Celebrations and Shout outs:

Aliaschief welcome home

Ktbraun welcome home

0106 welcome home

Graham with good Dermatology appointment report

Smitty34877 with good report from Orthopedic doctor

Tupper10’s son released from the hospital

Luvteaching’s DH in the rehab facility

3 days for Seasick Sailor (Koningsdam 2/18 to 3/25)

3 days for 57redbird (Koningsdam 2/18 to 3/25)
StLouisCruisers (Sky Princess to 2/18), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Sirena to 2/19), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), Lindaler and Ottahand7 (Volendam to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

Thank you Vanessa for today's lists and your nice comments.

The surgeon checked another spot but thought it was a keratosis.

It is nice to see so many celebrations and shoutouts but sad to read the care list and rotation.

Graham.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning.  Happy February 15th.  Hope all had a nice day yesterday.  No chocolate for me — but did get flowers.

Have to talk about my DH.  He went shopping with his caretaker last night.  He brought me home flowers - which he does every week.  Yesterday he got me roses — but there were 2 bouquets in the grocery bags.   Before I could question his caretaker told me that when they got in the car DH told her that one bouquet was for her (she is divorced).  He told her everyone should have flowers on Valentines Day.  She was very touched.  My DH is a very kind and thoughtful man.  Just had to brag a little bit.

Prayers for all in need today.  Roy — wishing only the best test results.  Thanks to all who contribute to keeping this thread going.  One of my first starts to my day.  Katherine 

That was very nice of your husband Katherine and nice he brings you flowers every week.

Graham.

• Like 12

Good sunny morning.It’s going to be a beautiful day.High of 65.

I have an appointment with the doctor in Hershey this afternoon to discuss Botox, when I told the receptionist this was declined by my insurance company last summer and asked if they don’t read the report from my local doctor, she said no not unless they request it. 
I may need bail money before the day is over 😱

I’m just really tired of poor communication from within the same company.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Not a fan of gum drops. I'm a part of singles awareness, and I'll salute Susan B Anthony. In college I was in an all female dorm for two years; it was disheartening when truckloads of flowers were delivered on Valentine's Day, and none for me. Funny quote. The meal sounds good. I'll pass on the drink and wine (only due to cost).

I haven't been to Semarang.

It's 61F, cloudy and very windy. I had a nice day yesterday; I was able to eat my dinner and still be low carb (salad, steak and broccoli). The scale hasn't moved in a couple of weeks, but I can tell a difference in how clothes fit. Only scheduled things today are giving myself my injection and getting my hair cut. It's terrible about the train derailment and poisonous chemicals released in East Palestine; I'm only about 52 miles from there.

@cat shepard Thank you for starting us up today.

@Seasick Sailor Safe travels and enjoy seeing family!

@kazu It sounds like you're making progress, despite some pain; keep up the good work! So nice of your friend and neighbor to bless you with flowers.

@Lady Hudson How sweet of DH to do that for his caretaker. 

@rafinmd I hope your test is easy today. Also hoping you can start to get more sleep.

@tupper10 I hope you don't have too much pain today as you do your errands.

@ottahand7 Gorgeous photo. Nice dinner!

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for Tana and your family.

@dfish Thank you for the recipes. I once ate at Paul Prudhomme's restaurant in NOLA and had the gumbo, yum, many years ago (1980's I think). I hope your appointment went well. 

@kochleffel Thanks for the information. 

@Cruzin Terri Sounds like maybe Noro virus on board? Happened on one cruise I was getting on; embarkation was delayed while they did extra cleaning. Nothing on the tables (salt, etc) initially, then after a few days, back to normal.

@grapau27 Lovely photo of Pauline. You two are blessed to have each other. 

@1ANGELCAT I hope you can get the Botox; it's a mess what we have to go through. I just had a med triple in price; I'm going to try to use GoodRx when I go to pick it up.

