The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 26th, 2023

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I was impressed when in Belgian, that in school they learned 4 languages, including English. I'll salute Johnny Appleseed and Families. I wish I had some family any more. Good quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I have been to Freeport twice, way back in the 70's and 80's, when it was still nice. That was pre-digital photos.

Another cool and cloudy day here. I'm just back from getting hip x-rays. I messaged with my Rheumatology PA yesterday and she wanted the x-rays and for me to see a Physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor). I got an appointment for Monday by going to a non-preferred location for me, but it beats waiting until January to go closer to home. I may end up needing an MRI. I'm just having a bite to eat before heading to PT in a while. Some trees are starting to change color, sigh.

@puppycanducruise Nice hibiscus flower; mine bloomed a while ago and the flower is long gone. It's only the 2nd year for the one I have.

@0106 Thanks for posting the rest of the quote.

@StLouisCruisers Safe trip home! Sorry for the delay.

@cat shepard Sadly, sometimes we're short on celebrations, so I have to dig deep, lol.

@rafinmd We'll be following along!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels to Dallas and I hope DH's tests go well.

@ger_77 Good to hear that DH is feeling better. I'm sure he's thrilled to be able to drive again.

@Haljo1935 Brrrr.

@lindaler You'll get on board and all the stress of getting there will melt away.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you're happy with your purchases for the house.

@smitty34877 Oh, I'm sorry that Tana is needing more oxygen and that the aide is leaving. I hope you can find a good new aide without too much difficulty. Prayers for you and the whole family.

@ocean sounds Exciting to start your trip across the Pacific.

@Cruising-along Enjoy your lunch with your BFF.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 8

I've studied about seven languages, plus historical versions of some of them, but English is the only one in which I'm really fluent. I can do well enough in German that people don't interrupt me in English.

The meal would be OK with me, although I'm unlikely to make it. For a change the martini is not pseudo. Some Viognier is grown in the Finger Lakes, but few wineries bottle it as a varietal. One that does is Goose Watch on Cayuga Lake: "Known for its lush tropical passionfruit and peach aromas, Viognier is a rare find in the Finger Lakes region. Our cool climate slowly ripens the fruit producing intense varietal aromas and flavors in this medium-bodied, dry white wine."

I've never been to Freeport, and only sort of to Nassau, a tech stop in the middle of the night.

aliencake.thumb.jpg.d72a675fa277712baf8d06293a496d65.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 10

Good morning, Dailyites, and a big thank you to all!  This is such a great daily thread, and everyone is so supportive.  As a child I was very impressed with Johnny Appleseed and tried to emulate him, dropping seeds whenever I ate an apple.  I have no idea if any of them ever "took"...  Bits of languages learned, some people seem to have more ability to learn them than others.  I wonder if those are really what I think of as lamb chops in the recipes, real lamb chops I prefer to cook more quickly.  My mother used to make a "lamb hot pot" which used pieces that looked like those in the recipes.  

We just had a call from the urologist's office and now Pat has an appointment to go in in October, I wonder what that means.  I spent a long time yesterday trying to get appointments for Covid boosters for the three of us.  Evidently the new serum won't be here until after (Canadian) Thanksgiving, and if I book now, we will receive the old boosters which won't cover the new strain.   So I have to wait until October 9 to book, and we need to have our shots by the middle of October in order for them to cover us for the cruise.  So if we can't get an appointment in time, we'll have to go down to Bellingham and see if we can get them there.  I get some prescriptions from Walgreen's there, so will call them if we have to.  Evidently Spain wants boosters at least two weeks before arrival.  But I bet when we get there, they don't even check!

The atmospheric river we were supposed to get turned out to be just a trickle, but there was a lot of wind, and we had to clean up leaves, twigs and about a zillion acorns yesterday.  We are supposed to get rain tomorrow now, so I hope that works out.  The Horticulture Centre of the Pacific has agreed to take my ponytail palm and the bleeding heart vine we have in the house, and are getting to be too much work for us.  I am very pleased, I didn't want to have to destroy them.   DD bought the palm when she was in flight school, and it was in a 4 inch pot.  It has travelled quite a lot, but has been with us for the last 20 years or so.  We had the same thing happen when she was in university - she got a red-eared slider (turtle) and of course it came home to us when she moved on.  Eventually, we gave it to the National Zoo in DC.  I'm hoping that if there is a government shutdown, they continue to look after the animals at the zoo!  I worry about "Dork".

