The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 5th,

kazu

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte 

First of all we had a very nice 9 day nice cruise on the Equinox to Grand Cayman, Aruba and Curacao. The entertainment was the best we have had in 73 cruises. No problem with food with dinners from good to excellent. As usual the buffet on Celebrity ships continue to be outstanding with amazing variety. Our next cruise is May 11 on the Enchanted Princess.
So we returned on Saturday the 24th and the next 7 days were tough with our move, actually everything went pretty smooth but still the little stuff adds up and wears you out. The movers moved all the heavy stuff but we made 3 trips in the SUV with boxes the day before the movers came last Friday. Comcast showed up yesterday so we have WI FI but I cut the Cable and signed up with FUBO streaming service. We are halfway through with address changes with is another pain. 
Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I can't imagine what it must be like to be afflicted with Dissociative Identity Disease, will pass on the absinthe, but would like some cheese doodles if we had any.

Well we can't say we weren't warned - the temperature has plummeted again to where we're currently at -32C (-25) and with the wind it's -42C(-43).  Sigh.  Yesterday afternoon the fellow arrived to clear off the driveway; thankfully he brought his big snowblower, but even with that, it took a full hour just to do the driveway.  The road in front of our house is such a mess of snow that he got stuck 4 times when trying to leave.  It looks like the Himalayas in the front yards along our street.

@ottahand7I'm happy to hear your surgery went better than you expected; I hope you didn't have too much pain last night.

@marshhawksending good vibes for Chuck's surgery today.

@Quartzsite CruiserHappy Birthday to your DH!!

@StLouisCruisersI'm glad your DGD was able to find somewhere safe to live.

@Heartgrove my heart goes out to you as you prepare to say goodbye to your dear Sam.  It's so difficult to make the decision, but we hate to see our furry family members suffer.  ((Hugs))

Our friend Wayne called to give us an update on his health last night and said they "might" discharge him today.  There's a snag to that, because the buses and taxis will be staying off the streets today to give the snow clearing crews a chance to get ahead of the mess that's out there.  We told him that our street was crazy, and we weren't sure he would even be able to drive on his cul-de-sac, let alone get into his house, which is likely blown in.  At the end of the conversation, he said he'd tell the doctor he has no way of getting home and will ask to be able to stay another night . . . something that doesn't happen very often; who wants to volunteer to stay a night at the hospital?  

Our neighbours across the street returned from a month in Mexico just a few days ago (what a time to come home!), and have invited us over for some mulled wine and appetizers late this afternoon.  I told them we'd come if we can find the sherpas to help us over the mountain range between their house and ours.  Because we'll be having appies so late in the afternoon, I'm pretty sure we'll just end up having a bowl of soup for dinner later in the evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in poor health, in grief and in pain.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4

@Heartgrove, Jack, I am so sorry to read of Sam’s condition. It is so difficult to say goodbye to them and his time with you was so short.

@ottahand7, Nancy, I meant to mention earlier that I am glad the surgery went well and hope the pain wasn’t too awful last night. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from Ocho Rios!

I read the Baltimore Sun every morning.  The wonderful photo by Jerry Jackson was on the front page this morning.IMG_0133.jpeg.73d73738f1153ba293e8b7177602b9a0.jpegIMG_0134.jpeg.470c5e6d81cf333b7e7ba2c2900ca451.jpeg

Sending everyone peaceful and healing thoughts.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Thank you Rich, Jacqui,  Vanessa, Dixie, Debbie, and Ann.  I'll pass on the Absinthe, would enjoy a cheese doodle, and wish for progress on Identity disorder.

Happy Birthday Steve, wishing a peaceful wait for the rainbow bridge for Sam, and wish Chuck a successful surgery.  May Wayne be safely back home soon and quick relief from pain for Nancy.

Interesting quote by Cunningham that does not sound practical.  I have not been to today's port. 

Two monumental days in history.

