Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I seem to remember it offered in 150?  Or was it Chops.  Indeed, not even sure if I have had it..but if I did, had to be years ago.  Always fun to try new things.  🥰

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Yes, I’m pretty sure it’s on the 150 menu but I’ve never ordered it.  

It's a lamb Wellington in 150.....and it is delicious! 

20211111_211923.jpg

20211111_210756.jpg

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

And the chef seems to have a "special entree" item that isn't listed on the menu and you only learn about it if you go to the MDR.  There have been some interesting ones so far.  We'll see if there's a special item tonight when we head to the MDR in an hour or so. 

That makes a lot of sense for this type of cruise.  Since they can't just resupply at the end of the cruise like normal, they've had to plan various resupply ports along the way in advance.  If they see something fresh and good at one of the ports, buy it and turn it into a special meal for that evening.  That would add some nice variation to the menu.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We typically do the WJ as well because they actually carve the whole turkey and DW can get the dark thigh and leg meat that she loves. Every time she asks for dark meat in the MDR they give her Banquet dinner “dark” meat turkey roll.

On Serenade at Thanksgiving, we went to the MDR, fiddled with what they served for a while and then went to the WJ for real turkey.

I’ve always wondered why the WJ can bake a real turkey and even the Solarium Bistro on Oasis class has had an excellent turkey, although it was being carved at breakfast😳 but the MDR can’t seem to do it!  

I guess it could be blamed on serving a large number of people?

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I’ve always wondered why the WJ can bake a real turkey

My best guess is that they have these in their galley for roasting chickens and can pop a turkey or two on when the menu calls for it, since they aren’t prepping for hundreds of diners.

image.jpeg.2c339abe0da4ed56c5dc1cbc852e1db5.jpeg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, doghog said:

Exactly why we we don't use the the app other than pre cruise requirements. We always wait until we are seated in the MDR with menu in hand. Then we decide what our five courses will be for that evening. 

Not us, look at the app, if nothing is on there we care for we go to either Windjammer or one of the specialty restaurants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

My best guess is that they have these in their galley for roasting chickens and can pop a turkey or two on when the menu calls for it, since they aren’t prepping for hundreds of diners.

image.jpeg.2c339abe0da4ed56c5dc1cbc852e1db5.jpeg

You are probably correct!

Sherri🙂

2 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

It's a lamb Wellington in 150.....and it is delicious! 

20211111_211923.jpg

20211111_210756.jpg

Totally different from the MDR tonight.  Your picture looks good...forgot to take my phone...the MDR version...not so great.  😞  

• Like 1

The so called "British Finest" Beetle tribute had the most lackluster audience I have ever seen.  Me for one.  They tried...but IMHO...did not make the cut.  Oh well.  Some probably enjoyed it.  

One strange thing that happened...as we were walking down to our seats before the show...Etta May was talking to another couple.  I quickly thanked her for the great show.  She totally surprised me with telling me she thought she did a horrible job.  And was quite upset at it, saying she hated the new program she brought out.  OK...left her to her conversation with the couple.  

Spotted her later down front during the show on her own.  Was able to make my way down to see her.  Sat with her for a bit, put my arm around her and assured her that her show was fantastic, I loved it and thought she was a wonderful comic.  She actually had tears in her eyes.  Such a wonderful lady!  Glad I had the chance to meet her in person.  🙂 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I too was on the Voyager TA, but no blue nose for me, since I was already a member (2017 Vision Arctic Crossing).

Voyager:

image.thumb.png.f33c17cf7e7532d6475c477cc4eae772.png

OMG...that is hilarious!  What a great picture!  Thanks for sharing!  🤗

On 12/23/2023 at 11:35 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I hope this doesn't become a year of island sail-bys.🫥

Missed our stop at Ushuaia today due to high winds. Had a penguin rookery excursion booked 😔.

@island lady next scheduled stop is Falkland Island.  I’ll keep you posted.  Looking forward to meeting you and Bucky after I board in Buenos Aires.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The Turkey is not on the Christmas Dinner Menu, Choices are:

Pan Seared Tilipia

Braised Beef Short Ribs

Roasted Pork Loin

Shrimp Pad Thai

Grilled Chicken Breast

Rustic Vegetable Korma

No turkey 🦃 on Christmas Day ???!! The Brits will be outraged! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Christmas Dinner menu on Serenade as posted on the social media site that cannot be named. Looks very nice to me. @island lady & @LadyZolt hope it was good and look forward to hearing your impressions and  seeing photos. 

Serenade Christmas Menu.jpg

This is tonight's menu isn't it? Christmas Eve? not tomorrow nights Christmas menu isn't it?

@suzyluvs2cruise if you have a picture of tomorrow Night's  Christmas Menu, please copy and paste it here form other unnamed site you are talking about?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is tonight's menu isn't it? Christmas Eve? not tomorrow nights Christmas menu isn't it?

@suzyluvs2cruise if you have a picture of tomorrow Night's  Christmas Menu, please copy and paste it here form other unnamed site you are talking about?

Meant Christmas Eve menu.....If I see the Christmas Day menu I'll post it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Missed our stop at Ushuaia today due to high winds. Had a penguin rookery excursion booked 😔.

@island lady next scheduled stop is Falkland Island.  I’ll keep you posted.  Looking forward to meeting you and Bucky after I board in Buenos Aires.

Sorry to hear your stop was cancelled and you missed your penguin excursion😞

Santa's near the Falkland Islands now

https://www.noradsanta.org/en/map

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Spotted her later down front during the show on her own.  Was able to make my way down to see her.  Sat with her for a bit, put my arm around her and assured her that her show was fantastic, I loved it and thought she was a wonderful comic.  She actually had tears in her eyes.  Such a wonderful lady!  Glad I had the chance to meet her in person.  🙂 

Big hugs to you for being so kind. Merry Christmas to you two 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1