The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday May 9th, 2023

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  Buttons, Zippers, and Velcro all have both their strengths and weaknesses.  I have not been to Probolinggo.  I have too many lost socks and will pass on the Moscato. Thank you to the code breakers.  Amazing how quickly the world cruise has gone.  While a nerd I have never been a boss.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Bahamian Spiced Chicken with Yogurt-Cilantro Sauce and Wild Berry Profiteroles, my Nieuw Statendam embarkation lunch in 2019:

lunch21.jpg

What a change in Ivan.  I think the vet will have a much easier job the next time they meet.

Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

I appreciate starting my day with the Daily.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I never lose socks in the laundry, or otherwise.  I wonder why? 

Sandi- I have always been impressed with your posts and your pictures but you don’t lose socks, now I’m really impressed.IMG_7380.jpeg.7cbc8923f2c77a046575a1c19e3382a3.jpeg

IMG_7381.jpeg.3b41f880d2ce11369bff5b360d7229f8.jpeg

@kazu Ivan looks like a new dog.  He is lucky to have you.  Take care of your elbow. I love the garden center quote.  I went to a local native plant nursery yesterday.  After we planted, I said to my DH, “ I’m finished. I’m not spending any more money on the yard.”  He said, “We need mulch.”  🤣 I will not be accompanying him to the store.  

I do not like moscato; I love sparkling wine.  I wonder how a $400 champagne tastes. Thanks @cat shepard for the description.  I’d be happy to share a bottle if someone else is buying.

Thanks @dfish for the recipes.  I often have roasted sweet potato topped with peanut butter for lunch.  

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  For years I've maintained that the Single Sock Eater lurks between the washer and dryer and only makes an appearance when we leave the room.  I remember sorting buttons in my mom's button box as a child - I still have that ornate round tin box somewhere.  A hard pass on the Moscato, although DH likes it.

A busy day ahead - have to drop a couple of bags of things off at the Salvation Army store, then across town to DH's son's house where we'll check on things while he's away on a holiday.  From there we have to pick up groceries, and we might (who am I kidding, we definitely will) stop at a couple of greenhouses to see what kind of hanging baskets we can find for our yard.

@kazu Ivan looks like a new man!  He has such an expressive face - does he bark or "talk" to you?

@JazzyV I'm sorry to hear your legs are giving you such trouble; I do hope you can get some relief before you have to fly home.

@luvteaching a belated Happy Birthday to your DH, and congratulations on the arrival of your second GGD, Ivy Dawn.  What a birthday gift!!

I just heard on the news that a Saskatchewan Indigenous journalist, Connie Walker, has been awarded a Pulitzer Prize for her podcast about her father surviving residential school.  That's wonderful news for our province and for the Indigenous community!

Neither of us is a fan of sweet potatoes, although I do enjoy them once in a blue moon as sweet potato fries, but that's it.  It's going to be a nice warm day (22C, 71F), so I think we'll have a simple meal of ham sandwiches and potato salad on the deck this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers for all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Currently 69 degrees and will be 90 this afternoon. Don’t wear socks very often in Florida as I’m usually clod in my SAS leather sandals. Sweet wine is definitely not my forte. I need to Google some day and explore how these proclamations  

are started and declared. 
Oldest is up and ready and we have ten minutes before her sister burst unto the scene.

Time for coffee! Thanks Sandi for getting it all started.

@kazu Ivan is a handsome gentleman.

Enjoy the day. Bruce

image.jpeg.3feeaed035e2730275cdd915a4943827.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.67b526efa752ff5dd3050b7623773ab9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1323d699c49b7015fe1c889310e80bb9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a0998b646570d93e9f65af75477f7074.jpegimage.jpeg.0ab05393765a97be9a10042152fe897e.jpeg

Another real story about Wi-Fi password at bar near cruise port in Tortola.

Password was “YouNeedaDrink”!

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Sandi.

Fun collection of days.  I grew to curse buttons and aimed for easier garments having only one hand for a while 😆 Lost socks are a huge mystery.  Never been able to figure out where they go to - especially when they mysteriously appear later.

