The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 25th, 2023

richwmn

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

@Cruzin Terri Terri, just wonderful to hear how much you are enjoying your cruise vacation. Beautiful pictures and places! No more dark cloud overhead!  You went through a lot before this to make it happen, and getting there!  Enjoy it all, enjoy being together!  The Best🎉 🌈

m—

Thank you for the nice comments.  It really does feel good to have things finally calm down.  i just don’t even want to think about home at this point.

Terri

• Like 15

So many Dailyites DHs with serious health issues. Prayers for all of them.

Prayers and comfort for all with medical or other issues.

Joy to those with something to celebrate. Happy birthday to this past week's birthday folks.

• Like 18

56 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Local update re Port of Miami. Early this morning a small private vessel hit the Fisher Island ferry resulting in one death and one serious injury. Investigation is currently still ongoing and channel remains closed to boat traffic. Those ships that entered the port before the "accident " are not able to leave until clearance is given.

Another of the only in Miami incidents. Especially for those outside the port currently experiencing thunderstorms. I can't imagine trying to rearrange flights etc and parking at the port is crazy!

Thanks. Here’s an article from the Miami Herald.

• Like 7

In case anyone wonders the beach at the end of Father Davids sermon on you tube is Ryhope beach which is approximately 800 metres from our church.

Pauline,her brother and her friends when she was a child used to go to this beach which was about a mile and a half from her mam and dad's house.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you Sandi.

Terri

You're welcome Terri.  I'm glad you were okay with it.🙂

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We had a nice private excursion from our Port of call Honfleur, France. We saw the great sea wall in Etratat. Then it  was off to Fecamp where we toured the great Palace where Benedictine monks made the first Benedictine Liquor. Though the monks left during the Revolution the distillery still produces a million bottles a year of which 95% is exported. Never had it before. Very sweet. Palace itself was beautiful.

Had lunch with a great view and my seafood salad was scrumptious.

My weak ankle turned last night while walking down stairs and I went flying. Fortunately I was on last step but I ended banging my head on the elevator and this morning my knee is giving me trouble. I was lucky as I really banged my head pretty hard. Made it through the day but limping.

Tomorrow Brugge.

Thanks for the report and postings. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.25c49b2985e316b1b21a7692ba9a7795.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.87f67d6fdeb7ab6aabc039500b27a86f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d119713ba14d3abfe28931cafa849129.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.976c7544404556c916aa8e041ae16f43.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.58bc100169a3e5a247c7755eaf9c575b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d969c869b2bd41365f701741472cce77.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9459ee053512a2cb0bcef84f4b0f8943.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b096e27d135e44994fde637a0eae7ea3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f23a219f3d1d953011ea6f2d7c969cbc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9d7853702a2efb327b49f83fbfb1ece5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4bab605b50784f49e1ae3835d013fb9b.jpegqimage.thumb.jpeg.25c49b2985e316b1b21a7692ba9a7795.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for the nice photos from your tour today.  I'm sorry to hear about your fall yesterday.  Bad enough about the ankle, an your now painful knee, and I hope your head is okay!  Hitting an elevator sounds painful.  At least when I fell at the bottom of the stairs my head hit drywall and made a little dent so no damage to me thankfully.  Have a good time in beautiful Brugge!

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon to all.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie and Ann for your contributions to this thread.  

@luvteaching I am so sorry things are not turning around for DH.  He and your whole family are in my prayers.

@kazu sorry I missed your special day yesterday.

@smitty34877 prayers for Lou for tomorrow.  

@Vict0riann prayers for Pat

@Seasick Sailor prayers for your DH.

@mamaofami Happy Birthday

Prayers for all who need them.

Cheers for those cruising and celebrating a special occasion.  Sorry if I missed anyone.  The internet is abysmal and I am doing the best I can.

Today we docked in Warnemunde, Germany.  Since Jim and I spent a number of days there in 2019 before our Tauck River Cruise that started in Prague and ended in Budapest, we decided we did not need to make the long trip to Berlin for the day.  It is 3 hours each way.  The tours left at 6:15 this morning and are not due back until 9:30 pm.  That is a long day.  Too long for me and especially DH.  

