Saturday November 25th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Small Business Saturday

Today is National Parfait Day, Maize Day, and Shopping Reminder Day

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.--Albert Einstein

Meal Suggestion for today - Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers
Drink of the Day - Vesper
Wine of the Day - 2020 Cass Viognier
Destination of the Day - Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Today in History:
1783 Britain evacuates New York city, its last military position in the United States

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Basseterre St Kitts, Port Zante 08:00 - 17:00

Koningsdam

San Diego, California, San Diego, California27 Nov 11:00 - 18:00 07:00 ,15:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Dry Dock - Palermo, Italy 00:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

Callao-Lima, Peru 16:00 - 27 Nov 18:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles eta 11-29

Volendam

At Sea Destination Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island Hawaii eta 11-28

Zaandam

Salvador de Bahia, Brazil 08:00 - 23:00

Zuiderdam

Cape Town, South Africa 8:00-

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Auckland, New Zealand 7:00-17:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Jakarta, Java Indonesia eta 11-27

1125World.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 17

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP

Lady Hudson’s DH Bill with urinary tract issues

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Heartgrove testing positive for Covid post cruise

Dobiemom with sinus issues

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues, recovering from pneumonia

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Av8rix!

Welcome home GTVCruiser

Rafinmd in FLL; auto-train home on Tuesday

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & can be held!

Haljo1935 in Rome prior to cruise

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

Quartzsite Cruiser (and Steve) back in Quartzsite with the new motorhome

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam Nov 26 to Dec 10) 14n Passage to America, celebrating tk cruiser’s birthday onboard

Cruise Suzy (Eurodam to Nov 29, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer), arzz (Seabourn Sojourn to Dec 1, Leeward Island Jewels), Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista to Dec 1, Caribbean Wanderlust Miami to Miami), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami), Himself (Rotterdam to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer, Niagarawine(Rotterdam to Dec 3) Southern Caribbean Seafarer,  Nickelpenny (Volendam to Dec 10, Circle Hawaii), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6) 10n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday and Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14)51d B2B2B2B2B Southern Caribbean/PC Sunfarer (21n) + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

We had snow yesterday, ugh.  Walking was a little difficult but it looks like the sidewalks and road are clear this morning. 

I salute small businesses but won't be patronizing any today.  I'd like a parfait.  Maize (corn) is an important crop.  A month before Christmas, I guess that's why it's Shopping Reminder Day.

I like the quote.

I'll pass on the meal, not sure about the drink or wine.

Prayers for many.

Bon Voyage @AV8rix

• Like 26

Good morning friends!  Today it's 38F and we expect a high of 59 and partly cloudy skies.  I intend to stay inside today and did a small amount of online shopping on Black Friday.  Late yesterday afternoon I started feeling unwell and could only eat a few bites of dinner.  Still don't feel great this morning and intend to take it very easy until this goes away.  Tummy hurts when I put food or drink into it, so not a Covid-related problem.  I skipped my treadmill today and stayed in bed.

Thanks once again Rich @richwmn for our Fleet Report and Daily.  National Parfait day would be nice if I felt like eating.  Maize day only reminds me of Michigan's Maize and Blue, not corn, and it is also Shopping Reminder Day.  We won't forget Small Business Saturday here in the U.S.  An interesting quote by Einstein.  I like meat in my stuffed bell peppers but would probably not like the drink or wine. 🍷 Looks like Britain hung around for a while with their military presence here after the Revolutionary War.  Maybe they thought we'd fall on our faces!  Anyway, thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their food and beverage reports for today.

Prayers for all our Daily family sick, in pain, or suffering in some way.  Also to those in Israel and Ukraine and may there be happy reunions with the hostages being released.  Special prayers for DB, friends Scott and Bob and their wives who care for them.  🙏  Three cheers for those celebrating happy events and especially the cruisers. 🥂  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists today and I hope last night wasn't a sleepless one. 

