The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 30th, 2023

richwmn

The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 30th, 2023

Today is National Grief Awareness Day, National Beach Day, and Touch A Heart Tuesday

I think the eyes flirt most. There are so many ways to use them. - Anna Held

Meal Suggestion for today - Fish Tacos with Lime Crema
Drink of the Day - White Chocolate Raspberry Martini
Wine of the Day - Harvester Cabernet Sauvignon Paso
Destination of the Day - Haifa, Tel Aviv-Nazareth, Israel

Today in History:
1682 William Penn leaves England to sail to the New World

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 1000-2200

Nieuw Statendam

Grundarfjordur, Iceland 0800-1600

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2100

Oosterdam

Chania, Crete 0800-1700

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Akureyri, Iceland eta 2023-08-29

Volendam

Vancouver, Canada d1600

Westerdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1400-1800

Zaandam

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 0800-1700

Zuiderdam

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island 0900-1700

0830World.thumb.png.a6f5c972f1eec1e9fcc131e1ede4998f.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 20

White Chocolate Raspberry Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Creme de Cocoa White Liqueur
1 part Pinnacle® Raspberry Vodka
Chocolate Sauce
Raspberries

Instructions
Drizzle chocolate sauce in the martini glass. Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into the martini glass. Garnish with a raspberry.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 5.15.20 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 17

Touch a Heart Tuesday was actually yesterday but here on the Daily, we touch a heart everyday.  Here were some suggestions to help you celebrate.IMG_7778.thumb.png.67c2374ffa08d746f1c725443808546f.pngI’ll happily celebrate beaches. Half Moon Cay.IMG_7103.thumb.jpeg.62e36bbe29407ab5ceebb862918d1f3c.jpeg

I hope all in the path of the hurricane remain safe.  Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes.  May your life be good.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 6

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the Hump Day  Report.  I hope especially our Pennsylvania Dailyites celebrate this day in Pennsylvania history.  I used to love beaches but not so much any more.  Most of us are painfully aware of grief and many hearts are touched here.  Not sure what to make of the Held quote and I'll pass on the fish taco.  I have not been to Haifa.  Special prayers for those facing problems with Idalia.

Roy

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Another cool morning here, only 12°C (54°F).  It could be worse.  Prayers for everyone in Florida.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good.  The drink sounds like dessert, YUM!    I hope the wine is tasty.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

3 important days today.

We are regularly at the beach.

Grief awareness affects a lot of us on here.

What a true quote.

Our smiling eyes can be very attractive and something Pauline said about me when we first met and what I said to her too.

Prayers for good health to all of my friends.

Take care and stay safe.

IMG_20230830_113056.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  We should pay attention to the grief process and let it happen, it’s something that shouldn’t be bottled up.  Gloomy and rainy here, today’s no beach day for sure.  I think it’s a much better day for touching a heart.  Luggage Forward picked up our bag yesterday and the air tag says it’s at JFK Airport. I guess our travels have begun.  I think Ms. Held was right with today’s quote.  The meal suggestion sounds great, I’ll pass on the drink though.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for all on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 36

Good morning friends!  I am thankful to hear from Dixie @summer slope already and that she and George are safe.  Please heed her advice!  This hurricane looks so dangerous.  Hoping our other Florida residents, Bruce @aliaschief , Ann @cat shepard, @RedneckBob, Charlene @cunnorl are safe.  Sorry if I've forgotten to mention any of you.  Praying my DGD is safe in Tampa.  Last year she and her friends from college went to Jupiter and stayed with a Grandma to one of the girls.  She texted me yesterday but didn't mention her plans. Update:  DD just let me know our precious girl is riding the hurricane out at the Aquarium in Tampa where she works while in college.  She should be safe there.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report today.  I agree about beach day @RedneckBob!!  I hope I can always touch a heart and not just on a Tuesday (or Wednesday), but I still appreciate the thought.  Grief awareness is a worthy cause and I know that many here have benefited from their grief awareness groups/counselors.  Cute quote.  I'm not a huge fan of fish so no thanks to the fish tacos.  That drink sounds very sweet!  I'm sure the Cabernet Sauvignon is lovely.  1862 was a big year for William Penn!  LOL  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports this morning.

