The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 9th, 2023

Today is Lost Sock Memorial Day, Hurray for Buttons Day, and National Moscato Day

Be nice to nerds. You may end up working for them. We all could.--Charles J. Sykes, Dumbing Down Our Kids: Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write or Add

Meal Suggestion for today - Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Drink of the Day - Stars And Stripes Spiced Ice
Wine of the Day - Louis Roederer Cristal Brut, Champagne, France 2008
Destination of the Day - Probolinggo, Java Indonesia

Today in History:
1941 British intelligence at Bletchley Park breaks German spy codes after capturing Enigma machines aboard the weather ship Muenchen

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea destination Kodiak, Alaska eta 5-10 

Nieuw Statendam

Lisbon, Portugal 12:00 - 17:00

Noordam

Sitka, Alaska 10:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Seville, Spain 11:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

Warnemunde, Germany 07:00 - 22:00

Volendam

Victoria, BC Canada 08:00 - 23:00

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 21:00

Zaandam

Sydney, Nova Scotia 10:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Port Everglades eta 5-12

image.thumb.png.31d9dc0ba0ef149565fcdbf18d52fa79.png

image.thumb.png.58e6fd0bedc2ca64d3e44a6679adbda1.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 19
  • Thanks 13

Good morning friends!  It is 66F with a high of 86 (!) and a chance of rain.  One of my weather apps is an alarmist and shows rain every hour while the other two say from 15% to 22% chances during the day.  I'm going to have to start listening to the 2nd and 3rd one!

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report info.  Your ship is chugging along across the Atlantic and in only 3 days will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale!  I bet everyone is busy packing.  Some of them talk about all the luggage they have to fill up.  How many bags did you take with you on your world cruise?

Well, today we have some interesting and unique days to celebrate!  National Lost Sock Memorial Day sounds odd, but I hear people saying they lose socks all the time.  I never lose socks in the laundry, or otherwise.  I wonder why?  I may have an odd one because one will get a hole in it so I toss it, but I usually have several other pairs of the same sock so eventually it finds a mate when another sock gets hole-y.  😅 🧦  Next is Hurray for Buttons Day.  I can agree to that since they serve a good purpose.  And finally National Moscato Day which will be popular with some.  It's not a wine I choose to drink but I could if offered it.

Moving on to the quote by Charles J. Sykes.  Interesting, but the name of the book title behind his name is sad.  Next up is the Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes which I have never had but it might be good.  Debbie @dfish will know exactly how to prepare them.  Thanks Deb!  The cocktail is Stars and Stripes Spiced Ice.🍹 Another odd sounding drink!  However, the Champagne sounds very good so I'll try that instead! 🥂 Thank you Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports.

Prayers for our Care list today!  🙏  I hope improvement is made by all of you.  Hopefully soon we can add you to the Celebration list.  As for those on that list today, hurray for you!  I hope all the cruises are going well, the food is great, the weather perfect, and the service excellent.  What more could you ask for?🚢

The Day in History is an interesting fact.  A salute to British Intelligence in 1941!!  Thanks Rich!

Our port of the day is Probolinggo, Java Indonesia.  I have only been to Benoa (Bali).  This port sounds like a good one.  We have seen it here twice before, on May 15, 2021 and April Fools Day, 2022.  Here are the links to those dates for you in case you need them.  Thanks in advance for any and all photos shown here today!

Well, that's all from me today.  Downstairs to the treadmill I go.  I'm feeling tired before I even get off that machine so maybe I will take a nap this afternoon.  😴  I'm supposed to go to the gym afterward but who know?   All this work on my photo books is wearing me out!  But it will be worth it in the end.  📓

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report info.  Your ship is chugging along across the Atlantic and in only 3 days will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale!  I bet everyone is busy packing.  Some of them talk about all the luggage they have to fill up.  How many bags did you take with you on your world cruise?

It has been an interesting morning. When I woke up I tried to check the time since we had to change time zones this morning and both the internet and tv were down. I decided to go to breakfast early and found that the internet was working on the Lido deck. After breakfast, back to the cabin and mine is still down but works in the elevator lobby. A call to the desk and they will get on it. So right now I'm at the Lido pool on battery checking in.

In response to your question about bags, I brought two good sized bags which is a little more than twice what I usually travel with. Neither was packed solid and both carried books which I donated to the library at the first part of the cruise. In addition we received a duffel bag so I have plenty of storage for the return trip.

