The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 30th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is National Inane Answering Message Day, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, and National Escape Day

He not busy being born is busy dying. - Bob Dylan

Meal Suggestion for today - Instant Pot Turkey Breast
Drink of the Day - Kiwi Zest Martini
Wine of the Day - Chateau Ste. Michelle Artist Series Cabernet, Columbia Valley, Washington State
Destination of the Day - Kushiro City, Japan Kushiro

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 1-31

Koningsdam

Ensenada, Baja California Mexico 13:00 - 23:59

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Plata-Amber Cove, Dominicana eta 1-31

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 1-31

Oosterdam

Punta del Este, Uruguay 10:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles 07:00 - 23:00

Volendam

Ushuaia, Argentina 06:00 - 20:00

Zaandam

Panama Canal

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Wellington, New Zealand 10:00 - 19:00

Westerdam

Drydock Malaysa until 2/2

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Auckland, New Zealand eta 2-02

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFdQQUV35Mk1tHw7aIVGEvV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1675074454

Sandi for Roy and Rich

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 15

Today's Care and Celebration lists are long, but I am hoping we will whittle down the Care list very soon.  Get well Roy!

Today’s care list:

Roy in hospital with pneumonia and low sodium

Seasick Sailor having oral surgery

JazzyV experiencing eye hemorrhaging

Cruzin Terri with Polymyalgia Rheumatica pain
Marshhawk doctor/vet problems
HAL Sailer suffering identity fraud

Luvteaching DH in hospital with infection
RIP Patricia 1/23/23
Kazu with continuing pain
StLouisCruisers neighbor Rudy awaiting bypass surgery Tuesday

From the rotation:
HAL Sailer DSIL in final days and family squabbles
Status of Scrapnana

Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Ominous scan for Marshhawk
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome Hal lover

Aliaschief leaving for Cancun Tuesday
Redneck Bob in Vegas until 2/1
Cruzn single in Hawaii until 1/31
Welcome home Heartgrove

5 days for 0106 (Rotterdam 2/4 to 2/15)

8 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Sirena 2/7 to 2/19)

DeeniEncinitas, and sailingdutchy (Koningsdam  to 1/31), Cruising sister (Disney Dream to 2/4), lindaler and ottahand7 (Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty ,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

• Like 22
  • Thanks 18

Good morning friends!  I'm up a little earlier than usual trying to finish the Daily and Fleet Report, and Care and Celebration lists before my usual treadmill time.  Need to get a good start to the day!  Hoping Roy @rafinmdhas a good morning and the docs feel he is ready to go home and rest in his own bed.  Thanks to Rich @richwmnfor setting up the Daily message for us so that we can continue on with this tradition.

It's about 50F here and it's been raining a lot overnight.  We will have more rainy periods and some cloudy periods with a high of 59 later on.  I see today is Nantional Inane Answering Machine Message Day.  Ours is the usual type, but can't wait to hear Redneck Bob's message!  I appreciate bubble wrap especially the last time I moved.  I had huge rolls of it.  National Escape Day?  Not for me!  Sort of a dreary quote from Bob Dylan.  Have we had the turkey breast recipe before?  Doesn't matter - it's still tasty fixed in the crock pot or the instant pot.  No thanks to the drink and I'll turn down the red wine today.

Our port of the day is Kushiro City, Japan which Rich posted last on November 18, 2022.  I have not been to many Japanese ports and this is one I have not been to.  Please go back using this link and repost your photos if you did it Nov. 18.  We want our memories refreshed!

I added a few things to the Care list today and we hope some will be coming down soon.  Joy will have her oral surgery and hopefully she will heal quickly.  Good luck Joy @Seasick Sailor!  We'll be praying for each and every one of you.  Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list.  Have great cruises, too!

DS, DGS Ren, his teammate Colton and his Dad are taking the boys to Dallas today for another look at the Dallas soccer team today.  The boys will train with the team Tues, Wed., and Thursday and then they'll be home by Friday.  School work is done while away online.  The boys have been invited to several cities across the US to try out and are honored to get that privilege.  Big decisions to be made soon for them.  I'm rooting for them, and praying for the right decisions.