Prayers for the Care List and a toast to the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

Happy Hump Day everyone!  Our stay in Roatan, Honduras was set for 9 am so we slowly made our way down the coast of Belize to Honduras overnight.  I see by searching cruisemapper.com that Roatan is an island off the coast of the Honduras mainland.  A second ship is here as well, Allure of the Seas.  The sun is shining brightly and our balcony is on the sunny side right now so rather hot to sit or stand out there.  Hopefully it will be a shady, cooler spot later on.  We will probably walk ashore later. 

Yesterday we learned that Belize is making an island out in the deeper waters where the big ships anchor, and it's about 3 miles away from Belize City necessitating a long tender ride over.  They have dredging equipment adding to the size of the small island, where they will put a dock for the larger ships.  Then guests can step ashore and get on the large local tenders to Belize City if they want to.  We also saw they are building structures where they can no doubt sell us souvenirs and even places to eat and drink I would guess.  Interesting concept!

Thanks to Ann @cat shepard for posting for Rich and keeping us all one big happy family.  Also to the F&B ladies, and everyone who posts here each day.  A salute to the days, the quote, the drink and wine.  We have not been to the port of Semarang before so thanks in advance for any photos posted.  Thanks also to Ann @Vict0riannfor the photos yesterday of Georgetown, Pulau Penang Island. 

Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list and to Vanessa @JazzyVfor compiling it.  That reminds me there is a large picture hanging on our cabin wall of a photo a Princess guest took of King penguins.  A close-up!  Strangest piece of art I've seen in a ship's cabin.  It's nice but after a day or two of seeing three foot high penguins looking at you it's a bit much!  @Lady Hudsonyour DH is a gem!  Thank you Graham @grapau27for the lovely photo of Pauline @Paw13 , your Valentine.  You two are lucky to have found each other. 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, and hope Jacqui, Tana, Roy, Kathi and the rest of us improve day by day.  Safe travels to Joy and Allen @Seasick Sailorhave a good visit in San Diego pre-cruise.  Terri @Cruzin Terrifingers crossed your ship isn't "sick".  Take care! 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGpcdUfX3lwRMMassQbg6tV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1676475578

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  The computer said when I turned it on that it was 57 and sunny.  In reality it was raining outside.  Some one must have walked by and slapped Mr computer upside the head, because it now says Rain off and on.  

I slept until 8:30 this morning.  To tell you the truth, going back to just one job, took half of my stress away.  I would be late for the 3 am wake up party, oddly enough my wake up time is 4:23.  Which is my birthdate.  Weird.

Termite control coming this morning to check the traps.  Fawn and Mr. Bubbles slept snuggled up in the car port, even though their porch door was open.  Guess I need to turn the heat off out there.  Going up to 70 over the next two days, and then once again the bottom falls out and we go below freezing. 

Very nice concert last night, excellent guest artist.  I mentioned in my late post last night, that our subscription seats are next to the family of the musicians seats.  The woman next to me asked me which one was mine...I said, none, I'm a subscriber.  She said, then they are all yours.  I then asked her, which one was hers, and she said two of them, her son in law and her daughter.  Proud mom.

I was checking on the cyclone news in New Zealand and saw that they also had an earthquake this morning. Perhaps mother nature, is ill because of the stupidity of mankind.  

Prayers to all that are suffering, cheers to all that are cruising, traveling or partying at home.

dd0b3112-2756-44bd-b3a8-8dc08b434136.jpg

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

Good morning. This morning I lay in bed looking out the window. Peeking through the ice handing over the edge of the roof, I could see snow covered tree branches dancing in the wind. I thought about staying in bed but the dogs convinced me otherwise. On the plus side, when I went out I found my neighbor had cleared off the car and shoved a path for me and a clear spot for the dogs (who were very happy). It has stopped snowing now and we probably got about 7 inches. Less than was predicted. Schools are closed today and there is ice under the snow so movement outside will be limited.

