The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 31st, 2023

richwmn

Happy Halloween! Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Sunny and chilly today. Just the way I like it. 

Working from home today wrapping up a lot of work. We don't get a lot of trick or treaters as I live on a fairly dark street with not a lot of kids. The Christmas shopping season starts tomorrow I believe. Christmas music will begin playing on SiriusXM on November 8th. I love Christmas music. People think I'm weird. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for Hallowen cat memes

• Like 27
  • Haha 3

It is a chilly start to the day at 42 going up to 50. There is a possibility of a shower or two and the trick or treaters will need layers tonight. It starts early here as the parents take the little ones around before it gets dark. DD and I enjoy seeing the neighborhood children so we will take turns manning the doors.

We were at this port during our British Isles cruise. DB and I went to the Underground Museum of the Occupation. It really was very well done and we spent a lot of time there. We then met up with DD DH and DSIL and went to a great waterfront restaurant for lunch. I remember that it was a beautiful sunny day. 
I would like the tofu but no one else here will. I am making bean and cheese enchiladas tonight as requested by our teenager. He is always hungry and such an enthusiastic eater. He has grown very tall ,well over six feet now .

• Like 33

35 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to St. Peter Port three times on BHBs, and never missed the port.  I sure thought we'd been there more.

In 2004, when the Noordam III stopped, it was a overcast and dreary day.  We took a city bus that made a loop of the island, but I don't have any pictures from the bus ride.   Here a a few from our walk around the harbor.  It was very low tide when these pictures were taken

IMG_3403.thumb.JPG.b92949b80b800676d11befa4a509ad52.JPG

IMG_3404.thumb.JPG.f21b6989c0652205e58c752a4e166b65.JPG

IMG_3407.thumb.JPG.a0f84da86abb62861c93d90079284776.JPG

One of Noordam's tenders

IMG_3409.thumb.JPG.c45f2bc708144d42623b6b5bcb0e4bf1.JPG

We were back in St. Peter Port on the Prinsendam in 2016 and 2017.  In 2016, we walked over to the war museum and then to Castle Cornet that is in the background of the picture just above this.

DSC06400.thumb.JPG.fa1862f050129ce24e9cb6c7e0643d8a.JPG

DSC06401.thumb.JPG.db50a2c003cda9b9d04be5117d8f04b3.JPG

DSC06403.thumb.JPG.150ce6fea8842af5f53f1cfbe52d9978.JPG

DSC06407.thumb.JPG.149ceb784bb6812c45579f3c29dd1d44.JPG

In 2016, there was a lady near the museum entrance selling her book about her experiences in St. Peter Port during the war.  It was fascinating to talk to her and hear some of her stories.  I now regret that I didn't buy the book.

A couple of pictures as we walked from the museum to the castle.  The swimming area along the beach with the Prinsendam and a P&O ship in the background.

DSC06412.thumb.JPG.cdd2699856abde496416b3f373b92db1.JPG

DSC06415.thumb.JPG.3a32723c75deda21d25cd70195cf7b0c.JPG

Castle Cornet

DSC06418.thumb.JPG.0fab1dccc291e15f11cf304f6381fb4a.JPG

DSC06419.thumb.JPG.873cc4d58e499d178a16e15e8dab8b60.JPG

DSC06423.thumb.JPG.408be2427f299342ca16c4cae8380711.JPG

DSC06425.thumb.JPG.410429f6e0f7cdcc6b1aec3c9a32ca07.JPG

Pictures from our walks around St Peter Port.  Most were taken in 2016, but there are one or two from 2017 when we just walked into town, did a little shopping and went back to the ship.

DSC06392.thumb.JPG.3cc167647ba123cc2b79ddf081a3481d.JPG

We went in the church in the picture above.  According to Google Maps, the church is called Town Church.

DSC06430.thumb.JPG.59dd729cd4fd623aabb70786563c5b3b.JPG

DSC06431.thumb.JPG.98ef3eb02b5f455c818a2da10a3df589.JPG

More pictures from our walks around town.