One of our two kid's teams will no longer be undefeated after the Michigan-Ohio State game being held at the Big House in Ann Arbor.  Ren wanted to go to the game so DS went hunting for two tickets, but I haven't heard if that was successful or not.  I will ask once everyone is awake there.  I don't watch big games like this because I can't handle the stress.😮

The port today is a very nice one, Melbourne (Victoria), Australia.  We were there twice in 2013 and once in 2017 so I have pictures!  This was our port on January 25, 2022.  Here's the link:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Normally a busy time of the year.  Stay safe and well!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Melbourne, Australia!  Our first cruise down under was in 2013 on Diamond Princess.  There were two stops in Melbourne.  The first time it was raining and windy so we bundled up and took our umbrellas and went for a walk. I believe we ended up at Queen Victoria Market.  Home to more than 600 small businesses, it's a great place to find fresh and specialty produce, handmade and unique products, great coffee and food, souvenirs and clothing.  Somehow I lost one of my favorite earrings during that walk.  Then the second time the weather was better so we walked to a nearby beach.  

But I think we enjoyed our third time there in 2017 while on Sun Princess the most.  That day we had a plan to walk to the end of the port area, cross the street and follow the tram line all the way to downtown Melbourne.  Most people bought tickets and took the tram but what fun is that?  It was actually quite a nice walk if you don't have any mobility issues.  This is the end of the port area where we crossed the street to the tram line.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgQhOchwDKZ3bjBY2P8frt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560317

And this is the building you go into to buy your tram tickets.  Looks like some crew waiting for the next ride into downtown.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-nG2_d7wtnyuLMQf0bfqb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560326

This is the walkway along the tram line, which is on the right side of the photo.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK9Hcai_-fef4k6PRzeDxET?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559983

And here comes the next tram flying past us going the other way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_z5CdOAPEhhwJEHKEII5m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559988

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKupWvwgvNjg40XD8GACczI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1643136775

Finally made it to the main road at the end of the tram pathway.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZtPiSy1wK8B3h0xSNHTD8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560169

The Yarra River runs right through the city.  You can take lunch, dinner or day cruises on the beautiful river and be surrounded by the city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLslelav6AnEpPcRpDWye2N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605484

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKfEiOBWPSnMOG-aE1Q_4n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560187

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8yaBA0sfNg8GPBoCsTOQz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560188

Here is their aquarium.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7DJJT8EefJpu5ID_l_TMX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560196

This building says it's the Immigration Museum.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkDk0CjNISASZPFlxLOR8S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560216

Near that was St. Paul's Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8sh_S8LF9TycMIqmlQkAn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560228

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmpr9CgB2dggDPd9zALbYm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560240

I looked this up.  It's the Australian Centre for the Moving Image in Federation Square.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlgPZd7Qm6ZLfJgxM9oOkr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560245

At this point we decided to turn around and walk back to the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-N4rjc6gAB6S1pUNpbMNS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1643137433

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJyx2DXsnd54sYXnDuOkuCx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560256

The downtown is really stunning.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsu_IbgM2QbpBPUU87YpOK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560261

You can see the Sea Life Aquarium across the river during the walk back.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvl0LTNRvyRXwRCNyHP2kY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560271

Artwork outside a building.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKWMXXrgBdK9rMPrmKjL0ck?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560279

That's when we heard this helicopter start up across the river.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAcqnL7F0f8FOdK-sMbfgs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560288

A lot of people stopped to watch it head out.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQy0b6kmQhEXGv36GR8Gol?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560312

The weather in Melbourne is very changeable and any native will tell you that!  We walked all the way back to the ship and enjoyed it very much even though we later calculated it was a 9 mile walk that day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good morning Daily-ites on day 2 of the Beautiful Rotterdam.

We have the same accessible cabin as last year (5055) If anyone wants to see my pictures they are on halfacts.

The bathroom had a slight sewery smell and our cabin stewards Olih and Eko came in with their trusty kits, pulled the grates out and thoroughly cleaned the drains. All good.

Yesterday's lunch was sea bass in the MDR. The Mariners lunch was at the same time and their line was past Club Orange, so we decided to pass as we have 5 more Mariners lunches between now and Jan 14th.

Luggage Forward was good to their word on delivery and I was starting to partially unpack before sail away.

Sail away at sea view was wild. Music, dance, drinks, appetizers. We saw 2 more crew members with hugs all around.

