The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 22nd, 2023

richwmn

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

And thanks to Vanessa, Tina, Ann & Dixie.

Interesting collection of days.  I’ll try to be an angel today (no guarantees).  Tooth fairy was a fun childhood belief while it lasted.  Thank heavens we don’t have to worry about hoodies yet.

IMG_0862.thumb.jpeg.2d3a03693feba7b5df83814915ce3ba9.jpeg

I like the C.S. Lewis quote and yum on the shrimp salad.  It beats this meal for sure:

IMG_0799.jpeg.daa1dcbc349b729ab04f917351201d06.jpeg

Busy day yesterday - I am getting tired of the word insurance but the foolishness continues.  they keep asking and I keep getting for one and fighting the other.  On the bright side,  I used up my left over rhubarb and made my first ever rhubarb jam.  No pectin needed with this method as rhubarb has some.  For those worried about sugar in jam, I discovered something interesting - if you don’t use pectin, you use less sugar.  I learn something new every day.

IMG_0800.jpeg.bd8b4ae37830d2e0010a61cfd612b23d.jpeg

My retired contractor is coming over to see if he can solve a problem for me, bless him.  At least if he breaks it, he knows how to replace it 😉 

Happy anniversary Pauline & Graham!

And a very happy birthday to @superoma

IMG_3615.jpeg.7884e598c8a6d219b2b2cc08889125cc.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues and worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

IMG_0865.jpeg.090022434f094f8a8186cb39686ee241.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning. @grapau27 Graham and Pauline Happy Anniversary!🍾💐

Other than  Doctor’s appointment I have no other plans for today. We’ll see.

We had shrimp enchiladas last night so there will be no shrimp tonight. 
The old mind is fairly blank this morning so will just say thanks for the Fleet and Care Report and other featured post. Have a great day. Bruce

image.jpeg.80cb7a71847434ad8f4f24d77852a995.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2a020be1a0262dea65c075fb756a0e84.jpegimage.jpeg.c304fd4f61cb74100168fd68d2c80a94.jpegimage.jpeg.b4864f27fe2e35eeed5e98d52ecbfdd4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.69886edd3917f4d78a4024b343bf5abe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.854681b2706e91754d27a65dfdea9c34.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Good morning. Halibut Cove looks very beautiful to me, thank you Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser for the pictures. It is cooler here today and only going to 80 or so. We have occasional angels here and on the Daily but it is a difficult role to maintain. I think the recipe will be saved for another day but it certainly sounds good. Dinner tonight will be oven BBQ chicken and potato salad.

The Hospice nurse and the visiting nurse for DH we’re here at the same time yesterday. They knew each other from prior workplaces. It can be such a small world.

@aliaschief, condolences on the passing of your BIL. It is always hard,even when expected.

@ger_77, I hope your DH has been feeling ok while waiting for the pacemaker to be implanted. Also, your productivity with yarn is amazing!

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I am so sorry those horrid mosquitoes were able to penetrate your compression socks. I hope today is less itchy. Thank you for all the work done with our lists.

Today I am planning an “escape” to the grocery store. It will be nice to see some other faces and get away for a while. 
Take care everyone

• Like 28

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Nice collection of days we have.  I like the quote although sometimes I just want the book to end already.  The meal and drink suggestions sound good.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Happy anniversary to @grapau27 and his lovely wife!  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events! 🥂

Edited by Mr. Boston
  • Like 23

6 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

The old mind is fairly blank this morning so will just say thanks for the Fleet and Care Report and other featured post. Have a great day. Bruce

image.jpeg.80cb7a71847434ad8f4f24d77852a995.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2a020be1a0262dea65c075fb756a0e84.jpegimage.jpeg.c304fd4f61cb74100168fd68d2c80a94.jpegimage.jpeg.b4864f27fe2e35eeed5e98d52ecbfdd4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.69886edd3917f4d78a4024b343bf5abe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.854681b2706e91754d27a65dfdea9c34.jpeg

Thank you Bruce.

I love your funny memes every day.

• Like 14

In 2010 I was one of the very last passengers to leave a Cruise West ship before the line went our of business.  I got to the ship by train and ferry.  On August 22, 2010, the sun came up as the Canadian was in Eastern Manitoba closing in on Winnipeg.

