richwmn

Today is Apple Cider Day, Mickey Mouse Day, and National Princess Day

Turn up the lights. I don't want to go home in the dark. - O. Henry

Meal Suggestion for today - Indian Butter Chicken
Drink of the Day - Beam Ade
Wine of the Day - 2018 domaine Pellé menetou-salon morogues
Destination of the Day - Baie Comeau, Quebec, Canada

Today in History:
1626 St. Peter's Basilica is consecrated, replacing an earlier basilica on the same site and becoming the world's largest Christian basilica
1928 Walt Disney's "Steamboat Willie" released, first Mickey Mouse sound cartoon

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00

Koningsdam

San Diego, California, San Diego, California19 Nov 08:00 - 18:00 07:00 ,16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock - Palermo, Italy 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Cartagena Colombia 07:00 - 14:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 11-22

Zaandam

Punta del Este, Uruguay 10:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

Nosy Be Island, Madagascar 07:00 - 15:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Dunedin, Port Chalmers, New Zealand 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam eta 11-20

1118World.png.4e81f4857c070689d2b28281fb8a59fc.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 17

Good morning from a cool Southern Ontario.  Brrr it's -1C.

I don't like apple cider but I use apple cider vinegar sometimes.  Not a fan of Mickey Mouse.  My husband sometimes remembers to treat me like a princess.

Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal, the drink would be good in the summer.  I'd like to try the wine.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a good Saturday.

• Like 31

Good morning friends!  It is a warmish 56F this morning and will be a sunny day with a high of 70!  Sounds great to me!

Thanks Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.  All the princesses can celebrate Mickey Mouse Day and we can take care of 2 celebrations at once.  Apple cider is good on a fall day.  An interesting quote from O. Henry.  Another interesting item would be Indian butter chicken.  I have no idea what they're referring to but Debbie will solve that puzzle.  No thanks to the Beam Ade and I will have to see an explanation of the wine from Ann.  St. Peters Basilica has been around for quite a long time now, nearly 400 years though surely it's had some changes over the years.  A truly beautiful place to visit!  And whoopee for Steamboat Willie fans!  Thanks to our gals Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the great reports they provide every day.

Prayers said already today for all in Israel and Ukraine suffering through invasions and war as well as the remaining hostages.  Let's get them home!  Also for DB and my friends Scott and Bob along with their wives doing the hard work of caretaking.  Prayers that all here will soon see pain free days and improved health situations.  I don't know how you all do it and still remain active and for the most part positive. 🙏 Cheers to everyone celebrating happy things in their lives and those cruising the seven seas.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for taking the time to update the lists for us.🚢🥂

I heard last night on CC that the ports of Ashdod and Haifa were removed from our Nov. 2024 Ultimate Mediterranean and Atlantic Passage cruise which is the reason we booked it.  I have to discuss it with DH but I have a feeling we will cancel it.  It's one of the two 42 day cruises some certain relatives had booked too so I'm not too upset at missing half of that unique experience!  It would have been 10 years since our last Holy Land cruise and I am very sorry about that aspect of it.

The port this morning is Baie Comeau, Quebec, Canada.  I just know that must be a gorgeous place because it sounds so glamorous.  Last time we had this Quebec city was August 28, 2022 but I had no photos and neither did Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.  Somehow we've both passed it by on our travels and never stopped as we sailed past.  Here is the link for those who have seen it and I saw several posts with photos.  Please share them again with everyone!  Thanks in advance!

Hoping you all have a great Saturday!  Stay safe and well.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

Tomorrow will be my late Dad's 97th birthday.

Pauline is called Princess Pau by Sarah and most of her work friends.

We have been to WDW Florida and Disneyland Paris many times and Mickey and Minnie are our favourites.

Today's food sounds nice.

We had Giant Indonesian king prawns for dinner last night which they took out of their shells for us.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a great day.

IMG_20231117_184840.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 34

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Lazey1 having post Covid/rebound, now bronchitis and CHF flare

Marshhawk with pulmonary issues during/following her cruise

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

RMLincoln’s niece with high risk pregnancy

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

BON VOYAGE CRUISE SUZY!

