisco monument

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLLkXbUWrUPefcBzwNO6JiD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535247

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg164vZVA0qQ2ovjciScT5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535261

Then we went to the La Boca neighborhood.   Here is the La Bombenera stadium home of the Boca Juniors. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI4_nNqs3a1kbLBAz9RT6rX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535328

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4tzSZ9IKaXiUUE1icY6Pp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535340

stopping for some shopping this colorful neighborhood.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJL_kc0v1Bm4HD9vBoG-c9n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535368

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLH0BiBNjBxTXnKmdDW9TT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535347

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgfLSxuK1oHGcPL6tvLV8x?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535386

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb-w-b1EzlDsv8FblfO0pj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535420

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_6vHNlyRLEOxJXqjgndHH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535470

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLRDFWmYO6r7kbgFjk8awbD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535565

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnaiZrpuGAb_S0G42O9J4S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535598

Stopping for a snack at the Cafe Tortoni, a French style cafe popular with the cultural elite (who me?)00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAgnE7R1jit0s3ZDIlx3Gn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535612

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkkP7JD6Upb5Xxjs17Abu2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535657

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIk2OtZ1s-QadqygeyzdDH6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484535668

Enough for today.  Hope you enjoyed Buenos Aires!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning Everyone, @StLouisCruisers thank you for posting the daily.  I’m hoping that Roy is ok after his fall.  Data privacy is very important to keep in mind. I carry each credit card in rfid holders, I have been turning on two factor authentication and have credit card alerts set.  I’m curious about today’s meal suggestion and think it might be a side dish.  DH took a well deserved nap after yesterday’s procedure and we went to our local Greek restaurant for an early dinner.  No errands today, I’ll be up early tomorrow to make a run to a grocery store run that isn’t so close.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday.

image.png.657b41210cef89215ad4dddc40a29dbc.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 12

Good morning everyone. Thank you Sandi for posting today. Guess what? I found my distance glasses right where I knew they had to be but I couldn’t get down on the floor to look under the table. I used a ruler and out they came. Too late to cancel the new pair I ordered. Prayers for Roy that he isn’t badly injured and for all who need them today.

Carol

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 33

1 minute ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Thank you Sandi for posting today. Guess what? I found my distance glasses right where I knew they had to be but I couldn’t get down on the floor to look under the table. I used a ruler and out they came. Too late to cancel the new pair I ordered. Prayers for all who need them today.

Carol

Carol, great that you found the old glasses, and now you will have a spare for the next time they walk off!  I can't read a thing without my glasses so I like to have a spare pair with me when I travel.  The prescription is my last one so not perfect but better than nothing.

Graham @grapau27I see you have a nice big breakfast this morning.  Are you two out shopping today?

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich and Sandi.  I had a very bad night last night but finally slept about 3 hours starting at 3:30, and then getting out of bed and dressed took forever.  I think I'll be calling an ambulance soon.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 38

Thanks for posting the Fleet update and general info Sandi and hope Roy is ok.

Just love my kazoo. Can’t get enough of if.

Now for Day 4 of 7 of cruising the strip in Vegas. I plan to go to Venice and specifically the Venetian. Don’t tell anyone but I plan to work there today. I will be the official redneck gondola and fishing tour guide in the Venetian canals. Take a look at the boat I will launch into the waters this AM. She’s a beauty, isn’t she!

8755D00F-E038-4A20-BD4D-39DE47BA4863.thumb.png.c5149d505867a4375999b7c1b8dc1853.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 19

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich and Sandi.  I had a very bad night last night but finally slept about 3 hours starting at 3:30, and then getting out of bed and dressed took forever.  I think I'll be calling an ambulance soon.

Roy

Oh no Roy!! I hope you can get to the hospital soon. We're all worried for you!!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for starting us off today Sandi!  Prayers for Roy. 🙏

We are in windy Punta Arenas Chile. John said we had a rough night though I slept right through it.  We overheard a Dutch couple this morning saying their cabin filled with water last night.  Yikes!   We have no excursions today so will take the HA shuttle into downtown when it gets a bit warmer. Winter jackets are out on passengers. I am glad we didn't book the open boat ride to the penguin island.   

Last night we passed an unannounced ship wreck and passed our first ship I noted in 48 hours.  Tonight we enter the Beagle Channel en route to Ushuaia. We have an afternoon arrival so that we are getting beautiful scenery during daylight. 

Sandi thanks for the photos of Buenos Aires, it will be a new port for us arriving on February 12.   Have a wonderful day! Nancy 

IMG_20230127_193431912.jpg

IMG_20230127_135613830_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230127_105020413_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230127_101758442_HDR.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

Sandi, thank you for posting today’s Report & Daily.

Praying that there is nothing seriously wrong, Roy! If you have the energy, please keep us posted. We will keep you in our prayers. 

@kazu Jacqui hope you found some pain relief.

Welcome home @ger_77! Gerry, love the picture of you, Joy & Allan! Thank you for sharing. 

It was 43 when Bindi and I went out this morning. And too early for the winds to have started. The Northeast winds we’ve had for the past two days have made Bindi walks tough. Thank goodness the sun has been out.  This morning I have a Zumba class preceded by a foam rolling class. It is bizarre how much a hard cylinder of foam can help what aches. Tonight doing dinner at a friend’s. I am in charge of the salad course. I do love a colorful salad. I know there will be wine, too. 