The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is Strawberry Bisque(MDR), Grilled Colorado Lambchops with spiced apple chutney, fresh mint sauce, and Not So Classic Baked Alaska as served in MS Prinsendam's Pinnacle Grill March 5, 2019. HAL had phased out chilled coups by then with a brief comeback for the grand voyage.  I saw it on the menu and asked the Pinnacle hose if I could delay my reservation to get the appetizer in the dining room but the response was "We can serve you that here". 

dishes05.jpg

As we started the Amazon part of the voyage the Penguins had been replaced by monkeys and they were decked out for Mardi Gras:

mardimonkey.jpg

A wet morning to start my errands today.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Jackie, Roy & Vanessa and my fellow members of the F& B department. 

Today is my first day doing an exercise class since I returned from the cruise, though I will have to leave early so I can be at the hospital for my Sister’s first PT session. It is coming more and more apparent that anyone dealing with a serious illness or condition really needs an advocate to help them.

Sunday night we discovered that the hospital had not been giving my Sister her asthma steroid nor her thyroid medication since she had been admitted last Tuesday. No wonder her improvement seemed to stall.

Yesterday was her first full day on them, so I am calling today Day 1. We hope her energy and breathing improve today. PT agreed to come in the morning today, before her energy severely decreases. Again, I thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. We need them. 

Ann

Muga Rioja Reserva Unfiltered

Rioja sounds lovely! Widely available and lots of consumer fans. Online prices start at $27.95.

Critics notes

94 POINTS, James Suckling. "This is a structured and linear Muga Reserva with a creamy and fine-tannined backbone and graphite, cherry, plum and black-truffle character. Medium-bodied, racy and beautiful" 

94 POINTS, The Wine Advocate. "The 2019 Reserva, sold as Crianza in Spain, comes from a dry and warm year with low yields and concentrated wines. The grapes from the Haro zone, the four from Rioja, Tempranillo, Garnacha Tinta, Mazuelo and Graciano fermented destemmed and lightly crushed in oak vats with indigenous yeasts, and 80% of the volume matured in French oak and the rest in Centro European and American oak, 20% of them new, for 22 months, during which time the wine was racked every eight to nine months. This is serious and young but balanced, nuanced and complex. They are shortening the time in oak, as they feel they have better and younger barrels and think the wines need less time in oak and more time in bottle. This is very Muga, very Rioja and very good."

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14

Good Morning from a warm and cloudy day at the beach

Interesting collection of days. I wonder how they get a day? Have not been to todays port.

@Quartzsite Cruiser    A very Happy Birthday to your DH.

@Heartgrove   Very sorry to hear about Sam. Never easy. You gave him a couple of wonderful loved years that he probably would never have enjoyed without you.

@cat shepard  Hope your DS is doing better today

Taking DD to her 6 month check up today. She is such a champ, I know she gets nervous but she does very well. Never even flinches with her blood work.

Putting the last of the details together for Fridays tournament. 

Made the final payment for the VOV. Finally got a rep who knew what they were doing. The PCC I booked with is no longer with the company. I usually pay online but have not been able to do that due to website glitches. Oh well.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is pouring here and will reach a high of 48 later.

i have not been to the port and the recipe sounds good. Many years ago I had a patient with a spinal cord injury who had dissociative identity disorder. It. was a very difficult rehab process.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, a very Happy Birthday to Steve!

@marshhawk, Annie, I hope the surgery goes well and I am thinking of you both today.

@cat shepard,Ann,I hope your sister is feeling better today. Hugs to you both.

Have a good day today

Bless you Terry. I have only been playing your role for a week, and I am exhausted. And I get to come home and sleep. 

Bless all the caregivers. You are such special people and great role models for me. ❤️

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Sorry for not posting for a while. Life got in the way.

We have been feeling very sad for a few days. Out of the blue my dog Sam has taken a turn and I will need to put him down. He has been getting weaker due to his hip dysplasia, All of a sudden on Thursday night he let out a shriek! It became very painful it seemed to rise. He was very restless after that and I ended up laying on the floor next to him trying to sooth him. Friday I spoke to the vet and doubled his pain medicatio. Somehow we got through the weekend as he got worse as his front legs were now causing problems. The vet came yesterday morning to the house (Sam is 120 pounds and unable to get in a car) to evaluate him. He has even less muscle mass in his rear legs and could have underlying issues beginning to materialize. The decision I madw was to put him down at home on Friday morning.