Love the Sykes quote.  It’s true, too.  The champagne today sounds wonderful…and pricey 😉

5E416A6B-1BF9-4804-B6A0-BD7E13388765.jpeg.7f12723f24f5e417c5de93361f2c213c.jpeg

Well, yesterday was a bust.  Only got some of what I wanted accomplished.  Errands for Ivan took longer than anticipated but he is now l licensed with the town and has his stuff to help his arthritis.  And my elbow is NOT being co-operative.  So tired of it. 😔 

But, Ivan semi co-operated getting in the car and met his groomer.  Before and after:

831627A6-E946-442E-BDDC-F41342487C8B.thumb.jpeg.954c41fe101f3968dda58a9de6fab871.jpeg

Sadly all his lumps now really show.  Vet results are back and all is good except the lumps have to be watched.  If they continue to grow, they will need to be removed as will interfere with his mobility.  It’s hoped with weight loss, they won’t 🤞 Next time,  he’ll have his beard and all the nice stuff around his face, but he was so matted, best to start fresh.

FD3FC7FB-2B2B-46AD-B025-91377FF2166B.thumb.jpeg.d3e4d429ad1ebd240bed24b50e532c37.jpeg

Busy morning - physio shortly - ugh.  Not sure if I should have cancelled but hoping she can help.  Ivan needs to have all his morning routine finished before I go.  And it’s c-c-c-cold out there.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I think this would be me with a treadmill 😉 

8BDA9770-ECE8-41EF-9EE1-2543512AF8FF.jpeg.f1e874badc81b4b58bc3a0f1d2054362.jpeg

Have to get moving - like it or not.  Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

EB2E9608-E181-4E56-BF2E-420DC5D49645.jpeg.7742dd4e1b314104f63a3ee744fee9f2.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!

He knows he looks good!  I hope your elbow calms down  soon.It has to be very aggravating.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Kazu, Ivan looks lovely ! I agree with you abut being asked to prove who you are when paying a bill. I have gone through the same thing so many times and have always wondered who the lucky person was who had their bill paid by a stranger and then complained about that person. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, summer slope said:

@kazuIvan has the most beautiful eyes.  He looks so much better with his cut.

Moscato is our favorite wine.  Discovered it on a cruise  many years ago and always have it on hand.

Ivan does look wonderful.  Moscato is about the only wine I can tolerate.  My sweet tooth keeps me from drinking other wines.  But having said that I probably have not had any for about two years.  I am not much of a drinker.  Katherine 

• Like 18

I know that we are not supposed to discuss politics or religion on this thread, but since it is lose a sock day, I must break the rules today.  It is common knowledge that every time you lose a sock it is reincarnated as an extra plastic lid that does not fit any of the containers you have in the house.  Maybe I should have just buttoned my lip and not mentioned this.

• Like 5
  • Haha 25

41 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Another real story about Wi-Fi password at bar near cruise port in Tortola.

Password was “YouNeedaDrink”!

We had a crisis this morning. Time to go to school and the 3 year olds shoes are missing. Looked everywhere!😱 Finally found them. She had taken them off and put them in backyard. Got back from my school bus driver duties and had another coffee and this one laced with Baily’s Crème. Phew!

• Like 13
  • Haha 12

Happy Tuesday!  The sun is out today, Yay!  I have a button basket that was my grandmothers.  It's a treasured memory.  @JazzyVI hope your legs feel better soon, not fun while you're traveling.  @luvteachingHappy birthday to your DH, and congrats on the new baby!  @kazuIvan looks wonderful after his spa day.  Hoping his lumps and bumps aren't a problem.  Hoping your elbow gets better soon.  I'm having lunch with some co-workers from the "olden" days today.  Have a great day!  Karen

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

I find that missing socks often turn up later, typically in the sleeve of a shirt. I like twice-baked white potatoes but I'm not sure about sweet potatoes. No on the cocktail. Yes on the wine if someone else is paying for it. I haven't been to Indonesia, but I have been to Bletchley Park.

4 hours ago, kazu said:

But, Ivan semi co-operated getting in the car and met his groomer.  Before and after:

I wouldn't have known that they were the same dog, or even the same breed. What is the preferred length for his fur?

