The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 11th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Barbershop Quartet Day, Eight Track Tape Day, and National Pet Day

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meal Suggestion for today - Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
Drink of the Day - Cruzan Confusion
Wine of the Day - Elvio Cogno Barolo Ravera Vigna Elena Riserva 2016
Destination of the Day - Savusavu, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 4-12

Koningsdam

Dry Dock Vigor Ship Yard until 4/12

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores Portugal eta 4-15

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Praia da Vitoria, Terceira Island, Azores Portugal eta 4-17

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Plymouth, England eta 4-16

Volendam

San Juan, Puerto Rico 08:00 - 23:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 4-13

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination La Coruna, Spain Galicia eta 4-12

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Lifou, New Caledonia 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Kobe/Osaka, Japan 09:00-21:00

image.thumb.png.b46799ca80fb52a174e003685d462604.png

image.thumb.png.43f2db660502a587fc9be3fb660bfcba.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info SLC.

Let’s see; You might be a Redneck if you install an eight track tape player into your new Ford pickup. (In honor of eight track tape day). Long gone with rotary dial and the phone booth.

• Like 20
  • Haha 4

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for bringing us today's daily reports.

It is sunny and 48°F currently at 10.15am in North East England.

Funnily enough I have just been to my traditional Barbershop although he doesn't Sing.

Today's quote is very true.

None of us know when our time is up so every day is a bonus.

Today's food sounds interesting.

My good thoughts and wishes are sent to all of those on the care list for good health and everyone cruising to have a fantastic time.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230411_100938.jpg

Screenshot_20230411_101000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning friends!  Another cold morning at 42 but the day will be full of sunshine and 71 so it sounds perfect.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily this morning.  A good way to get us started each day!

The special events today are Barbershop Quartet Day, Eight Track Tape Day, and National Pet Day.  I remember a few of these from last year.  I don't mind a barbershop quartet and if I recall the Osmond Brothers used to sing barbershop at one time.  Then Donny branched off and then along came Marie.  Boy, eight track tapes sure age a person!  Then we have pets and I'm sure everyone here has a soft spot for a particular pet or two (or three!).  I like the Emerson quote today and wish the chicken wasn't stuffed with anything.  But Debbie @dfish will be along to change our mind about the spinach and feta.  Thank you Debbie.  Always an interesting drink and wine and today is no exception.  Thanks in advance to Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their descriptions.  

This morning we will want to say prayers for our Care list and all on it especially yesterday's victims of the bank shooter in Louisville, Kentucky.  I used to drive through Louisville on the highway near the incident on my trips from St. Louis to Cincinnati to see my grandkids years ago.  🙏  Prayers also for anyone else in need wherever you are.  Congratulations to our family and friends who are celebrating events and/or cruising!  🥂  Enjoy life to the fullest.🎉🎂  Special thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for her immense help in presenting the Care and Celebration list!  You're a gem!💎

The port of the day is Savusavu, Fiji on Vanua Levu Island.  I have never been to Fiji but it would be great to go.  Our last two times seeing that port were October 8, 2021 and May 22, 2022.  Below are the links to those dates.  I hope you have some photos to share!

Hoping each and every one of you enjoy a Momentous Monday!  Stay safe and smooth sailing to the cruisers.🚢

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Another cold morning at 42 but the day will be full of sunshine and 71 so it sounds perfect.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily this morning.  A good way to get us started each day!

The special events today are Barbershop Quartet Day, Eight Track Tape Day, and National Pet Day.  I remember a few of these from last year.  I don't mind a barbershop quartet and if I recall the Osmond Brothers used to sing barbershop at one time.  Then Donny branched off and then along came Marie.  Boy, eight track tapes sure age a person!  Then we have pets and I'm sure everyone here has a soft spot for a particular pet or two (or three!).  I like the Emerson quote today and wish the chicken wasn't stuffed with anything.  But Debbie @dfish will be along to change our mind about the spinach and feta.  Thank you Debbie.  Always an interesting drink and wine and today is no exception.  Thanks in advance to Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their descriptions.  

This morning we will want to say prayers for our Care list and all on it especially yesterday's victims of the bank shooter in Louisville, Kentucky.  I used to drive through Louisville on the highway near the incident on my trips from St. Louis to Cincinnati to see my grandkids years ago.  🙏  Prayers also for anyone else in need wherever you are.  Congratulations to our family and friends who are celebrating events and/or cruising!  🥂  Enjoy life to the fullest.🎉🎂  Special thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for her immense help in presenting the Care and Celebration list!  You're a gem!💎

The port of the day is Savusavu, Fiji on Vanua Levu Island.  I have never been to Fiji but it would be great to go.  Our last two times seeing that port were October 8, 2021 and May 22, 2022.  Below are the links to those dates.  I hope you have some photos to share!