We have only had him 2-1/2 years and we knew what we were in for. The rescue organization classified him as a hospice dog to live the rest of his life in a kennel. But then I adopted himand gave him stability for his remaining years. His original owner had passed away and the family gave him up for adoption. He was adopted for four months but returned "as being too needy." After that , two foster homes until I got him. I had actually agreed to adopt him before letting my previous Alaskan Malamute Juno go at 13 years 2 months.

Sam has been the most affectionate dog I have ever owned. He will be the hardest to let go.

One year ago on February 2, 2023.

0201231719a.thumb.jpg.d3ee56776e902d07f0d027c922586efd.jpg

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Jack 

Hugs to you, Sam and your family! Hoping that those wonderful memories help ease your pain. 

Ann

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone.  I am happy to report my arm is almost pain free.  Yay!  I didn't take any more pain med before bed time and I slept well other than a nightmare where I was yelling help (it felt like that) and John had to wake me up.  Bad dream over right back to sleep.  After a lot of sturm and drang we picked up the truck after dinner last night.  The FedEx with the number with the GM discount never arrived after a day of waiting.  My salesman called my brother and worked him through going through the computer for it again and he got it at 5:30 to get the truck.   We couldn't wait because the rebate $6000 expired yesterday and they didn't know what would be offered today.  All done.  

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports and the maps @kazu and @rafinmd.   Cheese curls day I would love to celebrate today but we are trying to get the holiday and cruise weight off.  On long cruises sometime some junk food from home is a craving and it was cheese curls for us.  We didn't have a lot of luck finding the real thing.  

Thanks everyone for your kind words about my arm, all is well.  Bandage changing needed daily.   @grapau27 in memory of your dear father, I am sure he is greatly missed.   

@Heartgrove so sad to read about your beautiful dog Sam.

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Happy birthday to Steve!  🎂

Prayers for everyone on our care list.  @StLouisCruisers so happy to read your DGD has found a new place to live.   Prayers for Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.  Have a lovely day!   Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

We have been feeling very sad for a few days. Out of the blue my dog Sam has taken a turn and I will need to put him down. He has been getting weaker due to his hip dysplasia, All of a sudden on Thursday night he let out a shriek! It became very painful it seemed to rise. He was very restless after that and I ended up laying on the floor next to him trying to sooth him. Friday I spoke to the vet and doubled his pain medicatio. Somehow we got through the weekend as he got worse as his front legs were now causing problems. The vet came yesterday morning to the house (Sam is 120 pounds and unable to get in a car) to evaluate him. He has even less muscle mass in his rear legs and could have underlying issues beginning to materialize. The decision I madw was to put him down at home on Friday morning.

We have only had him 2-1/2 years and we knew what we were in for. The rescue organization classified him as a hospice dog to live the rest of his life in a kennel. But then I adopted himand gave him stability for his remaining years. His original owner had passed away and the family gave him up for adoption. He was adopted for four months but returned "as being too needy." After that , two foster homes until I got him. I had actually agreed to adopt him before letting my previous Alaskan Malamute Juno go at 13 years 2 months.

Sam has been the most affectionate dog I have ever owned. He will be the hardest to let go.

- Jack

Jack, I'm sorry to hear about Sam's decline, and hope the memories of the last couple of years bring you comfort and peace.  He was so lucky to have been rescued by you.  

1 hour ago, MISTER 67 said:

First of all we had a very nice 9 day nice cruise on the Equinox to Grand Cayman, Aruba and Curacao. The entertainment was the best we have had in 73 cruises. No problem with food with dinners from good to excellent. As usual the buffet on Celebrity ships continue to be outstanding with amazing variety. Our next cruise is May 11 on the Enchanted Princess.
So we returned on Saturday the 24th and the next 7 days were tough with our move, actually everything went pretty smooth but still the little stuff adds up and wears you out. The movers moved all the heavy stuff but we made 3 trips in the SUV with boxes the day before the movers came last Friday. Comcast showed up yesterday so we have WI FI but I cut the Cable and signed up with FUBO streaming service. We are halfway through with address changes with is another pain. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise, and that the move is over and done with.  Never easy!  Good luck with all the address changes!

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I can't imagine what it must be like to be afflicted with Dissociative Identity Disease, will pass on the absinthe, but would like some cheese doodles if we had any.