I've learned a little more about the littermates. They were adopted at different times: my friends chose one, and went back to the shelter weeks or months later for the other. I hope that I will actually get to meet them on Wednesday, given that they hide when anyone comes to the door. Fergus and Sasha did the same thing, although Fergus would come out if, and only if, he sensed that a guest was afraid of cats.

snaillove.thumb.jpg.c640a0e3f7afa178ed2e0b9740b86f78.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 4

Good morning all!

It seems that we're going from winter/spring to summer in a hurry.  In the next 6 days we'll go from  drizzly low 60's to a hot, dry 90 degrees. 😲  And no rain in sight as far as the forecast goes.  Thank goodness for good neighbors who water my pots when I'm gone -- all this sunshine and heat will happen while we're in Yellowstone.  

Many times I'll find missing items of clothing stuck in the pockets of the fitted sheets if they were in the same load.  One of DH's dress shirts is missing a button, and it's sitting on my sewing center waiting for me 😉  Not a fan of sweet wines, so would pass on the Moscato.

The quote is very true, and probably applies to both our DS and DD.  Will pass on the meal (sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on earth who doesn't like sweet potatoes).  Also will pass on the drink and expensive wine.

We're packed and will leave early tomorrow morning for Yellowstone -- coming back just in time for the DGSs birthday party (one will turn 10 on the 16th, and the other 8 on June 2).  So far we've been successful in never missing their birthdays. 

Jacqui @kazu WOW! I wouldn't have known Ivan was the same dog in both photos.  What a sweetie.  I hope your elbow will start feeling better soon.

Nancy @ottahand7 Fernando is a jewel!!  We've enjoyed him on several cruises.

Vanessa @JazzyV I hope your legs start feeling better so you can enjoy your time in Germany.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Fun collection of days.  I grew to curse buttons and aimed for easier garments having only one hand for a while 😆 Lost socks are a huge mystery.  Never been able to figure out where they go to - especially when they mysteriously appear later.

Love the Sykes quote.  It’s true, too.  The champagne today sounds wonderful…and pricey 😉

Well, yesterday was a bust.  Only got some of what I wanted accomplished.  Errands for Ivan took longer than anticipated but he is now l licensed with the town and has his stuff to help his arthritis.  And my elbow is NOT being co-operative.  So tired of it. 😔 

831627A6-E946-442E-BDDC-F41342487C8B.thumb.jpeg.954c41fe101f3968dda58a9de6fab871.jpeg

Sadly all his lumps now really show.  Vet results are back and all is good except the lumps have to be watched.  If they continue to grow, they will need to be removed as will interfere with his mobility.  It’s hoped with weight loss, they won’t 🤞 Next time,  he’ll have his beard and all the nice stuff around his face, but he was so matted, best to start fresh.

FD3FC7FB-2B2B-46AD-B025-91377FF2166B.thumb.jpeg.d3e4d429ad1ebd240bed24b50e532c37.jpeg

Busy morning - physio shortly - ugh.  Not sure if I should have cancelled but hoping she can help.  Ivan needs to have all his morning routine finished before I go.  And it’s c-c-c-cold out there.

Have to get moving - like it or not.  Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

That last meme is really me. I am sure Ivan is much more comfortable now. Hope your elbow improves.... probably moving Ivan around did not help but hey.... what we do for the canine companions.

Susan

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

I'm loving seeing Ivan with his new appearance.  It's hard to recognize him as the same dog.  Hoping the lumps aren't serious and easily managed.  Please tell Ivan how handsome he looks, from all of us.  Love your memes today too!    

4 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I'm hoping for a nice sunny day here.  No walks for Bertie for a while, he started limping a few days ago so it was off to the vet yesterday.  After examination and x-rays, they think he may have a torn meniscus.  He's on pain meds and is supposed to rest and let things heal.  He loves going for walks so he'll be sad to have to stay in the house.  I hope he heals quickly.

An interesting collection of days.  I don't know where lost socks go but I occasionally find one behind the laundry hamper in the bedroom.  Buttons are important.  I'll have a glass of Moscato.

Love the quote.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe for today's meal, sounds like a good side dish.  I hope the drink is tasty.   Yes please to the champagne.  I hope it isn't too expensive.