Dinner was at Pinnacle Grill. Another past crew member Dida was with us. We had lobster bisque, mushroom soup and both had halibut. Dida said the switch from Pacific to Atlantic changed the type of halibut and it was more flakey than meaty but still very good. I couldn't fall asleep til well after 1am. I felt like a stuffed turkey.

Today is a sea day with plenty of activities. Looks like there are many pickleballers on board as there is a reservation notice on the Daily today. 

We are invited to the wine tasting at 2 in the MDR, so will stop by after our lunch and join in. Dinner tonight is in the MDR.

@kazu thinking of you as you experienced José birthday alone. Glad you were with a friend.

Prayers lifted this morning for all on our well kept list by Vanessa, Sandi's brother and friends, as well as my personal prayer book. My heart goes out to Israel, Ukraine and all who are suffering in war torn countries. 

My sweet Allen is stirring so best get going. Blessings to you this 25th day of November!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich

And thanks Debbie, Dixie, Vanessa & Ann.

Great collection of days.  Yay for small business and small business Saturday!  Maize was such an important crop for so long.  I’ll celebrate shopping reminder at small businesses today 🙂 

Great quote by Einstein and so true.  The meal sounds interesting and I believe that grape today is a delicious white one 🤞 We were in Melbourne a couple of decades ago and enjoyed the city and it’s people very much.

IMG_1234.thumb.jpeg.bfc151d1887cb53c808ce706c7741092.jpeg

Had a nice lunch with my BFF and she started to talk about the cruise at the end so I think she’s starting to look forward to going 🤞 

Christmas markets are on here to help fundraise for good causes and support small business so a visit to one of those is on my itinerary today.  A lot of my Christmas stuff is started and nearly done but I might change my tune on that depending on what I see/find today 😉 

IMG_1229.jpeg.3e6ea0f86007211aca999c1a3a53179c.jpeg

Along with that, I’m searching for a couple of email addresses to get some thank you’s out.  Charging the old Ipad in the hopes they are there.  For some reason they don’t seem to have carried over to my new one.

IMG_1233.jpeg.3c5d609d9b958622d8bd549cb3251889.jpeg

@dfish wow on all of your trees!  They look fabulous. That’s a lot of work to get them all up in one day!  You are really full of Christmas spirit 🎄 

@AV8rix I know you are unplugged but I hope you have a great cruise today.  Bon Voyage 🛳️ 🥂

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, pain, worries and those that need them 🙏   Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1682.thumb.jpeg.19a61c3a0a462b516d9c83b2d422f0c1.jpeg

Have a good Saturday everyone.

• Like 23
  • Haha 12

23 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Melbourne, Australia!  Our first cruise down under was in 2013 on Diamond Princess.  There were two stops in Melbourne.  The first time it was raining and windy so we bundled up and took our umbrellas and went for a walk. I believe we ended up at Queen Victoria Market.  Home to more than 600 small businesses, it's a great place to find fresh and specialty produce, handmade and unique products, great coffee and food, souvenirs and clothing.  Somehow I lost one of my favorite earrings during that walk.  Then the second time the weather was better so we walked to a nearby beach.  

But I think we enjoyed our third time there in 2017 while on Sun Princess the most.  That day we had a plan to walk to the end of the port area, cross the street and follow the tram line all the way to downtown Melbourne.  Most people bought tickets and took the tram but what fun is that?  It was actually quite a nice walk if you don't have any mobility issues.  This is the end of the port area where we crossed the street to the tram line.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgQhOchwDKZ3bjBY2P8frt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560317

And this is the building you go into to buy your tram tickets.  Looks like some crew waiting for the next ride into downtown.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-nG2_d7wtnyuLMQf0bfqb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560326

This is the walkway along the tram line, which is on the right side of the photo.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK9Hcai_-fef4k6PRzeDxET?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559983

And here comes the next tram flying past us going the other way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK_z5CdOAPEhhwJEHKEII5m?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513559988

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKupWvwgvNjg40XD8GACczI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1643136775

Finally made it to the main road at the end of the tram pathway.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZtPiSy1wK8B3h0xSNHTD8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560169