The ponytail palm

IMG_4141.thumb.jpeg.41238efbe8a7661586dc3230203518b9.jpeg

• Like 33

Good rainy and miserable afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be better. 
I’ve been to Freeport twice, one time by ship and stayed there back in the 70’s at what was then the Princess hotel. It was a beautiful place at that time.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 19

@Cruising-along I was looking at the thread for the 94 day Australia. I noticed that you were concerned about a rental car in Hilo. We were there in Oct.22 and there is a shuttle for Budget. The other agencies did not have one. May have changed since then.  The van was sitting waiting when we exited the terminal. Had our name on their list. Also returned us to the port after turning in the car. Very easy.

Other people tried to get on the shuttle but they would only take Budget customers.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

@Cruising-along I was looking at the thread for the 94 day Australia. I noticed that you were concerned about a rental car in Hilo. We were there in Oct.22 and there is a shuttle for Budget. The other agencies did not have one. May have changed since then.  The van was sitting waiting when we exited the terminal. Had our name on their list. Also returned us to the port after turning in the car. Very easy.

Other people tried to get on the shuttle but they would only take Budget customers.

Thank you so much. DH has switched our booking to Busget. 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

A couple of last minute things from yesterday's Daily.  Thanks, Bruce @aliaschief for the heads up on ordering the new covid tests.  Got an email confirming my order this morning.  Tony @sailingdutchy mentioned TSA confiscating two jars of peanut butter in his carry on luggage.  Not sure if they still do it, but they confiscated my tooth paste once.  The limit on weight for "liquids" is 3.4 ounces.  The tooth paste I get from Costco weighs 5.8 ounces.  Something to think about on your next flight.

Ray

Your welcome. My heads up notification post on subject were removed. So I’m keeping shhh!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good afternoon!  We arrived home about an hour late.  Our driver had a military affairs meeting at our community amenity center at 3 pm and he dropped us off at 10 to 3.  Plenty of time!   DH and I had an empty seat in our row so were able to spread out.  That hasn't happened in years!

In Dallas we were told they had to load sand into the cargo hold to balance the plane, but the pilot said due to runway construction at DFW they hold up arrivals to ease the strain on the remaining runways.  So maybe it was both that caused the delays.  It didn't affect us but several passengers were missing their connections.  I felt badly for them.  So I'm unpacked already.  Glad to be home even if we did enjoy our family time.  I'm sure you all have said the same thing at one time or another.  😉  I received my cruise photo book (Canada/Greenland/Iceland) and took a look through it.  Looks good!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We just had a call from the urologist's office and now Pat has an appointment to go in in October, I wonder what that means.  

I hope it is just routine followup, Ann and nothing to worry about 🤞 

I spent a long time yesterday trying to get appointments for Covid boosters for the three of us.  Evidently the new serum won't be here until after (Canadian) Thanksgiving, and if I book now, we will receive the old boosters which won't cover the new strain.  

It’s not here either and they won’t give me a new booster until it arrives since I am wishing protocols with the fall 2022 and spring 2023 booster.  I don’t think any are being distributed in Canada until close to mid October 😡 

Evidently Spain wants boosters at least two weeks before arrival.  But I bet when we get there, they don't even check!

I’m confused by this.  It was my understanding that proof of vaccination was no longer necessary for any EU country.  I always have my proof of my vaccination and gazillion boosters but I haven’t seen anything advising we need proof now?  

I hope I haven’t missed the boat. 😬 

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon, just had a phone call from the vet and Houdini’s bloodwork came back with mixed results. The thyroid is back to normal. 🎉

However, there is some kidney issues and he needs to go on a special diet and cut back on his favorite food chicken. They want to recheck him in 3months. So tomorrow we can pick up the new food.i hope he will eat it, he won’t be happy about the chicken cutback.

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I’m confused by this.  It was my understanding that proof of vaccination was no longer necessary for any EU country.  I always have my proof of my vaccination and gazillion boosters but I haven’t seen anything advising we need proof now?  

I think that people are creating through selective quotation. The entry requirements for Spain need to be read carefully. There are no border checkpoints for covid, but travelers from outside the EU are required to have a pertinent document.