Otherwise, no news from here. My best wishes to all on needing them including Jacqui, Kathi, Roy, Tana and all the others including those dealing with disasters and war. Guess I can deal with the snow.

Susan

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisersLooks like you are docked at Mahogany Bay.  When we were there in 2012, we walked over to the beach, DH was snorkeling, and I was walking along side the dock on the far side, looking into the water.  Yes his vision was better then, but he did not see what he was swimming towards, a rather meal sized lion fish.  He wasn't hearing me when I was yelling, and finally he saw it and backed away.  Pulled his head out of the water and said, "that fish does not belong here"  and we all know now it doesn't.  But it was here in the Atlantic side of the world.

Roatan is one of my favorite ports, either at Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay.  DH says he is done with the western Caribbean, wants eastern or southern, places we have not gone to.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damcruiser said:

Good morning to HAL cruisers.  The HAL website is wonky now.  Much of my personal info is missing and I have no cruise history.  Someone in the IT department is not having a good day.

Yesterday I tried to make a payment on my July cruise.  It showed that I was in the correct place but when I hit the pay button it took me to my May cruise which is paid.  After four tries it took.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Waiting for my plane to take off.  We enjoyed the Rotterdam and we’re happy we had Club Orange.  The art on the ship was impressive.

F2945FBF-AC6A-4C5C-A522-22BB3B454830.thumb.jpeg.8433d2959b731e1b300e8556188acbd9.jpeg

A parting shot of Half Moon Cay.2B608701-3620-498F-8CB7-B0F6056B8284.thumb.jpeg.51b004b84942e4d049cd81778e524a36.jpeg

Positive thoughts to those on the care list.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  It’s a cold one today in San Diego.  Brrrrr by our standards.  Gumbo would taste great on a day like this. Nice drinks, too.   I’m pleased to honor Susan B. Anthony and Singles.  Gum Drops can be good and Chevy Chase is always funny.  Never been to Indonesia.

The week leading up to Valentine’s Day is kind of tough around here.  Both parents had birthdays and passed away during that period, and Grandma’s birthday was on Valentine’s Day.   So last night we made a special meal with those folks’ favorites— including caviar to honor my mother.  She had it every holiday. Now ready to continue on with February.

I’m glad to see that some of our patients here are improving.  Sad that some are struggling.  

Lots of sweet spouses and BFFs have revealed themselves here. ❤️

@Seasick Sailor, have a great journey.  I think you will be right over the hill from me and would love to grab a cup of coffee, but haven’t suggested it because I’m still very stuffed up in my head, so not a good idea.  But you and this guy might have the same doctor.

3B20AF67-3CB1-489E-B4D4-43C1194BF558.jpeg.4cdb8383aee6d5000e6deeb8555eb285.jpeg

I hope everyone has a great Hump Day!

• Like 21
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Have to talk about my DH.  He went shopping with his caretaker last night.  He brought me home flowers - which he does every week.  Yesterday he got me roses — but there were 2 bouquets in the grocery bags.   Before I could question his caretaker told me that when they got in the car DH told her that one bouquet was for her (she is divorced).  He told her everyone should have flowers on Valentines Day.  She was very touched.  My DH is a very kind and thoughtful man.  Just had to brag a little bit.

You brag all you want 🙂 that was so sweet of him to get his caretaker flowers and so wonderful you get flowers every week.  He’s definitely a keeper!  🙂 

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Not much excitement here, except that our city is f-i-n-a-l-l-y going to be allowing compostable bags for kitchen waste to go into the green recycling bins.  That means I'm heading out to the dollar store to stock up on bags, because the city is mandating green bins (and a little pail for the kitchen) for every household to reduce the load on the landfill beginning in March. 

That card is wonderful, Gerry 👍 

Yay on the compost bags.  No need to break them down, they deteriorate in no time.  We’ve been using them here for a very long time.  Tip #1 - do not keep them in the garage - the heat and cold makes them break down faster.  Tip #2 - dollar store ones are not great - you can get them just as cheap from Costco - big box - lasts and they last as long as they stored properly.  If there’s no Costco nearby, you can order them online.