We first thought we would go to Rostock, but got caught in a mess.  The ship began an emergency test and all services stopped, including the elevators.  So we were stuck on the ship for a while. Then it started to get late.

So when we were able we left the ship and just wandered around Warnemunde.  We took a one-hour harbor tour.  it was nice but the whole commentary was in German.  While DH speaks German, he was having trouble understanding the commentary.  That’s okay.  We enjoyed the scenery.  Then we had lunch in one of the local restaurants along the channel, did some shopping and stopped for ice cream.  Finally made our way back to the ship.  the weather was beautiful and we had an enjoyable day.  As soon as I upload the photos to my iPad i will post some.  

Tomorrow we are in Ronnie (Bornholm Island) Denmark. We have decided to stay on the ship.  We originally wanted to do a ship tour but it was sold out.  We are back there later in the cruise an will do it then.

Stay tuned for some photos.,

Happy Sunday to All and

God Bless,

Terri

Thanks for the discussion of Warnemunde today.  Also the photos!  I finally get to see Warnemunde next year after missing it years ago due to bad weather.  It looks nice!

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to Mykonos twice.  In 2003, we were there on the old Regal Princess as part of the mystery cruise.  We rented a car and drove around most of the island.  In 2016, we were there on the Prinsendam and just walked around town. Today's picrtures are a combination from both visits.  After going to Santorini twice, we decided we like Mykonos better.

A couple more pictures of the iconic windmills on Mykonos.

IMG_3228.thumb.JPG.f0d4fa7cbabf9c1973afb0180c2c8351.JPG

DSC08104.thumb.JPG.38091fc65ac0b1a6d8b6dd3b12aceb0e.JPG

Outside the town

IMG_3218.thumb.JPG.f0836b04f7ec578ebf9f87c648511294.JPG

IMG_3220.thumb.JPG.be47e5824562d584adb09eefd788c327.JPG

IMG_3224.thumb.JPG.14c09f48d1cb7098a2a68cfd18e1ebc5.JPG

IMG_3220.thumb.JPG.be47e5824562d584adb09eefd788c327.JPG

For the Garden Club

IMG_3219.thumb.JPG.6262b3d96c5b913f405fa990a587b21b.JPG

Back in town, Paraportiani Orthodox church on the waterfront

DSC08092.thumb.JPG.20c20ed26df09315d376994f084c2065.JPG

Some of the back streets in townDSC08107.thumb.JPG.d5a18fed7bacf9dffba1af3ad470932a.JPG

DSC08096.thumb.JPG.9da17762ade7dff5e5b098528d3ac246.JPG

DSC08098.thumb.JPG.a091017dc8fc7ca8962f1d3fe5ff7ccf.JPG

DSC08099.thumb.JPG.c5fdc9338059d52f7a2f5e2296d1e27b.JPG

DSC08105.thumb.JPG.af0fc18c901acaf91cb465d1580db30d.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

Mykonos from the ship

IMG_3204.thumb.JPG.ca70de845bab238f5605c1e919054041.JPG

Lenda

Thanks for your photos today of Mykonos.  And thanks to everyone else who posted today.  Amazing how blue the sky is in Greece, isn't it?

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Happy post noon o"clock Dailyites!  Thanks for all the Mykonos pictures, we will be there in October, with an excursion to Delos. 

So far the meds are a bit weird, anti inflammatory drug makes my heart race a bit, and the muscle relaxer didn't seem to have any affect on me at all.  I slept.  But since being asleep is the only way right now to not feel pain, that was nice.

Best log Cabin I ever saw was the Long Trail Lodge in VT.  We would go here for lunch with my grandparents.  I think it burned down. ??  Because when I would go back north to visit, my Dad never took us there.

Famous-Rustic-Dining-Room-Long-Trail-Lodge-Rutland.jpg

My last stage name was Catfish Brown, so eating them always seemed cannibalistic.  I love salmon any way but raw. 

