The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 25th, 2023

richwmn

Hi @Cruzin Terri,

We loved Wernemunde! Did not go into Berlin either, we thought it was too much time wasted getting there.

Instead we took a half day tour into the country side of Germany to a couple of small villages and then had lunch at a winery. It was beautiful.

We were the first ship into the port that season so the town had a street fair so that was fun seeing the local culture including some awesome sand sculptures.

When our ship left they set off fireworks for the start of the cruising season; lots of people and boats in harbor saluting and waving good to us. It was very fun!!!

Your pictures are great, they brought back great memories.

My thanks !

Caron

ETA: Happy Birthday @mamaofami!!

Edited by Cruisercl
  • Like 19

Good morning all!

It's another cloudy morning, but sunshine later like yesterday.  Heading for the low 70's and I have a lot of weeding to do in the back yard.  Mainly pulling more of those invasive weeds -- Debbie @dfishdid you ask your friend what they're called?  The ones you found in your front yard?

I love log cabins -- and Nancy @ottahand7yours is gorgeous!

I don't think I've ever had catfish, but would like to try it, and definitely will celebrate seafarers!

Great quote from Groucho Marx, I would love the meal (without the olives and dill) and would like the drink and love the Marlborough wine -- one that we have regularly.

We were in Mykonos on a Celebrity cruise in 2011 -- love that port, I can't believe it's been so long since we visited.  It's heaven for all cat lovers (I drove my BIL, who was with us, nuts because I stopped to pet all of them).  Photos to follow.

Happy Birthday to Jake's @Crazy For Cats DH Juan!

Prayers for @luvteachingKaren's DH.

Prayers for @Vict0riann Ann's DH Pat.

Prayers for @Seasick Sailor Joy's DH Allen.

Prayers for Terry's @smitty34877 DH and his surgery tomorrow.

Bruce @aliaschief Ouch about your fall!  I hope your knee and head are ok.

Tina @0106 Thank you so much for posting the Beatles video -- I don't know how I missed that, I was a huge Beatles fan.

Our day in Mykonos.  We took a tour to Delos and walked all over Mykonos (mostly petting cats) 🤣

Shoreline of Mykonos

shorelineofMykonos.jpg.58fc9d5bbecfa8bbd08383e22891ad6a.jpg

And the windmills

windmillsinMykonos.jpg.194fdf2f8d66d33e9432b4e9b2e257e7.jpg

We toured to Delos

Ancient temple on the hillside

templeinMykonos.jpg.0548b5f370594f1eff11f1bc8f11db6e.jpg

Mykonoslions.jpg.3c9a4f2bcd4c04ec3a9b287619a57bc1.jpg

We looked down at Delos from the hillside.

Mykonosfromhillside.jpg.707b1d7c066df471959bc063aea2cf4d.jpg

Delos2.jpg.deb75997f30c078470687a9f072f1729.jpg

The holes on this platform are where the feet of the statues stood.

ancientcityofDelos2.jpg.40c7ff3261333f6f2263747402cd0ef9.jpg

We went to the museum in Delos

MuseumofDelos.jpg.9dd02f9d87d0d8adb8f4af2ce24e783b.jpg

Ancient wall mural

wallmural.jpg.c179c2ab8232d1dfff1cd6636580bfbf.jpg

Back in Mykonos and the kitties

pettingmykonoskitty.jpg.69512cfa8b8abffa23e3ca3d4f8ea16c.jpg

Mykonoskitty2.jpg.253d3158be535da0fe457e599fa6bb8d.jpg

Mykonosgreykitty.jpg.32906546e0f28af62d7473d750e1af24.jpg

And I met Petros, the resident celebrity.

Petrospelican.jpg.0fc78ffb9387c05aec858d5832003260.jpg

Gorgeous sunset as we left Mykonos.

Mykonossunset.thumb.jpg.57baee5a6f8871c5bd65b0ecd6a7a71c.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 8

Good hot and sunny afternoon. It’s 81 but the real feel is 101. Way too hot. Thunderstorms are coming this afternoon and again tomorrow.

Happy birthday to Juan @Crazy For Cats. I hope the kids are celebrating with you.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Nice photos. Did you like the Oceania Marina? We sailed on its sister ship the Riveria several times. It was great until we got bored and returned to HAL. I could not keep eating lobster or crab legs or filets or lamb chops, etc everyday! 😀

Hi RNB.This is our 10th Oceania Cruise.  We have been on all the O ships except the Regatta.  We do like the Riviera the best.  So far we have not been bored.  We used to sail exclusively with HAL until they aggravated us two times in a row.  We saw an O Cruise we liked, decided to try it and never looked back.  Sorry you got bored.  The food is good and so far we are happy.