Tonight is the Masquerade Ball, being held in the Crow's Nest.

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, richwmn said:

It has been an interesting morning. When I woke up I tried to check the time since we had to change time zones this morning and both the internet and tv were down. I decided to go to breakfast early and found that the internet was working on the Lido deck. After breakfast, back to the cabin and mine is still down but works in the elevator lobby. A call to the desk and they will get on it. So right now I'm at the Lido pool on battery checking in.

In response to your question about bags, I brought two good sized bags which is a little more than twice what I usually travel with. Neither was packed solid and both carried books which I donated to the library at the first part of the cruise. In addition we received a duffel bag so I have plenty of storage for the return trip.

Tonight is the Masquerade Ball, being held in the Crow's Nest.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I bet some of those fellow cruisers will be jealous of you with only two bags and the duffel on disembarkation day.  That's amazing!!

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

Thank you Sandi and Rich for putting together today's daily reports.

It is 55°F and partly sunny here.

3 interesting and well known days.

Be Nice To Everyone 

is my motto unless the other person refuses to be nice to me.

Today's wine sounds good.

Prayers offered to everyone who wants them.

No word from Father David on his travels.

Take care and stay safe friends.

Screenshot_20230509_102152.jpg

Screenshot_20230509_102129.jpg

Screenshot_20230509_102108.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I bet some of those fellow cruisers will be jealous of you with only two bags and the duffel on disembarkation day.  That's amazing!!

We have a large case and a carry on case when we stop in a hotel for 2 nights 😀 mostly Pauline's gear.

I booked us a few nights in a hotel in the English Lake District yesterday for during the summer.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today I’m off to Watertown New York for the start of my first work road trip since the shutdown.  I should be home Friday night.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.32e0c01d8dc4fad2588433d9e2c5e2fd.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 21

28 minutes ago, richwmn said:

A call to the desk and they will get on it. So right now I'm at the Lido pool on battery checking in.

Just returned to my cabin and I have tv and internet again

It didn't take them long to fix it.

• Like 29

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Sandi.

Fun collection of days.  I grew to curse buttons and aimed for easier garments having only one hand for a while 😆 Lost socks are a huge mystery.  Never been able to figure out where they go to - especially when they mysteriously appear later.

Love the Sykes quote.  It’s true, too.  The champagne today sounds wonderful…and pricey 😉

5E416A6B-1BF9-4804-B6A0-BD7E13388765.jpeg.7f12723f24f5e417c5de93361f2c213c.jpeg

Well, yesterday was a bust.  Only got some of what I wanted accomplished.  Errands for Ivan took longer than anticipated but he is now l licensed with the town and has his stuff to help his arthritis.  And my elbow is NOT being co-operative.  So tired of it. 😔 

But, Ivan semi co-operated getting in the car and met his groomer.  Before and after:

831627A6-E946-442E-BDDC-F41342487C8B.thumb.jpeg.954c41fe101f3968dda58a9de6fab871.jpeg

Sadly all his lumps now really show.  Vet results are back and all is good except the lumps have to be watched.  If they continue to grow, they will need to be removed as will interfere with his mobility.  It’s hoped with weight loss, they won’t 🤞 Next time,  he’ll have his beard and all the nice stuff around his face, but he was so matted, best to start fresh.

FD3FC7FB-2B2B-46AD-B025-91377FF2166B.thumb.jpeg.d3e4d429ad1ebd240bed24b50e532c37.jpeg

Busy morning - physio shortly - ugh.  Not sure if I should have cancelled but hoping she can help.  Ivan needs to have all his morning routine finished before I go.  And it’s c-c-c-cold out there.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I think this would be me with a treadmill 😉 

8BDA9770-ECE8-41EF-9EE1-2543512AF8FF.jpeg.f1e874badc81b4b58bc3a0f1d2054362.jpeg

Have to get moving - like it or not.  Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

EB2E9608-E181-4E56-BF2E-420DC5D49645.jpeg.7742dd4e1b314104f63a3ee744fee9f2.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I'm hoping for a nice sunny day here.  No walks for Bertie for a while, he started limping a few days ago so it was off to the vet yesterday.  After examination and x-rays, they think he may have a torn meniscus.  He's on pain meds and is supposed to rest and let things heal.  He loves going for walks so he'll be sad to have to stay in the house.  I hope he heals quickly.

