The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 24th, 2024

kazu

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Caught @Cruise Suzy as they were departing FLL a few minutes ago:
image.thumb.png.559c4b5a5e18495434384d091a532ae7.png

@smitty34877I'm sorry to hear it's so stressful for you; please do take the time to get away by yourself for a while, just to regroup.  Your health matters, too.
@StLouisCruisersmy condolences on the passing of Bob; I hope his soul rests in eternal peace and that his family and friends will find comfort in their grief.

On another matter, does anyone know where I can buy Bonine (or the generic Meclizine) by mail order?  I've checked a few sites and they don't ship out of the US.  Doesn't seem fair, as we ship from Canadian online pharmacies to the US.   Our friends who went cruising without us went to a pharmacy in FLL and brought back Dramamine - which I can't take.  I'm out of meclizine and would like to keep some on hand because, as I tell people, when we win the lottery, I'm on the next plane and don't want to be using the little white bag!

Gerry, try Amazon.  That's where we bought the last batch of Meclizine.  My guess is that Amazon in Canada would have it.

Well, I answered this as soon as I saw it, and before I found all the other answers.  What we got was Meclizine HCI produced by Advanced Pharmaceuticals.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning from the Volendam!

We are at sea today, destination Melbourne tomorrow. Yesterday we had a wonderful day in Adelaide, a group of us from CC went to Cleland Wildlife Park. 

A couple weeks ago we received emails saying they had to cancel our reservations to hold a koala because of some renovations to that area 😪. Many of us were able instead to pet one and have photos taken at no charge so that was a good substitute. 

It has been hard to keep up with the Daily, but know I’m sending prayers and cheers for all. 

So much fun!

IMG_2794.thumb.jpeg.7d20908788f41089ac44517d4101d303.jpeg

Hungry Mama

IMG_3872.thumb.jpeg.42fd11a0d888c816a9e53b7c3edf6b16.jpeg

Emu

IMG_2831.thumb.jpeg.8203c9976ab9ffc916445aaca57382cd.jpeg

Yellow Footed Rock Wallaby 

IMG_2845.thumb.jpeg.372558f18e5f7d9fccf922bdc691dd6d.jpeg

Adelaide seen from Mt. Lofty

IMG_2779.thumb.jpeg.ff506ba733c6c90a2ead72dd3b985d5e.jpeg

Lovely photos.

Pauline's cousin who she is in daily contact with lives in Adelaide Australia.

They have just booked a 7 night cruise from Adelaide to

Kangaroo island.

Tasmania.

Melbourne.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Send me your address at patspal162@yahoo dot com & I'll mail you some....I don't know how many are in a package/bottle -- how many do you want?

Oh my gosh, you're an angel; I'll email you in a few minutes!

25 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Unfortunately we can't get Bonine or meclizine in Canada; they used to sell it a few years ago, but not any longer.  That bottle is the exact one I had and gave half to our friends who recently cruised without us, and the other half to one of my colleagues who just left Saskatoon for their cruise in Europe.  If you notice though, it's currently unavailable.

23 minutes ago, bennybear said:

It’s only on the .com not .ca.  site.   If it won’t ship to Canada, let me know and I can bring some extra back.  

Oh wow, I'd forgotten you were in Hawaii; thank you for the offer; I'll check with @57redbird, as she was also very kind to offer her assistance.

This is seriously the best place on the internet; everyone is so supportive and helpful.

• Like 11

Update:  I went back on the amazon dot com site and decided to put in a US zip code, rather than using Canada as a shipping address and voila, it is available, but only to folks living in the US.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Send me your address at patspal162@yahoo dot com & I'll mail you some....I don't know how many are in a package/bottle -- how many do you want?

I have two suggestions.

First, send only one bottle, so that if it gets confiscated you won't have a larger investment in it. Second, if you have to fill out a customs sticker, write "OTC Products." That's what a pharmacy in NZ did when shipping me a drug that was legal in the U.S. by prescription, but available there semi-OTC (could be bought at a pharmacy counter without prescription, but not off the rack).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I have two suggestions.

First, send only one bottle, so that if it gets confiscated you won't have a larger investment in it. Second, if you have to fill out a customs sticker, write "OTC Products." That's what a pharmacy in NZ did when shipping me a drug that was legal in the U.S. by prescription, but available there semi-OTC (could be bought at a pharmacy counter without prescription, but not off the rack).

Thank you for the suggestion - they're both good.  They were OTC here, but we just don't have them any longer in Canada.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I have two suggestions.

Fabulous tips.

@ger_77 I'm also happy to send you a bottle. Telizking at yahoo dot com if you want to send me your address. Maybe if a few of us send you some, even if a shipment gets confiscated others may make it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Question:  why is meclazine not available in Canada?  Are there safety concerns about the drug that we in the U.S. are not aware of?  Curious meclazine users want to know. 

• Like 6

Just did a web search and found this:

The American Geriatric Society (AGS) has placed meclizine on the Beers list of medications to avoid in patient over 65 years old because of the strong anticholinergic properties resulting in increased risk of confusion, falls/fractures, and overall mortality.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, arzz said:

Just did a web search and found this:

The American Geriatric Society (AGS) has placed meclizine on the Beers list of medications to avoid in patient over 65 years old because of the strong anticholinergic properties resulting in increased risk of confusion, falls/fractures, and overall mortality.

@ger_77  I assume no responsiblity if any of the above occur after I send them to you....  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 42F this morning and will be 63, sunny and windy.  I hope the remainder of the 500 million acorns on our pin oak fall off today.  We are constantly out there sweeping them up off the street and sidewalk and raking up what we can off the grass.  This was a boom year for acorns apparently. 🌳

Thank you Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting Rich's @richwmn Daily and Fleet Report as well as the great maps.  Much appreciated!  An excellent quote today.  I love tortilla chips and could be having some at lunch later.  Never cared much about trading cards, and didn't watch the TV show Twin Peaks.  The meal suggestions sounds good.  No thanks to the cocktail, and I hope Laura @Lcubed has a secret decoder ring today!  An important day in history since we seem to still be using the Gregorian calendar.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Laura @Lcubed for the food and beverage reports!

Prayers said first thing for my dear family and friends, the people of Israel and Ukraine, hostages still held, and our troops at risk in the region.  Special prayers for our Daily family who are on the Care list because of pain, medical procedures, loss of loved ones, stress and worry.  Praying for improvement for you all.  Hope our friend Annie @marshhawk gets back online soon. She emailed me that she had a good chuckle about people being without phone service for 4-5 hours when their phone and internet has been out for 8 days.  I had emailed that info to her in case the cable box was repaired and they still had no service and that was her reply to me.  Congrats to all on the Celebrations list!  Happy cruising, birthday or anniversary!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the updated list and I hope things are going better for you ASAP!

The port today is Zihuatanejo (Ixtapa), Guerrero, Mexico.  This is another new port.  We had a stop there in 2005 on the old Regal Princess.  No links to share, but I'll get on collecting pictures right away.  

Bon Voyage @Cruise Suzy!  Welcome home Nancy @ottahand7 and John, George @MISTER 67 and Ann @cat shepard!  We've missed you all!  Hope all of you on the Daily have a great Saturday.  Stay safe and keep well!

Jake @Crazy For Cats there was some bad language in the meme so we should look out for that type of thing in the future.  Didn't take long!

Inappropriate. 

• Like 2