DSC06393.thumb.JPG.54343cd110c69b293f0b8e0cfc3df904.JPG

DSC09235.thumb.JPG.b0d24efdfaf1f97e9470f17dce3ac449.JPG

DSC06429.thumb.JPG.0f64a9c9df261420069455d96c5a589d.JPG

DSC06432.JPG

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here

Happy Halloween!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.  

- Jack

• Like 26

Good morning, everyone!

We are ready for any trick or treaters we may get.  We're not expecting any as the neighbors insist we won't get any.  No street lights and no sidewalks discourages them from coming.  My niece is bringing the littles over for cider and cupcakes.  We will be doing the leaves in the back yard this morning.  Fun, fun, fun.  

Today's meal sounds good for the vegetarians in the crowd.  We're having left over bean soup for dinner.  This first one is an easy, quick dinner.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/tofu-and-mushroom-stir-fry/

tofumushroomstirfry1.thumb.jpg.9ea1a73eaf1543dbbd65a70779403d34.jpg

Or maybe you'd like this variation.  It calls for baked or smoked tofu.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/277158/mushroom-tofu-stir-fry/

tofumushroomstirfry2.thumb.jpg.04afbd2deaa3fd9b9ba88e470e2b23c3.jpg

Or this one in a sweet sauce with a little heat for balance.  https://thefoodietakesflight.com/tofu-mushrooms-sweet-soy-sauce/

tofumushroomstirfry3.thumb.jpg.f340e63e64632f161d09bd88c27229f4.jpg

No matter what you choose for dinner, I wish you all a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Halloween everyone; we haven't carved a pumpkin since our DS left home.  I'm not sure how to increase one's psychic powers; sometimes I just know things and can't explain why or how.  Yay for the founder of Girl Scouts.

It's going to be a chilly one for the trick-or-treaters tonight as the temperature will be hovering around -2C (28F), but here on the "frozen tundra" it's customary to buy or make costumes that fit well over parkas and snow pants.  If a little one normally wears a size 4, buy a size 8 because you know it'll fit and they'll be warm.  We've got a couple of boxes of potato chips, juice boxes and mini chocolate bars at the ready - not sure how many we'll have at the door, but we're prepared for around 100.  

Good news - we made final payment on our February cruise yesterday, as did our friends.  It's making it seem all more real now.

@Vict0riannI'm glad you two made it to Barcelona and hope your mobility won't affect the enjoyment of your cruise.

@cruising sister sending good vibes for your DB's surgery and medical team.

@smitty34877I hope the antibiotics are taking hold for Tana, giving her better health and you less stress.

I'm going to give the drink of the day and wine a pass, and I'd try the menu suggestion if someone made it for me, but that's about it.  Because we're expecting to be at the door from about 3:30 on (when the little ones usually start coming), DH is going to go out and get us some KFC to munch on so we don't have to cook.  BTW, the Ninja did a great job of the salmon, potatoes and asparagus yesterday.  I had some figuring out as far as temperatures, but it worked well.  Tonight we'll be snacking on KFC near the front door.  And wine.

Halloween.thumb.jpg.6d0999c21c726149f9db9ff521dffc8b.jpg

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially those affected by natural disasters and wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Happy Halloween!   

Avanti Press Kitten Wearing Knit Pumpkin Hat Cute Halloween Card

Thanks for the daily reports Rich!   I was a Girl Scout during elementary school so I was so happy the group was formed.   I wish I had some psychic powers.    A good quote today.   I will pass on all of the comestibles today.   Many thanks for researching these for us everyday.   

Prayers for everyone on our care list and those who aren't on it but are ailing.   Prayers for all in war zones for no fault of their own, Israel, Ukraine and Gaza.   

It is 37 degrees this morning and going into the 20s tonight.   We might have a few kids for Halloween, I know our neighbors across the street are bringing their little kids over before trunk or treat.    We have larger lots in the neighborhood and no street lights so if we get any they will probably come by car.   My Zoom class was better than I thought yesterday.  Since there was almost 100 on the call everyone was asked to have no personal video.   Fine with me, I was able to do a great deal of vegetable chopping to make pork ossa bucco while viewing the class.   It turned out really well.    Class begins at 11:00 today.    