The rest of the travelers to Spain, even if the covid-19 border checkpoints have been dismantled, they must have one of the three following certificates:

•     Proof of vaccination: Documentation from the issuing countries' relevant authorities will be accepted starting 14 days after the final dose is administered, as long as more than 270 days have not passed since the administration of the final dose of the vaccine. For those under 18 years of age, proof of vaccination has no expiration date.
  •     Negative COVID test: A negative Nucleic Acid Amplification test (PCR, TMA, LAMP, NEAR, etc.) taken within 72 hours of departure for Spain, or a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) taken within 24 of departure for Spain, will be accepted.
  •     Proof of recovery from COVID: Documentation issued by relevant government authorities or by a physician a minimum of 11 days after the initial positive result via NAAT or rapid antigen test. This documentation will remain valid for 180 days following the date of the initial positive test result.

Those under the age of 12 do not need to present any COVID-related documentation to enter Spain.

Spain Travel Health –SpTH– and the associated form are no longer needed.

https://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/dhaka/en/Comunicacion/Noticias/Paginas/Articulos/Covid19-Entry-requeriments-20sp22.aspx

So in general, adult non-EU travelers need a vaccination that is at least 14 days old but not more than 270.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I think that people are creating through selective quotation. The entry requirements for Spain need to be read carefully. There are no border checkpoints for covid, but travelers from outside the EU are required to have a pertinent document.

The rest of the travelers to Spain, even if the covid-19 border checkpoints have been dismantled, they must have one of the three following certificates:

•     Proof of vaccination: Documentation from the issuing countries' relevant authorities will be accepted starting 14 days after the final dose is administered, as long as more than 270 days have not passed since the administration of the final dose of the vaccine. For those under 18 years of age, proof of vaccination has no expiration date.
  •     Negative COVID test: A negative Nucleic Acid Amplification test (PCR, TMA, LAMP, NEAR, etc.) taken within 72 hours of departure for Spain, or a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) taken within 24 of departure for Spain, will be accepted.
  •     Proof of recovery from COVID: Documentation issued by relevant government authorities or by a physician a minimum of 11 days after the initial positive result via NAAT or rapid antigen test. This documentation will remain valid for 180 days following the date of the initial positive test result.

Those under the age of 12 do not need to present any COVID-related documentation to enter Spain.

https://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/dhaka/en/Comunicacion/Noticias/Paginas/Articulos/Covid19-Entry-requeriments-20sp22.aspx

So in general, adult non-EU travelers need a vaccination that is at least 14 days old but not more than 270.

Interesting to see the requirements.  I haven't seen anything (yet) on our HAL health requirements.  The site says to check back closer to the time, but you'd think they would know what was going on!

BTW, @kochleffell, I have been trying to include us on the spreadsheet for dinner in Barcelona,  but it keeps disappearing - help!  Is there a time decided on for the dinner?   I'm pleased with the restaurant - it is quite close to our hotel.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

BTW, @kochleffell, I have been trying to include us on the spreadsheet for dinner in Barcelona,  but it keeps disappearing - help!  Is there a time decided on for the dinner?   I'm pleased with the restaurant - it is quite close to our hotel.

It seems to be on the spreadsheet now, but I haven't received email from you about it -- I asked for direct emails because there could be people in the roll call who aren't using the spreadsheet. I've been saying 8:15 for dinner, which is sort of early by Barcelona standards, but right for those coming from the museum.

• Like 6

Good afternoon from central Texas.  It is 92F and feels like 93F, so it's not too bad out.  As expected, the humidity has dropped to 34% with a dew point of 60F.  We survived the Dallas traffic going and coming in spite of a couple of accidents.  There was also a wait on the way as a long freight train was going through our county seat.  We still made it to UTSW with time to spare, which was a good thing, because we had to walk a ways to get to the pre-op testing.

The testing was our first disappoint with anything we've done there.  The appointment was for 11:15, and they did see DH for the brief check in about that time.  However, he was not called back for the actual testing until after 12:15.  I was trying to go back with him, and the tech said she would be drawing blood, and she'd call me when she was finished.  Guess what?  I was never called back, and I could have helped answer some of the their questions.  

Once the testing was over, we headed across Harry Hines Blvd. for the CT scan.  That was a first class operation.  We were there about 1:10 for the 1:50 appointment.  As with many appointments at UTSW, they called DH back early, and he was finished quickly.  In fact, we had retrieved the car from the Valet parking and were already on I-35E headed home at the appointed time.  The Valet parking is worth the money, and if you have to go to several buildings on the same day, you only pay once.  We were home about 3:20, and after a long, busy day, we both needed a shower,  DH is now napping after one of the busiest days in quite a while.