I haven't been to today's port.

Congrats to all the Brits for breaking the Enigma code.  Those at Bletchley Park saved many during the war.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

Sorry to hear Bertie (Woofster) has a health issue.  Let's hope he heals quickly and gets back to his long walks.

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. Currently 69 degrees and will be 90 this afternoon. Don’t wear socks very often in Florida as I’m usually clod in my SAS leather sandals. Sweet wine is definitely not my forte. I need to Google some day and explore how these proclamations  

are started and declared. 
Oldest is up and ready and we have ten minutes before her sister burst unto the scene.

Time for coffee! Thanks Sandi for getting it all started.

@kazu Ivan is a handsome gentleman.

Enjoy the day. Bruce

image.jpeg.3feeaed035e2730275cdd915a4943827.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.67b526efa752ff5dd3050b7623773ab9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1323d699c49b7015fe1c889310e80bb9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a0998b646570d93e9f65af75477f7074.jpegimage.jpeg.0ab05393765a97be9a10042152fe897e.jpeg

Too, too funny today Bruce!  BTW, glad you located those lost shoes before school.  You deserve a treat for that.

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Sandi & Rich for today’s R & D! Another spectacular 63 degree morning here in my neck of the woods. Breakfast with Mom & this year’s fawn twins visiting. 

Thank you Eva for taking such good care of our Cares & Celebrations. I have some yard pick up, visits p & maintenance to schedule, Bindi walks and an afternoon gym class to fill my day. 

IMG_1276.jpeg.b23f4c01999d784ccb5ad5e95c372d88.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg.b8ea16fe347ac5c7260c06c03d4f1dd1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Louis Roederer Cristal Brut, Champagne, France 2008

Every vintage of this champagne has superb reviews, and most have similar prices. So if you can afford a bottle, pick up one of whichever vintage you can find. I found a couple of online auction sites offering this vintage for $250 - $329, and several online distributors offering it for prices starting at $429.00.

Winemaker notes

Cristal is Louis Roederer’s flagship cuvée. It was created in 1876 and is composed of Grand Crus from the Montagne de Reims, the Marne Valley, and the Côte des Blancs. Cristal 2008 was bottle-aged for 8 years before being left to rest for at least 8 months after disgorging in order to attain perfect maturity.

Amber hue with green and orange tints. Fine, even and lively sparkle. Complex and intense bouquet disclosing candied citrus, yellow fruit, Williams pear, pollen, and toasted almond. The delicately seductive bouquet shows intensity and well-honed precision. The wine is powerful, full yet tight, on entry to the palate. The 2008 vintage is undeniably well structured but in a particular way: the wine’s almost saline concentration has not been created by the sun but is derived from the dryness of the chalk soil in a particularly cool summer. The result is a smooth, almost liquorous, mouthfeel that coats the palate with a powerful yet soft texture. This gives way to an incredible finish, underpinned by freshness and an impression of absolute purity with a taut and very saline character. The Cristal 2008 is deep, intense and masterful. It offers the quintessential reflection of its chalk soils which lend it is velvety texture and delicate tension. This wine’s energy has been tamed by an unusually long period of bottle ageing: Cristal 2008 was in fact aged for 10 years before its release on the market. A first!

Blend: 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay

JS100 James Suckling

OMG. A masterpiece. A benchmark. Tight and structured, with fantastic precision and structure. Sharp line of acidity throughout, with fine and tight bubbles. Pineapple, lemon, white apricot, seashell, biscuit, blanched almond and a hint of chamomile. Vertical and mineral. Dosage 7g/L. Special release in magnum and aged two or three years longer on the lees than the normal bottling. I can’t go higher than this. 

JD100 Jeb Dunnuck
The 2008 Cristal is a perfect wine, and Champagne simple does not get any better. This incredible wine offers a beautiful perfume of clean, crisp fruits, layers of complexity in its toasted spice and white flowers, and an utterly seamless, yet powerful style on the palate. This is a rich, decadent expression of Cristal yet it’s still crystalline and elegant, with no sensation of weight, and it just glides over the palate. Haut Couture at its finest and this majestic, profound, legendary Cristal can be drunk anytime over the coming 2-3 decades.
WE98 Wine Enthusiast

The latest incarnation of Roederer’s iconic Champagne, this comes from a great vintage and is balanced, moving towards maturity. White stone fruit are shot through by lemon acidity. A steely edge contrasts with the underlying richness. Drink now, although the wine will age for many years.