Many thanks for the lovely photos of St. Peter's Port today.  It looks like a charming place.   Have a nice Halloween!   Nancy 

• Like 30
  • Haha 3

Good morning,

It will be another cold day for Trick or Treating.  I will go to DS house and hand out candy while they walk with the kids. I am a fair weather grandma. My DB who is having the surgery loves Halloween and does his yard up beautifully. He is sad that he could not do it this year. His surgery is scheduled for 10 CST. 

I made it through yesterday better than I thought I would. It was my DH birthday. He and a dear friend’s dad had the exact same birthday. He died this past year from cancer too. Both men were super nice people. 

I will update when I have information on DB. Every have a great day. IMG_4986.thumb.jpeg.481b614f87fac114005622de26c287f8.jpeg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all. We had frost overnight again. DH removed the leeks yesterday, they are stored in sand. Some of the endive came inside, some remains covered in the garden. The parsnips are still in the ground. I cut some dill yesterday and put it in the fridge and I think the plants themselves are done. More frost tonight but then staying above freezing for several days. Geraniums are in for the winter and other flowers are cut and out for yard waste pickup.

halloween should be interesting. We have about 12 children on our block for the first time in many years so we will actually be handing out goodies at the door. When we moved here 53 years ago we were the upswing in children on the street. Now we are the Oldtimers! 

in other news, my cataract surgery on Dec 13 has been cancelled but rebooked for this Thursday! Will be a couple of days after for eyes to adjust and floaters to disappear. Thank goodness the font on the iPad can be easily magnified and I have audio books to listen to as I adjust. 

we visited the castle church in Wittenberg where Luther posted his 95 theses on a Viking River cruise on the Elbe. Being raised Lutheran I appreciate what he did for Protestantism but I was saddened to learn that he held fierce antisemitic views. 

prayers for those needing them and cheers to those celebrating.

• Like 31

It might be Halloween but my focus is elsewhere. Lots happening here. Some issues with the movers, they better call back today!  

Family coming in from Seattle tonight 🤞. I’ll have a pot of soup made if they need something. Mostly they’ll have to do their own thing, the pantry and freezer are getting drawn down so combinations are a bit weird, and they have special diets. I’ll get the key today from the kind friends who offered us their apt for the grandkids to use in their absence… our place is getting pretty crowded with boxes!  And the ever-growing pile of stuff the grandkids will take off our hands. DH succeeded in getting our Vivaldi concert tickets transferred to the friends… so sorry to miss the concert, love Vivaldi and our memories of hearing his music in Venice!  Glad to have a way to thank them. 

Great news Terri!  Happy for you and Jim to have some fun!  

Blessings to all in need, near and far. Cheers for those celebrating, cruising and enjoying Life 🌈. Thanks for being here!  M—

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

@Jazzy, Vanessa, I meant to say earlier that Tana is slowly improving and could come off the list. We appreciate all the prayers and support from this wonderful community. She is quite weak now and we have had to use the transport WC within the house. It is a little narrower than a standard  WC and can fit through the doors.

Thanks to all for wishing her well. She is an amazing woman with a large reserve of inner strength. Her positive attitude helps all of us here.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Happy Halloween!  It will be a cold one for sure.  If it is a typical year we will have 250 - 300 visitors tonight.  A busy two hours for me.

DH Bill says he will be ok for the trip Sunday on Anthem.  I had to scramble to order him a scooter yesterday but it all worked out.  

Have a great, spooky day.  Katherine 

• Like 28

Thank  you for the Daily and Fleet report, and the Dailyites’ posts, contributions and photos.  

It will be a cold Halloween 🎃👻 for little neighborhood ghosts, goblins, Barbies and Super heroes here tonight.  After this summer’s  weeks ( months !)  of 100 degree days, I actually had to turn the heat on this morning!  A brisk 47 to wake us up,  will be down to 38 tonight.  Comfortable 60s for highs, 

Treat, and not a Trick  for me!  Boarding the Harmony of the Seas tomorrow in Galveston, for a quick 4-day getaway.  