Terri

• Like 19

40 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Hi @Cruzin Terri,

We loved Wernemunde! Did not go into Berlin either, we thought it was too much time wasted getting there.

Instead we took a half day tour into the country side of Germany to a couple of small villages and then had lunch at a winery. It was beautiful.

We were the first ship into the port that season so the town had a street fair so that was fun seeing the local culture including some awesome sand sculptures.

When our ship left they set off fireworks for the start of the cruising season; lots of people and boats in harbor saluting and waving good to us. It was very fun!!!

Your pictures are great, they brought back great memories.

My thanks !

Caron

ETA: Happy Birthday @mamaofami!!

Thanks for the nice comments.

Terri

• Like 11

@Cruzin Terri Terri, just wonderful to hear how much you are enjoying your cruise vacation. Beautiful pictures and places! No more dark cloud overhead!  You went through a lot before this to make it happen, and getting there!  Enjoy it all, enjoy being together!  The Best🎉 🌈

m—

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hi RNB.This is our 10th Oceania Cruise.  We have been on all the O ships except the Regatta.  We do like the Riviera the best.  So far we have not been bored.  We used to sail exclusively with HAL until they aggravated us two times in a row.  We saw an O Cruise we liked, decided to try it and never looked back.  Sorry you got bored.  The food is good and so far we are happy.

Terri

Glad to hear! Our boredom was never due to food, accommodations or ports of call. It was mostly due to late shows and not much activities during the day unless you liked to cook or paint. As far as the Regatta, it was great except on a cruise between Bermuda and Charleston SC we were in 30 ft seas and 75 knot winds for 24 hours. Never made it to Charleston.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Good Afternoon, DH thanks you all for the Well wishes.  @1ANGELCAT if you mean sleeping and ignoring him then yes they are celebrating in typical cat fashion.  
This morning’s errand was to turn in the empty bottles and cans into wine.  I was low on white wine.  Now I’m making afresh batch of mint iced tea.

DH’s sister is busy locating a hotel for tonight and changing their flight until tomorrow.  This was her first cruise and she had lots of fun and wants to do it again.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Happy post noon o"clock Dailyites!  Thanks for all the Mykonos pictures, we will be there in October, with an excursion to Delos. 

So far the meds are a bit weird, anti inflammatory drug makes my heart race a bit, and the muscle relaxer didn't seem to have any affect on me at all.  I slept.  But since being asleep is the only way right now to not feel pain, that was nice.

Best log Cabin I ever saw was the Long Trail Lodge in VT.  We would go here for lunch with my grandparents.  I think it burned down. ??  Because when I would go back north to visit, my Dad never took us there.

Famous-Rustic-Dining-Room-Long-Trail-Lodge-Rutland.jpg

My last stage name was Catfish Brown, so eating them always seemed cannibalistic.  I love salmon any way but raw. 

DH (Catmando) got some bad news last night.  HIs cancer is back.  I hate that docs will send you the medical report, but not provide what to do next, so he will call his oncologist tomorrow, and get an appointment.  He thinks that he will go back on the chemo, that really made him ill for years.  Please keep him in your prayers as he faces this again.  The chemo is a daily pill, and he lost lots of weight on it, but now he thinks skinny looks good, but even his heart doc said he didn't have enough "meat" on him. 

off to shower and shop, what a day!  Britbox is showing the Doctor Blake Mysteries again, which I loved, and am happy to rewatch.  DH is into watching Alone on the History channel. Either way we watch if fine with me.

27-funny-sunday-memes-featured.jpg?fit=800%2C444&ssl=1

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 8

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I like log cabins and there are some very elaborate ones. I'll salute seafarers of course. No to catfish as food, although they keep fish tanks clean. Funny Groucho quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish), maybe on the drink and no to the wine. I've been to Greece, but not Mykonos Island. 

Well, after posting the Cares list this AM, I went back to sleep and it was 9AM when I woke up! I had stayed up late to watch the Maulers (USFL) who are advancing to the finals; the only winning team around here right now. It's warm and humid here. We had rain overnight and more due this evening. I should mow the lawn, but I think it's too wet out still. And I'm lacking in ambition. I saw on my outdoor Blink cameras that I had a visitor around 2AM; a deer. I wonder if I should be concerned about ticks, as PA has the highest incidence of lyme disease? Is there a treatment for the yard? Although it's infrequent that I've seen a deer in my suburban yard. 