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

Cruzin Terri in Miami, FL  for her cruise

Quartzsite Cruiser (and Steve) driving the motor home to Quartzsite

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista Nov 19 to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami)

4 days for Nickelpenny (Volendam Nov 22 to Dec 10) Circle Hawaii

6 days for Himself (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer

6 days for Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam Nov 24 to Jan 14)51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean seafarer/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)

Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia to Nov 20, Eastern Caribbean), Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific), Rafinmd (Rotterdam to Nov 24, Panama Canal Sunfarer), GTVCruiser (Koningsdam to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal), Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels) and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 19

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a warmish morning but will get colder as the winds arrive later this afternoon.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me but I think DH would pass on it. Today’s agenda is wrapping gifts for our trip to PA, we will celebrate Christmas during Thanksgiving.  I’ll put up the Christmas tree.  I threatened to clean the living room which makes DH a flight risk.  We were at today’s port in September and enjoyed our visit.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

River didn’t like what was served for breakfast so went off menu.
image.thumb.png.68d1837e97f2a7b30c3ce0c09d045f4a.png

• Like 28
  • Haha 5

Morning everyone! I am suing a separate post to let you all know that Rich is putting together the 2024 “Wine List”. 

I will be giving him the names of some of my new discoveries, but he liked my idea of asking you to share some of your discoveries!

If you send me their names or even a picture of their label, I will add them to the list I am putting together for Rich. 

The good thing is we can always use them. So even if we get too many to add to the 2024 list, they can make the next year’s list. 

Just send me an email at annge3@gmail.com & I will pull the list together. 

Ann

• Like 22
  • Thanks 13

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich

& thanks Debbie, Dixie, Ann & Vanessa.

Great collection of days.  Every girl should be made to feel like a princess.  Who doesn’t remember Mickey Mouse or growing up with him.  

IMG_1715.gif.90e3433b156ccc20ce424681697232d8.gif

Seems appropriate his day matches the release of Steamboat Willie.  A whole new world at the time.

LOL on the O Henry quote.  The meal sounds intriguing.  I’ll have to wait to hear on the wine.  Baie Comeau is very nice and well worth a visit.  I was there many years ago - but by land not by ship.  Wow - nearly 400 years since St. Peter’s Basically was consecrated.  Amazing.

IMG_1699.thumb.jpeg.802bfd592b6a408a039c3a8e376bbec3.jpeg

Yesterday’s work outside was a challenge.  The wind was cold and vicious.  Ivan and I got a good chunk done though but I can’t declare a total success.  It nearly feels warmer today and I don’t think we have the wind so if it stays like that I will head out.  Pretty sure the minute I step outside the storm will hit 😉  Not too worried about it.  If I have to hire help in the spring I will.  At least the storm should bring down the remaining leaves that are stubbornly clinging to the trees.

IMG_1684.jpeg.36522af54fb9a1ca7d5df40486d741b0.jpeg

Lots to do inside and more sorting and boxing to give away to do.  Hope to have a few more boxes to add to my 10 that are done for this upcoming Thursday.

IMG_1687.jpeg.7bbeab8b1c0e82a90d71957fd047805b.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries and those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂

IMG_1713.gif.64e2cdb594312b10cd9fcf15f08c6f70.gif

Have a great Saturday everyone.

• Like 31
  • Haha 7

A quick good morning from a chilly central Texas before I pack up my computer.  It is 56F and feels like 56F with 100% humidity.  The dew point at 52F.  Hopefully, we won't have fog when we leave a bit later this morning.  It looks like we'll be in the 50s and 60s as we head to Arizona today.

Neither of us is a fan of apple cider, so others can have our share.  Mickey Mouse was a big part of growing up and our visits to Disneyland and WDW.  I hope all princesses celebrate today.

The O. Henry quote is a rather strange quote from a strange author.

Today we'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.  Supper will be leftover one pot Mexican beef and corn casserole.  There may be a glass of red wine included.

As Sandi @StLouisCruisers said, we have not been to today's port.

It's hard to realize St. Peter's Basilica is almost 600 years old.  It is a lovely church to visit, which we've done twice.  The release of Steamboat Willie was the beginning of an entertainment empire.

@cat shepard  Ann, I like your idea of wine suggestions from Dailyites. If I find a good one, I'll let you know.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you and Ivan can finish the yard work before the storm hits.

Now, it's time to pack up the computer and any remaining items.  I'll check in later today.