An interesting collection of days.  I don't know where lost socks go but I occasionally find one behind the laundry hamper in the bedroom.  Buttons are important.  I'll have a glass of Moscato.

Love the quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for today's meal, sounds like a good side dish.  I hope the drink is tasty.   Yes please to the champagne.  I hope it isn't too expensive.

I haven't been to today's port.

Congrats to all the Brits for breaking the Enigma code.  Those at Bletchley Park saved many during the war.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Stars and Stripes Spiced Ice cocktial:

Ingredients
2 parts Basil Hayden's® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
1 part Simple Syrup
1/2 juiced Lemon
1 inch Vanilla Bean, Scraped, Seeds Only
5 Basil Leaves
1 sprig Basil

Instructions
Combine Basil Hayden's® Bourbon, simple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla bean and basil in a blender. Add ice and pulse until ice is pea-sized. Pour into a rocks glass. Garnish with a sprig of basil.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 6.30.11 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 10

Good morning. Currently 69 degrees and will be 90 this afternoon. Don’t wear socks very often in Florida as I’m usually clod in my SAS leather sandals. Sweet wine is definitely not my forte. I need to Google some day and explore how these proclamations  

are started and declared. 
Oldest is up and ready and we have ten minutes before her sister burst unto the scene.

Time for coffee! Thanks Sandi for getting it all started.

@kazu Ivan is a handsome gentleman.

Enjoy the day. Bruce

image.jpeg.3feeaed035e2730275cdd915a4943827.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.67b526efa752ff5dd3050b7623773ab9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1323d699c49b7015fe1c889310e80bb9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a0998b646570d93e9f65af75477f7074.jpegimage.jpeg.0ab05393765a97be9a10042152fe897e.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 16
  • Haha 20

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R & D! Another spectacular 63 degree morning here in my neck of the woods. Breakfast with Mom & this year’s fawn twins visiting. 

Thank you Eva for taking such good care of our Cares & Celebrations. I have some yard pick up, visits p & maintenance to schedule, Bindi walks and an afternoon gym class to fill my day. 

IMG_1276.jpeg.b23f4c01999d784ccb5ad5e95c372d88.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg.b8ea16fe347ac5c7260c06c03d4f1dd1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Louis Roederer Cristal Brut, Champagne, France 2008

Every vintage of this champagne has superb reviews, and most have similar prices. So if you can afford a bottle, pick up one of whichever vintage you can find. I found a couple of online auction sites offering this vintage for $250 - $329, and several online distributors offering it for prices starting at $429.00.

Winemaker notes

Cristal is Louis Roederer’s flagship cuvée. It was created in 1876 and is composed of Grand Crus from the Montagne de Reims, the Marne Valley, and the Côte des Blancs. Cristal 2008 was bottle-aged for 8 years before being left to rest for at least 8 months after disgorging in order to attain perfect maturity.

Amber hue with green and orange tints. Fine, even and lively sparkle. Complex and intense bouquet disclosing candied citrus, yellow fruit, Williams pear, pollen, and toasted almond. The delicately seductive bouquet shows intensity and well-honed precision. The wine is powerful, full yet tight, on entry to the palate. The 2008 vintage is undeniably well structured but in a particular way: the wine’s almost saline concentration has not been created by the sun but is derived from the dryness of the chalk soil in a particularly cool summer. The result is a smooth, almost liquorous, mouthfeel that coats the palate with a powerful yet soft texture. This gives way to an incredible finish, underpinned by freshness and an impression of absolute purity with a taut and very saline character. The Cristal 2008 is deep, intense and masterful. It offers the quintessential reflection of its chalk soils which lend it is velvety texture and delicate tension. This wine’s energy has been tamed by an unusually long period of bottle ageing: Cristal 2008 was in fact aged for 10 years before its release on the market. A first!

Blend: 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay

JS100 James Suckling

OMG. A masterpiece. A benchmark. Tight and structured, with fantastic precision and structure. Sharp line of acidity throughout, with fine and tight bubbles. Pineapple, lemon, white apricot, seashell, biscuit, blanched almond and a hint of chamomile. Vertical and mineral. Dosage 7g/L. Special release in magnum and aged two or three years longer on the lees than the normal bottling. I can’t go higher than this. 