Congrats to Kansas City and Philadelphia on their football teams winning yesterday.  On to the Super Bowl! 🏈 Have a great day everyone!  I'm 5 minutes late for my treadmill routine!  😄

• Like 31

Good morning everyone.  Thank-you @StLouisCruisersfor taking on the Daily Report during @rafinmd’s absence.  Interesting collection of days.  Bubble wrap is greatly appreciated around the holidays for sure.  Interesting quote.  Will pass on the meal suggestion but the drink sounds good.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list. Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 23

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi.

good collection of days - would love to escape right now 😉 Do people use answering machines still?  Most have voice mail.

Dylan’s quote is depressing, but true.  Today’s drink sounds interesting - don’t recall seeing a drink with Kiwi before.

”I nearly slept all night, I nearly slept all night” (sung to the tune of I could have danced all night from King and I) is my happy report today.  Only woke up twice and not with a scream. The new pill protocol seems to be working.  Elbow still hurts of course, but it’s bearable.  Hoping it continues 🤞 

LOL - got an email from the hospital they sent it last week and to please check.  Promptly answered nope - never got it.  Hmm - if they sent it last week they could have re-sent it in a nano second - waiting.

My sweet neighbour is taking me for groceries today/whatever I need.  It’s exciting to get out of the house for something besides going to the hospital 😂  She’s a pro at timing in between storms.

20AC814D-390C-4E82-BD12-69361A3095F2.thumb.jpeg.7c20b72e956031ff2241a2637a2c46f3.jpeg

another neighbour treated me to a chicken dinner (she even cut up the chicken) - delish - but, I like cranberries with my chicken.  @Cruising-along(hope I am remembering the right person) and all those who told me about the can opener - THANK YOU.  I had it go around twice and was easily able to take off the top with one hand and had cranberries.  This is definitely a keeper 🙂 I am most grateful for the suggestion - I didn’t know they existed.  

9 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I even missed celebrating my 70th birthday! 

What??  Please don’t forget yourself - it’s easy to do with all you have going on.  A very happy belated birthday, Melissa

FED4E9AA-4419-44F5-B1E5-73E552E88D86.jpeg.3b8fc3f9d769f2fc971a2e678831af77.jpeg

9 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

I'll admit my emotional tank is drained – thankfully our finances weren't!

So sorry for all you are enduring - please take care of yourself.  I know it’s easier said than done 😞 

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Also for you who cruise HAL, looking at the menu for the Italian restaurant, I am assuming you are charged for the dining experience, not the plates you order, so they say on the menu, large plates, to share.  
Does this mean we all agree on one dish, and all three of us share it?  Or that we are supposed to share, because we are best buddies?  Not sure.  What if I dont want to share, or the two guys dont like what I decide to order....I know these may be dumb questions, but I have my moments.... 

I think your questions  were answered overall, but just to reassure - no, you don’t have to share.  theoretically, you could order 3 different dishes and share but whenever we go to Canaletto, each orders their own entree.

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

The Italian restaurant, Canaletto, is a charge per person, not per dish.  And, yes, you can each order your own dish.  I do have to say it isn't our favorite restaurant and we've only eaten there once in all our BHB cruising.  My favorite specialty restaurant is the Pinnacle Grill but for lunch.  On my upcoming cruise I have 3 specialty dinners and am not sure I really need them......

Canaletto was never my favourite either, but I have to say that I found it very good on Prinsendam (pre-covid) and recently on both the Oosterdam and the Koningsdam.  

5 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Does anyone know the safest way to get credit reports?

I can order a credit report (no charge) right my online banking (which is very secure and guaranteed).  Now, I’m Canadian with a different banking system but it would be worthwhile to check if you can.

58F9B7E1-A36E-4904-9E43-F1B117B8DD79.thumb.jpeg.ccff61cfcd84738db1c64eb83520e64a.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them with special ones for Roy @rafinmdand cheers 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

8C1BABB0-74B0-4E2B-B979-5EFA24705637.thumb.jpeg.dd1a5633c57e7de082341368e87652c4.jpeg

Have a great Monday, everyone !!!!!!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

Good afternoon.

Very many thanks Sandi @StLouisCruisers for today's fleet reports, Daily and all the various lists.

3 interesting days.

I like Bob Dylan's music but will give his quote a miss.

Today's food sounds nice.

Never been to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for all our Dailyites who are in pain and unwell.

Take care 

Graham.