362695139_610833111189646_4340448461487807275_n.jpg.d19fc19ada2ba39bb3a1bb3ff4c28293.jpg

398728909_249706024765705_2645745588214921883_n.thumb.jpg.44251e682a00b0896bbf91d96ba2c6ce.jpg

401462108_727800999382910_8626213308666194439_n.thumb.jpg.93af2138b9ee9137b581c8ef7ed3c333.jpg

402597233_309924575278944_3940282529406210626_n.jpg.a46877e949438680091f0484a728f7ea.jpg

398561277_122137647986015917_9115719219096077915_n.jpg.d615543b9e5af13a779799614846e32b.jpg

Lenda

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Good morning everyone.  Happy preThanksgiving weekend.  Lots for me to get done as company coming later this week. 

Health issues continue here.  DH Bill continuing with cipro for urinary tract pain.  Seems to be getting better but what worries me is that DH had pain also in October when I was away with DS Karen.   Because urgent care doctor said to go directly to hospital emergency if this happens again I am worried.  Dr implied other conditions may be impacting urinary tract.  Speaking of DS Karen - she has been hospitalized for the past two nights with stomach pains.  Tests are clear but pain continues.  It never seems to end!  

Best wishes for all as we enter a very busy time of the year.  Katherine 

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 17

2 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning everyone.  Happy preThanksgiving weekend.  Lots for me to get done as company coming later this week. 

Health issues continue here.  DH Bill continuing with cipro for urinary tract pain.  Seems to be getting better but what worries me is that DH had pain also in October when I was away with

DS Karen.   Because urgent care doctor said to go directly to hospital emergency if this happens again I am worried.  Dr implied other conditions may be impacting urinary tract.  Speaking of DS Karen - she has been hospitalized for the past two nights with stomach pains.  Tests are clear but pain continues.  It never seems to end!  

Best wishes for all as we enter a very busy time of the year.  Katherine 

I'm sorry to hear of the health issues with your DH and your DS Karen.  I hope things can be cleared up soon for both of them.  Very worrying with all the unknowns.

And to @Cruise Suzy bon voyage and enjoy your Eurodam cruise!

• Like 22

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Turn up the lights. I don't want to go home in the dark

O Henry, born William Porter, famous short story writer, well known for his Christmas story The Gift of the Magi.  Did you know he embezzled from the bank where he was working, fled the country to Honduras, returned when he found out his wife was dying, served his time in prison and died a poor man, probably from alcoholism. These were O Henry’s last words, on his death bed in 1910.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 18

Good early morning,

I had trouble sleeping last night but I don't feel bad this morning. DGS has his 6th bday party with friends today. It is at one of those jumping places. DGD is to young and to small so we will hang out together. I have organized some of my squirrel piles and hope to get them in a suitcase later today or tomorrow. 

Have a great weekend. 

• Like 30

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Though we had more rain yesterday, it was nothing like Thursday’s volume. We even saw the sun twice! Bindi was so much happier. So was I. And this morning the sun is out!

Vanessa, I was happy to read that you are somewhat comfortable in your computer chair. But I pray your medical team finds a permanent solution to your pain. 

Today is all mixed up. Aldi, Bindi walks, wine tasting and then dinner provided by friends. They know I have to come home after the wine tasting to take care of Bindi, so they said they would just bring supper here. Bindi will never know how lucky she is. 

IMG_2008.jpeg.c4da55ae75917cdbae99a9ba6ca1905e.jpeg

IMG_2007.jpeg.90886ce8a9bb9dc23394db1c95f23e95.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg.442b8bd557875f8ead5d495fcb234334.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families and your support teams. 

For all our debilitating pain sufferers - Debbie, Penny, Pat, Ann & Vanessa, may you each find relief and a permanent cure. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @RMLincoln Maureen, May each day get you more settled.

May we each find a reason to smile today!

2018 domaine Pellé menetou-salon morogues

For some reason, I could not copy & paste the following info, so this is a screen shot of the best info I could find on this white wine from the Loire Valley. It is available from a decent number of online distributors with prices starting at $21.99.

Distributor notes

IMG_2020.thumb.jpeg.a1a569c2f64182b8b8c038715a4cd9d1.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 2

Bon Voyage @Cruise Suzy.  Have a great time and a WONDERFUL cruise!