Well we can't say we weren't warned - the temperature has plummeted again to where we're currently at -32C (-25) and with the wind it's -42C(-43).  Sigh.  Yesterday afternoon the fellow arrived to clear off the driveway; thankfully he brought his big snowblower, but even with that, it took a full hour just to do the driveway.  The road in front of our house is such a mess of snow that he got stuck 4 times when trying to leave.  It looks like the Himalayas in the front yards along our street.

@ottahand7I'm happy to hear your surgery went better than you expected; I hope you didn't have too much pain last night.

@marshhawksending good vibes for Chuck's surgery today.

@Quartzsite CruiserHappy Birthday to your DH!!

@StLouisCruisersI'm glad your DGD was able to find somewhere safe to live.

@Heartgrove my heart goes out to you as you prepare to say goodbye to your dear Sam.  It's so difficult to make the decision, but we hate to see our furry family members suffer.  ((Hugs))

Our friend Wayne called to give us an update on his health last night and said they "might" discharge him today.  There's a snag to that, because the buses and taxis will be staying off the streets today to give the snow clearing crews a chance to get ahead of the mess that's out there.  We told him that our street was crazy, and we weren't sure he would even be able to drive on his cul-de-sac, let alone get into his house, which is likely blown in.  At the end of the conversation, he said he'd tell the doctor he has no way of getting home and will ask to be able to stay another night . . . something that doesn't happen very often; who wants to volunteer to stay a night at the hospital?  

Our neighbours across the street returned from a month in Mexico just a few days ago (what a time to come home!), and have invited us over for some mulled wine and appetizers late this afternoon.  I told them we'd come if we can find the sherpas to help us over the mountain range between their house and ours.  Because we'll be having appies so late in the afternoon, I'm pretty sure we'll just end up having a bowl of soup for dinner later in the evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in poor health, in grief and in pain.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Thank you for your good wishes for Morgan.  We appreciate all of you!  I hope Wayne can be set free from his hospital room soon.  You're right - no one wants to spend extra time in a hospital but the weather hasn't been very cooperative.  

35 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Jackie, Roy & Vanessa and my fellow members of the F& B department. 

Today is my first day doing an exercise class since I returned from the cruise, though I will have to leave early so I can be at the hospital for my Sister’s first PT session. It is coming more and more apparent that anyone dealing with a serious illness or condition really needs an advocate to help them.

Sunday night we discovered that the hospital had not been giving my Sister her asthma steroid nor her thyroid medication since she had been admitted last Tuesday. No wonder her improvement seemed to stall.

Yesterday was her first full day on them, so I am calling today Day 1. We hope her energy and breathing improve today. PT agreed to come in the morning today, before her energy severely decreases. Again, I thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. We need them. 

Ann

Muga Rioja Reserva Unfiltered

Rioja sounds lovely! Widely available and lots of consumer fans. Online prices start at $27.95.

Critics notes

94 POINTS, James Suckling. "This is a structured and linear Muga Reserva with a creamy and fine-tannined backbone and graphite, cherry, plum and black-truffle character. Medium-bodied, racy and beautiful" 

94 POINTS, The Wine Advocate. "The 2019 Reserva, sold as Crianza in Spain, comes from a dry and warm year with low yields and concentrated wines. The grapes from the Haro zone, the four from Rioja, Tempranillo, Garnacha Tinta, Mazuelo and Graciano fermented destemmed and lightly crushed in oak vats with indigenous yeasts, and 80% of the volume matured in French oak and the rest in Centro European and American oak, 20% of them new, for 22 months, during which time the wine was racked every eight to nine months. This is serious and young but balanced, nuanced and complex. They are shortening the time in oak, as they feel they have better and younger barrels and think the wines need less time in oak and more time in bottle. This is very Muga, very Rioja and very good."

Sending more prayers for you sister, Ann. 🙏 It's great she has you and her kids to help support her now (though exhausting as you've found out).

14 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone.  I am happy to report my arm is almost pain free.  Yay!  I didn't take any more pain med before bed time and I slept well other than a nightmare where I was yelling help (it felt like that) and John had to wake me up.  Bad dream over right back to sleep.  After a lot of sturm and drang we picked up the truck after dinner last night.  The FedEx with the number with the GM discount never arrived after a day of waiting.  My salesman called my brother and worked him through going through the computer for it again and he got it at 5:30 to get the truck.   We couldn't wait because the rebate $6000 expired yesterday and they didn't know what would be offered today.  All done.  