IMG_2525.thumb.JPG.cf3d00665beacc72b8f88

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery

Aliaschief’s BIL Don passing yesterday

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

Smitty34877’s DH Lou struggling with eating

RMLincoln’s fire captain/team transport of Susan from NM to CA, then returning to NM

Those in the path of Hurricane Hilary and wildfires

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina town gone

Canadian/US/Greek wildfires, especially Yellowknife, Kelowna and WA state

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia

Tana’s pulmonary issues

1Angelcat’s friend Barb recovering from surgery for pancreatic cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Grapau27 (Graham) and Pauline’s 42nd Wedding Anniversary!

Superoma’s DH’s Birthday!

Baby Murphy progressing, hoping to wean ventilator this weekend

DeniseT, Congrats on successfully defending your dissertation proposal!

RMLincoln settling plans for their future living situation

Cruising sister on a spa retreat

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for HAL4NOW (Zaandam Aug 23 to Sept 13, B2B)

4 days for Oceansaway17 (Grand Princess Aug 26 to Sept 😎

5 days for Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse Aug 27 to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday

Dfish (Zaandam to Aug 23), StLouisCruisers (Zaandam to Aug 23), NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25) and Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Aug 26)

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline.  You're a beautiful couple! 🥂

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends and Happy wedding anniversary to Graham @grapau27 and Pauline!!  I hope you have many more to come. 

We are on US time now and due to arrive in Bar Harbor by 9 am. DH and I will be going to breakfast before long but I have time to post that our port of Halibut Point, Alaska is brand new!  We have no links to refer back to and I have not been there so no photos from me. Hopefully we will see some later. I will be back to post something later when we get back to our room. This typing on my phone is for the birds!  😂

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27  Happy Anniversary  to you and Pauline!  🍾🎂

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

@grapau27 A very Happy Anniversary yo you and your beautiful bride.  May you  have many more! 

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

A very Happy Anniversary to Graham and Pauline ! @grapau27!

I hope you have a great celebration and hopefully a nice meal out.

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! Another lovely start to the day. Yesterday was our third day without a drop of rain. 🤔 Very unusual for Summer here. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping our lists. Gym, Bindi walks, chores and my final prep of my AmVets donation. Ooh and since no rain is expected today - I should get some pool time in today, too!

IMG_1664.jpeg.0f22dd271d23b028f584fe499e2ee712.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg.15b8011a4108b6f3e21732b2ad4a8b1b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @aliaschief

Bruce, my prayers are with you, Sue and your entire family.

Cheers to all who are celebrating- that means you @grapau27 

Happy Anniversary Graham & Pauline!

Get well & stay well everyone!

Wine & Soul - Pintas Character Red 2019

This red blend from Portugal sounds lovely, and I would love a taste. And what a blend - more than 30 different grapes! Available from a decent number of distributors with prices starting at $37.90.

Winemaker Notes

Very impressive on the nose, with sleek pure notes of plum, blackberry, and black cherry with subtle spicy notes. Very fine texture and concentration with refined tannins, beautiful long finish.

WW93 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
The 2019 Wine & Soul Pintas Character Red Wine impresses with power and style. This wine excels with aromas and flavors of black fruit, earth, and dust. Pair its elegant richness with a slice of rare prime rib. 
RP92 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2019 Pintas Character is a field blend (over 30 grapes, but the majority are Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz and Touriga Nacional) from old vines aged for 18 months in 90% used French oak. As always, the Pintas Character is not quite as powerful or as concentrated as its big brother, Pintas, but this easygoing red has more going on than seems apparent on first pour. Coming back to this after half an hour helped a lot. At that point, it showed off its structure. It features ripe tannins but a firm finish. Then, the fruit also evolved, becoming very expressive. Both approachable and serious, this year's version of Character should age pretty well. It is drinking decently now, but it can still improve over the next few years. It does need to demonstrate it can do that, but it's so appealing today that it's worth leaning up for the moment.
JS92 James Suckling

This has aromas of blackberries, cracked pepper, tobacco and blackcurrant leaves. Chewy and dark-fruited with a full body and firm tannins. Inky quality. Better after 2024.