Happy Halloween and be safe.  Best wishes  for all in need, and smiles to all with good news and celebrating. 

AEFD0DFC-EF94-45EF-9608-75043E6E8345.jpeg

00D65C0A-8338-486E-9C3F-9CECDAFCA369.jpeg

864F9DBF-47F4-4EA4-8788-86B66A5522B0.gif

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Happy Halloween!

No pumpkin here to carve. I don't know if I have any psychic powers. I'll salute the Girl Scout founder. A quote from one of my favorite books. I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine. Dinner will be stuffed pepper soup. I haven't been to Guernsey Island. An important day in history.

It's cloudy here, and we may not get out of the 30's. Possible dusting of snow later. I have an appointment for a haircut this afternoon. I usually walk as it's around the corner, so I hope it won't be too big a challenge these days. I had less than 3 hours of sleep; whenever I'd get the pain to settle down, as soon as I laid down it was back. My leg really hurt this morning, but has settled down a bit now. I may try to do a little raking later. Not the yard, just the walkway and sidewalk, as curb pickup is tomorrow (or maybe Thursday due to Monday's rain).

@Vict0riann Sorry about your walking issues; I can relate. Back in May on my TA I really couldn't do any excursions with a lot of walking (although I did in Normandy because I just had to see things). 

@StLouisCruisers Great photos from St. Peter Port. The book you mentioned is on my radar to read.

@kazu Be careful when you go out! Thanks for the port photos.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely photos from St. Peter Port. 

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you feel better today; I had something similar yesterday, I think due to my RA injection. Congrats on the Caribbean cruise! You two deserve some relaxation time. And very nice of someone on the roll call to invite you to join them for dinner.

@smitty34877 I am glad Tana is feeling somewhat better, but sorry to hear that she's so weak. I hope that you are doing ok, as well.

@ger_77 Yay on the cruise final payment. I'm glad the Ninja air fryer is working out.

@cruising sister Prayers for a successful surgery for your DB. Hugs to you for getting through your DD DH's birthday. A very cute little one all dressed up.

@superoma Prayers all goes well with your cataract surgery on Thursday. 

@RMLincoln Prayers all works out with the movers! Enjoy the visiting family.

@Lady Hudson Good news.

@ocean sounds Enjoy your getaway!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, all! Yes, Halloween, and all the goblins will be out tonight. I wonder what the popular costume of the year will be? I was a Girl Guide leader for over 10 years, so that is always dear to me.

We are home from our Panama repositioning cruise on the Eurodam. It was our first time on the west side of Central America. We dodged two hurricanes in the Pacific, and diverted to El Salvador because of unrest in Guatemala. El Salvador was unexpected and amazing! It was the safest and least commercial port of the whole trip. Cruise ships are so rare the local schools were given the day off. Groups of students in blue and white uniforms waited at bus stops and corners for people needing directions as a chance to practise their English. The official currency of El Salvador is US dollars. Strange but true!

Happy Halloween, everyone! Enjoy the ghosts and goblins coming your way!

• Like 33

Evidently there is going to be a zombie parade tonight on the Rambla.  But We are going to dinner with some of the roll callers, organized by @kochleffel.  There will be a Mass tomorrow for All Saints at 9, in Catalan, in the cathedral across from our hotel, so we will probably attend and then check out and head for the Oosterdam.  

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Happy Halloween!  We had some snow falling earlier, but it is stopped for now.  It's sticking to the grass, but not the roads.  We don't usually get many many trick or treaters here...I'm leaving the candy out at the end of our driveway tonight. We're going to be gone.  

@StLouisCruisersI've read the book twice now, lots to think about when reading it.  Thanks for the pictures!  Thanks to all who share and care here!  

IMG_0143.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Fantastic photos collection Sandi.

I recognise a lot of the places you photoed.

A lot of our Guernsey visits I videoed.

We usually go in August and have been lucky to be able to tender each time.

Thanks Graham!  Glad to hear you've enjoyed Guernsey as well!

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all the Dailyites and Happy Halloween.

It is going to be another picture-perfect day here.  