1D32ABAD-AA2B-4634-B706-D8AD5DB362A9.jpeg.2ecbbc1ab9f34ce01fa04d931b8b8153.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support: Kathi, Tana, Jacqui, Sarah & Roy. 
Cheers to all who are celebrating!  

Get well & stay well everyone. Yes, I am looking at YOU!

Fromm Syrah Marlborough Fromm Vineyard 2019

Another elusive New Zealand wine. It has excellent reviews, but I only found one online distributor that ships to Florida & they are in New Zealand! Imagine the shipping costs. It sounds like a lovely Syrah. The price seems to be reasonable at $29.80.

Distributor notes

Pure, ripe and varietal with distinctive floral and mineral scents, black cherry and dark raspberry. These ideas are mirrored on the palate with surrounded by a firm textue of fruit then some wood tannins, youthful acid topline and complexity from baking spices and lees and earthy mineral qualities. Delicious, fresh, very new still and will continue to age and develop if you can be patient. Lengthy complex finish with best drinking from late 2024 through 2030+. 95 Points

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

Dear Daily-ites, 

As I'm sure ya'll are, worried to pieces about our Roy!!

Good morning.  Thank you Sandi for posting the Daily. You did a great stand in job.

I have our suitcases washed and sprayed,  drying out. I gave a rest yesterday from more chores. Went with our friends to pedicures and out to lunch. Friends stopped by last night after my shower and jammies were on.. of course!

Today I'm pulling together strength to finish all my chores. I have some yard clean up from the freeze while we were gone. Tomorrow we invited friends for a homecoming party with snacks and drinks, so need to get motivated!

I have prayers lifted for all on Roy's list as well as my own. Please take care!!

Xx

• Like 27

Prayers for Roy. What happens in a slit second can take forever to heal. Elbows are tricky as Jacqui can attest to. 

Data breach is all too real for me. Someone tried to get my social security twice when I was still working!  The breach was through an IRS link on the FASFA which is the form college students fill out for financial aid. I was far from college when that happened. I had just turned 62 and was at the earliest age to collect. The IRS paid for credit monitoring for 2 years and I have paid for it ever since. 

Last minute preparation for tomorrows flight. Pedicures with my DDIL who has been my rock this last year. 

• Like 29

Gin and Tonic cocktail:

A gin and tonic or, less frequently, gin tonic, is a highball cocktail made with gin and tonic water poured over a large amount of ice. The ratio of gin to tonic varies according to taste, strength of the gin, other drink mixers being added, etc., with most recipes calling for a ratio between 1:1 and 1:3. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Gin
Ingredients: 1 part to 3 parts gin (to taste), 3 parts tonic water
Preparation: In a glass filled with ice cubes, add gin and tonic.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: A slice or wedge of lime
Drinkware: Highball glass, Rocks glass

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 8.07.02 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 13

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

All of us here at the Daily are praying for you and hoping you will be up and around in no time.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I hope you can get checked out and am sending prayers your way.

• Like 23

Good Morning from an overcast but warming day a the beach

Thanks Sandi for starting our thread today. Have to admit, it had me confued for a minute as I did not know about Roys fall.

Roy @rafinmd Please take care of yourself and get the medical help you need. We will all be praying for you.

Buenos Aries is on our scheduled tip in the fall. THanks Sandi for the pictures.

My niece is here on a quick trip from Boston. It has been a great visit.. She came to go to the Bruins game in Tampa on Thursday with my local  nephew and other friends. It has become an annual event.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily, Sandi!  Having had my cc compromised just last month, I'm quite aware of data privacy.  Although I had a job that required being serious and stern much of the time, I always made time to have fun at work as well.  Please don't ask me to add a kazoo to DH's large collection of musical (or not so musical) instruments!

@rafinmdoh my goodness, now you've got me worried; I do hope we can hear from you again soon, and that things will be better for you!

@Seasick Sailorjust a skinned knee and nothing more?  Yikes for you, too!!

Yesterday was "the" day for unpacking - I didn't have the energy to do it the day we got home, so the suitcases stood locked in the spare bedroom until I tackled them.  Every time we travel, I think "I'll pack less", but then I'm overcome with the JIC (Just In Case) items of clothing . . .    This cruise was no different.  LOL  There were at least 4 tops and a couple of dresses I never took out of the closet, so will have to be a little more disciplined next time around.  

It was funny though, when I found a zip lock with all the extra tea bags that were given to me at breakfast - I'd order either lemon or apple tea and the waiter would always give me one for the tea pot and an extra "to take home".  Well, I always put it into my little wristlet and put them into a zip lock in the cabin drawer.  I'd forgotten about them, but I guess DH tossed them into the suitcase while my back was turned, and now I've got 23 bags of tea to remind me of our lovely trip!

This morning I'm going out to get my gel nail fill - one I'd been nursing for about a week finally came off entirely yesterday - and then will pick up a couple of extra things from the grocery store.  Friends are coming over this afternoon and we've invited them to stay for dinner - I'll make one of their favourites, baked spaghetti. It will be great to catch up with them after being gone almost a month.   So, it's looking like we'll be having baked spaghetti, garlic toast and a side salad in the dining room tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, especially those with recent falls!  Cheers to all with celebrations today.  

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

• Like 31