The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 1st, 2024

kazu

Today is Tom Foolery Day, and April Fool’s Day

A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.--Marilyn Monroe

Meal Suggestion for today - Appetizing Charcuterie Board
Drink of the Day - Nude Beach
Wine of the Day - Naveran 2021 Perles Blanques Sparkling (Cava)
Destination of the Day - Tokyo, Japan

Today in History:
1976 Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs found Apple Computer in the garage of Jobs' parents house in Cupertino, California

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Willemstad Curacao, Netherlands Antilles 09:00 - 23:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Francisco, California eta 04-02

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos eta 04-02

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos eta 04-02

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 04-02

Rotterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 23:00 

Volendam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-06

Zaandam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 04-13

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Hobart, Tasmania Australia 08:00 - 22:00 

Westerdam

Kochi City, Japan Kochi 08:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Victoria, Seychelles eta 4/4

• Like 17
  • Thanks 24

Rabbit, rabbit, white Rabbit.  Welcome April

Nude Beach cocktail:

The Nude Beach cocktail is a tropical delight, featuring light rum, coconut rum, peach schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice. With its vibrant colors and enticing flavors, this refreshing libation is perfect for pool parties, beach gatherings, or any occasion that calls for a taste of paradise. This recipe will transport you to a sun-soaked beach with just one sip. Cheers to a tropical escape!

2 oz. orange juice
1 oz. white rum
1oz. coconut rum
2 oz.. cranberry juice
1 oz. peach schnapps

In a glass with ice, add all the ingredients.
Stir well to combine, and garnish with an orange wedge or cherry.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 6.22.12 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 20

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

Good morning, everyone!

We are looking at partly sunny skies and mid 40s today.  So a pretty day, but on the chilly side.  Could be worse!  I have an early water fitness class today and a Zoom meeting this afternoon.  Otherwise, a free day.

Today's meal is what I have for lunch sometimes.  I don't bother with the presentation, just get the ingredients out of the fridge and dig in.  I'm not sure there is a "good" recipe for this.  But I guess we want it to be appetizing, not unappetizing, so there are some suggestions.  https://hipfoodiemom.com/2019/10/14/how-to-make-the-perfect-cheese-board/

charcuterieboard1.thumb.png.99f5f8481082ef4ed44f6a2b61c362a8.png

I look at these as suggestions or ideas of what can be done.  https://www.skinnytaste.com/how-to-make-an-epic-charcuterie-and-cheese-board/

charcuterieboard2.thumb.jpg.8ed62a1b41516eda0415e3efb0950e8a.jpg

The arrangement of the meats, cheeses, and fruits is a large part of how appetizing it looks.  https://www.thegrumpyolive.com/how-to-10-minutes-spring-charcuterie-board/

charcuterieboard3.thumb.jpg.4aab828db9d23203dea5a33dc49eab40.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 18

Rabbit  Rabbit  White Rabbit

Thanks for the Report. 

Another cool and cloudy day for us.  I hope it's peaceful with no Tom Foolery!

I think the quote is rather sad, it shows a person who has been hurt too many times.

The meal sounds good, especially with a glass or two of wine to wash it down.  I'll pass on the drink but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

I've never been to Japan.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Roy, thank you for our maps. It is still dark here and I am about to head out to drop Bindi off at her day spa and head to the County Courthouse for jury duty. No clue what to expect in Florida. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with our happenings in spite of your pain. Not sure I could do it. 

Jury duty, a morning & evening Bindi walk and no idea what else the day will bring. 

IMG_2637.jpeg.33d343305ddd0e4dc6e578eda67027da.jpeg

IMG_2671.jpeg.76b21d3d189a63b309a606488f3dd5eb.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg.e61173805d2ff9300e9a14ccb025c9ec.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. Terry, thinking of you & Tana! Hope you had a wonderful Easter in NH. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Naveran 2021 Perles Blanques Sparkling (Cava)

Another sparking wine from Spain to tempt us. A decent number of distributors with online prices starting at a fairly reasonable $18.71.