RP98Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

Disgorged in September 2017 with 7.5 grams per liter dosage, the 2008 Cristal was produced from 37 of the 45 parcels that are candidates for inclusion in this cuvée—some 40% of which were farmed organically back in 2008—and it's a blend of 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay. The finest young Cristal in decades, the wine wafts from the glass with a pure and vibrant bouquet of crisp orchard fruit, clear honey, warm brioche, citrus zest and white flowers. On the palate, it's full-bodied, intense and incisive, with superb concentration, racy acids and a long, searingly chalky finish. Pristinely balanced, there are some 500,000 bottles of this legend-in-the-making.

D98 Decanter
Cristal 2008 is on a roll to yet higher levels of exquisite purity and precision of fruit in a paradoxical balance of weightlessness and depth of flavour, permeated with minerals and a salinity reflecting the greatest terroirs of the Roederer estate. Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon believes that 2008 is his best effort to date, and it's easy to see why. It's from a cooler, maritime vintage that came right in the end, with one of the longest harvests ever, running from mid-September to early October. The colour is a stylish pale gold flecked with green. Aromas of white flowers are joined by a cleansing citrus vigour and richer tones of peach and mirabelle. The palate is still quiet, but a tender creaminnes shows through, and there's so much concentration to come if you drink if after 2021. The greatness of the wine owes everything to the influence of organic and biodynamic precepts in the field - and Lecaillon's sleepless perfectionism in the cellar towards finer fruit and a careful brake on too much yeasty expression. The acidity is vibrant but better integrated in the 2008 than in the 1996. Magnificent. Dosage 7.7g/l. Drinking Window 2021 - 2040
WW98 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
 Louis Roederer Cristal is an icon amongst all wines made in the world. One mention of the word brings a lifetime of memory to many of us professionals in the wine business. 2008, by all measurements, is widely viewed as one of Champagne's best vintages. When I got the chance to taste this vintage, I was happy to say that the wine lives up to both its reputation and that of the acclaimed year. TASTING NOTES: This wine is riveting. Its aromas and flavors of ripe apple core, creamy accents, brisk minerality, excellent acidity make it one of the winery's best of all time. 
WS97 Wine Spectator
This expresses a sense of focus and vibrancy to the overall structure, while the palate is all grace and charm. A fine, lacy texture carries a tapestry of ripe white cherry, toast point, blood orange zest, honey and ground ginger notes, with a minerally, mouthwatering finish. A stunning Champagne with a long future ahead of it.

Wow, that's pretty expensive champagne!  Guess I won't be trying any of that!  Love hearing about the twin fawns each year.  I haven't seen any fawns behind our house yet.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon (here) and thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report. 
Interesting days. Maybe on the meal and pass on the drink and wine. I haven’t been to today’s port. 

I am here in Germany. Enjoying the wonderful Brot (breads) already. After the excursion in Rotterdam, then the flight here, and ride from the airport to BFF’s cousin’s home, my legs were very unhappy. Lots of swelling and pain. I even considered an urgi-care, but they really don’t have them here. So I’ve been resting and off my feet for yesterday and today, and feeling better but still not great. Still lots of bruising and painful spots. I won’t go on a planned day trip as the area has lots of hills and steps. 

@Vict0riann I am glad Pat is doing well. 
@dobiemom I’m glad things look good with your eye, but the continued restrictions don’t sound easy.  
@kazu Wow, Ivan looks great! Sorry the elbow is still bothering you. 
@superoma Great job on the lists. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. 

I'm hoping your knees start feeling better soon.  It's affecting your sightseeing and we don't want that.  My kneecap started hurting at the end of my 45 minutes on the treadmill today so I lowered my speed and went to zero incline the last 5 minutes.  Then I went to the gym and did leg exercises but trying to keep the weights down.  Thanks for checking in with us!