• Like 19

Good morning. 

We still use an answering machine.  We have a house land line because we need a fax machine. 

Headed to the dentist this afternoon to get a crown re-glued.  We leave a year from today on our next cruise, is it too early to start packing.  LOL

Kiwi Zest Martini cocktail:

Ingredients

2 parts Pinnacle® Kiwi Strawberry Vodka
1 part Sour Mix
1/2 part Lemon Juice
Sugar
Lemon Wedges

Instructions

Shake with ice and strain into a sugar rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 6.58.37 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 13

Good morning everyone. I’m having trouble sleeping and have been waking at 5. Makes for a very long day. What did I miss about a can opener? Would love to know since I don’t have an electric one.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 23

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Lots more snow coming down here.  We've got a winter weather travel advisory warning.  Lots of snow and wind causing reduced visibility.  Good thing we don't have to go anywhere.  I guess we'll get shovels and the snowblower out later.

We still use an answering machine, but the message is boring, not inane.  I love bubble pack, too bad it's not recyclable.  There's no escape from the snow for us.

Interesting quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe, I picked up a turkey breast on sale a little while ago and it's just sitting in the freezer, waiting.

I'll pass on the drink and wine.

We haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Thank you Sandi (and Rich).  Sandi, don’t worry too much about getting up early; I always did the lists well after the Daily came out.

Not a good night; I asked my night Nurse about how my release would be timed; when the antibiotics were finished.  He said in could be months if ever.  There could be permanent scarring which would leave me pretty much unable to live on my own..  

I have continuing low grade pain and hardly slept at all.  My body is at glacial speed but brain is racing.

One good thing is I coughed up a healthy bit of glop this morning.

Roy 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 34

Sandi, Thank you for getting us started and doing more than just posting what Rich prepared. I admire you & Roy for adding maps. And I really admire you for even attempting the Care/Celebration lists. Thank you!

@rafinmd, Roy, I just read your post. I hope the night nurse was just trying to manage your expectations. He doesn’t know you and all the amazing things you do. I will pray that he is totally wrong. 

@Seasick Sailor Joy, praying all goes smoothly today with your surgery. 

One class at the gym, Bindi walks, my last pool deck work estimate and then dinner & trivia with friends. 

6A9B99CA-3847-4F25-8CBE-1A524AE88FFF.jpeg.31cb0cd0e31f7b5093f194bff6518b57.jpeg

63A8B236-3094-4EC2-9E4D-BF096283E1CA.jpeg.5752628001edf04f7137c0730e03d5f3.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support: especially Roy, Jacqui, Kathi, Sarah and Tana. 
Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Get well and stay well everyone!

Chateau Ste. Michelle Artist Series Cabernet, Columbia Valley, Washington State

A bit elusive and pricey. But this cab sounds more like a red blend to me and I would love to taste it. I used the 2017 vintage info. Available from a few online distributors with prices starting at $70.00.

91 Wine Enthusiast 

Cabernet Sauvignon accounts for 56% of this wine, with the rest Merlot (39%) and smidgen of Malbec and Cabernet Franc. The aromas are brooding, with notes of barrel spice, dark chocolate, dried and black cherry. Creamy fruit and barrel flavors follow, showing an appealing texture. Coffee and raspberry notes linger on the finish. It's a complete charmer.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12

27 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Sandi (and Rich).  Sandi, don’t worry too much about getting up early; I always did the lists well after the Daily came out.

Not a good night; I asked my night Nurse about how my release would be timed; when the antibiotics were finished.  He said in could be months if ever.  There could be permanent scarring which would leave me pretty much unable to live on my own..  

I have continuing low grade pain and hardly slept at all.  My body is at glacial speed but brain is racing.

Roy 

Roy @rafinmd.

I felt gutted for you when I read your post.

Don't be discouraged by what you have been told because you are an adventurer and you have many more cruises to take.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 22

He not busy being born is busy dying.

I think Dylan means if you stop reinventing yourself ( growing, changing) you’re dying.  Just a more poetic perspective.  

I posted this info about credit reports for @TiogaCruiser on Sunday’s Daily but I thought it might be more useful here. 