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports and the maps @kazu and @rafinmd.   Cheese curls day I would love to celebrate today but we are trying to get the holiday and cruise weight off.  On long cruises sometime some junk food from home is a craving and it was cheese curls for us.  We didn't have a lot of luck finding the real thing.  

Thanks everyone for your kind words about my arm, all is well.  Bandage changing needed daily.   @grapau27 in memory of your dear father, I am sure he is greatly missed.   

Prayers for everyone on our care list.  @StLouisCruisers so happy to read your DGDD has found a new place to live.   Prayers for Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.  Have a lovely day!   Nancy 

Good to hear your pain is better Nancy.  Yikes on the nightmare and hopefully that doesn't happen again.  Congrats on picking up the truck!  And thank you for your comments on Morgan's success finding a new place to live.  So nice of you all to care!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Prayers for everyone on our care list.  @StLouisCruisers so happy to read your DGD has found a new place to live.   Prayers for Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.  Have a lovely day!   Nancy 

Thank you Nancy.

He would help everyone.

My mam and dad were married for almost 62 years and after my mam died he just gave up and died 4 months later.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

@cat shepard, DD and I realized early on in Lou’s illness that he really was way too sick and could not safely advocate for himself. He was a retired social worker and was very upset about this. We also found that vital meds were not given and had to watch things carefully. Today I think we are still processing the experience nowadays as it was incredibly stressful. However, I keep reminding myself that we all did the best we could under extraordinary circumstances  and I am sure you are doing that as well. It is a fine line to walk between getting things done for the patient and irritating the staff!
Sending many hugs to all of you!

• Like 25

- Jack

I'm sorry to hear about Sam your lovely dog Jack.

It is heartbreaking but you did right by not letting him suffer.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

- Jack

So hard to let them go. I still miss my Rocky after many many years. Hugs to you.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

It is currently 51 degrees here and the forecast is for a high of 74 degrees this afternoon with a 90% chance of late evening thunderstorms. We can use the rain as the sand is dry and the pollen is high. 🙂 

IMG_0244.thumb.JPG.937af0099a737d25dc29ca9ce75eb16f.JPG

I hope everyone here has a great day. 

That’s a great, and very artistic shot! It reminds me of some of my art deco era travel posters.

Best wishes to all the dailyites!

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Rain today and parts of the next few days. Oh well. As long as we can get to the eye doctor Thursday. 

DSIL is supposed to be taken to radiology today, then back to Rehab facility, I hope it’s not too hard on her and that she doesn’t make it harder on her family. 

@marshhawk Extra prayers for you and Chuck today. 

@rafinmd great news!  DH will have bloodwork this months- numbers have been inching up each time. So glad you’ve had a decrease. 
Bubbles stopped..   oh they’re back? Maybe…. @StLouisCruisers

Sandi- great news on Morgan!  Extra hugs!

@ottahand7Nancy, congrats on the truck deal!  It’s never easy. And dealing with your arm too I’m sure didn’t help. @MISTER 67 moving is hard. It sounds like you’re doing great!  I’m still not through the address changes!
@ger_77I just hope Wayne stays safe. And you and DH too. It’s dangerously cold out there! @Heartgrove Sam is lucky he found you and you him!  What love you’ve give him and he’s given back. Extra hugs!  @Quartzsite Cruiser Happy celebrating with Steve! @grapau27
 Happy memories of your dad! @Nickelpenny it’s fun to hear about the bugs!   @cat shepard You are so right about patients needing advocates. Sure hope things pick up for your DS. 

Blessings for all on the Care list, all those in need!  
Toasts to those celebrating !

Smooth travels to all away, especially our many cruisers!  (We’re starting to look ahead… for when the timing is right. Just grateful for every day!). 
Thanks all for being here! 
Maureen 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Welcome back and moving closer to me. I also like Celebrity and will be on the Reflection in little over a week. Are you keeping your same golf buddies?