WE90 Wine Enthusiast

Acting as a second wine for the producer’s Pintas, this bottling has a softer aspect at this young stage. It is juicy, with ripe blackberry fruits and good acidity that cuts through the tannins. Drink

1 hour ago, Denise T said:

Good morning. It is a beautiful cool morning today. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. Yes, to the shrimp taco salad. I will be in the office today, but it will not be a long day. Hope to come home and take Fancy out for a nice long walk. 

Happy anniversary @grapau27

Thinking of all on the care list today. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for Tuesday cat memes

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@grapau27  Wishing you and Pauline a very HAPPY 42nd ANNIVERSARY, and many more happy years together.

Anniversary.jpg.1c2bd97c17f4f09de587d9762516d369.jpg

Lenda

28 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich.

And thanks to Vanessa, Tina, Ann & Dixie.

Interesting collection of days.  I’ll try to be an angel today (no guarantees).  Tooth fairy was a fun childhood belief while it lasted.  Thank heavens we don’t have to worry about hoodies yet.

IMG_0862.thumb.jpeg.2d3a03693feba7b5df83814915ce3ba9.jpeg

I like the C.S. Lewis quote and yum on the shrimp salad.  It beats this meal for sure:

IMG_0799.jpeg.daa1dcbc349b729ab04f917351201d06.jpeg

Busy day yesterday - I am getting tired of the word insurance but the foolishness continues.  they keep asking and I keep getting for one and fighting the other.  On the bright side,  I used up my left over rhubarb and made my first ever rhubarb jam.  No pectin needed with this method as rhubarb has some.  For those worried about sugar in jam, I discovered something interesting - if you don’t use pectin, you use less sugar.  I learn something new every day.

IMG_0800.jpeg.bd8b4ae37830d2e0010a61cfd612b23d.jpeg

My retired contractor is coming over to see if he can solve a problem for me, bless him.  At least if he breaks it, he knows how to replace it 😉 

Happy anniversary Pauline & Graham!

And a very happy birthday to @superoma

IMG_3615.jpeg.7884e598c8a6d219b2b2cc08889125cc.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues and worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

IMG_0865.jpeg.090022434f094f8a8186cb39686ee241.jpeg

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

19 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

19 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good beautiful cool and sunny morning. It’s going up to 80 today and tomorrow then rain on Thursday. 
Happy 42nd anniversary @grapau27, I wish you a cruise to celebrate 🎉 

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Nice collection of days we have.  I like the quote although sometimes I just want the book to end already.  The meal and drink suggestions sound good.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Happy anniversary to @grapau27 and his lovely wife!  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events! 🥂

Pauline and I would like to thank all of you who have sent wedding anniversary wishes to us.

Pauline is at work today but we will celebrate tomorrow.

Lots of love and hugs to you all.

Pauline xx and Graham xx

Screenshot_20230822_134356.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

A very Happy Anniversary to Pauline and Graham @grapau27 what a great day for you to remember and look ahead. There are never enough anniversaries!  🍾 Lovely photo of the happy bride and groom!  

Happy Hoodie Hoo Day when the sun comes up for our friends in the South. Tell us more….

Tina, I love shrimp and all those Mexican flavors and textures!  Those dishes look perfect for a summer supper. Or anytime for me.  Thank you! 

Nancy @ottahand7 I’m so sorry for your loss of Frank and the community’s loss. How is Frank’s wife?  It must be overwhelmingly hard. 

Terry (no blue bubble😕) hoping the nurses have some suggestions on nutrition for Lou. That would help you both!  

I’ve been sending weather maps and routing updates to the team taking Susan to CA but haven’t heard of an arrival yet, hopefully later this morning. The picture they sent of her nestled in the RV bed showed some “medical items” that indicate some of why she couldn’t fly at this point plus just too weak.  She is a retired OR nurse of many decades and has been a warrior through all her illness difficulties. I’m so glad my friends are caring for her through this special journey to get her to her brothers house. It’s such a privilege to help someone at the end of their life. Thank you all for your support. I think that makes all of you angels too!  

Well we finally got our trust lawyer to commit to a draft of our trust restatement by end of September. I’m not convinced but we’ll stay on the path a little longer. sigh. 

We made progress yesterday getting some things figured out for our upcoming cruise including how DH will use the tonometer to monitor eye pressures, which needs software from the cloud. We’ll use cellular data connection and hope that works ok. I’m too not concerned about spikes while he’s on this second eye drop med which is a double med, but that med is preservative-free and requires refrigeration so packing is a bit of a nuisance. The device in its carrying case fits in a shoulder bag, and the meds are individual ampules grouped in light-blocking pouches, so not too difficult. This is our first cruise since we got the tonometer, good that we’re trainable!  