Hoping each and every one of you enjoy a Momentous Monday!  Stay safe and smooth sailing to the cruisers.🚢

Here is our cruise to Fiji.

Sydney Trip 432.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Today’s Care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Tupper10 recovering from back surgery

Cruising-along and DH recovering from Covid

Cruzn single’s DSS’s kidney surgery 4/11

Luvteaching’s DH in the hospital

Nashville school shooting victims/KY bank shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Marshhawk’s leg/feet cramps

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

NextOne needing valve surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Celebrations of Passover and Ramadan

Cute Miss Elliot Rose turning 6 months old

Cruising-along and DH feeling better

Luvteaching’s DH showing slow improvement

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

4 Days for Sharon in AZ (Volendam 4/15 to 5/17)

4 Days for AV8rix (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

4 Days for TiogaCruiser (Volendam 4/15 to 5/2)

4 Days for Dismomx5 (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

5 Days for GTVCRUISER (NCL Jewel 4/16 to 4/23)

Cruzn Single (Rotterdam to 4/19), Vict0riann (Rotterdam to 4/19), aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Another wonderful spring day in the forecast for today.  We should have a sunny high of 17°C (63°F) this afternoon.  I worked in the garden yesterday so I'm a little bit achy this morning, but I have a lot to do, so I'll be back out again today.

I like the days.  Although I'm not a big fan of Barbershop Quartet music, a friend was a singer in one once upon a time.  I remember 8 tracks, but I don't think we have any around anymore.  Bertie Woofster believes everyday is pet day.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good to me, looking forward to seeing a recipe.

I'm not sure about the drink or wine, hope they are tasty.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 24

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for today’s report.  I haven’t heard a barbershop quartet in a long time.  Remember 8 tracks in cars?  Pets bring joy and companionship to so many, here’s to them.  I like today’s quote but if they all really were the best day, wouldn’t they all be average?  The meal suggestion sounds tasty.  Haven’t been to today’s port, bet I’d like it.  Prayers for everyone on our list today.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events.

• Like 21

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Sandi.

Interesting collection of days.  I loved barbershop quartets.  Haven’t seen one in a few years, sadly.  Every day is National Pet Day IMO 😉 

I like today’s quote - I have a hard time doing it but I’m working on it.

244DBC27-D5BE-4863-A060-EC9ECB092549.jpeg.5cb1acebec650f8e3ef1420d71d0d686.jpeg

The meal sounds good - looking forward to @dfish description.  And that wine sounds pretty fancy - I’ll have to see @cat shepard’s report.

4C9257E1-64D1-4750-AB4B-35A01A23BEBE.thumb.jpeg.876d9d9c409f40b402c095685e3cfc3f.jpeg

It’s warming up for now - rain expected (it’s hair appointment day - it always rains on that date LOL) but April showers bring May flowers. 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

643CECB3-F937-46DB-8CDA-E76AD4474EC7.jpeg.b38ceb13dae6d407e962af26279970e1.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!

• Like 27
  • Haha 8

Cruzan Confusion cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Coconut Rum
1 part Cruzan® Mango Rum
1 splash Pineapple Juice
Garnish: Pineapple, Mango

Instructions
Combine over ice and serve. Option to skewer a pineapple wedge, a mango cube and a pineapple leaf for garnish.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 7.28.07 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 9

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa (and Eva), Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  No pets but I enjoy Barbershop Quartets and had an 8-track player for many years.  The signing of the Civil Rights Bill was a great moment in our history.  I have been to Fiji several times but not today's port.  I like the quote but will pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Strawberry Bisque, Grilled Molasses Lamb Chops, and Banana Ice Cream as served on MS Zaandam April 11, 2017:

dishes11.jpg

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Sunrise has occurred but clouds on the horizon pretty much ruined a photo op.

As the Fleet Report states we are at sea with a slight swell. We set our clocks back last night so the extra hour was nice and put us back on our regular Central Time.

Tomorrow will be our first port of call. Cartagena, Columbia.

Last night we dined in MDR and the meal and service was fine. Tonight is Tamarind. On our first Dressy night there were a handful of tuxes, quite a few in sports jackets sans tie and many just with a collared shirt. Ladies glittery tops and quite a few who must have eaten in Lido or changed after dinner.

Couple of tips. If you like using bar soap bring your own as it has been discontinued and only liquid soap and shampoo/conditioner. For those who question whether mask are being worn the answer is very few.

Late upper dining starts at 7:30 PM and there are many empty tables. We were in an out in less then an hour.

@kazuI’ll try and take a photo of the David Burke menu and the Canelleto and Pinnacle Grill Chef’s menu. This being a twenty day cruise more offerings but not sure Fleet wide. Speaking of menu’s the regular Canelleto menu appears to be the same and not what we have seen on other ships.