Prayers said for our Care list and all affected by Hurricane Idalia, now and in the coming days. 🙏  Three cheers to the happy Celebration list folks and all those cruising!  I know the cruise lines will keep everyone safe from any storms and hurricanes.  🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your lists.

Today's port destination is Haifa (for Tel Aviv and Nazareth), Israel.  Previously we had that port Dec. 21, 2021 and July 23, 2022.  For some reason I didn't post photos before due to my schedule but I know we saw lots of pics from others.  We were there in 2014 on our first Prinsendam voyage.  We want to go back again and have booked a cruise including Israel in 2024.  Here are the links to the previous dates.

Have a great day everyone and please stay safe.  

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a rainy morning but is expected to clear by the end of the day.  I ordered meds for Jasper to be picked up last night before we leave.  I couldn’t pick them up because they closed early.  I’m hoping I can escape today before they close at 2.  On the plus side Jasper gained 6oz when he was weighed two weeks ago, still waiting on test results.
At some point today I’ll try and set up arrivcan on my phone.    
I hope all are friends stay safe from the hurricane.

• Like 40

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas with a fall, broken ribs and head laceration

Marshhawk’s family (Momma Norma and son) and friend issues

Kochleffel with a fall

Cruzin Terri’s cousin post stent, not doing well

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Franklin or Idalia 

Shooting victim(s) – UNC Chapel Hill professor killed

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Sharon in AZ’s DM’s sister in hospice

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy; post eye surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Mr. Boston’s upcoming big 5 week trip to Europe

Crazy for Cats’ upgrade to a Neptune suite

StLouisCruisers (Sandi) and Dennis becoming HAL 5-star Mariners

Nickelpenny enjoying substitute teaching

Mamaofami’s DH Sam home from rehab

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Crazy for Cats (Zaandam Sept 3 to Sept 13)

4 days for Luvteaching (Westerdam Sept 3 to Sept 10)

5 days for RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy Sept 4 to Sept 20) B2B

Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday, Oceansaway17 (Grand Princess to Sept 8 ) and HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 18

18 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas with a fall, broken ribs and head laceration

Marshhawk’s family (Momma Norma and son) and friend issues

Kochleffel with a fall

Cruzin Terri’s cousin post stent, not doing well

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Franklin or Idalia 

Shooting victim(s) – UNC Chapel Hill professor killed

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Sharon in AZ’s DM’s sister in hospice

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia

Catmando with cancer recurrence, on immunotherapy; post eye surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Mr. Boston’s upcoming big 5 week trip to Europe

Crazy for Cats’ upgrade to a Neptune suite

StLouisCruisers (Sandi) and Dennis becoming HAL 5-star Mariners

Nickelpenny enjoying substitute teaching

Mamaofami’s DH Sam home from rehab

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Lobsternight (Celebrity Eclipse to Sept 3), celebrating 60th birthday, Oceansaway17 (Grand Princess to Sept 8 ) and HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B)

Thank you for your comprehensive lists Vanessa.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Here are a few pics from our wonderful day touring Nazareth in 2014.  First is the Church of the Annunciation

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The wooden door depicts scenes from the life of Jesus.

In the courtyard are exhibitions of mosaic paintings all from different countries and they reflect the country they were made in.

Photos from the Grotto or cave of the Annunciation.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIJ3n0HWOdpMFrU0KfPWaVO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772325

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUV9trb1iBtVgYuqMvb1Gr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772354

The Chuch of St. Joseph which is built on what used to be the carpentry workshop of Joseph, father of Jesus.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIkrW06fwfLhqDUfaclze9X?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772401

Statue of Joseph, Mary and Jesus

Next, traveling past the Sea of Galilee to Yardenit, where the Jordan River flows.  We would have our lunch there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

DH's lunch.  Needless to say I chose something else.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The Jordan River where John the Baptist baptized his cousin Jesus of Nazareth.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Hard to see with the glare but there are people dressed in white doing a baptism.