This info comes from https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/free-credit-reports The three nationwide credit bureaus — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — have a centralized website, toll-free telephone number, and mailing address so you can order your free annual reports in one place. These are the only ways to order your free annual credit reports: 

Annual Credit Report Request Service 
P.O. Box 105281 
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281

@rafinmdI hope you are able to speak to the doctor today and you receive a better prognosis.  

Positive thoughts to those on the care list and cheers to those who are celebrating.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I’m having trouble sleeping and have been waking at 5. Makes for a very long day. What did I miss about a can opener? Would love to know since I don’t have an electric one.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Sorry to hear about your problems sleeping, Carol.  I know that feeling all too well.  😞 I’ve been up at 3, 4 and 5 am since Friday.  Today was the first 6AM 👍 

about a week ago, a can opener that works with a finger and not using two hands was suggested to help me (I had posted a neighbour came over to open cans)

Several people posted with suggestions and I ordered one.

A581B384-3972-4D7A-838B-B39EF212FF8D.thumb.jpeg.0b688b067afbf7b069f0d322dc53a4cb.jpeg

It works really well - lets me open a can with one hand and now, I don’t have to impose on anyone’s kindness for that. That’s the Canadian site and it wasn’t $60 when I ordered it.

27 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

Oh dear Roy 😞. Sorry you are still in pain and having trouble sleeping.  You need your sleep to heal (pot meet kettle).  

I echo @cat shepard hoping that the Nurse was just trying to manage your expectations.  At least, I am praying that is the case 🙏🏻. Most of them don’t know about discharges IME.

Prayers for you for good healing and a full recovery 🙏🏻 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, @StLouisCruisers thank you for today’s reports.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me.  We still have an answering machine with a generic message. I needed a landline to work at home and never switched to a cell number when that became possible.  @rafinmd I do hope that the nurse was wrong and that you recover soon and get on a dam ship.  

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

image.png.c7d3659d3929cb3610a25a8e8fbd7ff6.png

• Like 24
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

Roy, I'm sorry the nighttime weekend nurse upset you.  Like others, I'll be saying prayers that the doctor has other ideas.  Stay strong, Roy.

• Like 24

Good morning  from a gloomy but going up to 50  NY. We have not been  to Japan but would love to escape to somewhere  today.A turkey breast would be nice for dinner but we have leftover Italian Wedding Soup.

@HAL Sailer,Melissa, Happy Belated  Birthday.Are you also an Aquarian? I am glad you got the fraud mess cleared up.

@StLouisCruisers, Ren's soccer adventures  sound very exciting.Best of luck to them and it is great that the Dads  are there as well.

Also, thank you so much for your labors in keeping the Daily going.

@kazu, Jacqui, I also ordered a can opener that day and really like it. I am glad you slept until six today.

@mamaofami, Carol. I am often awake at really early hours.It is good for reading !

@Seasick Sailor,Joy, a prayer for you and I hope the surgery goes well.

@rafinmd, I can't  imagine getting news like that in the middle of the night.I hope your doctor can provide accurate  information  today.Pneumonia is hard to deal with as there are a lot of ups and downs.Tana sends her love and best wishes to you,as do I.I hope today is much,much better.

Terry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi.

good collection of days - would love to escape right now 😉 Do people use answering machines still?  Most have voice mail.

Dylan’s quote is depressing, but true.  Today’s drink sounds interesting - don’t recall seeing a drink with Kiwi before.

”I nearly slept all night, I nearly slept all night” (sung to the tune of I could have danced all night from King and I) is my happy report today.  Only woke up twice and not with a scream. The new pill protocol seems to be working.  Elbow still hurts of course, but it’s bearable.  Hoping it continues 🤞 

LOL - got an email from the hospital they sent it last week and to please check.  Promptly answered nope - never got it.  Hmm - if they sent it last week they could have re-sent it in a nano second - waiting.

My sweet neighbour is taking me for groceries today/whatever I need.  It’s exciting to get out of the house for something besides going to the hospital 😂  She’s a pro at timing in between storms.

20AC814D-390C-4E82-BD12-69361A3095F2.thumb.jpeg.7c20b72e956031ff2241a2637a2c46f3.jpeg

another neighbour treated me to a chicken dinner (she even cut up the chicken) - delish - but, I like cranberries with my chicken.  @Cruising-along(hope I am remembering the right person) and all those who told me about the can opener - THANK YOU.  I had it go around twice and was easily able to take off the top with one hand and had cranberries.  This is definitely a keeper 🙂 I am most grateful for the suggestion - I didn’t know they existed.  