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Tuesday may 9 care and celebration list

Jodiesme1 mother and Her DH with Covid in Guatemala 

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with terrible knee and back pain

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Cruzn single recuperating

Vict0rian’s DH Pat recuperating 

Tupper10 with post op pain but doing ok

Alberta wildfires, 30,000 evacuated

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

From the rotation:

Summer Slope’s friend with a brain injury

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

NextOne needing valve surgery 

Former president jimmy Carter in Home hospice care

Celebrations

National nursing week May 8 to 14 in Canada

National teacher appreciation week 

Tana responding to medication

Cruzn single stepson with successful non cancerous tumour removal

NextOne not needing any procedures, July cruise is on!

Luvteaching DH making progress on mobility

Surgery date for smitty34877 DH

Father David on a pilgrimage for 3 weeks (May 21)

Bennybear feeling better

Mamaofami’s dh pneumonia free

Mamaofami with good oncology report

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

RMLincoln good eye report  surgery date for other eye

vict0rian’s DH Pat itching to go home

Luvteaching congratulations on ivy dawn, what a birthday gift for DH

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming

6 days SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam 5/14 to5/28)

Cruising

Lazey1 (volendam to 5/10)

Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), 

Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

Marshhawk (Nieuw Amsterdam to 5/21)

Jazzyv cruise Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

Thanks for those lists today Eva!  I haven't seen  @jodiesme1 posting lately but I would think her Mother and her DH are recovered from Covid and probably home from Guatemala by now.  If she sees this notification perhaps she will come back and let us know.  She has had only 3 CC posts for a while now.

1 hour ago, Rowsby said:

Gorgeous blossoms on the memorial tree my son and his wife planted in honor of DH...so pretty...❤️

Doug's Memorial Tree  - 2023.jpg

Planting a flowering tree as a memorial is such a good idea.  This one has beautiful flowers on it.

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

I appreciate starting my day with the Daily.

Sandi- I have always been impressed with your posts and your pictures but you don’t lose socks, now I’m really impressed.IMG_7380.jpeg.7cbc8923f2c77a046575a1c19e3382a3.jpeg

IMG_7381.jpeg.3b41f880d2ce11369bff5b360d7229f8.jpeg

@kazu Ivan looks like a new dog.  He is lucky to have you.  Take care of your elbow. I love the garden center quote.  I went to a local native plant nursery yesterday.  After we planted, I said to my DH, “ I’m finished. I’m not spending any more money on the yard.”  He said, “We need mulch.”  🤣 I will not be accompanying him to the store.  

I do not like moscato; I love sparkling wine.  I wonder how a $400 champagne tastes. Thanks @cat shepard for the description.  I’d be happy to share a bottle if someone else is buying.

Thanks @dfish for the recipes.  I often have roasted sweet potato topped with peanut butter for lunch.  

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Thanks for your kind words on my remarkable ability of not losing socks!  🤣  Sometimes they try to hide at the very front of the dryer, and I have thwarted them in the past by running my hand down there to prevent it.  Who wants to stick theire head in a hot dryer?  Not me!!  And you must never throw the laundry at the washer when loading it because socks take that opportunity to jump behind the washer.  Sneaky little devils!🧦

My DD once told me she'd never known me to leave clothes in the dryer at the end of the cycle the whole time she was growing up.  Surprised me she would even think of that.  However, every time I do laundry at my kids' homes I open the dryer to put a wet load of laundry in and there is ALWAYS dry, forgotten clothes in my way!   I must have missed that lesson when I taught them Laundry 101!😂

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is 60 degrees and cloudy.I am a nerd and I have been the boss. It seemed to work.We have not been to the port,buttons can be frustrating  with RA hands and I always lose socks.Sandi @StLouisCruisers,what is your secret?

Have a great day everyone!

See above lesson in retaining socks (Laundry 101)😉

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have just received by courier from the US this loyalty Crystal block from Royal Caribbean Crown& Anchor society.

IMG_20230509_150733.jpg

Congratulations Graham and Pauline!  Nice of them to reward your loyalty with this gift.