@grapau27 Thank you for Fr. David's sermon. I saw it last night as I was on YouTube to see something else and it popped up. And he looks much younger without the beard!

@StLouisCruisers Lovely photos from Mykonos. And thanks for posting Terri's too.

@Crazy For Cats Happy Birthday to Juan! It appears the 3 ships are still waiting to dock at Miami!

@kochleffel Congrats on surviving your retirement celebration.

@smitty34877 Prayers for DH and his medical team tomorrow, that everything goes smoothly. And for you and the family as you go through this journey. I'm glad the power outage was short, that you had your oxygen tanks, and that ConEd checked on you. But sorry about the lack of sleep for you and Tana.

@ottahand7 Beautiful log cabin in an idyllic setting. I hope the toe is better today.

@dfish Enjoy having River with you for the week.

@aliaschief Oh no on your fall, Bruce!  I hope you're ok. Great photos. Enjoy Brugge.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for your photos.

@Cruzin Terri Good to hear that you had an enjoyable day.  I agree that those long tours are not for the faint of heart! Nice photos and you got the spacing to work on the ipad!

@0106 Thanks for the video. Great song!

@Cruising-along Nice photos from Mykonos. 

@marshhawk I do hope the meds start to help. I am so sorry to hear that DH's cancer is back. Prayers that his oncologist can come up with a plan that doesn't make him too ill. 

@luvteaching Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

Prayers for all Dailyites and spouses with health issues; way too many! As well as others on the Care List. And a toast to those with something to Celebrate.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon to all.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for your contributions to this thread.  

@luvteaching I am so sorry things are not turning around for DH.  He and your whole family are in my prayers.

@kazu sorry I missed your special day yesterday.

@smitty34877 prayers for Lou for tomorrow.  

@Vict0riann prayers for Pat

@Seasick Sailor prayers for your DH.

@mamaofami Happy Birthday

Prayers for all who need them.

Cheers for those cruising and celebrating a special occasion.  Sorry if I missed anyone.  The internet is abysmal and I am doing the best I can.

Today we docked in Warnemunde, Germany.  Since Jim and I spent a number of days there in 2019 before our Tauck River Cruise that started in Prague and ended in Budapest, we decided we did not need to make the long trip to Berlin for the day.  It is 3 hours each way.  The tours left at 6:15 this morning and are not due back until 9:30 pm.  That is a long day.  Too long for me and especially DH.  

We first thought we would go to Rostock, but got caught in a mess.  The ship began an emergency test and all services stopped, including the elevators.  So we were stuck on the ship for a while. Then it started to get late.

So when we were able we left the ship and just wandered around Warnemunde.  We took a one-hour harbor tour.  it was nice but the whole commentary was in German.  While DH speaks German, he was having trouble understanding the commentary.  That’s okay.  We enjoyed the scenery.  Then we had lunch in one of the local restaurants along the channel, did some shopping and stopped for ice cream.  Finally made our way back to the ship.  the weather was beautiful and we had an enjoyable day.  As soon as I upload the photos to my iPad i will post some.  

Tomorrow we are in Ronnie (Bornholm Island) Denmark. We have decided to stay on the ship.  We originally wanted to do a ship tour but it was sold out.  We are back there later in the cruise an will do it then.

Stay tuned for some photos.,

Happy Sunday to All and

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, thank you for your pictures from your day in Warnemunde.  We rented a car the day we were there and drove along the coast and to Rostock.  I much prefer Warnemunde to Rostock.  Out first time there was the beginning and ending of a cruise.  When we disembarked, we did a tour that included a train to what was east Berlin, a city and river tour with two nights and a free day in Berlin.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It's another cloudy morning, but sunshine later like yesterday.  Heading for the low 70's and I have a lot of weeding to do in the back yard.  Mainly pulling more of those invasive weeds -- Debbie @dfishdid you ask your friend what they're called?  The ones you found in your front yard?

I don't think I've ever had catfish, but would like to try it, and definitely will celebrate seafarers!

Great quote from Groucho Marx, I would love the meal (without the olives and dill) and would like the drink and love the Marlborough wine -- one that we have regularly.

We were in Mykonos on a Celebrity cruise in 2011 -- love that port, I can't believe it's been so long since we visited.  It's heaven for all cat lovers (I drove my BIL, who was with us, nuts because I stopped to pet all of them).  Photos to follow.

Tina @0106 Thank you so much for posting the Beatles video -- I don't know how I missed that, I was a huge Beatles fan.