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

- Jack

Sam is a beautiful dog and reflects the love you have given him.  We will be holding  you and Sam close in our hearts through this difficult time.

47 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@cat shepard, DD and I realized early on in Lou’s illness that he really was way too sick and could not safely advocate for himself. He was a retired social worker and was very upset about this. We also found that vital meds were not given and had to watch things carefully. Today I think we are still processing the experience nowadays as it was incredibly stressful. However, I keep reminding myself that we all did the best we could under extraordinary circumstances  and I am sure you are doing that as well. It is a fine line to walk between getting things done for the patient and irritating the staff!
Sending many hugs to all of you!

When my dad had surgery for his abdominal aortic aneurysm we found out the hospital had put him back on a medication that caused all kinds of problems.  As hard as it is, we should all make sure we have someone who can act as advocate for us if needed.  Yes, Terry,  you did do the best you could.  But, I know the self doubts as I had them after my mom passed away.  I talked to my doctor about it as she also did hospice work and she told me there is a lot of guilt in being a caregiver during a terminal illness.  We all think we should have done better and that we'd still have our loved one with us, but it just isn't the case.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from a mostly sunny Quartzsite. It was 48F when I got up and it will be 75F this afternoon with a light wind.  The wind will increase overnight and will about 13mph tomorrow afternoon and cloudy.  The main item on the agenda today is making DH's birthday cake.

Dissociative Identity Disorder is one that more people need to be aware of.  I'll pass on the absinthe, but wouldn't mind some chees doodles.

The Michael Cunningham quote is one that I don't really like.

The ranch chicken sounds nice and looks a lot different from the King Ranch Casserole that is a staple in many Texas homes, and that I shared sometime in the past.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds nice.

We were in Iraklion, Crete, in 2019 on Veendam, and enjoyed our day there even though it was very hot.

Two interesting days in history.  John Cabo explored quite a bit of the Maritime Provinces in Canada IIRC.  Churchill's Iron Curtain speech unified the US and western Europe.

@JazzyV  Thank you for putting DH's birthday on the celebration list.

@Denise T  Denise, I hope Chase's surgery goes well Thursday, and that he has a quick recovery.  I also hope the biopsy comes back negative.

@superoma  Eva, good luck with everyone's taxes.

@Heartgrove  Jack, I couldn't like your post, but sending best wishes that Sam can be made comfortable until Friday.  The decision to let our furry family members go is the most loving and hardest decision we can make.  We know and they know when they are ready, but we are seldom ready to say that final good-bye.  You gave Sam 2 1/2 years of love and care, and he returned to the love.

@MISTER 67  I'm glad your move went smoothly and you are getting settled in your new home.  

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope the roads can be cleared soon so that Wayne can leave the hospital and go home.  Be careful going to and from your neighbor's house today.

@cat shepard  Ann, yes, it does take at least two to make sure patients are getting all the meds they need.  I finally printed out all the meds DH needed to show the people taking care of him in the hospitals and rehab.  I hope now your DS can make a quicker recovery.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I hope all goes well at your DD's appointment today.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm glad you got to pick up your truck yesterday.  I'm also happy your arm is not hurting now.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope Chuck's @catmando surgery goes smoothly today, and that it doesn't take him too long to recovery.

DH is sleeping in this morning, but I know he will appreciate all the happy birthday wishes when he reads the Daily.

429591580_996792922450736_8151151805565209935_n.jpg.75cd5b68ed6e88b0e82648c097b00d0b.jpg

429565893_396593356294333_5220491972905142278_n.jpg.5393a79459739d4e53d65a70d21f144a.jpg

429754206_7160140900706420_8299478699850321048_n.jpg.7a0c4dc1b19f528a4b5580bf1e287c57.jpg

430050206_122133734786094018_4638880433139235365_n.jpg.6d070c512d395be2d47a42104387c2bf.jpg

431133185_725997436344900_4200026660516177078_n.jpg.552103bd19a6d3655eaa9a1288ad6e9d.jpg

430265525_478384631181675_6025045028880383986_n.jpg.afa9e1aafa36a8b13e56cf0e6ccf4365.jpg

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 7

On July 7, 2019, near the beginning of 67 days on Veendam, we were docked in Iraklion.  After seeing the Minoan ruins on Santorini, we wanted to see the Palace of Knossos.  We took hen the city bus out to the Palace.  