Last week, we took a gamble that the ignition coils would not cause any problems until after the surgery even though we knew one was a little problematic.  It started acting up on the way home, so in the morning Ms Crystal's Garage will open for one last time.  I will replace the other four coils, so I won't have to do that job again for several years. At least, I know what to do and how to do it, and I now have plans for the morning.  🤣

7 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning to all. It continues to rain here and sort of matches the mood of the house. We are adjusting to the new normal but it certainly is hard. Tana has had some respiratory distress and her oxygen has had to be increased. The lovely aide we had has taken another job with more pay. It is completely understandable but forces us to look yet again for someone else.

I am fluent in Spanish and know a few words of Swedish. I also learned a lot of Yiddish words from DH and his family. They are surprisingly apt. Lou told me in his last days that his illness had been a kine hara(nightmare). He was so right about that.

Only two in the group like lamb so I tend not to make it. I love sheet pan recipes though, thanks @dfish, Debbie. I appreciate your kind support as well. Thanks to all who are thinking of us. We all appreciate  it. Today I am making a bean and pasta soup for dinner. It is chilly here so will be nice to eat later.

I love to see the long lists of upcoming cruisers and it is fun to read reports of those who are at sea now.

Safe travels to all.

Terry, I'm so sorry that Tana has had some respiratory distress and need the oxygen to be increased.  I'm sorry your wonder aide took another job, and I hope you find another good one soon.  

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I learned French in school -- living in CA, Spanish was the language most chose, but I always knew I wanted to go to France some day.   I've always been able to "get by" all over France and in some small villages where English isn't well known.  DH took a little German in the military because he was supposed to be sent to Germany.  Nope, he was sent to Viet Nam instead...

Since Washington is the "Apple State", we appreciate Johnny Appleseed here.  I have a loving and close family, they're all dear to me.  

Interesting quote.  One of my (small) pet peeves is when I offer some advice or answer someone's question on CC (not this thread) or FB and my post is completely ignored, much less get a thank-you.  Like I said, small pet peeve, but a little annoying.

Love, love a good Viognier, no thanks to the drink, and the meal looks yummy.  We love lamb chops, but don't usually have them at home -- so very special on a BHB.

Today I'll be driving north to Mount Vernon to have lunch with my BFF.  The forecast is for more rain and even wind, so we most likely won't be taking our usual walk after lunch.

Safe travels Sandi @StLouisCruisers!

Hoping for good news from your DH's tests Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser

Roy @rafinmd I'm excited for you about your cruise!

Terry @smitty34877 Sending more hugs and prayers. 

I agree with you about the lack of response when you take the time to answer a question or give advice.  I always wonder if they came back and read what I wrote.

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I was impressed when in Belgian, that in school they learned 4 languages, including English. I'll salute Johnny Appleseed and Families. I wish I had some family any more. Good quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I have been to Freeport twice, way back in the 70's and 80's, when it was still nice. That was pre-digital photos.

Another cool and cloudy day here. I'm just back from getting hip x-rays. I messaged with my Rheumatology PA yesterday and she wanted the x-rays and for me to see a Physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor). I got an appointment for Monday by going to a non-preferred location for me, but it beats waiting until January to go closer to home. I may end up needing an MRI. I'm just having a bite to eat before heading to PT in a while. Some trees are starting to change color, sigh.

@puppycanducruise Nice hibiscus flower; mine bloomed a while ago and the flower is long gone. It's only the 2nd year for the one I have.

@0106 Thanks for posting the rest of the quote.

@StLouisCruisers Safe trip home! Sorry for the delay.

@cat shepard Sadly, sometimes we're short on celebrations, so I have to dig deep, lol.

@rafinmd We'll be following along!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Safe travels to Dallas and I hope DH's tests go well.

@ger_77 Good to hear that DH is feeling better. I'm sure he's thrilled to be able to drive again.

@Haljo1935 Brrrr.

@lindaler You'll get on board and all the stress of getting there will melt away.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you're happy with your purchases for the house.

@smitty34877 Oh, I'm sorry that Tana is needing more oxygen and that the aide is leaving. I hope you can find a good new aide without too much difficulty. Prayers for you and the whole family.

@ocean sounds Exciting to start your trip across the Pacific.

@Cruising-along Enjoy your lunch with your BFF.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I hope the hip x-rays can give you and the PA some answers, and that the new doctor can help you.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good afternoon!  We arrived home about an hour late.  Our driver had a military affairs meeting at our community amenity center at 3 pm and he dropped us off at 10 to 3.  Plenty of time!   DH and I had an empty seat in our row so were able to spread out.  That hasn't happened in years!