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. 
🍻 Cheers to all celebrating milestones of Living Life!  You remind us that Life is Good! 🌈

Smooth travels to all away especially our cruising friends. And the team with Susan! 

May we all have a safe day!  
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I can try to be an angel, but it just doesn't take!   LOL  We haven't had the Tooth Fairy visit in our house for many years.  Hoodie Hoo to those living in the Southern Hemisphere; I hope the weather is warm enough for your to shed your heavy garments!  BTW, here in our province we call hoodies Bunny Hugs.

The rain began last night around 9:30 and continued gently all through the night.  This morning it's still coming down and there's water running down the street, something that hasn't happened in a long time.  I only wish it would rain on the all too many fires in Canada and the U.S.  

@superoma wishing your DH a very Happy Birthday today!

@grapau27 Happy #42 to you and your lovely Pauline!

@aliaschief I'm saddened to learn your DBIL has passed away, but know many prayers were with him on his journey.

@smitty34877 were either of the medical people who saw Lou yesterday able to help with the eating situation?

Well our friend Wayne has booked on to the same cruise as us in February, which will be great for all 4 of us.  He was quite excited when he called yesterday to say he had a booking number, and asked if we can come over today to help them arrange flights through Flight Ease.  You don't have to ask me twice!  We'll head over there after lunch, as this morning I have a pre-wedding with a couple whose ceremony I'm presiding over on Saturday afternoon.  

I have a question for @POA1 - can you tell me if the Sun Trolly is still running around FLL?  We have great memories of trips on it in the past and would like to use it with our friends in February.   And this time we're definitely going on the Water Taxi.

I think I'll pass on the drink of the day, am pretty sure I'd like the wine, and the Shrimp Taco Salad sounds delicious.  It's going to be a busy day, so I think after we're finished over at our friend's, we'll pick up a rotisserie chicken and some potato salad that we can enjoy on the deck this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Black Beauty cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
1/2 part Jim Beam Black®
Splash Cranberry Juice
Half cup Ice
Rim glass with Sugar

Instructions
Pour half cup of ice, mix Jim Beam Black with Peach Schnapps, add a splash of cranberry juice, serve in a Rocks or Martini glass with a sugar rim.

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 6.59.41 AM.png

If you are standing behind someone having this drink it could be a real kick! 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General info from all the contributors.

Port of the Day, Halibut Point, Alaska. We have been there twice for the halibut.

National Tooth Fairy Day. Ok, I know there is a redneck joke there but I won’t go there. 

I decided to go there!  When the tooth fairy failed to deliver a pot of gold under my pillow, wait for it, I could not handle the tooth! 😳

• Like 6
  • Haha 13

Good Morning to All!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am an angel but my horns keep showing!!  When kids lose a tooth at school, we put it in a "treasure chest" for them to take home.  They are so excited.  I had to look up Hoodie Hoo day so cheers to those in the Southern Hemisphere!!  I think I will pass on the meal and drinks and I have been "close" to Halibut Point.  Interesting quote and day.

I did drive to CA.  Didn't have any problems whatsoever.  Couldn't go I10 as it was closed.  There was a rockslide on I8 that delayed getting through as they were alternating the traffic.  I had no rain or standing water or really anything.  It was a pleasant drive going over.  Coming back, as I couldn't go I10 as it was still closed (OMG Palm Springs really got it) and I wanted to stay away from the San Bernardino Mtns and really the whole area up there) and I didn't want to go through San Diego, I took a pleasant drive through Lake Elsinore area.  I am sure I had been there when I was a kid but it was beautiful!!  So while it took a little longer than usual, I had no problems.  I was watching the storm and live Youtube videos and the weather channel and highway cams for hours before I decided it was okay to go.  Thoughts for those up in the area that was really affected.  I remember as a kid a mudslide in the San Gabriel Mtns after a fire the year before that came down through Azusa where I grew up.  Oh, what a mess.

A day of rest today as I will sub for the rest of the week.

Happy Anniversay @grapau27. Wonderful picture!!  And Happy Birthday @superoma.  And congrats @Denise T on your successful defense of your dissertation!!