The Yarra River runs right through the city.  You can take lunch, dinner or day cruises on the beautiful river and be surrounded by the city.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLslelav6AnEpPcRpDWye2N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605484

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJKfEiOBWPSnMOG-aE1Q_4n?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560187

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8yaBA0sfNg8GPBoCsTOQz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560188

Here is their aquarium.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7DJJT8EefJpu5ID_l_TMX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560196

This building says it's the Immigration Museum.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkDk0CjNISASZPFlxLOR8S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560216

Near that was St. Paul's Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8sh_S8LF9TycMIqmlQkAn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560228

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmpr9CgB2dggDPd9zALbYm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560240

I looked this up.  It's the Australian Centre for the Moving Image in Federation Square.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlgPZd7Qm6ZLfJgxM9oOkr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560245

At this point we decided to turn around and walk back to the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-N4rjc6gAB6S1pUNpbMNS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1643137433

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJyx2DXsnd54sYXnDuOkuCx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560256

The downtown is really stunning.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsu_IbgM2QbpBPUU87YpOK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560261

You can see the Sea Life Aquarium across the river during the walk back.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvl0LTNRvyRXwRCNyHP2kY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560271

Artwork outside a building.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKWMXXrgBdK9rMPrmKjL0ck?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560279

That's when we heard this helicopter start up across the river.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAcqnL7F0f8FOdK-sMbfgs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560288

A lot of people stopped to watch it head out.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQy0b6kmQhEXGv36GR8Gol?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513560312

The weather in Melbourne is very changeable and any native will tell you that!  We walked all the way back to the ship and enjoyed it very much even though we later calculated it was a 9 mile walk that day!

Nice photos Sandi.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday! Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly today. Have the "fireplace" on this morning. Today I will begin getting the Christmas lights up. Not much going on today. 

Thinking of all on the call list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.3b520d2941a9a5d9839d865a8add73a2.png

• Like 25

Good morning Going to be pretty much a repeat of yesterday.Have been to Melbourne and I very much agree with today’s quote. Sandi thanks for the pics and hope you’re feeling better soon.

As for many it was leftovers and tonight is going to be turkey soup.

It’s brisk in the house and almost an invitation to get back under the covers.

It will be interesting to hear about my knee Monday as the last couple of days it’s felt fairly normal.

Sue being from Michigan we’’ll be watching the Michigan and Ohio game. Go Blue!

Thanks for the reports and prayers where needed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.d2557bf023d3c5260ca0c1e827e0cda1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.80e2b4f1f108677e93429a85620ba830.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fa9def3775b6471a602ce51444dee357.jpegimage.jpeg.796f76660aa3757aba7cd42299192ab3.jpegimage.jpeg.2ba5e1f4a4bfe1fe4b4742c92234ab19.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ebacefe8d066cc672a3b2f828cbabc84.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20

3 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Happy Saturday! Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly today. Have the "fireplace" on this morning. Today I will begin getting the Christmas lights up. Not much going on today. 

Thinking of all on the call list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.3b520d2941a9a5d9839d865a8add73a2.png

I love your daily cat meme's @Denise T

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Vesper cocktail:

The Vesper or Vesper Martini is a cocktail that was originally made of gin, vodka, and Kina Lillet. The formulations of its ingredients have changed since its original publication in print, and so some modern bartenders have created new versions which attempt to more closely mimic the original taste. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Gin
Ingredients: 1/2 oz Vodka, 1/4 oz Lillet Blonde, 2 oz Gin
Preparation: Shake over ice until well chilled, then strain into a deep goblet and garnish with a thin slice of lemon peel.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Lemon Peel
Drinkware: Champagne Coupe, Cocktail glass

Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 7.35.42 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 13

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Yesterday was wet & raw.  I had hoped to kayak, but no luck. But I got all the Christmas stuff out & deep cleaned all the areas they’ll go, so when my family is here on Sunday, we can get started. 

Vanessa, thank you for taking such amazing care of our lists. I noticed you didn’t believe you had any hidden talents. But you are WRONG. You have the amazing talent for ferreting out birthdays, anniversaries, important happenings and reasons to smile. And then sharing them.  I pray that you will soon have a permanent relief to your pain. 