16 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It seems that we're going from winter/spring to summer in a hurry.  In the next 6 days we'll go from  drizzly low 60's to a hot, dry 90 degrees. 😲  And no rain in sight as far as the forecast goes.  Thank goodness for good neighbors who water my pots when I'm gone -- all this sunshine and heat will happen while we're in Yellowstone.  

Many times I'll find missing items of clothing stuck in the pockets of the fitted sheets if they were in the same load.  One of DH's dress shirts is missing a button, and it's sitting on my sewing center waiting for me 😉  Not a fan of sweet wines, so would pass on the Moscato.

The quote is very true, and probably applies to both our DS and DD.  Will pass on the meal (sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on earth who doesn't like sweet potatoes).  Also will pass on the drink and expensive wine.

We're packed and will leave early tomorrow morning for Yellowstone -- coming back just in time for the DGSs birthday party (one will turn 10 on the 16th, and the other 8 on June 2).  So far we've been successful in never missing their birthdays. 

Jacqui @kazu WOW! I wouldn't have known Ivan was the same dog in both photos.  What a sweetie.  I hope your elbow will start feeling better soon.

Nancy @ottahand7 Fernando is a jewel!!  We've enjoyed him on several cruises.

Vanessa @JazzyV I hope your legs start feeling better so you can enjoy your time in Germany.  

Have a wonderful trip to Yellowstone!  It should be nice there now.  Take a few photos for us.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Good  morning and thanks al! @ottahand7  drool, what a line up!  @cat shepard thanks  for the description, I wonder how much it is at Costco?

@travelnaptwo out of three is not bad?  lol! 

@kazu ooh he’s beautiful!  Almost looks like a Weimaraner.  

For the book club, there’s a great book by Robert Harris called Enigma,  also the book The Rose Code is based in Bletchley park.  It is a place well worth a visit!  And nearby Wrest Park too. 

Some of the grounds and the Enigma machine . 
image.thumb.jpeg.9d8d5cf5e8f3df5fab3499c77cd1da63.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.da1a5976e95fb56bedc596865220c84d.jpeg

Wrest Park, the former Earl de Grey’s home, bought by a distant relative of DH.  Now part of English Heritage.

image.thumb.jpeg.5443726fd9e3d63d4db6b22d7f9d218b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7c9884278b04ef35e0cba6d77afd70c3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.65a7cd2af561d6509c0dc4ab879a850e.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 7

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Have a wonderful trip to Yellowstone!  It should be nice there now.  Take a few photos for us. 

Thanks Sandi!  We love spring in Yellowstone because of all the babies.  The weather this week isn't what I would call nice though, lol.  We'll get snow flurries every day and down into the 20's at night.  Daytime temps won't be bad though, in the 50's.  We're bringing layers!  😉😄  I will definitely post photos.

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks Sandi!  We love spring in Yellowstone because of all the babies.  The weather this week isn't what I would call nice though, lol.  We'll get snow flurries every day and down into the 20's at night.  Daytime temps won't be bad though, in the 50's.  We're bringing layers!  😉😄  I will definitely post photos.

Perhaps I should have said it will be beautiful there now. 😊  More accurate!  We would definitely love to see photos.  Hope it's only snow flurries though.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyites!  I must rush, I'm slow getting started this morning, and I want to get the room organized for our guests later this month, as Pat may be released on Friday, and I don't want him to start trying to do things too soon.  He's likely to lift things he's not allowed to!  The surgeon has told him he is going to be his poster boy for cystectomy!

I am so fed up with this headache!  When I'm home I mainly sit around with a heating pad on my neck and head, but it usually lasts for a month to 6 weeks, so I have a ways to go, and I have so much to do.  Just thinking about it makes the headache worse...

My aunt, my father's sister worked at Bletchley.   I wanted her to tell us about it, but she had signed that oath of secrecy, which didn't expire until after she had died.  We did find her name in the register there.  

I love sweet potatoes.  Regular potatoes I can do without, but of course Pat, being Irish, must have his spuds.   Jacqui, Ivan is a handsome boy!  Our Lab, Trapper, had lipomas, one of which we had to have removed as it was affecting his walking, it was around the size of a chicken  breast, under a front leg.  He was happy to have it gone!   And I think the vet managed a good tooth cleaning while he was out.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3