Palace of Knossos

DSC06283.thumb.JPG.a5b58851a716c61cba223330dd71e738.JPG

DSC06285.thumb.JPG.e1dd5a8836d707e45884dee29664c00d.JPG

Sorry about the extra people in this picture.  I got tired of waiting for people to let me get a clear shot.
DSC06286.thumb.JPG.ef950fb243f29411e2141672ed9d09c4.JPG

DSC06288.thumb.JPG.672f2c97edf980977d457b3ad1688895.JPG

DSC06293.thumb.JPG.589722695c46c0d8f8aa25fd9405270f.JPG

DSC06294.thumb.JPG.c16399706d2099542cf3c487f129df38.JPG

DSC06296.thumb.JPG.3314651ba8fa147fe544010bd568a88f.JPG

DSC06298.thumb.JPG.c31ff2e1efb4b273e3c9a17c9c20590a.JPG

The street outside the ruins

DSC06302.thumb.JPG.52674cca7186f50ad5f32fb3f8487d8b.JPG

DSC06303.thumb.JPG.745ecd822dc35040c9d99c565cdee4aa.JPG

We took the city bus back into town and visited the museum with all the items taken from the Palace.  It was very hot that day, and the bus was packed like a sardine can, so the air conditioned museum felt good.

A model of the Palace of Knossos

DSC06309.thumb.JPG.330fcd6aaf9fabce7bdee3936001464a.JPG

The museum contains most of the artifacts from the ruins, but I decided to pick two of the mosaics to show you.

DSC06325.thumb.JPG.317de88bdd934b9d726ed610a646ed7f.JPG

DSC06327.thumb.JPG.3f23c2d50094aac70df601881d5cf03d.JPG

The gardens at the museum

DSC06329.thumb.JPG.31e33f1d09de091060edaeb056acb00a.JPG

Some views of the area as we were waiting for the bus back to the BHB.  The building on the right is the museum.

DSC06334.thumb.JPG.752fca63924c0ab86cccfd05233ae4ee.JPG

DSC06333.thumb.JPG.fd2b2a1872e08bee32e13204bce4245d.JPG

DSC06330.thumb.JPG.10a39a095a43adedbe1f2640c0154896.JPG

In spite of the heat, we enjoyed our day in Iraklion and would like to go back and see the rest of the town.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

@rafinmdI was so happy to read the report from the doc.

@ottahand7I am hoping that the arm hurts less, sounds like it is, and great news on the truck!

@MISTER 67 Sounds like you are doing well on the move.  I moved in here 20 years ago and still have unpacked boxes.

@HeartgroveI am so sorry to read about Sam.  I am glad that you got to be a dog dad to him, and that in his end of times, a true friend to him.

We left the house at 5:30, and the minute I opened the door Munchkin came running for breakfast and love.  Neither did I have time to give her, but I thought I would be back at 8. 

Registration was at 6.  The desk personnel showed up at 6:15.

Then there were blood tests.

And then prep.

Then signatures.

The doc was late. 

DH was finally wheeled out to surgery at 8:30.  I got home a little after 9:30, turned the coffee back on, walked the dog at 10.

DH's surgery is supposed to last 1.5 to 2 hours (unless there are problems) Then he gets to sleep off the drug from being under, and then he has to lie flat for 4 hours. They will call me when he is ready for pick up.  

So he should be out of surgery by now, and I am going down for a nap.  It's dark and cloudy and about to rain.

I lived next door to a woman who had over 32 personalities back when I lived in Decatur.  Most of her personalities were children. And she had married, and had 2 children. She was divorced. It was after she tried to kill her son that she lost custody of her children.  

Some of her personalities could explain why she was the way she was.  Child abuse starting when she was a baby at a rather sick church.  Based on the amount of the abuse at certain ages explained the ages of some of her personalities.  Trust me, she put Sybil to shame.  Sybil's problems were created by her mother and a rather dumb father.  But imagine an entire group of adults including the parents abusing a child.  What kind of church is that?

Are cheese doodles what I call cheezy poofs?  I love them.  I love being orange, and leave my paw prints everywhere.

Off to nap for 3 hours.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1