93 Wine Enthusiast 

Pale yellow in the glass, this energetic sparkler has a bouquet of yellow plum, white chocolate and jasmine. Zesty flavors of Bartlett pear, pink grapefruit, croissant and caramelized nuts wind down to a Valencia orange-scented finish. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 3

Today’s Care List:

Ger_77’s friend Gord post-arrest, in CCU

RMLincoln’s DSIL back in the hospital

Quartzsite Cruiser traveling back to TX, today or tomorrow

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness

2 crew members killed due to steam line bursting on Nieuw Amsterdam

Baltimore Key Bridge collapse, 6 people presumed dead

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Cruzin Terri’s DH Jim with memory issues

Nickelpenny with leg numbness and pain

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

USN59-79 in Taipei

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Lobsternight (Koningsdam April 5 to April 27) 22d Solar Eclipse, Mexican Riviera and Hawaii

5 days for richwmn (Volendam next segment Apr 6 to Apr 21) 15d PC cruise

6 days for Heartgrove’s DW and DSIL (Rotterdam April 7 to April 13) 6d Western Caribbean

6 days for Overhead Fred (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure

6 days for Vict0riann (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to Apr 21) 14d 14 Night Bermuda, Brittany & The English Channel Expedition

GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Smmessineo (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, POA1 & Huskerchick (Rotterdam to Apr 7) 9d S. Caribbean Wayfarer, Ocean sounds (Zaandam to Apr 13) 14d Solar Eclipse & Mexican Riviera, Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam Mar 31 to April 7) B2B 7d E. Caribbean + (Nieuw Statendam Apr 7 to May 5) 28d Bermuda, Brittany & Canary Island Allure, Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 18

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!  🐇 Good morning friends and happy April Fool's Day!  I won't try to trick you, I promise.  The weather here is 64F and we expect a high of 80 even with mostly cloudy skies.  When I looked at Halfacts.com/Daily today I thought Rich was trying to fool us.  Thanks to Jacqui @kazu for filling in some of the blanks on the Daily and Fleet Report, and thanks to Roy @rafinmd for the maps today.  Something must have changed for Nieuw Statendam because it is currently en route to Puerto Plata/Amber Cove, Dominican Republic.  

The Marilyn Monroe quote seems rather cynical to me, we can make a meal of a charcuterie board, no thanks to the cocktail and don't know about the wine yet.  A big day in computers back in 1974.  Today is also National Sourdough Bread Day and National One Cent Day.  Thanks to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports.

Prayers for my DB, great nephew Alex's twins, friends Scott, Susan and Sandy, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the many hostages held, our troops in the region, and to all of you who are in need of them!  Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV we can keep track of you and she is one of the Care list in need of prayers.  Hoping Vanessa got some sleep last night and the pain isn't too, too terrible.  Praying for improvement in everyone's condition and state of mind.  🙏  Congratulations to the Celebration list folks cruising and with special events today. 🎉🚢🎂

Port today is Tokyo, Japan.  This was the port before on Nov. 20, 2021 and April 8, 2022.  I've been to Tokyo's airport a few times but never visited the city.  I don't know if Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser will be able to post today or not, but I can post her photos later if she doesn't turn up.  I should have asked earlier if she wanted me to but I've been busy most days with cross stitching and it didn't cross my mind.  Here are the links if anyone would like to check for your own photos.

Hoping you all have a great day today and watch out for the tricksters!  Stay safe - keep well!

My white rabbits!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Thank you all for getting April off to a good start with the Daily! 

One teacher in a school where I worked got all her 4th graders to say “White Rabbit” and try to be first. Soon we had a whole school- adults and kids- trying to be the first. A phone call before sunrise sometimes was the winner.😎

I like the sound of the drink, and look forward to the recipe for the day.I don’t want advice from Marilyn.

Sure hope the weather here is as perfect today as it was for Easter Sunday yesterday.

Debbie

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good Monday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Will spend time grading more assignments. expecting rain for most of this week. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

The joke that never left us. - Imgflip

• Like 16
  • Haha 17

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Tom Foolery and April Fools seem to go hand in hand.  Marilyn Monroe sounds kind of bitter.

I visited Tokyo as an overnight stopover in 2001 and on Crystal Harmony in 2004.

A very momentous day in computer history.  I had an Apple 2 and a few IPADs since.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is  Iced Melon Bisque, Apple, Pear, and Cucumber Salad, Rustic Home-Made Lasagna, and Vanilla Ice Cream, my first ever dinner on MS Amsterdam April 1, 2014.