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@kazu,Jacqui,  I hope the pain is less today.It sounds as if you have a really good therapist. Thanks as always fir the memes and laughs. 

Thanks.  Jose thought she was the best PT around and I’ve used her before.  When I told my surgeon that that’s where I was going,  he had a big smile on his face 😉 

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Not sure what is going on but all of a sudden there are announcements to use the hand sanitizers and in the dining rooms the menus are just a piece of paper instead of being in the folders.  When asking why, the waiters just say they don’t know.  Huh!  Interesting.

Uh oh, Terri.  I’ve only done one O cruise and one of the things that ticked me off was the lack of info regarding our covid outbreak.  I could see the signs and the only way I found out was by checking the CDC website.  The ship finally announced it the day before we were supposed to overnight in Bermuda - we were refused because of the huge numbers of passengers with covid.

Mask up and be careful on board please?

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I may need bail money before the day is over 😱

Can’t blame you for feeling that way at all.  Grrr.  Remember jail won’t solve the problem though 😉 Good luck with this stupidity.

37 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

when I went out I found my neighbor had cleared off the car and shoved a path for me and a clear spot for the dogs (who were very happy).

Ahh, how sweet is that?  What a lovely surprise ♥️ 

9 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Waiting for my plane to take off.  We enjoyed the Rotterdam and we’re happy we had Club Orange.  The art on the ship was impressive.

Safe travels home, Tina.  Glad to hear you enjoyed CO - I did too on the Koningsdam and booked it for next October.

• Like 23

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

Uh oh, Terri.  I’ve only done one O cruise and one of the things that ticked me off was the lack of info regarding our covid outbreak.  I could see the signs and the only way I found out was by checking the CDC website.  The ship finally announced it the day before we were supposed to overnight in Bermuda - we were refused because of the huge numbers of passengers with covid.

I remember your experience Jacqui, but I think you were refused because of the Norovirus and not COVID.  It was before Covid if I remember correctly.

Nothing more has been said and no other precautions have been instituted yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Terri

• Like 15

Good morning, 

Thanks for all for getting today's thread going and checking in. It's a lovely sunny morning here in our corner of the PNW but clouds are coming and rain for the weekend. 

DH is making progress. Yesterday he did well standing at the parallel bars and transferring to the wheelchair. Today is wound care for the heel and then speech for sure. 

We had a scary afternoon that had nothing to do with DH. His roommate wasn't doing well and the daughter had come in. We left to do PT and then wandered the building, sat in the foyer to enjoy the sun, and then went to the dessert buffet then headed back. When we got back his daughter was taking his belongings to the car and the EMTs came in minutes later to transport him to the hospital which is .5 miles away. They go to move him and he coded! We're behind the curtain separating the two bed (and by the window) with nowhere to go. The daughter came over and I gave her a big hug as they worked on him then she went back to give info, etc. They worked on him doing CPR, suctioning blood (he'd had an upper GI bleed) and no pulse at each check. DH and I are sitting silently hearing all this and just hoping and praying for the bed. 30+ minutes later they call the time of death and 30 seconds later, if that, he starts breathing on his own! They bundled him up, got him out of there, and I haven't heard anything since. 

The staff was so good. The nursing person, Mykel, knew we were stuck and came to check on us as did several others. DH understood some of what was going on. I was shaky but ok. The EMTs were amazing!  The roommate was there due to hip replacement surgery and only arrived on Friday. Life takes such sudden turns, doesn't it? 

Karen

• Like 11
  • Thanks 12

46 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisersLooks like you are docked at Mahogany Bay.  When we were there in 2012, we walked over to the beach, DH was snorkeling, and I was walking along side the dock on the far side, looking into the water.  Yes his vision was better then, but he did not see what he was swimming towards, a rather meal sized lion fish.  He wasn't hearing me when I was yelling, and finally he saw it and backed away.  Pulled his head out of the water and said, "that fish does not belong here"  and we all know now it doesn't.  But it was here in the Atlantic side of the world.