In Dallas we were told they had to load sand into the cargo hold to balance the plane, but the pilot said due to runway construction at DFW they hold up arrivals to ease the strain on the remaining runways.  So maybe it was both that caused the delays.  It didn't affect us but several passengers were missing their connections.  I felt badly for them.  So I'm unpacked already.  Glad to be home even if we did enjoy our family time.  I'm sure you all have said the same thing at one time or another.  😉  I received my cruise photo book (Canada/Greenland/Iceland) and took a look through it.  Looks good!

Sandi, I'm glad you are safely home.  What a treat to have extra room on the plane.  Very unusual now days.

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and a big thank you to all!  This is such a great daily thread, and everyone is so supportive.  As a child I was very impressed with Johnny Appleseed and tried to emulate him, dropping seeds whenever I ate an apple.  I have no idea if any of them ever "took"...  Bits of languages learned, some people seem to have more ability to learn them than others.  I wonder if those are really what I think of as lamb chops in the recipes, real lamb chops I prefer to cook more quickly.  My mother used to make a "lamb hot pot" which used pieces that looked like those in the recipes.  

We just had a call from the urologist's office and now Pat has an appointment to go in in October, I wonder what that means.  I spent a long time yesterday trying to get appointments for Covid boosters for the three of us.  Evidently the new serum won't be here until after (Canadian) Thanksgiving, and if I book now, we will receive the old boosters which won't cover the new strain.   So I have to wait until October 9 to book, and we need to have our shots by the middle of October in order for them to cover us for the cruise.  So if we can't get an appointment in time, we'll have to go down to Bellingham and see if we can get them there.  I get some prescriptions from Walgreen's there, so will call them if we have to.  Evidently Spain wants boosters at least two weeks before arrival.  But I bet when we get there, they don't even check!

The atmospheric river we were supposed to get turned out to be just a trickle, but there was a lot of wind, and we had to clean up leaves, twigs and about a zillion acorns yesterday.  We are supposed to get rain tomorrow now, so I hope that works out.  The Horticulture Centre of the Pacific has agreed to take my ponytail palm and the bleeding heart vine we have in the house, and are getting to be too much work for us.  I am very pleased, I didn't want to have to destroy them.   DD bought the palm when she was in flight school, and it was in a 4 inch pot.  It has travelled quite a lot, but has been with us for the last 20 years or so.  We had the same thing happen when she was in university - she got a red-eared slider (turtle) and of course it came home to us when she moved on.  Eventually, we gave it to the National Zoo in DC.  I'm hoping that if there is a government shutdown, they continue to look after the animals at the zoo!  I worry about "Dork".

The ponytail palm

IMG_4141.thumb.jpeg.41238efbe8a7661586dc3230203518b9.jpeg

Ann, I hope the urologist appointment is just a routine follow up that could be scheduled sooner.  I'm glad you found a place to take the two large plants.  I hate to destroy plants that are healthy.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good afternoon, just had a phone call from the vet and Houdini’s bloodwork came back with mixed results. The thyroid is back to normal. 🎉

However, there is some kidney issues and he needs to go on a special diet and cut back on his favorite food chicken. They want to recheck him in 3months. So tomorrow we can pick up the new food.i hope he will eat it, he won’t be happy about the chicken cutback.

I'm sorry Houdini's tests were a mixed bag.  It 's good the thyroid is better, but sad about the kidney issues.  I hope he will like the new food, and not be too upset about the cut back of chicken.

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Sad news from Baltimore.  RIP Brooks Robinson.

Roy

Roy, thanks for letting us know about Brooks Robinson's death.  He was a class act.  RIP

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

37 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

thanks so much 🙂 

we enter in the Netherlands which has lifted all covid 19 requirements and my EU check said the same.  I appreciate you enlightening me.

We do visit Spain but I have my vaccination code with my passport and on my Ipad and phone so all will be good.  Well within the requirements of just 5 months.

Much appreciated again. 👍 

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

It seems to be on the spreadsheet now, but I haven't received email from you about it -- I asked for direct emails because there could be people in the roll call who aren't using the spreadsheet. I've been saying 8:15 for dinner, which is sort of early by Barcelona standards, but right for those coming from the museum.

I guess I hadn't read that far.  I'll email you!