A very wet day in central Maryland which will not be good for my plans but even worse for those trying to  clear the Key Bridge.

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐰 for good luck this month.

3 interesting days and laughable quote.

It is raining and 42°F here.

Prayers 🙏 for good health to everyone.

I hope we all have a nice day.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, White Rabbit - not sure if that’s too late since I already posted the Fleet Report but I didn’t want to wreck it 😉 

Happy April Fool’s Day and Easter Monday for those that celebrate.  Thank you Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie for all you do.  That Marilyn Monroe quote sounds so much like her life, sadly.  Yum on the charcuterie board today - love them and yum on the Cava.

IMG_2221.thumb.jpeg.c548ed68b2a058eca636050e9c843759.jpeg

The sun is shining for the 2nd day in a row!  And my heart and head are a bit lighter.  I need to call a couple of references but other than that, Ivan has an in home pet sitter while I am away.  ( security conscious Jose is turning over in his grave).  Ivan loved her - heck he loves everyone and she was taken by him (or a good faker).  My only hiccup is one day a week and the dog’s old second mother will step in that day and feed him for his appointed time so he’s not thrown off.  Relief!

IMG_1735.jpeg.fb6b9f7a714c299ee3dc13bd5eae049d.jpeg

I guess today will be thinking about the stuff to do and need before I leave now that the way is clear.

IMG_1718.thumb.jpeg.7d70add2836e692694f6a0526b5ad182.jpeg  

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Rabbit Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit

Currently 72° headed to 81° so not far to go. Possible hail & tornado this evening. 

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240401_051537.thumb.jpg.d4ed8656f3b9d1146b7c9976677f29c2.jpg

20240401_051643.thumb.jpg.0b97424b63c08bea83d26bfdd4681b6c.jpg

20240401_051813.thumb.jpg.b46be6d83534ecab65843219d2eff56a.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

...And my heart and head are a bit lighter.  I need to call a couple of references but other than that, Ivan has an in home pet sitter while I am away.  ( security conscious Jose is turning over in his grave).  Ivan loved her - heck he loves everyone and she was taken by him (or a good faker).  My only hiccup is one day a week and the dog’s old second mother will step in that day and feed him for his appointed time so he’s not thrown off.  Relief!

YAY! Happy to hear the interview went well and you've got a plan for Ivan. 😊

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Jacqui, thank you Roy, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Happy April Fool's Day!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Chipmunk, Chipmunk, White Chipmunk.  Since it is April Fool's Day today, I thought I would give my squirrels the day off.  Hope you all have a great Monday.

• Like 9
  • Haha 22

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Good Morning from a bright and sunny day at the beach

I hope there isnt any Tom Foolery today. The quote is very sad, said by a woman who was probably hurt too many times.

I really enjoy a charcuterie board. Only been through Tokyo airport.

Thank you all for the many Birthday wishes for DS yesterday. He was very pleased. 

Today I am putting all the decorations away. Water aerobics and then hopefully a quiet day. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit - Rabbit - White Rabbit!

Good morning from Helper, Utah!  We arrived safe and sound on Saturday completing 3 days on the road.

We have gone from 80's to 50's and right now at 6 am it is 31! 

We are back to work today and excited.  We love this little town.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all.  Safe travels to all who may be cruising or traveling otherwise today or in the near future.

Susan

• Like 30

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone!  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports and maps Jacqui and Roy and for Sandi to note the NS is heading to Puerta Plata.   A sad quote by MM/   I would love one of those beautiful charcuterie boards, dates instead of figs please.  I am still getting over my date addiction from our days on the Eurodam.   The cocktail looks like a good one to ask for on a BHB and today's Cava looks wonderful.   I haven't been to Tokyo.  Thanks for finding these for us each day!

Prayers for everyone on our care list, especially Vanessa and Tana.  Prayers for everyone in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.  

Today's is April Fools and John hasn't tried to trick me, he usually fails as I have 4/1 burned into my heart as 9 years ago I took my DD DH to the hospital, he never was to return home.  It is a beautiful day here but three days of rain and possible snow on Wednesday are due.    I have a lot of admin catch up to do today.  I have to start reviewing for a talk I do next Monday and the following week another Zoom class on a totally different topic.  Hopefully it will get warm here soon.  Have a lovely Monday!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 8