Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Other than the rain, it sounds like you are settling in nicely.  Are we going to see any pictures of you on this cruise Pat?  Didn't you get "outed" a couple of years ago by either John or OB (can't remember which)?

I would NEVER do that to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Other than the rain, it sounds like you are settling in nicely.  Are we going to see any pictures of you on this cruise Pat?  Didn't you get "outed" a couple of years ago by either John or OB (can't remember which)?

Yeah, normally I am able to stay incognito....but John did rat me out on Odyssey a couple of years ago.  Just saw he and Laura in the dining room for lunch just now.  🙂 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, Capt. Stig was skipper years ago when we did a Serenade southern sailing out of Puerto Rico.

When we left St. Lucia he brought us down to the Pitons, did a 360 and parked us in the middle of them to watch an amazing sunset.

On the last day heading back to PR as we passed each island he announced the name and gave a brief history. Then when we got to Montserrat he slowed down, brought us in close and gave us great views of the volcanic destruction.

I will never forget him. He added so much to that cruise.

Thanks and good to know.  Hoping he treats us to things like that on this cruise as well.  🙂 

He did his noon announcement just a bit ago.  Apparently with this weather system going through, they have shut down ferry operations from Cozumel to the mainland.  Our fellow WC were lucky to get to the ruins yesterday. 

Coco Cay has waved off ships, Symphony not even able to make Nassau.  That is a lot of gusty wind.  We are pulling out of it now as we head southeast.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, normally I am able to stay incognito....but John did rat me out on Odyssey a couple of years ago.  Just saw he and Laura in the dining room for lunch just now.  🙂 

He will be uploading a picture shortly.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Thanks and good to know.  Hoping he treats us to things like that on this cruise as well.  🙂 

He did his noon announcement just a bit ago.  Apparently with this weather system going through, they have shut down ferry operations from Cozumel to the mainland.  Our fellow WC were lucky to get to the ruins yesterday. 

Coco Cay has waved off ships, Symphony not even able to make Nassau.  That is a lot of gusty wind.  We are pulling out of it now as we head southeast.  

Don’t know if the same weather is already on the march to Florida, but it’s pretty gusty at times here today and we now have a large outdoor Christmas ornament in our back yard that doesn’t belong to us….

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Don’t know if the same weather is already on the march to Florida, but it’s pretty gusty at times here today and we now have a large outdoor Christmas ornament in our back yard that doesn’t belong to us….

That’s ok, we just donated all the leaves from our Sycamore trees to our neighbors😇

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Yikes!   😮 

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Gosh I hope not....though he cannot post on his any longer.  He uses Laura's.  😉

Noo...noo John!!  😄 

It was a nice photo of you and Bucky Pat.

Pauline doesn't like her photo posted on here either.

Sorry to hear the weather hasn't been to good.

Regards to John.

• Like 3

On 12/13/2023 at 3:42 PM, HBE4 said:

If memory serves correctly,  the WC  was announced shortly after cruising resumed to near normal?   I wonder if one of the goals was to generate a lot of buzz to get the general public excited about cruising again.  In that respect,  it can be regarded as a success whether it makes money or not.  

well I do like the itinerary better on RCI than what HAL did last year.  They went through Panama Canal and then over South pacific but instead of Suez Canal, the ship went all around Africa and up and into northern Europe.  It never did any of the Med but the ship left folks off for a few days to do safari and rejoin the ship on other side.  I just like RCI even if it is much longer. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...guess Elon's satellite could not pick us up in all those heavy clouds.  Sun peaking out now...hello WIFI!  

Random shots around the ship.

Xmas tree up

Gingerbread house treats anyone?

Biiiigg toy ship for under the tree?

Library now fully stocked...though lots of duplicates.

And in case we forget where we are going....nice chart!

20231214_091344.jpg

20231214_092250.jpg

20231214_092329.jpg

20231214_091848.jpg

Great they have several copies of each book - saves people waiting.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Ooops I forgot to post that chart.  Bucky loves checking it out.  Someone did a nice job of it!  🙂

20231214_092316.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Serenade has always had map/chart that Cruise, wish all the Ships did. I always take picture this on day 1 each Sailing, at least then 30yrs from now I'll know where Pictures are from

• Like 4

9 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

Thanks for the idea! We actually bought one of these for our long distance travel with Phoebe. Since there are so few places to change her or lie her down in airports, we used this on benches for her. (Now if I can find where Tom put it after we got home, lol!)

How is Phoebe doing?

Please say hi to Laura and John for me!

• Like 5

I remember it well and you were a great sport with it!

It’s great that you are sharing your journey, thanks. 

I hope weather improves for you. I am currently on plane heading from Ontario that has weather forecast with abnormal highs heading to Florida for Tropical like weather nds and heavy rain. Yaye!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@island lady  What are you plans for Aruba? Was looking at the excursions offered by  Royal and saw one called "Palm Beach at Night Transfer". Leaves at 5:30pm and returns to the ship at 9pm.

Palm Beach is a resort area on the northern coast of Aruba, a Dutch Caribbean island. It’s known for its calm waters and long sandy strip lined with bars and restaurants. 

https://travel.usnews.com/Aruba/Things_To_Do/Palm_Beach_42838/

Also see listed a "Aruba Sunset Catamaran" Leaves at 5pm , 2 hours long.

Both look like they could be fun since you are on the island later at  night. Might be a chance to get some cool sunset pictures.

Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@island lady  What are you plans for Aruba? Was looking at the excursions offered by  Royal and saw one called "Palm Beach at Night Transfer". Leaves at 5:30pm and returns to the ship at 9pm.

Palm Beach is a resort area on the northern coast of Aruba, a Dutch Caribbean island. It’s known for its calm waters and long sandy strip lined with bars and restaurants. 

Also see listed a "Aruba Sunset Catamaran" Leaves at 5pm , 2 hours long.

Both look like they could be fun since you are on the island later at  night. Might be a chance to get some cool sun set pictures.

I've seen some gorgeous sunsets while in Aruba.   We like going to West Deck for food and drink and watching the sun set.  Or the restaurant near the CA lighthouse is another great place for sunsets.  A catamaran excursion sounds great too!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I've seen some gorgeous sunsets while in Aruba.   We like going to West Deck for food and drink and watching the sun set.  Or the restaurant near the CA lighthouse is another great place for sunsets.  A catamaran excursion sounds great too!

We've done the "Romantic Dinner" at sunset on the beach at the Bucuti & Tara all-inclusive, and it was wonderful.

IMG_1011.JPG.3a13655132458b69aa003dd7f5f634c4.JPG

• Like 6

On 12/14/2023 at 5:46 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m kind of kicking myself that we didn’t stay on in Barcelona for 3 segments and disembark in Southampton. Too late now to add on 😕

I also disembark in Barcelona. Afterwards will spend about a week between Paris and the UK before flying home. Happy with those plans, but....

Just now imagining what could have been a more extended holiday by reboarding Serenade in Southampton for a B2B of Ultimate Denmark, Germany & Sweden + Norweigian Fjords. Could have used those 16 days between Barcelona and Southampton to independently travel to Paris and the UK. But like you, too late to make changes - my flight home is already booked. Oh well, still happy with the four mini segments I've booked. 😀

• Like 3