Well on to finish reading CC.  I start from the top and go down so there is lots to read.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!

@grapau27Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline!

il_fullxfull.3272908944_6lnm.jpg

Yesterday I worked from 1 to 11.  Upset one of my bosses (I wasn't vague enough regarding seating) for a sale when the gentleman used a walker.  I asked for an aisle seat. So even though I got off at 10, I was yelled at via text until 10:45. 

And I start work at 10 this morning.  Since I cant report working more than 8 hours per day, I am taking an extra half hour off, and will get that bird food, I have put off getting.

332492-Cool-Cat-Happy-Tuesday.jpg

Work starts in 15 minutes, guess I should get dressed. I know I can work in my PJ's but it just doesnt feel right.

08c9408efd61832b5aee60e819fc4056.jpg

Have a great day everyone!  It is going to be very hot in Atlanta, and I see that a tropical storm is going towards TX.  Stay safe.  Melting here.  Hugs

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@ger_77, well, I think both the nurse and the PT continue to have good ideas and I try all of them. We are only minimally successful here but persevere. 
I am glad to hear your friend will be joining you on your scheduled cruise. It is nice to have that to look forward to. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Happy Anniversary to Graham and Pauline. Hope everyone has a good day. Here it is cloudy with highs predicted in the low 80's. Current temp is 67. Cloudy, but I don't think we will get rain. Not much on the agenda except taking the dogs to the groomer this afternoon. And the usual trying to get stuff out. A very slow process.

That shrimp sounds wonderful. I am not sure what I will be having this evening but nothing so appealing.

Yesterday was taken up by errands and working to get my cell phone set up. I stopped by the local farmers stand in the afternoon and the check out girl commented I looked tired. I said I had a new cell phone and immediately everyone around me groaned. I feel the set up is a common problem and certainly at my age it is not easy. No one in the past ever told me I was going to have to do such things. Anyway, it is taken care of and I am going to wait a few weeks before tackling the Australia ETA. I have time.

Take care all. Roy, I hope you get the medical alert set up and that they can explain why it was activated before you got it.

Susan

• Like 23

Just heard the team helping Susan made it. Must be a great relief for Susan to be with her brother for her last days. They had to detour around a road closed for rock slides but had no problems. I’m sure they won’t be long on the turnaround and will leave this morning to head back to NM. Thanks again for your support. You all remind me that we’re never alone!  
m—

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

@ger_77

https://www.ridecircuit.com/fortlauderdale

I use this service in Hollywood. Rides cost $2 per rider (used to be free). I downloaded the app and use it fairly regularly to get to the Broadwalk  for my walks.

Looks like it still free in Ft Lauderdale.

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

3 good days. I like the quote but would change that to coffee for me. I like the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Halibut Point. An important day in history.

It's going to be less humid today, with a high of 81F. Yesterday BFF and I ate at a local restaurant, where about 10 days ago the owner was beaten in the parking lot after closing up. He was found the next morning by an employee going to open the kitchen. So awful, but thankfully he's been upgraded from critical to stable. Otherwise I'm still battling terrible itching from all the mosquito bites, especially on my legs. I will go to PT a bit later.

Hoodie Hoo Day is a day that is celebrated every year on February 20th or August 22nd (southern hemisphere). It is a day designed to help people overcome the winter-time blues and to prepare them for the coming of Spring. Go out at noon, raise your hands over you head and yell, “Hoodie Hoo!!” for all the world to hear. 

@grapau27 Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline!

@superoma Happy Birthday to your DH!

@StLouisCruisers @dfish Enjoy Bar Harbor.

@ottahand7 Condolences on the passing of your friend Frank.

@Quartzsite Cruiser It's good you can do work in the yard early, before it's too hot. Around here, the grass is always wet from dew, especially in the shady areas until the sun hits them. Thanks for the Halibut Cove photos.

@kazu Sorry you're still having to do battle with the insurance companies. 

@smitty34877 I hope the nurse and PT had some suggestions for DH. Enjoy your "escape" at the grocery store. My escape lately has been PT 3 times a week!

@ger_77 It will be nice to have your friend Wayne (and his friend) along on your cruise.

@Nickelpenny Good to hear you made it to CA and back safely. 