• Like 6

When we got our covid shots yesterday the pharmacist said we no longer needed covid cards unless we wanted them. Our old card was full. I said yes I wanted a new card. She noted shot #7 and a sticker with the latest vaccine information. I don't want to get someplace where our record us still required. I added the cards to our passports.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

So sorry to hear about Houdini’s kidney issues 😔.   Hopefully you can transition Houdini slowly so the food will be eaten 🤞. I don’t envy you.

43 minutes ago, highscar said:

I maybe wrong, but I was in the impression your inoculations were not only on you’re OHOP card but also on your passport.  

It’s not on our Medicare record here for sure.  I was under the understanding we needed to download the QR code from the Federal Government to have the record  for travel internationally but I could be in error.  I have it with me to be on the safe side.  You never know when it may be needed or help.

30 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Interesting to see the requirements.  I haven't seen anything (yet) on our HAL health requirements.  The site says to check back closer to the time, but you'd think they would know what was going on!

We sail very soon Ann and the requirements haven’t changed.  No vaccination requirement to board.

20 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Sad news from Baltimore.  RIP Brooks Robinson.

Sad news, indeed. 😔 

13 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The testing was our first disappoint with anything we've done there.  The appointment was for 11:15, and they did see DH for the brief check in about that time.  However, he was not called back for the actual testing until after 12:15.  I was trying to go back with him, and the tech said she would be drawing blood, and she'd call me when she was finished.  Guess what?  I was never called back, and I could have helped answer some of the their questions.  

Once the testing was over, we headed across Harry Hines Blvd. for the CT scan.  That was a first class operation.  We were there about 1:10 for the 1:50 appointment.  As with many appointments at UTSW, they called DH back early, and he was finished quickly.  In fact, we had retrieved the car from the Valet parking and were already on I-35E headed home at the appointed time.  The Valet parking is worth the money, and if you have to go to several buildings on the same day, you only pay once.  We were home about 3:20, and after a long, busy day, we both needed a shower,  DH is now napping after one of the busiest days in quite a while.

I am sorry to hear that the first appointment didn’t go well.  thank heavens that the CT scan was smooth 👍 

Ugh on replacing the coils on the car.  Good luck with that job.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am sorry to hear that the first appointment didn’t go well.  thank heavens that the CT scan was smooth 👍 

Ugh on replacing the coils on the car.  Good luck with that job.

Thanks, Jacqui.  The appointment went well, they were just running late.  That is something we haven't encountered there before.  At least, we were still early for the CT scan, and were out of there a lot sooner than expected.  They say the pre-op tests can take 2 to 3 hours, and now we know why there is such a big time range.  I think he was back there for 30-45 minutes for tests and a lot of questions.

Replacing the coils shouldn't be that bad.  I did one last month, and actually took out and reinstalled the rest then.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14

I realized last night that my last couple of posts didn't post-or at least, I can't find them. Computer glitch or user error??

We ended up cancelling the Alaska cruise after putting $29,000 into the rental house-ouch. New roof, painting, gutters and back porch. It's next door so at least I can appreciate the fresh view. My niece lives there and she chose a limey green door to go with the medium dark gray and white trim.

I did get to travel with 3 friends last week-probably our last trip together. We've been traveling together for 30 years to conventions and meetings-now all of us are retired rural mail carriers. Cheri has finished her last chemo option but may start a new treatment using a T cell transfer. She's fought the ugly ovarian cancer for over 9 years, which has been amazing. We drove over 3200 miles, saw 6 National Parks and were still talking after 11 days together in a minivan.

The rain has finally returned to the Pacific Northwest. 2 1/2 inches for the month with 2.33 inches in the last 7 days and just over 1" in the last day. Not a lot by some standards, especially some of the major storms lately on the East Coast but finally something here. Take care everyone. (and I apologize if this is a repeat.)

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I agree with you about the lack of response when you take the time to answer a question or give advice.  I always wonder if they came back and read what I wrote.

It does make you wonder!  Recently on a roll call someone asked me a direct question, I answered it, and....crickets. I wondered if she'd missed my answer even though I quoted her.   Weeks later she said she had seen my answer (I don't remember now what brought it up, I didn't ask).  I had to wonder why she hadn't responded at the time then (?)

Home again after a very nice lunch with BFF.  We always have a lot to talk about, and lots of laughs.  The drive wasn't as bad as I feared, just some wind but not much rain.  

Since the subject of vaccinations has come up, I'm wondering if we should get the RSV vaccine too?  Are many of you getting it?  That would be a flu shot, RSV, and the new Covid vaccine...

• Like 13