Roatan is one of my favorite ports, either at Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay.  DH says he is done with the western Caribbean, wants eastern or southern, places we have not gone to.

Annie, the little beach is shown partially in the first photo. It only has ropes with floaty things on them to show you the limits. There is a lifeguard under the red umbrella. So a mean fish could easily invade your swimming area. The large beach in the second photo has a sort of breakwater to keep the mean fish out and seems safer. It’s very busy now and has a couple of lifeguards under red umbrellas. 

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I remember your experience Jacqui, but I think you were refused because of the Norovirus and not COVID.  It was before Covid if I remember correctly.

Nothing more has been said and no other precautions have been instituted yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Terri

OH yes Terri. It was Noro.  Oops - sorry about that - I guess I’m so used to Covid now it got typed in automatically.  😔  Just warning that we didn’t get advised so it’s possible you may not be either.  Whether it could be covid or Noro, if there are signs, I would take precautions and I’m sure you probably already have.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kazu said:

OH yes Terri. It was Noro.  Just warning that we didn’t get advised so it’s possible you may not be either.  Whether it could be covid or Noro, if there are signs, I would take precautions and I’m sure you probably already have.

Yes, we have.  I will try to stay as safe as we can.  

Thanks for the heads up.

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Karen, that is so traumatic to experience close-up!  It’s a lot to absorb. Happy to hear of your DH’s progress!  I’m sure he is very grateful to you through it all!  Hang in, one day at a time!  

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope!  So many… 

Glimmer of hope on son’s passport:  yesterday he got a tracking number!  DH and I leave a week from today, driving to Ft Lauderdale. Ship leaves that Saturday, hopefully with our family of 8 aboard - the others are all flying in. 

Valentine’s Day story:  DH and I often exchange multiple cards, a couple of funny ones and a serious, reflective one. Yesterday we found that we each got each other the same serious card!  Very grateful for every day together!  

I’m proud to still have a Susan B Anthony dollar coin. They never took off in the US and didn’t become common. 

I briefly attended MSU. My heart goes out to all suffering there. As well as elsewhere… so many!  

Thank you all for this uplifting thread!  Time to get some things done before my weekly mentoring call with teens from my NM Fire department. They had 17” of snow, and a 20-car pileup of people trying to get to work before being plowed. Fire department friends said No injuries!  But what a mess. A tough environment that I’m glad we don’t have to struggle through anymore. Maryland climate is kind!  60s today. Chamber music concert tonight. Life is good!  

Be safe… know where you’re putting your feet (I say that for me too!). M—

• Like 23

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday. Monday I went to the big screen to see Titanic for 3 1/2 hours. I knew it was remastered but didn’t know that it was in 3D until they gave me the glasses to wear. It was so good and after a while I got used to the 3D. I think only 3 people were there. 

I had a weird dream that my DD was going on a cruise but her friend didn’t give her any documents to board so I helped her print them out. Somehow I ended up on the cruise and met up with Graham and Pauline @grapau27, we had a great time!

I woke up at 4 am and decided to check the weather. It said that it was snowing so I had to check. Yes it was but of course couldn’t see much in the dark. When I got up at 8:45 snow was on the rooftops and cars. It won’t last though. It’s the second snow this winter.  It’s not much for those with heavy snow but it’s a big deal for us. 

10999394-9FC9-40D3-BF5B-957995FD7B95.thumb.jpeg.e2bf5c40f388a22364edfb961a3f9504.jpeg

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, I didn’t know about the I10 accident and looked it up. It was nitric acid. It’s been cleared and residents could start using heat at 9:00 last night.  We aren’t in that area thank goodness.  BTW, your Valentine cake looked lovely and congratulations on your new pans. I bought new cake pans during lockdown but still haven’t used them yet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2