Zumba, Bindi walks, chores, cooking some garlic lemon shrimp for supper at a friends & picking up Panera Baja bowls on the way. And we will try some dark chocolate balls filled with limoncello from The Vermont Country store for dessert. Her oldest daughter is in town, and we will be decorating her place for Christmas. 

IMG_2044.jpeg.6f5026af7b6e148225fb6d1bc7318ea5.jpeg

IMG_2066.jpeg.a5cf70d5e1dc97d1d5a010775006bbc3.jpeg

IMG_2063.jpeg.cc2fed4f561bef59c31e915ea40409d7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those suffering from debilitating pain or conditions. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! @smitty34877 Terry, safe travels home today. Smart to go today. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

2020 Cass Viognier

I would love to try this Paso Robles Viognier. It sounds interesting. A “racy” wine- c’mon! I usually see Viognier in a blend, or helping to smooth out a Syrah, not sure if I have ever had one as the star attraction. Available from a decent number of online distributors with prices starting at $19.99.

91 Wine Enthusiast

REGION Central Coast

ALCOHOL 14.5% 

Sour lime cuts right through the opulently floral aromas of gardenia, daffodil and tuberose on the nose of this bottling. The acidity is very racy on the palate, setting up tight and bright flavors of jasmine, mango and guava that retain freshness rather than ripeness.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 3

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today's daily fleet report.  It's a beautiful day for driving.  The grandkids loved their shopping trip. We made it to Shady Maple and are on our way home.  @1ANGELCAT I saw the mince meat pies and picked up two, along with a good supply of scrapple and Zerbes chips. 

I hope everyone has a good day. 

• Like 26

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

We have been to today's port twice but by land. Plans are to go to Australia first to visit my friend in Melbourne before our 2025 Japan Collector. Also trying to decide between a HAL Auckland-to-Sydney cruise or a RCCL Sydney RT to South Island, NZ before our visit.

My case of Covid just keeps hanging on, although I have now tested negative. The biggest problem I have is sleeping pas 4:00 am.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 28

Good Saturday morning Dailyites!  

Computer says its 44.  There is also a picture of a large orange...I am assuming they mean sunny. Yup, I opened the curtains and looked out.  It's sunny.  We are not being bombarded by oranges.

@StLouisCruisers-Sandi, I hope that you feel better.  This is exactly how I have felt since our cruise. There is only one thing that is not upsetting my tummy..  Ice cream. Last night for dinner, we split a baked potato, I took my left over half a tenderloin and sauteed with onion and some cheese for a philly cheese steak effect, and put on the tater halves.  I ate the meat and onion, and that was it.  DH ate his left overs and then some.  Nothing tastes right to me, and while I get hungry, once I eat something, I am nauseous.  I hope your tummy gets better soon!

We put up two trees, one small artificial one for the front den, and a real one in the living room/our office area.This year DH is all Christmassy, and I am so not into the season.

I get to call my "other" boss to get trained on his campaign, I start with him again on Monday evening.  And then I will be out in the front garden cutting down the lantana.  All flowers are gone now, and I saw the last butterfly on Tuesday.  These are perennials that I planted back in 2003 when I bought the house.  During the summer and fall months they are full of butterflies.  And then I cut them down, and put up the lights for Christmas in the front garden.

DH says that he is more embarrassed by his fall this week, than in pain, but I really do want to be well enough to go with him to the doctors for his next infusion and exam.  They did not notice that the lower part of his nose fell off when we were in Italy, and the side of his face that he hit, is the side where the cancer is, and he now has a skin bubble where it is trying to heal.

We are getting together for dinner with our friend Debbie today at the Vietnamese restaurant.  I think it will be wings for me tonight, with a small bowl of rice.  

Have a wonderful day!

And yes, since it is the season....

image.png.ff5a358cb83dedebb2014b24c8728f5f.png

image.png.eb99d4edf758e2a7e8aceb7f3d8b7009.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 10

Good morning everyone.   Thanks for the Daily Rich!   Our small business in the family ended this year when my late DH's small business, a janitor supply house, was sold by his son.   Now the big building in downtown Baltimore is on the market.    No parfaits here but we have some maize here with leftover dipper Fritos.   No need for shopping reminders, all are wrapped and under the Christmas tree which has been up for 2 weeks because we have to tear it down on December 26 to head to Fort Lauderdale. A good quote today. Pass on the dish and the cocktail though todays Viognier sounds wonderful.  Thanks for researching these for us each day!