What??  Please don’t forget yourself - it’s easy to do with all you have going on.  A very happy belated birthday, Melissa

FED4E9AA-4419-44F5-B1E5-73E552E88D86.jpeg.3b8fc3f9d769f2fc971a2e678831af77.jpeg

So sorry for all you are enduring - please take care of yourself.  I know it’s easier said than done 😞 

I think your questions  were answered overall, but just to reassure - no, you don’t have to share.  theoretically, you could order 3 different dishes and share but whenever we go to Canaletto, each orders their own entree.

Canaletto was never my favourite either, but I have to say that I found it very good on Prinsendam (pre-covid) and recently on both the Oosterdam and the Koningsdam.  

I can order a credit report (no charge) right my online banking (which is very secure and guaranteed).  Now, I’m Canadian with a different banking system but it would be worthwhile to check if you can.

58F9B7E1-A36E-4904-9E43-F1B117B8DD79.thumb.jpeg.ccff61cfcd84738db1c64eb83520e64a.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them with special ones for Roy @rafinmdand cheers 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

8C1BABB0-74B0-4E2B-B979-5EFA24705637.thumb.jpeg.dd1a5633c57e7de082341368e87652c4.jpeg

Have a great Monday, everyone !!!!!!

Jacqui, so great to hear you were able to bear the pain last night and get some sleep.  Did you try Bruce @aliaschief's suggestion to cut the pill in half and take it more often instead of one big dose?  Makes sense, but you might have to get up at night to re-dose I guess.  Anyway I'm happy you are feeling a little better.  

We have a landline with answering machine as well as cell phone and voicemail.  Trying to keep everybody employed I suppose.😁  Be safe while doing your shopping today.  So nice of your neighbor to chauffeur you around.  And thank you for the reminder!  Happy 70th birthday Melisa @HAL Sailer.  Kept forgetting yesterday.  

55 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning. 

We still use an answering machine.  We have a house land line because we need a fax machine. 

Headed to the dentist this afternoon to get a crown re-glued.  We leave a year from today on our next cruise, is it too early to start packing.  LOL

Kiwi Zest Martini cocktail:

Ingredients

2 parts Pinnacle® Kiwi Strawberry Vodka
1 part Sour Mix
1/2 part Lemon Juice
Sugar
Lemon Wedges

Instructions

Shake with ice and strain into a sugar rimmed martini glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 6.58.37 AM.png

Thanks for the drink recipe today Dixie.  I'm glad to see you posting today (other than the drink that is).  Sorry to hear about the crown coming loose.  And we still have a landline too with an answering machine on it.  Since we signed up with Nomorobo several years back we don't have nearly as many spam calls to record thankfully!

48 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

I see Jacqui posted information about her can opener.  You should look into it.  If I had trouble with my hands or arms I certainly would.  DH is fine with our old standby.

Sorry you are having trouble sleeping.  I don't sleep all that much, waking up over and over at night but I manage to get by somehow.  But if I need a nap I take one.  No shame in that!

34 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

I'm sorry to hear about the pain and sleeping issues Roy.  Don't pay attention to the night nurse's opinion.  It will be what the doctors and you combined decide, not the speculations of one night nurse.  Keep us updated!  We hope today is much better for you.

19 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi, Thank you for getting us started and doing more than just posting what Rich prepared. I admire you & Roy for adding maps. And I really admire you for even attempting the Care/Celebration lists. Thank you!

@rafinmd, Roy, I just read your post. I hope the night nurse was just trying to manage your expectations. He doesn’t know you and all the amazing things you do. I will pray that he is totally wrong. 

@Seasick Sailor Joy, praying all goes smoothly today with your surgery. 

One class at the gym, Bindi walks, my last pool deck work estimate and then dinner & trivia with friends. 

6A9B99CA-3847-4F25-8CBE-1A524AE88FFF.jpeg.31cb0cd0e31f7b5093f194bff6518b57.jpeg

63A8B236-3094-4EC2-9E4D-BF096283E1CA.jpeg.5752628001edf04f7137c0730e03d5f3.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support: especially Roy, Jacqui, Kathi, Sarah and Tana. 
Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Get well and stay well everyone!