IMG_1665.jpeg.e89ab3bd282f93c0f12366c176167ead.jpeg

I’m sorry I don’t have your email/address @Suslor.  Forgive me for posting here but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your thoughtfulness & kind donation.  Thank you so much. ♥️ 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Missed posting yesterday as I had an early client and then just got busy with appointments and committee meetings. 

I would try the meal of the day as well as the drink. 

Today I am going grocery shopping to pick up food for Thanksgiving dinner. Trying to get out early to beat the rush. 

Cloudy and warm today. Should be a good cleaning day. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.acc9ac0251d3163e068e2d96cc510f7c.png

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

Good morning. Have been to today’s port of call several times and not a favorite. Not much to see. Pay local shuttle to get into town, see our church but you’ll have to pay to enter. Main attraction was a dam that produced hydro electricity. There was one small church that welcomed us and gave us some samples of maple syrup fudge and the recipe.

Currently 62 with clear skies and temperature will rise to 78. Maybe a ride in the Spyder with the top down. Maybe a visit to our local farmers market and a local church is having a German type Christmas bazaar. I remember growing up in Vermont and going to a cider mill. That apple cider was so good compared to today’s pasturized.
The news never seems to mention lately what’s going on in Ukraine but our prayers continue as well as for Israel and the innocent citizens of Palestine. For all of you having aches, pain, medical issues and losses we got you covered also.

It will be a busy week of travel and I’m glad we are staying home. Turkey will start thawing today. Have Thanksgiving dinner at neighbors house but we are doing the turkey, oyster dressing, Hubbard Squash and cranberry sauce. Neighbors doesn’t like to cook but she is providing mashed and sweet potatoes and some sides.

Enough rambling. Thanks for the Fleet Report and postings. Always good hearing from you. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.965a0b5a9172af9e887e050e2a4ef896.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.997f59495689747541015a1b342c2505.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2ad8c0939d24cde17c7354bd235728a1.jpegimage.jpeg.f25e04e36d00b9bdbc8e8d7f11411314.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2126caf94ce785a5ce793bcf7c59d7f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.365d4ed619060afabc2bb2c6c9c0fe14.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 20
  • Haha 16

Good morning. It was 55 earlier but the temperature will drop all day and end up in the thirties tonight and tomorrow. I am driving up to see DS and family tomorrow. I will stay for a week. I am a little nervous about leaving here but the rest of the family will take over what I usually do. The teenager said he expects there will be a lot of pizza!

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I wish you and Steve safe travels to Arizona. It certainly was a lot of work to get everything ready. I admire your energy and enthusiasm.

@cat shepard,Ann, yesterday was the first day since Lou died that I woke up feeling like myself again. All of your good wishes have certainly helped and I thank you again.

A big thank you to everyone here who sends such kind words and prayers our way. I am aware that the ups and downs will continue but it is a relief to want to get up and going again.

I have sworn off cooking until I return next week so we will see what dinner looks like later. I have not been to the port.Apple cider is not a favorite. I remember DGD’s Princess phase and watching “Frozen” with her.

Have a great day everyone 

• Like 36

Good morning Daily-ites, 

It's the weekend already?? We have had a busy week. The backyard and patio are totally cleared, cleaned and put away for winter. A little tidy up in the garage and outsides are complete. 

I addressed and stamped Christmas cards and put them in the Luggage Forward suitcases. I'll write them out when we board next week. 

The Christmas gifts are wrapped and ones being sent to our great nephew are in the mail.

Oliver had his beauty parlor day. Looked so cute, the groomer added a little tie to his collar for Thanksgiving. 

The new storm door/doggie door was installed on Thursday. Oliver is still in learning mode.

Had several more Dr appointments. One new doc was pretty obnoxious and I've written our primary to drop him as DH urologist. Just 2 dental check ups next week and we should be good to go.

I'm sorry our Daily friends are still suffering through pain and illness. It's hard watching the news with all the suffrage in the world. Prayers lifted to all. 

Ann I'll go make a picture of one of my favorite wines. The name of the wine is Santa Marina. For my birthday last month we had a good laugh as friends brought bottles of Santa Martina and Santa Margarita. 

20231118_074841.thumb.jpg.23e912d3f2e27c11b5fa9150e96fa38e.jpg

And Oliver in his sporty tie. 

20231117_110035.thumb.jpg.68f3fbfda5484b4ebaa05f7cdabd19c8.jpg

Wishing everyone a happy weekend. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2