@JazzyV I hope you had a good night and getting some relief from your leg pain.  @StLouisCruisers I hope your tummy woes get better soon.   Prayers for everyone on our list needing them, the people in war zones through no fault of their own Ukraine, Israel and the innocents in Gaza. 

I am going to patronize a small business shortly when I go to our small town pharmacy and then another local grocery for their ground chuck and Walmart for their low carb bread and buns.   It is 22 degrees and we have a raccoon patronizing our bird feeding areas again late at night.  I will have to start bringing my suet cakes in again.   This afternoon I will write Christmas cards while we enjoy (hopefully) a Michigan win.  I was up until midnight last night watching the enjoyable Oregon/Oregon State football game, so many good games today.   Have a lovely Saturday!    Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I appreciate Small Business Saturday but will pass on the other 3 days.  I love the Einstein quote.

This is a great day in American history.  I visited Melbourne as a service stop on the Indian Pacific in 2003 and again on Queen Mary 2 in 2020, the last major port of call before the cruise ended.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Spice Apple and Carrot Soup, Hpmey-Baked Ham, and Apple-Cranberry Crisp as served in Club Orange on MS Rotterdam Thanksgiving Day, November 23, 2023:

dishes23.jpg

Sunny now but rain is expected today.

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We love shopping at small businesses - they need our support.  I haven't made parfaits in ages, don't know if I've ever eaten maize, and you certainly don't have to remind me to go shopping!  

It's cool and dark out there this morning; we're sitting at -8C (17F) and we're expecting a "high" of +1 (33).  Just listening to the radio the weather announcer who was saying that we're in an El Nino (don't know how to put the inflection on "o"), and we can expect a warmer than normal winter.  Well it's starting already if that's the case, because usually by this time we have a lot of snow and really cold temperatures.  While I do enjoy the fact that we don't have to plow through mounds of snow, I know that the absence of it is harmful to the land and ultimately, all of us.  

I made it up and down the ladder safely yesterday and replaced the old ... more like ancient ... timer that we had the outdoor lighting attached to.  As soon as I set it and gave it a try, voila, we had lights!  DH hates to throw things away, so he took the old one into the garage so he can see if there's anything inside he can use for something else.  I know he's creative, but really?!?

On another positive note, I went online to check the results of his CT scan and everything is fine.  There are no abnormalities detected, and it does look like the blood thinner is the culprit causing his issues.  Yay!!

I enjoyed seeing the lovely photos people were posting here and on FB yesterday of their Thanksgiving gatherings.  It's always good to see families and friends gathering around a table enjoying the food and comraderie. 

@Seasick Sailor I was watching sail-away yesterday hoping to catch a glimpse of you and Allen.  Glad you made it along with your luggage; enjoy your time on the BHB!

@StLouisCruisers and @marshhawk I'm sorry to hear you're both experiencing digestive issues; hopefully they'll be resolved soon.

Not a lot happening here today, so I think I'll get our youngest grandson's birthday package put together and ready to mail.   His birthday isn't until December 8th, but with Canada Post being Canada Post, I'm not going to leave it until the last minute or it will miss his special day.  

I'm going to give the drink and wine of the day a pass, as well as the vegan stuffed peppers.  DH and I both have leftovers from dinner out with our friends last night - DH has half of his steak & baked potatoes and I've got half of my beef dip that we'll enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, especially the hostages who have been and who will be released.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning,

We had a nice dinner at DS and I have some yummy leftovers to enjoy today. Yuck for Sandi, I only know to well the misery. I hope you feel better soon. Annie I am sorry to hear you are still suffering with eating. 

Not sure what is on the agenda today. I think I need to make a list. I am beginning to panic a bit not being able to do much with my right hand. That should get better after the sutures are removed on Monday. 

Everyone have a great day. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1