I was under the weather yesterday with some sort of digestive ailment,  Thankfully it only lasted about 24 hours.  Seems to be over and I feel a lot better.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.  

Interesting days.  I don’t think I’ll carve a pumpkin.  As for psychic powers, not sure I have any.  Girl Scout Founder, Juliette Lowe is a Savannah native and I have visited her home on one of our tours of Savannah.  Don’t think i have any photos.

i really like the quote.  I also would like to take a spin on it and say that “I would rather than be happy than right” at times.  Meaning it is Bette to keep quiet.

I think I will skip the meal.  Tofu is not my thing.

The drink is too strong, but I will try the wine.

I have not been to St. Peter Port but thank you for the photos.  It looks like a very pretty place.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyVfor the Cares and Celebration List.  You do such a wonderful job in keeping up with all of us. Hope you are feeling better and the pain is getting under control. Prayers for all on the list. 

Continued prayers for Baby Murphy that she holds her own and gets to go home to her loving parents, who have been through so much.

Prayers for @smitty34877 for all you are going through and devotion to Tana.  Hope she is doing better.

Also prayers for @cruising sister ‘s DB as he goes through his surgery for amputation of is toe.

Also for @lazey1 and @Nickelpenny for relief of their health problems.

Cheers to those who are celebrating and cruising.

@aliaschief Your cruise on SB seems amazing.   Something to think about.

@kazu Glad another cruise is in your future.

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for the lovely photos.

@mamaofamiso glad that Sam is home and hope he continues to improve.

And I have some good news.  At the risk of jinxing something good, I am reporting that Jim and I are taking a Caribbean Cruise on November 19 for 12 days on the Oceania Vista—the brand new ship.  We were able to snag the last stateroom, which must have been a cancellation.  It is not the worst room on the ship, Not the best either, but we’ll make do.  Jim really felt so bad about what happened that he wanted to do something to make the situation better.  We will be on the ship for Thanksgiving. Since the dining reservations for specialty restaurants are virtually non-existent, someone on the roll call invited us to join them.  I think that was really nice.  Also, we know some people who are on the cruise and are happy about it.

We are leaving on Nov. 16 and driving to Miami.  Staying in mid Florida the first night and then two nights in Miami prior to the cruise.  I am really excited to get a break.  And Jim seems happy too.

Please pray we are able to make this happen.

I hope everyone has a great day and a happy Halloween.

God Bless,

Terri

Good luck to you and Jim on your upcoming cruise.  With your DH doing better now, it should be a fine way for you both to get away and be pampered.

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

It is a chilly start to the day at 42 going up to 50. There is a possibility of a shower or two and the trick or treaters will need layers tonight. It starts early here as the parents take the little ones around before it gets dark. DD and I enjoy seeing the neighborhood children so we will take turns manning the doors.

We were at this port during our British Isles cruise. DB and I went to the Underground Museum of the Occupation. It really was very well done and we spent a lot of time there. We then met up with DD DH and DSIL and went to a great waterfront restaurant for lunch. I remember that it was a beautiful sunny day. 
I would like the tofu but no one else here will. I am making bean and cheese enchiladas tonight as requested by our teenager. He is always hungry and such an enthusiastic eater. He has grown very tall ,well over six feet now .

Not surprising to hear the teenager is growing like a weed, what with all the great nutrition he receives with your cooking skills.  How old is he?

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

It will be another cold day for Trick or Treating.  I will go to DS house and hand out candy while they walk with the kids. I am a fair weather grandma. My DB who is having the surgery loves Halloween and does his yard up beautifully. He is sad that he could not do it this year. His surgery is scheduled for 10 CST. 

I made it through yesterday better than I thought I would. It was my DH birthday. He and a dear friend’s dad had the exact same birthday. He died this past year from cancer too. Both men were super nice people. 

I will update when I have information on DB. Every have a great day. IMG_4986.thumb.jpeg.481b614f87fac114005622de26c287f8.jpeg

What a darling trick or treater!  I'm glad you were able to get through yesterday alright, being your DD DH's birthday.  Hopefully it's easier as time goes by.  