JD100 Jeb Dunnuck
The 2008 Cristal is a perfect wine, and Champagne simple does not get any better. This incredible wine offers a beautiful perfume of clean, crisp fruits, layers of complexity in its toasted spice and white flowers, and an utterly seamless, yet powerful style on the palate. This is a rich, decadent expression of Cristal yet it’s still crystalline and elegant, with no sensation of weight, and it just glides over the palate. Haut Couture at its finest and this majestic, profound, legendary Cristal can be drunk anytime over the coming 2-3 decades.
WE98 Wine Enthusiast

The latest incarnation of Roederer’s iconic Champagne, this comes from a great vintage and is balanced, moving towards maturity. White stone fruit are shot through by lemon acidity. A steely edge contrasts with the underlying richness. Drink now, although the wine will age for many years.

RP98Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

Disgorged in September 2017 with 7.5 grams per liter dosage, the 2008 Cristal was produced from 37 of the 45 parcels that are candidates for inclusion in this cuvée—some 40% of which were farmed organically back in 2008—and it's a blend of 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay. The finest young Cristal in decades, the wine wafts from the glass with a pure and vibrant bouquet of crisp orchard fruit, clear honey, warm brioche, citrus zest and white flowers. On the palate, it's full-bodied, intense and incisive, with superb concentration, racy acids and a long, searingly chalky finish. Pristinely balanced, there are some 500,000 bottles of this legend-in-the-making.

D98 Decanter
Cristal 2008 is on a roll to yet higher levels of exquisite purity and precision of fruit in a paradoxical balance of weightlessness and depth of flavour, permeated with minerals and a salinity reflecting the greatest terroirs of the Roederer estate. Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon believes that 2008 is his best effort to date, and it's easy to see why. It's from a cooler, maritime vintage that came right in the end, with one of the longest harvests ever, running from mid-September to early October. The colour is a stylish pale gold flecked with green. Aromas of white flowers are joined by a cleansing citrus vigour and richer tones of peach and mirabelle. The palate is still quiet, but a tender creaminnes shows through, and there's so much concentration to come if you drink if after 2021. The greatness of the wine owes everything to the influence of organic and biodynamic precepts in the field - and Lecaillon's sleepless perfectionism in the cellar towards finer fruit and a careful brake on too much yeasty expression. The acidity is vibrant but better integrated in the 2008 than in the 1996. Magnificent. Dosage 7.7g/l. Drinking Window 2021 - 2040
WW98 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
 Louis Roederer Cristal is an icon amongst all wines made in the world. One mention of the word brings a lifetime of memory to many of us professionals in the wine business. 2008, by all measurements, is widely viewed as one of Champagne's best vintages. When I got the chance to taste this vintage, I was happy to say that the wine lives up to both its reputation and that of the acclaimed year. TASTING NOTES: This wine is riveting. Its aromas and flavors of ripe apple core, creamy accents, brisk minerality, excellent acidity make it one of the winery's best of all time. 
WS97 Wine Spectator
This expresses a sense of focus and vibrancy to the overall structure, while the palate is all grace and charm. A fine, lacy texture carries a tapestry of ripe white cherry, toast point, blood orange zest, honey and ground ginger notes, with a minerally, mouthwatering finish. A stunning Champagne with a long future ahead of it.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 4

Good morning, everyone!

It is a nice sunny day here in mid-Michigan with temps approaching 70F.  Bad night last night and I tossed and turned from 2:30 am until 6:00 am when I got up. 

There used to be a beautiful Japanese maple tree near the corner of the house.  I've seen it in pictures and our next door neighbor commented on it and how sad he was when the previous owners chopped it down.  So, yesterday Sue and I went to the garden store and bought a replacement.  It is now planted very close to where the old one used to be.  We also have hanging baskets to help provide some color to our boring beige house.  We have two fuschia and two with tiny petunias and one hanging bag.  We want more of those.  Today's agenda is a trip to the big box store and tonight we're going to grand nephew Samson's t-ball game.

Today's meal is a side dish, but a really tasty one.  I will pass due to carbs, but the rest of you may enjoy it.  Sweet potatoes aren't just for Thanksgiving!   Our first recipe comes from The Food Network.  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes-recipe-1909560

twicebakedsweetpotatoes1.thumb.jpeg.b723c6681fece2ef5c8c3c6c2ae7bb00.jpeg

This one from Ina Garten really caught my eye.  They look so good!  https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes

twicebakedsweetpotatoes2.thumb.jpg.c08b9f355d0a69668f1bf0e67834fb13.jpg

I think this one from the Pioneer Woman could easily be classified as dessert.  Between the maple syrup and the brown sugar in the crumble, the sweet factor is sky high.  https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a41392653/twice-baked-sweet-potatoes-recipe/

twicebakedsweetpotatoes3.thumb.jpg.4d9988034acb7500eb2c0c23310404ae.jpg

I almost forgot!  Wishing you all a fantastic day!   