Our day in Mykonos.  We took a tour to Delos and walked all over Mykonos (mostly petting cats) 🤣

Shoreline of Mykonos

And the windmills

We toured to Delos

Ancient wall mural

Carolyn, catfish is a fairly mild white fish that can either be breaded, many times with cornmeal and fried or cooked as a fish fillet.  I season our fillets with Old Bay and cook them in the air fryer.

37 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon, DH thanks you all for the Well wishes.  @1ANGELCAT if you mean sleeping and ignoring him then yes they are celebrating in typical cat fashion.  
This morning’s errand was to turn in the empty bottles and cans into wine.  I was low on white wine.  Now I’m making afresh batch of mint iced tea.

DH’s sister is busy locating a hotel for tonight and changing their flight until tomorrow.  This was her first cruise and she had lots of fun and wants to do it again.  

Jake, I'm glad Juan's sister enjoyed her first cruise.  Now, you need to convert her to HAL.

25 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Happy post noon o"clock Dailyites!  Thanks for all the Mykonos pictures, we will be there in October, with an excursion to Delos. 

So far the meds are a bit weird, anti inflammatory drug makes my heart race a bit, and the muscle relaxer didn't seem to have any affect on me at all.  I slept.  But since being asleep is the only way right now to not feel pain, that was nice.

Best log Cabin I ever saw was the Long Trail Lodge in VT.  We would go here for lunch with my grandparents.  I think it burned down. ??  Because when I would go back north to visit, my Dad never took us there.

My last stage name was Catfish Brown, so eating them always seemed cannibalistic.  I love salmon any way but raw. 

DH (Catmando) got some bad news last night.  HIs cancer is back.  I hate that docs will send you the medical report, but not provide what to do next, so he will call his oncologist tomorrow, and get an appointment.  He thinks that he will go back on the chemo, that really made him ill for years.  Please keep him in your prayers as he faces this again.  The chemo is a daily bill, and he lost lots of weight on it, but now he thinks skinny looks good, but even his heart doc said he didn't have enough "meat" on him. 

off to shower and shop, what a day!  Britbox is showing the Doctor Blake Mysteries again, which I loved, and am happy to rewatch.  DH is into watching Alone on the History channel. Either way we watch if fine with me.

Annie, I'm so sorry about Chuck's @catmando cancer return.  I hope they have a newer chemo drug that won't make him so sick, or that there is something they can give him to lessen the side effects.  Sending positive thoughts that it was caught early and can be treated easily with a good outcome.  ((((HUGS)))) to both of you.  Annie, I'm glad you could sleep, and I hope the meds will begin to give you some relief from the pain.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I forgot to say I'm sorry about your ankle and the fall.  I hope you are correct and there was no damage except maybe to your pride.  

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. For some reason I can just not get started this morning beyond walking the dogs. I think it is time to spend a day snoozing and reading.

@marshhawkI am so sorry to hear that Chuck's cancer is back. Seems so many of us have family members with health issues.... or have them ourselves. My prayers for all.

Back in the days when I was doing archaeology work in New Mexico there was a place in Carlsbad that had regular catfish fry on Friday nights. It looked like a real dump but the inside was clean and the catfish was wonderful. Our whole crew ate there regularly and after a few weeks they began to hold a table for us knowing we would be in. Good slaw too. Ah, fond memories.

Off to fix a light lunch and try to get a least one thing accomplished today. Dogs are posted at the patio doors keeping an eye out for activity in the yard, but it looks like our neighbors are having a lazy day too.

Susan

• Like 21

Good morning and thanks all!  
@marshhawk so sorry to hear your news about DH.  Sending prayers and hugs! 
@smitty34877 I am so sorry you ran out of power last night.  The last thing you need!  I m sending prayers for peace and strength for tomorrow!  The waiting is so hard. Agree with both of you on Britbox, will have to checkout Dr Blake. 
@Cruzin Terri glad you are enjoying your cruise!  Lovely photos! 
@aliaschiefyikes, I hope it heals quickly! Bruges is so gorgeous, you may have to console yourself with chocolate and Kriek

@Crazy For Catshappy birthday to your DH! 
@ottahand7your cabin is a dream! 

I will share some alternative photos of Mykonos

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_2943.jpeg

IMG_2942.jpeg

IMG_2941.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to Mykonos twice.  In 2003, we were there on the old Regal Princess as part of the mystery cruise.  We rented a car and drove around most of the island.  In 2016, we were there on the Prinsendam and just walked around town. Today's picrtures are a combination from both visits.  After going to Santorini twice, we decided we like Mykonos better.

A couple more pictures of the iconic windmills on Mykonos.