Chateau Ste. Michelle Artist Series Cabernet, Columbia Valley, Washington State

A bit elusive and pricey. But this cab sounds more like a red blend to me and I would love to taste it. I used the 2017 vintage info. Available from a few online distributors with prices starting at $70.00.

91 Wine Enthusiast 

Cabernet Sauvignon accounts for 56% of this wine, with the rest Merlot (39%) and smidgen of Malbec and Cabernet Franc. The aromas are brooding, with notes of barrel spice, dark chocolate, dried and black cherry. Creamy fruit and barrel flavors follow, showing an appealing texture. Coffee and raspberry notes linger on the finish. It's a complete charmer.

Thanks Ann!  A week from Friday we're leaving for a short cruise (FCC money) so someone may have to take over at that point.  Praying it's our friend Roy, feeling 100% by then.  Thinking optimistically!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I have only ever roasted a turkey breast in the oven; I'm not even sure that one would fit in my Instant Pot (or slow cooker). I would probably like the wine. Would not try the drink--I have a low opinion of drinks that call themselves something-martini but have no relationship to a real martini except perhaps being served in the same shape glass. Kushiro wasn't on my Japan itinerary but that cruise did not take place anyway.

Today I am finishing laundry, buying the last things that I need for the trip (leaving tomorrow, embarking Wednesday), and packing the main bag. It will be a 22-inch rolling bag instead of the 28-inch rolling duffel, with a smallish additional bag that can ride on it or that I can carry with a shoulder strap. I'm not taking any camera other than phone and iPad mini.

40 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I hope the night nurse was just trying to manage your expectations.

Earlier in the day for the surgery on my arm, I had a disturbing visit from an occupational therapist. The surgeon had told me that my arm would be functional, although too painful to do much, on the morning after the surgery, but the OT was preparing me for permanent disability. She did give me some helpful tips about bathing and dressing with limited use of one hand, but the rest was off the beam.

524989184_nakedrunning.jpg.88f3384d045f2b4d05099d4e822d97fc.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy 

Good grief Roy. I hope the next nurse you have is way more optimistic. This one needs to be retrained on bedside manners and the power of positive thinking!

• Like 26

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info. Roy, sorry to hear about your medical issues and hope you get better soon!

Hello, RedneckBob no longer resides on this thread. If you would like to leave a message wait for the beep and follow the prompts. Beep. Sorry but the  message in box is full. Please call back later. 😳.

This is Day 5-1/2 of 7 of cruising along the Las Vegas strip. Previously we have traveled to Rome, Paris and Venice. Last nite we went to Monte Carlo. To prepare for this trip I had heard that formal wear was required in the casino. So I put on my formal best which is shown below. When I entered the Monte Carlo Casino there was a security guard that stopped us and asked for my name before I could enter. I stated, “My name is Bob, Redneck Bob”! Where can I get a beer, shaken, not stirred. 😀

296231CD-3C89-4FAA-88E0-748362FA4EA8.thumb.png.630024a0fa0cd9c2ec88f14e8db49a83.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 16

13 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I have only ever roasted a turkey breast in the oven; I'm not even sure that one would fit in my Instant Pot (or slow cooker). I would probably like the wine. Would not try the drink--I have a low opinion of drinks that call themselves something-martini but have no relationship to a real martini except perhaps being served in the same shape glass. Kushiro wasn't on my Japan itinerary but that cruise did not take place anyway.

Today I am finishing laundry, buying the last things that I need for the trip (leaving tomorrow, embarking Wednesday), and packing the main bag. It will be a 22-inch rolling bag instead of the 28-inch rolling duffel, with a smallish additional bag that can ride on it or that I can carry with a shoulder strap. I'm not taking any camera other than phone and iPad mini.

Earlier in the day for the surgery on my arm, I had a disturbing visit from an occupational therapist. The surgeon had told me that my arm would be functional, although too painful to do much, on the morning after the surgery, but the OT was preparing me for permanent disability. She did give me some helpful tips about bathing and dressing with limited use of one hand, but the rest was off the beam.

524989184_nakedrunning.jpg.88f3384d045f2b4d05099d4e822d97fc.jpg

My apologies for not listing your cruise.  I missed it somehow.  What ship and dates please?

• Like 9