DH (Catmando) got some bad news last night.  HIs cancer is back.  I hate that docs will send you the medical report, but not provide what to do next, so he will call his oncologist tomorrow, and get an appointment.  He thinks that he will go back on the chemo, that really made him ill for years.  Please keep him in your prayers as he faces this again.  The chemo is a daily pill, and he lost lots of weight on it, but now he thinks skinny looks good, but even his heart doc said he didn't have enough "meat" on him. 

off to shower and shop, what a day!  Britbox is showing the Doctor Blake Mysteries again, which I loved, and am happy to rewatch.  DH is into watching Alone on the History channel. Either way we watch if fine with me.

27-funny-sunday-memes-featured.jpg?fit=800%2C444&ssl=1

Annie, prayers for Chuck @catmando as he deals with starting treatment again.  I'm so sorry to hear the news, and hope they can find a chemo that doesn't make him so sick.  Or at least can treat the nausea and weight loss.  

Extra prayers this evening for Chuck, Lou, Allen, Pat, and Karen's DH (I'm sorry I don't have his name).🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, everyone!

@marshhawk I, too, am sorry to hear of Chuck's @catmando's diagnosis.  Chuck, we all are sending healing vibes your way for an easy and successful treatment.  

@smitty34877 We will all be holding you close tomorrow as Lou undergoes surgery.  When you need to, remember we are with you in spirit and lean back and feel us embrace you.  

@Cruising-along The things we found in the front yard are weeds that get really stinky.  Scott said to mow them down and he'd treat for them.

We went out early this morning and walked the gardens.  The roses were in full bloom and absolutely gorgeous.  We went over to the children's garden and River had fun walking through it.  They have a small castle like structure there for the kids.  Some pig of a person left a dirty diaper up there. There are trash cans all over the place.  What is wrong with people?   

After that we went over to the canopy walk and the playground.  River had fun walking in the river in the playground. That is the attraction most of the kids are interested in.  

Finally, it got too hot for us old folks, so we came home and had lunch.  It was threatening rain, so we hunkered down and watched Mary Poppins.   It made for a lovely afternoon as the rain poured down.  

As a Garden Club Cheerleader, I want to share some pictures of the roses.

IMG_2429.thumb.jpg.d4515d5169095d8f01825dc3e6a36c07.jpg

IMG_2431.thumb.jpg.049a52d6ef63bb0bd8cd6ce5554c33e8.jpg

IMG_2430.thumb.jpg.8ead69caea45d7dd32f2f84f52220fc1.jpg

IMG_2432.thumb.jpg.911f656c05a72802b26c30bb76929a8b.jpg

IMG_2433.thumb.jpg.7e12ce4f729f7e82b8bea0a71a39170d.jpg

Edited by dfish
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Good Afternoon from sunny Washington State.  We have a log cabin on four acres that my aunt and uncle built in 1931.  Thought I would show what one looks like on the inside.  Some years ago I was renting it to a single man and he mentioned how warm it was.  I mentioned that it wasn't well insulated; how could it be warm?  He said "You don't understand.  It is the warm feeling I have when I am in it."  It is presently rented to a Coast Guard couple.P1010333.thumb.JPG.b2cee5cc2ee1c221f3100433798717d8.JPG13-DSCF6810.thumb.jpg.8ac567695df648c37dd72411d09a5645.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Super photos of a lovely port Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

In case anyone wonders the beach at the end of Father Davids sermon on you tube is Ryhope beach which is approximately 800 metres from our church.

Pauline,her brother and her friends when she was a child used to go to this beach which was about a mile and a half from her mam and dad's house.

Thanks for the interesting information about the beach.

34 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon, everyone!

@marshhawk I, too, am sorry to hear of Chuck's @catmando's diagnosis.  Chuck, we all are sending healing vibes your way for an easy and successful treatment.  

@smitty34877 We will all be holding you close tomorrow as Lou undergoes surgery.  When you need to, remember we are with you in spirit and lean back and feel us embrace you.  

@Cruising-along The things we found in the front yard are weeds that get really stinky.  Scott said to mow them down and he'd treat for them.