@kazu Ivan is a handsome boy with his new haircut.  Who could resist that face?

Edited by dfish
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 8

Good afternoon (here) and thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report. 
Interesting days. Maybe on the meal and pass on the drink and wine. I haven’t been to today’s port. 

I am here in Germany. Enjoying the wonderful Brot (breads) already. After the excursion in Rotterdam, then the flight here, and ride from the airport to BFF’s cousin’s home, my legs were very unhappy. Lots of swelling and pain. I even considered an urgi-care, but they really don’t have them here. So I’ve been resting and off my feet for yesterday and today, and feeling better but still not great. Still lots of bruising and painful spots. I won’t go on a planned day trip as the area has lots of hills and steps. 

@Vict0riann I am glad Pat is doing well. 
@dobiemom I’m glad things look good with your eye, but the continued restrictions don’t sound easy. 
@kazu Wow, Ivan looks great! Sorry the elbow is still bothering you. 
@superoma Great job on the lists. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. 

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Working from home today. 

I will definitely celebrate Moscato day. I do love sweet potatoes.

Thinking of you all. 

Have a safe and healthy day.

• Like 21

Tuesday may 9 care and celebration list

Jodiesme1 mother and Her DH with Covid in Guatemala 

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with terrible knee and back pain

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Cruzn single recuperating

Vict0rian’s DH Pat recuperating 

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Alberta wildfires, 30,000 evacuated

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

Summer Slope’s friend with a brain injury

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

NextOne needing valve surgery 

Former president jimmy Carter in Home hospice care

Celebrations

National nursing week May 8 to 14 in Canada

National teacher appreciation week 

Tana responding to medication

Cruzn single stepson with successful non cancerous tumour removal

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH making progress on mobility

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Mamaofami with good oncology report

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report  surgery date for other eye

vict0rian’s DH Pat itching to go home

Luvteaching congratulations on ivy dawn, what a birthday gift for DH

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming

6 days SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam 5/14 to5/28)

Cruising

Lazey1 (volendam to 5/10)

Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, kazu said:

But, Ivan semi co-operated getting in the car and met his groomer.  Before and after:

831627A6-E946-442E-BDDC-F41342487C8B.thumb.jpeg.954c41fe101f3968dda58a9de6fab871.jpeg

Wow! What a difference! I'll bet he is happy to have all that mattingg gone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a cloudy and windy central Texas.  It is 69F and humid, and we'll be in the 80s this afternoon.  Today is supposed to be the start of rain everyday for the foreseeable future.  It is also laundry day and will include a quick trip to the store this morning while the first load is washing.

Three interesting days to celebrate (?) today.  Buttons are important, and I have a stash of more buttons than I'll ever need.  I may take them to the thrift store for any donated clothes that need buttons.  We've had Moscato, but I prefer Riesling wines.

An interesting quote and probably true to some extent.

I occasionally make baked sweet potatoes, but have never tried twice baked ones.  The recipes look interesting.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

The breaking of the German codes was an important step in winning WWII.

We have not been to Java.

@Crazy For Cats  Safe travels today, Jake, and I hope the week goes well.

@kazu  Jacqui, Ivan looks like a different dog now, and a very handsome one, too.  The bumps are noticeable, and I hope they do not prove to be a problem.  I also hope your elbow is better today.

@puppycanducruise  Melanie, I hope Bertie is better soon.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I'm sorry your knees and legs get better and you can enjoy more of your time in Germany.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  A beautiful day today so I have weeding and spreading Preen to try to keep the weeds down while we are gone for the summer.  

An interesting bunch of days, definitely will pass on Moscato and lost socks are a perennial problem.   Thanks for posting these for us Sandi.  I look forward to the port photos.  I will pass on the sweet potato and the herbal cocktail. @kazu Ivan is handsome dog!  Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine. 

I had the opportunity to taste Cristal on the Volendam.  We had a great cellar Master, Fernando, and he pulled together a wonderful premium tasting.  Only chance we would ever be able to try it. 

Have a nice Tuesday! Nancy 

IMG_20221229_150821064.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4