The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 18th, 2023

richwmn

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I am very sorry to report that my DH Lou died this morning.We never thought this would happen so quickly..I am glad  we had him here and that he was able to say goodbye to loved ones before he became unresponsive.
We plan a nice dinner for friends and family in about a month as he really did not want a traditional wake or funeral service.

Thank you again for all the prayers and good wishes.

Oh Terry, I am so sorry to hear your news,  sending my deepest condolences and prayers for peace and comfort.

• Like 17

Just got my new booster and got the flu shot. Ready for the cruise.  I was so tickled to see that WCB, Bill and Mary Ann will be on that cruise. I have followed many of their blogs but have never met them. Now I will go back and read the thread. 

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

I will ask for prayers for my DH Bill as he has developed bronchitis.  We spent the morning in the med center.  Prayers that he improves with the antibiotic he received.  I really don’t want to have to fly home from Greenland.

Oh Katherine, I sure pray that the antibiotics work and you DH can recover from bronchitis quickly and easily. 🙏 

• Like 12

@smitty34877Oh Terry, you and Lou have been on my heart and my mind ever since he came home.  I was hoping you'd have more time with him than you did, but am glad he was where he wanted to be, surrounded by love and care.  Take all the time you need to gather your thoughts and do what needs to be taken care of over the next little while.  We're here for you with love and prayers.

• Like 20

Greetings from Juneau. I’ve had problems getting onto CC, especially when on the ship wifi. It’s been a nice week and we’re enjoying the Solstice. Since sailing Celebrity 6 years ago we are very happy to see that they now have mostly Indonesian and Filipino crew! I feel like it’s a big improvement. 

I know I’ve missed a lot, and am saddened to see just now that @smitty34877’s Lou has passed. Terry my deepest condolences. 

This morning we sailed up Endicott Arm and to Dawes Glacier.

IMG_1090.thumb.jpeg.0ec37526f720d6646dc4997e38cc56f2.jpeg

IMG_1088.thumb.jpeg.fec8c268b93dbf17939edd8699616c88.jpeg

IMG_1077.thumb.jpeg.ffdb3e456a2a00b4495165fa92ba0c89.jpeg

IMG_1080.thumb.jpeg.bbec5aa215ff0c785016403f403f6451.jpeg

IMG_1084.thumb.jpeg.aea996292d1fa03585e660b93c768350.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

@smitty34877 Terrie, I was saddened to read of the passing of your dear husband Lou.  I am so glad to hear that you were able to get him home to allow him to pass with family around and in familiar space.   May God comfort you and your family.  

@Lady Hudson  Oh my,   I hope that your DH responds to the antibiotics.  I pray that you can continue to see more of Greenland.   

• Like 16

7 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I am very sorry to report that my DH Lou died this morning.We never thought this would happen so quickly..I am glad  we had him here and that he was able to say goodbye to loved ones before he became unresponsive.
We plan a nice dinner for friends and family in about a month as he really did not want a traditional wake or funeral service.

😢💔🙏

• Like 12

9 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Terry,

I'm so sorry to hear that Lou has passed. I don't post often but read everything every day, and he (and your family) have been in my prayers. Hoping that the memories are good.

Take care,

Laura

• Like 13

@smitty34877  I am so sorry to hear of your husbands passing.  I am glad you were able to have him at home.  May your memories sustain you.  You are in my prayers.

Thank you all who have expressed condolences on the passing of my father.  It is still hard to realize he is gone.  Still get tearful thinking about it.

We were discussing flowers for his memorial knowing he would not want us to "spend" much.  So I am making him a bouquet of Peppermint.................when I was just a baby, he and his father had a "still" that  distilled peppermint and spearmint and extracted the oil for the local farmers.  Same oil that we use to flavor candy and baking!  So I think the peppermint bouquet will be fitting for his memory.

Prayers and cyber hugs to all of you.

Denise

• Like 17

Good evening everyone. I wanted to share Craig’s cheeseburger from the MDR on the Volendam this past May. 

4FECA501-5E92-48D0-A53A-91DD37C0E2F6.thumb.jpeg.50014986287b3460a63b73febf0bd062.jpeg

Why he had both chips and fries is a mystery. They do make a good burger. 

Today was spent with DM taking her to an appointment and then lunch. I asked her about an old genealogy book that a family member had complied so I stayed at her apartment looking through old pictures and the book. This all started when my cousin posted old pictures on Facebook so I wanted to figure out who was who. It’s all very interesting since she was one of 13 children. 

I have been wanting to make falafel for some time and have been researching recipes. One of these days I will actually make them. 

Have a good evening. 

• Like 13

14 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

So sorry to hear about Lou - sending you prayers and hugs. I am glad he was able to be home. You are in my thoughts.

• Like 7