Next up was Mount of Beatitudes where we are told Jesus gave his Sermon on the Mount.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

From the grounds you have a lovely view of the Sea of Galilee.

Continuing on in a separate post.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich!  Though I question “Touch a Heart Tuesday”. Idalia’s outer rain bands have given Bindi and I great opportunities to get out and stay fairly dry. It is fascinating to watch the bands swirl in the sky - a privilege that can only be enjoyed by those untouched by the storm’s power. 

Vanessa, thank you for staying on top of what is going on.  If my hairdresser still has power, I am getting a much needed haircut this morning. If not, I will not be venturing out at all in a vehicle. Bindi & I will diligently watch for good opportunities to get out without getting soaked. We shall see how we do. Praying the folk on the Gulf Coast stay safe. 

IMG_1698.jpeg.d3ae3b1e18c5b8227658893585b254b3.jpeg

IMG_1699.jpeg.a92881632a6a7d520a632ecf461ee3fc.jpeg

IMG_1670.jpeg.ca7a4a820e8a588e88db29ba8f5744e9.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Harvester Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles - Austin Hope Vintner

Once again I could not find any critic reviews of this Cab, but more than 2,500 consumers gave it an average of 3.9 stars. Although most distributors offer it for approximately $20, I found one online distributor offering it for as low as $12.00 + shipping. 

Distributor Notes

Austin Hope grew up working alongside his father, inheriting his love and respect for the region. He led the family’s move into winemaking in 1995, and further exploration of Paso began. In 2000, Austin created the Austin Hope label, making very small productions of Rhône varietals. These wines are produced from vines grown at the family’s estate property, where soils and climate have similarities with Rhône Valley vineyards. They remain small yet extraordinary productions. Each bottling holds onto a unique intensity and softness, expressing a special side of Paso.

Today, Austin is showcasing an even greater sweep of the Paso region and expressing a similar richness with a recently released Cabernet Sauvignon. The source of the wine is far-reaching within the appellation - a most discerning group of vineyards located on gently sloping hillsides and hidden pockets across the domain, providing dimension to the Cabernet varietal. The wine has a bold structure of lush, velvety tannins and an unmistakable elegance. It is dark, ripe and eminently enjoyable.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 7

28 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

No matter the state of my shoulder, I will make my upcoming cruises (not HAL, but all the rest are):

Carnival Venezia 13 days B2B Sept 16-29 NYC Canada/NE

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

We briefly visited the Church of the Primacy of St. Peter where allegedly Jesus bestowed church leadership on Apostle Peter.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Then to Capernaum also known as Capharnaum.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

This was Haifa in the morning before our tour

And this was after the tour when we returned to the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

• Like 38
  • Thanks 4

Passing on the fish tacos but hoping for seconds on the drink - yummy!!

Currently 75 w/forecast of 99; we have a reprieve from triple digits for a few more days. Looks like a cold one Fri night, lol. I'll put that in the win column (I'm desperate and that column is a tad sparse).

Work started early today - new system change causing many "hiccups" for our field teams, which I support. Thank goodness it's a short week going into a long weekend. Hoping to use the time to start readying for upcoming cruise; Sept 15 will sneak up on me.

Prayers and well wishes for those on the list and those who aren't but who still need the prayers and hugs. Extra prayer for Baby Murphy and family.

Maybe I'll ice my shoulder while coffee brews... 

Screenshot_20230830-064519_Weather.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 36

Thank you Rich, thank you Tina, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Prayers for all those in the path of Idalia!

Stay Safe and prayers today for those that need them!

- Jack

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Every day is a good day to be kind.   No beach day here, no beach on the lake and it will only be in the 60s.   Comforting people going through grief is important and it goes on for a very long time for many people.   A true quote.   I like fish tacos, the drink would be a good drink package drink for dessert but I think I will pass the Harvester, I think I have had it before.   Thanks for the photos of Haifa @StLouisCruisers.  

Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.  Prayers for those in Florida who Idalia is bearing down on.   John watches the Weather Channel nonstop during hurricanes.   Lots of water coming ashore one in many areas.   Continued prayers for the people of Maui.

My sister made it up to the cabin in good time.   It was 38 when I got up this morning but we will be up in the 90s with the warm up starting on Friday.      I will finish my sanding and then start cutting back the plants.   I hate to do it when they are in gorgeous bloom still.   Sometimes I think about leaving them until we arrive in spring but it is depressing seeing the plants trying to come back to life through all the dead material from the previous year.   

@Haljo1935 I hope your shoulder is going to get better.   I have RA and when my shoulder used to act up I would get a cortisone shot and it would fix for sometimes a year or two.  Once I started on Enbrel for it my shoulder problems abated.  What is your Avatar?  Is that your pup?  It looks charming. 

I am happy to see that Enbrel is on the list of drugs to be negotiated for pricing through Medicare.   Even though I have Medicare Part D through United Health Care I pay $385 a month for my meds.  It has been out since 1999.   It is a complicated process to make it but I think there should be some leeway to adjust the price down somewhat.

Have a wonderful day!  Nancy   A few photos from Yucatan MX which is known for great beaches.   

beach at Tulum.jpg

Cancun 2010.bmp

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich - and thanks to Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie & Ann.

Quite the days today.  I’ll pass on celebrating National Grief Awareness day, thanks. I’m more than aware of it.  Beach Day isn’t happening anywhere here with the pouring rain (again).  It might be Wednesday but Touch a Heart should be celebrated every day.

I like the Held quote.  the drink of the day sounds like a yummy dessert and yum on the fish tacos.

IMG_0808.jpeg.a5c70cea0127beb791233f1731647c29.jpeg

DH and I truly enjoyed the Holy Land when we went including Haifa.  It was very moving to visit Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Dead Sea, Bethlehem and so much more.  We were very lucky as as soon as we got home, the assault on Bethlehem had begun. 

IMG_1008.jpeg.2660b20a9b1dd30ed6ed0f58cded26fd.jpeg

So sad to see Idalia has become the cat 4 and the threats to so many people and their property.  Prayers for everyone in its path.  I hope everyone has evacuated and can remain safe.

@HAL4NOW sorry about your rain.  I’m afraid it is going to be that way all day 😞 Absolutely pouring here (again) and it’s not Franklin’s effects.  Ivan is not happy, poor guy.  I dread Friday when I have an appointment I can’t skip and have to get him to “go” before I head out.  Ugh.

IMG_0829.jpeg.bf762e69219b677c95c4c1f1d937a651.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those suffering losses, health challenges, worries & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂 

IMG_0835.thumb.jpeg.f7877eddb025e8887271ec7ecf1d6098.jpeg

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

IMG_1006.thumb.jpeg.91acf75bd0403fad488e4a8473178a83.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 21

Good morning.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Dixie, Ann and Debbie for keeping this thread alive.

Interesting days.  Don’t think I will be near a beach today, Touch a Heart Tuesday (except it’s Wednesday) no matter, I will try to touch someone’s heart.  We all have grief that we deal with.

I have not been to the destination and welcome the photos.

I will skip the meal and beverages and hope that by dinner time we still have power.

At 4:15am the alarm on my phone went off announcing that we are under a hurricane warning.  A minute later it sounded again to announce a storm surge warning.  Both give me pause.  

The last thing I want is water in our house.  It was one year ago this coming weekend that all our troubles started with a flood.  I really pray that the storm surge stays away from us.  

We expect to get the brunt of the hurricane at high tide and full moon so the storm surge will be particularly dangerous.  Ugh!

I am supposed to have an Eye Doctor Appointment today.  Yesterday I got an automated reminder for it, but it was too late to call the office.  I need to call today to find out if they are really open.  I am not really happy about going out today.  

Prayers for everyone, especially for all in the path of the storm.

Stay safe.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 33