We went out early this morning and walked the gardens.  The roses were in full bloom and absolutely gorgeous.  We went over to the children's garden and River had fun walking through it.  They have a small castle like structure there for the kids.  Some pig of a person left a dirty diaper up there. There are trash cans all over the place.  What is wrong with people?   

After that we went over to the canopy walk and the playground.  River had fun walking in the river in the playground. That is the attraction most of the kids are interested in.  

Finally, it got too hot for us old folks, so we came home and had lunch.  It was threatening rain, so we hunkered down and watched Mary Poppins.   It made for a lovely afternoon as the rain poured down.  

As a Garden Club Cheerleader, I want to share some pictures of the roses.

IMG_2429.thumb.jpg.d4515d5169095d8f01825dc3e6a36c07.jpg

IMG_2431.thumb.jpg.049a52d6ef63bb0bd8cd6ce5554c33e8.jpg

IMG_2430.thumb.jpg.8ead69caea45d7dd32f2f84f52220fc1.jpg

IMG_2432.thumb.jpg.911f656c05a72802b26c30bb76929a8b.jpg

IMG_2433.thumb.jpg.7e12ce4f729f7e82b8bea0a71a39170d.jpg

Debbie, it sounds like you had a full morning, and I'm glad River had a good time.  Yuck to the dirty diaper.  I'm glad you had a quiet, relaxing afternoon.  Thanks for the flower pictures.  The roses are beautiful.

17 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

DaVinci and Mona Lisa have arrived.

Paul, I'm glad DaVinci and Mona Lisa have finally arrived.  I know they will enjoy their new home.

Terri, @Cruzin Terri thanks for the beautiful sunset.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

https://youtu.be/8bW5yRyOyU0

Sharon @Sharon in AZ.

I hope this works for you.

Graham 

Thank you Graham. I’m going to check after my nap. Those who know me know that I need my nap time. I’m hoping that the update helps. 

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@Sharon in AZ,  thank you very much for your lovely words. Lou will probably be hospitalized for a week. The HIPEC used during surgery has numerous side effects and monitoring is needed.The traditional chemo will start at 8 weeks.

Sounds like a long haul. Prayers and good thoughts are with him and your family. 

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

A sunset over Warnemunde, Germany.

Couldn’t pass this up.

IMG_3189.jpeg

Wow Terri, amazing pictures!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

We haven't heard from either @luvteaching or @Vict0riann so far today.  I pray that no news is relatively good news.  Prayers also for @catmando as he faces a new round of chemo and @marshhawk seeking relief from pain.  Wishing @smitty34877 a safe and not too difficult surgery tomorrow, along with several other dailyites facing challenges.

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon (it's almost evening!), thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily! I love log cabins - the most beautiful one I've ever seen was near Flathead Lake in Montana, nestled deep in the woods.  I'm not a fan of catfish, it's just okay, so I'll give my share to anyone else who would like it. Thankful for all the Seafarers out there.

Seriously late to the party today - our company is quite time consuming.  It began with breakfast (pancakes, bacon, fruit salad, strawberries and whipped cream), then the clean-up as they had to head to the hospital early to get a decent parking space.  Our friend was given a day pass, as his surgical procedure isn't until tomorrow, so they thought it best to bring him back to our house  . . . wasn't planning on making lunch, but that plan was changed rather quickly.  I made up a big chef's salad with everything I had in the fridge and more, including sliced ham, chicken breast, hard boiled eggs, etc., and crusty buns on the side.  It was too hot to eat on the deck (we're currently sitting at +32C 89F), so we set up a folding table to eat out in the pergola in the shade with a bit of a breeze.    Now they've returned to the hospital and are expected back in an hour or so.

So many people to pray for - just grateful we aren't on the list as well.  

@smitty34877prayers for you, your family, DH and his surgical team for tomorrow; will keep you all in my heart.

@Seasick Sailorhoping Allen is perking up or will be very soon!

@marshhawkI'm sorry to hear cancer has returned for Chuck; will keep both of you in my prayers, knowing the road ahead may be a bumpy one.

@luvteachingextra prayers for you, your DH and those who love your DH so much; hope you get to spend more quality time together.

I'm sure I'm forgetting to list some, but know you're all in my prayers for better days ahead.