@marshhawk Sorry to hear your boss yelled at you via text.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those with something to Celebrate.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

Hello everyone,

Just checking in.  I appreciate being on the cares list.

Things are just not going well and I am not feeling well.

Hope to try to catch up today and read the Daily for the last few days.

Hope everyone is doing well and will post later if I can.

Floors still not done

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

Congratulations Graham and Pauline , @grapau27 and by sheer coincidence I had prepared this post for today  on the Daily News .......................  ! 

Today I would like to share with you a few pictures of a very special celebration while on board the Koningsdam 4 years ago yesterday , on August 19  2019  .

Martha and I renewed our vows in front of Captain Darin Bowland just a few months after we had celebrated our 50th  while we were at sea in the Mediterranean  going from Santorini , Greece to Napels, Italy . We were blessed to be able to do this in front of our daughter Natascha , her husband and our two grandsons Jackson and Spencer. 

To show how wonderful and memorable Holland America and Captain Bowland made this special day for us I will include some very personal pictures.

In consultation with my daughter I had booked this ceremony for Martha and I ,  so she was not aware I had booked this , I had only asked my daughter what she thought of my plan and what she thought of how mam would react .
The day we came on board ship ……..this was waiting for us  roses and a letter from the Captain , so I had to explain everything on the first day of what I had done ……. and she did not throw me overboard ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.f4f4cb802231b15e2106285dca27b0cd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.05fe5226a047299788b2bb7fd294b465.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b7d63deda74177abeca62ebd3cba0d74.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f5dc454e605526a4ab91cf2b3061a1f3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4be1f3a27ad144f1545ca003cb2ba147.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.982a38a449889a7ac2c8b6548cb1beb4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e3b5c3fd2b171b7cee8306d810a3d1f7.jpeg

We also received a very nice official Certificate but it has too much personal info to post here .

image.thumb.jpeg.b186f0845bca8a237fd8e4ec50042ceb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a6d3800eb5d891dab0512b02639e544a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3a509a5aaa76dcccff2a7d4dd38e67ff.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fe775d899b08b6b79f0137936ee24707.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5bd826cabad1558e92f2350bbc46efe2.jpeg

If you feel inclined to do something like this I can fully recommend it , we will also always remember this day on board the Koningsdam ! 

Tony 😍😍

• Like 31
  • Thanks 9

1 minute ago, sailingdutchy said:
Congratulations Graham and Pauline , @grapau27 and by sheer coincidence I had prepared this post for today  on the Daily News .......................  ! 

Today I would like to share with you a few pictures of a very special celebration while on board the Koningsdam 4 years ago yesterday , on August 19  2019  .

Martha and I renewed our vows in front of Captain Darin Bowland just a few months after we had celebrated our 50th  while we were at sea in the Mediterranean  going from Santorini , Greece to Napels, Italy . We were blessed to be able to do this in front of our daughter Natascha , her husband and our two grandsons Jackson and Spencer. 

To show how wonderful and memorable Holland America and Captain Bowland made this special day for us I will include some very personal pictures.

In consultation with my daughter I had booked this ceremony for Martha and I ,  so she was not aware I had booked this , I had only asked my daughter what she thought of my plan and what she thought of how mam would react .
The day we came on board ship ……..this was waiting for us  roses and a letter from the Captain , so I had to explain everything on the first day of what I had done ……. and she did not throw me overboard ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.f4f4cb802231b15e2106285dca27b0cd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.05fe5226a047299788b2bb7fd294b465.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b7d63deda74177abeca62ebd3cba0d74.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f5dc454e605526a4ab91cf2b3061a1f3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4be1f3a27ad144f1545ca003cb2ba147.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.982a38a449889a7ac2c8b6548cb1beb4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e3b5c3fd2b171b7cee8306d810a3d1f7.jpeg

We also received a very nice official Certificate but it has too much personal info to post here .

image.thumb.jpeg.b186f0845bca8a237fd8e4ec50042ceb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a6d3800eb5d891dab0512b02639e544a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3a509a5aaa76dcccff2a7d4dd38e67ff.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fe775d899b08b6b79f0137936ee24707.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5bd826cabad1558e92f2350bbc46efe2.jpeg

If you feel inclined to do something like this I can fully recommend it , we will also always remember this day on board the Koningsdam ! 

Tony 😍😍

Lovely photos Tony.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1