IMG_3228.thumb.JPG.f0d4fa7cbabf9c1973afb0180c2c8351.JPG

DSC08104.thumb.JPG.38091fc65ac0b1a6d8b6dd3b12aceb0e.JPG

Outside the town

IMG_3218.thumb.JPG.f0836b04f7ec578ebf9f87c648511294.JPG

IMG_3220.thumb.JPG.be47e5824562d584adb09eefd788c327.JPG

IMG_3224.thumb.JPG.14c09f48d1cb7098a2a68cfd18e1ebc5.JPG

IMG_3220.thumb.JPG.be47e5824562d584adb09eefd788c327.JPG

For the Garden Club

IMG_3219.thumb.JPG.6262b3d96c5b913f405fa990a587b21b.JPG

Back in town, Paraportiani Orthodox church on the waterfront

DSC08092.thumb.JPG.20c20ed26df09315d376994f084c2065.JPG

Some of the back streets in townDSC08107.thumb.JPG.d5a18fed7bacf9dffba1af3ad470932a.JPG

DSC08096.thumb.JPG.9da17762ade7dff5e5b098528d3ac246.JPG

DSC08098.thumb.JPG.a091017dc8fc7ca8962f1d3fe5ff7ccf.JPG

DSC08099.thumb.JPG.c5fdc9338059d52f7a2f5e2296d1e27b.JPG

DSC08105.thumb.JPG.af0fc18c901acaf91cb465d1580db30d.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

Mykonos from the ship

IMG_3204.thumb.JPG.ca70de845bab238f5605c1e919054041.JPG

Lenda

Super photos of a lovely port Lenda.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and Happy Sunday from Tucson where it is 98F expected to reach 107F with 7% humidity. 

I have been having problems with my iPhone loading and downloading so I haven’t been able to watch today’s sermon Graham @grapau27 but just did an update and things seem a bit better. Thank you for always posting it Graham.  Might be time to get an updated phone. 

I was able to watch the Beatles video Tina @0106 thank you. I believe I’ve seen it before and it brought back memories. 

We just spent a week in a cabin and technically it’s not a log cabin but feels like one. 

I like catfish but haven’t had any good eating out since the old Po Boy’s closed in the 90’s. I loved their whole cornmeal crusted fried catfish. It’s hard to find here but our local butcher usually has it in their freezer. The salmon looks good, especially the second recipe Debbie @dfish — thank you for your recipes. 

Wow, all the lovely pictures of Mykonos make me want to book a Greek cruise. Thank you to everyone for sharing pictures. 

Terri @Cruzin Terri — your cruise sounds and looks wonderful. I’m enjoying all your pictures when you can post them. It’s nice you are repeating ports so you can visit different areas each time. 

Bruce @aliaschief — ouch on your ankle and fall. I hope you are not limping for long. Get better!

Annie @marshhawk, oh my on Chuck’s diagnosis. Prayers for @catmando and his treatment plan. 

Terry @smitty34877 — prayers and thoughts for your DH’s surgery tomorrow. I’ve been impressed with how you both and your family are approaching this with grace, humor and patience.  It sounds like it will be a long day tomorrow but try to check in so we know how he is doing. Do you know how long he will be hospitalized?  And when the after surgery treatments start?  Sorry if you have said already but I missed it if you did. I remember you saying his birthday is the 30th though. 

Prayers to all on the care list.  Especially @luvteaching — prayers for DH’s comfort and you and your family as you navigate this difficult time.  Joy @Seasick Sailor — thinking of Alan.  Prayers for Ann @Vict0riann’s DH. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

DH (Catmando) got some bad news last night.  HIs cancer is back.  I hate that docs will send you the medical report, but not provide what to do next, so he will call his oncologist tomorrow, and get an appointment.  He thinks that he will go back on the chemo, that really made him ill for years.  Please keep him in your prayers as he faces this again.  The chemo is a daily pill, and he lost lots of weight on it, but now he thinks skinny looks good, but even his heart doc said he didn't have enough "meat" on him. 

Annie @marshhawk.

I'm so sorry to hear Chuck's cancer has returned.

I so hope it can be successfully treated.

Prayers 🙏.

Graham.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Shoreline of Mykonos

And the windmills

We toured to Delos

Ancient wall mural

Nice photos.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Local update re Port of Miami. Early this morning a small private vessel hit the Fisher Island ferry resulting in one death and one serious injury. Investigation is currently still ongoing and channel remains closed to boat traffic. Those ships that entered the port before the "accident " are not able to leave until clearance is given.

Another of the only in Miami incidents. Especially for those outside the port currently experiencing thunderstorms. I can't imagine trying to rearrange flights etc and parking at the port is crazy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 14