@Crazy For Cats wishing your DH a very Happy Birthday!

@aliaschief sorry to hear of your fall - it's awful when you have an ankle or knee that gives out when you least expect it.  I was wondering more about your head hitting the elevator than your knee or ankle!

@ottahand7Love, love, love your cabin!  Although in my mind, it's a house.

@USN59-79 love the inside of your cabin - it does give off warm, cozy vibes.

@kochleffelso glad your kitties have arrived; I'm sure they're going to love living with you.  Please post photos when you can; I'd love to see them!

@Cruzin Terri we've been to Warnemunde and although it was nice, DH's daughter and I took the train to Rostock where we spent the day shopping, dining and beverage tasting - good memories!

We've been to Mykonos a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed our visits - lots of cute little shops to explore, but like @Cruising-along, I spent a good deal of time saying hello to the kitties.  Best was sitting at a lovely beachfront restaurant enjoying a beer and delicious Greek salad.

I'm going to pass on making the salmon today because I've been asked to cook salmon for our friends tomorrow.  Tonight we've got leftovers from our lovely Greek meal that our friends took us for last night.  Two of us have mezethaki, one had beef frajolaki and the other has chicken souvlaki to finish off.  Because it's so warm on the deck, we'll be seated at the table out in the pergola to enjoy our dinners.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Thanks, Roy.  I’ve read today, and although we didn’t go to church, I listened to Father David, which has to count.  Then we went to brunch with my cousin and her husband.  I’m allowing Pat one social activity a day, and then we came home for a nap!  Things seem to be going alright, Monday is lab work for Pat and on Tuesday I have an appointment to see about this stupid headache, coming up to two months on that.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 12

@marshhawk and @catmando  You have a lot to deal with!  Blessings for the right paths for each of you, one step at a time….  we’ll be with you! ❤️‍🩹

Smitty, praying for Amazing!🌈

@luvteaching holding you in our hearts ❤️ 

@Vict0riann glad you had a good outing. 

@ger_77 Hope all goes well tomorrow. Your friends are very blessed with your care. Hope you and DH can rest up a bit in between. 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

so glad your kitties have arrived; I'm sure they're going to love living with you.  Please post photos when you can; I'd love to see them!

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm glad DaVinci and Mona Lisa have finally arrived.  I know they will enjoy their new home.

So far they are only hiding. Maybe they enjoy that -- Fergus liked to hide, and would fall asleep and forget that he was hiding. So no photos yet.

As I was returning to the car for DaVinci, after bringing Mona Lisa in, I fell on my face. Only very minor injuries and I didn't break my nose or my glasses, but I think there will be conspicuous bruising tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

@kochleffelso sorry to hear about your fall. I hope that tomorrow is less painful.  I see i'm not the only one who want pictures of the new fur babies.

To all of you,many thanks for your friendship and caring.  I talk about my Daily friends to everyone I know.  You have held me together when many times, life was tearing me apart.  I know you all feel the same way about being here.

@Vict0riann Your day sounded fun, and please no one should have a headache longer than 30 minutes.  It might be stress, are you grinding your teeth at night? Get thee to a doc!

@luvteachingPrayers being sent your way.

We went out to dinner for BBQ tonight.  I asked DH to check weather on his phone on the way there.  It was hot, and getting cloudy.  Way too hot. 90.  Weather said 30% chance of rain at 8 tonight.  We went at 5, and at the end of dinner I looked out the window and saw a dark cloud approaching the area.  Within 5 minutes we had rain, and wind !  what a wind taking the rain sideways. We waited until it abated and ran to the car.  Chuck said check the temps, because it felt cold.  The temp had changed from 90 to 65 in one hour.

The problem with my drugs, no pain medication.  So I may be dopey right now, but a dope in pain.

93531-Good-Night.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 14

Quick update - DH is still with us. He was not alert today at all - just sleeping. I'm beat tonight so will update in the morning. If I don't get a call during the night I'll be back at the hospital by 9:00 to stay with him. 

Thank you everyone!!

Karen

• Like 5
  • Thanks 19