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@Jazzy, Vanessa, I meant to say earlier that Tana is slowly improving and could come off the list. We appreciate all the prayers and support from this wonderful community. She is quite weak now and we have had to use the transport WC within the house. It is a little narrower than a standard  WC and can fit through the doors.

Thanks to all for wishing her well. She is an amazing woman with a large reserve of inner strength. Her positive attitude helps all of us here.

Terry, great news about Tana improving, though slowly, from her pneumonia.  Bless your household!

18 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! Yes, Halloween, and all the goblins will be out tonight. I wonder what the popular costume of the year will be? I was a Girl Guide leader for over 10 years, so that is always dear to me.

We are home from our Panama repositioning cruise on the Eurodam. It was our first time on the west side of Central America. We dodged two hurricanes in the Pacific, and diverted to El Salvador because of unrest in Guatemala. El Salvador was unexpected and amazing! It was the safest and least commercial port of the whole trip. Cruise ships are so rare the local schools were given the day off. Groups of students in blue and white uniforms waited at bus stops and corners for people needing directions as a chance to practise their English. The official currency of El Salvador is US dollars. Strange but true!

Happy Halloween, everyone! Enjoy the ghosts and goblins coming your way!

It was nice hearing about the schools in your El Salvadoran port being let out for the cruise ship arrival.  It was good to hear they were practicing their English as well.  That happened to us during our first time in Qaqortoq, Greenland in 2011.  Teens had clipboards with questions on it and would ask us to answer them, using their English language skills.  And the daycare brought all the pre-schoolers to the square to see all the strange "tourists".  Good times!

4 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Happy Halloween!  We had some snow falling earlier, but it is stopped for now.  It's sticking to the grass, but not the roads.  We don't usually get many many trick or treaters here...I'm leaving the candy out at the end of our driveway tonight. We're going to be gone.  

@StLouisCruisersI've read the book twice now, lots to think about when reading it.  Thanks for the pictures!  Thanks to all who share and care here!  

IMG_0143.jpg

Glad you like the book too!  I've never seen the movie believe it or not.  I think books are usually better anyway, don't you?  Sorry to hear about the snow there.  Those kids will have to work for their candy with weather like that on Halloween!

Vanessa @JazzyV I hope you can get the book soon.  It's stored on my Kindle so I can re-read it whenever I want.  I remember the first time I read it I thought, is the whole book going to be letters between the main character and her editor/publisher?  It's a unique concept but it works and you really get into it when the Guernsey characters begin sending letters too.  It's hard to conceptualize life as they knew it back then.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

She is adorable!  You must be one proud Grandma!   I'm glad you made it through yesterday ok.  It was my nephew's birthday as well.

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Thanks for the update on Tana.  She is blessed to have such a loving, caring family.  

@Cruzin Terri Congrats on the cruise!  I hope it is just what you and Jim needed.

@ger_77 A February cruise?  Where are you going?  How exciting!

@Vict0riann I have put pride aside and regularly use a cane if I have to walk long distances.  If I want to appear sporty instead of old, I use hiking poles.  

The leaves are all done again.  I hope this is the last for them.  The back yard should be just about done for the season.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Happy Halloween!

Halloween Memes

I like the Bronte quote.  I think it is important to value our own happiness and not to conform to what society expects of us.

Thank you @dfish for our daily recipes.  I love tofu; it is good for you and good for the planet.  It takes on the flavor of whatever sauce you are using.  I encourage everyone to give it another try.  An easy way would be to ask for a stir-fry dish at the Distant Lands station the next time you are on a BHB.

Thank you for everyone who post port pictures, my favorite part of the Daily.  I second @StLouisCruisers suggestion to read The Guernsey Literary Society and Potato Peel Society by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shaffer.  It is based a true events about what happened in Guernsey when the Germans occupied it during WWII.

A special shout out to @sailingdutchy @Vict0riann @kochleffel who are getting ready to sail from Barcelona on the Oosterdam.  I'm interested in the condition of the ship and any ongoing upgrades because I will be sailing on her around South America in February.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3