Well it’s coffee time so thanks for the report and postings. Oh yeah we have been to today’s port in Figi but pics are home.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.388f2f9525fad5951fe25b26ab9f41ff.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.95bc4bb15146699818104b96dd8762ab.jpegimage.jpeg.e8e31a10e8a6d3592921fe7d9f868e0d.jpegimage.jpeg.1920830b945061ac91464732ad235a2d.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 19

Thank you for getting us started Sandi! Rich thank you for leaving the great foundation for the R & D.  What a difference from yesterday. The sun is out and it looks to be a beautiful day.  Bindi is very happy. 

Vanessa, thank you for taking care of lists! I need to get out and pick up all the branches blown down by the wind, and prep the spot where my crape Myrtle tree will be planted on Thursday. I also want to plant some seeds to see if I can grow some small, but colorful filler plants. One gym class and Bindi walks should fill my day. 

3FCEDF3E-3A13-4365-ACED-5C6D50FD5218.jpeg.df9f9c9f9fc2f8a950076d827a04d54a.jpeg

1F7F033A-1B88-4C67-AB9A-BE5E92605200.jpeg.a0e543d3ab649ba9a01c01fa52b88f33.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Elvio Cogno Barolo Ravera Vigna Elena Riserva 2016

All released vintages of this Barolo share the same superb consumer and critic reviews. You might need to hold all of them for a few years, but they sound amazing. Just pricey. I found several online distributors with prices starting at $189.98.

100 pts Wine Enthusiast 

This breathtaking beauty offers enticing scents of rose petal, ripe woodland berry, pipe tobacco and camphor. It's full-bodied but elegantly structured, delivering delicious flavors of ripe red cherry, blood orange, licorice and baking spice. Taut, refined tannins provide the framework while bright acidity gives it wonderful balance, energy and tension. Drink 2026–2046.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 6

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be another beautiful day in mid-Michigan.  Sunny skies and a high of 74F.  I'll take it!   I'm up early today because the bug guy is coming.  Sue saw a spider in the house and lost it, so we will have pest control on a regular basis.  I want it more as a preventive measure against ants and other critters.  They can have the yard, I want the house.  

I once had an 8 track tape player.  We thought it was wonderful to have them in the car.  But the tapes took up so much room you needed a trailer to haul them along.  Now, I have the music I like on a flash drive and just plug it in.  Amazing when you think of it.  

Today's meal is a tasty one and there could be so many variations.  If you don't want the spinach, use mushrooms!  You can also substitute the cheese if you like.  The idea of this meal is a stuffed chicken breast.  Stuff it with the things you like!  

Most of the recipes were similar with slight variations on seasonings and preparation.  This first one looks so, so good.  https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/spinach-feta-stuffed-chicken/

spinachandfetachicken1.thumb.jpg.7cb934c97132e20cdddd47d872ade42e.jpg

This one is easy to assemble and cook.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/8030825/spinach-feta-stuffed-chicken-breasts/

spinachandfetachicken2.jpg.5896958ae6a8221ef0283dfe01622a72.jpg

The cream cheese in the filling makes this one so creamy!   https://cookingwithcarlee.com/jennys-feta-and-spinach-stuffed-chicken/

spinachandfetachicken3.thumb.jpg.496fd8580b343191a89e57306dd2f0fe.jpg

This one is nice and garlicky.  I love garlic and it is good for you!   https://tastingwithtina.com/spinach-and-feta-stuffed-chicken/

spinachandfetachicken4.thumb.jpg.b4c7a6314fec0e403c21d3542e4498e1.jpg

How would  you stuff your chicken?   Looking forward to all the ideas!

Wishing  you all a wonderful day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.It will be 70 later but our early morning  walk still required jackets at 40 degrees.

We have not been. to Figi.Barbershop Quartets are rarely seen now.Our dogs  know everyday is their day.  @dfish Debbie, thanks for the recipes.We are going to try the second one today.

Have a wonderful  day everyone.

10825 (2).jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Cruzan Confusion cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Coconut Rum
1 part Cruzan® Mango Rum
1 splash Pineapple Juice
Garnish: Pineapple, Mango

Instructions
Combine over ice and serve. Option to skewer a pineapple wedge, a mango cube and a pineapple leaf for garnish.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 7.28.07 AM.png

5 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

It better be Tuesday!  

I was just coming here to post that Cruzan Confusion has gotten to me, once again.  It is TUESDAY, not Monday!  I need to put a calendar in front of my face each morning I guess.  It must be the early hour that is getting to me.  And I am not a coffee drinker so nothing to wake me up.  

• Like 15