The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 1st, 2024

kazu

Hugs to your friend Gerry, you are a very good friend. I got a letter today from the hospital not an April fools joke but telling me that my current balance is $13,781.95. I called immediately as requested and gave them her insurance information. Information in the hospital said no problem we will bill them. Amazing what one CAT scan and seven x-rays cost today.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Hugs to your friend Gerry, you are a very good friend. I got a letter today from the hospital not an April fools joke but telling me that my current balance is $13,781.95. I called immediately as requested and gave them her insurance information. Information in the hospital said no problem we will bill them. Amazing what one CAT scan and seven x-rays cost today.

Holy, moley!

• Like 11

Jacqui @kazu it's good to hear you have Ivan's caregiver for your cruise dates set up.  He is a lucky boy to have such a caring person as his Mom.  Now you can get down to business preparing for your vacation.

Annie @marshhawk how did the day go with your appointments?

Gerry @ger_77 what a selfless person you are to interrupt your Easter dinner prep when a friend is in dire need of your support.  This earth needs more people like you.  My condolences to Ollie on her loss and pray for her and all their friends including you and Maurice at this time. 

Dixie @summer slope that is a shock to receive in the mail, isn't it?  I hope they get right on to billing the insurance company.  Crazy what they think these services should cost.  

Graham @grapau27 we will miss you tomorrow.  I hope the internet issue can be addressed.

No need to thank me for posting Lenda's @Quartzsite Cruiser photos.  I don't mind at all.  Thanks for the other photos of Tokyo today, too, everyone!  And I hope the drive is going well for Lenda and Steve.

I got so achy in the shoulders today from working on my project that I decided to take a nap.  It has been 90 days I've been stitching on Chris's stocking and I'll post an update photo tomorrow after finishing up today's work.  A dramatic change in the last month.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just returned from our Azamazing Evening. Each guest chair decorated, Thai canapés and drinks. Dancers and five acts  with Thai Boxing followed by fireworks and then we were given a lighted float to each couple or single to make a wish and float the lit candle down the waterway.

Thanks for the reports, and to all for the posts and pictures.

Bruce, my wife is from southern Thailand, and I've been with her several times. The heat and humidity are amazing: she thinks it's cooler than the intense, dry Texas heat; but for me... well, I feel like I need a shower as soon as I step outside in Bangkok. And I think this is the hottest time of year.

• Like 16

Good Afternoon Dailyites!  I did post so early this morning, I ended up on yesterdays post.

up at 5

vet at 7:15

got DH to his ENT appt by 8:30 (with a stop at Micky D's on the way to downtown Atlanta and got a sausage and cheese mcmuffin (no egg) 

got to the bank by 10 where we both had to appear with our state checked signed and deposited

(we dont have a joint account)

got the bills paid 

found the dental surgery where I have to be tomorrow

got lunch,

got home paid the phone bill that was overdue (they said I had to pay April's  too)

went to the store to get kitty crunchies and temptations

got the cat from the vet

paid that bill too

and came home.

phew!  I hope all my days off in April are not this busy.

Ok, Tigger and the vet.  When we took him in for a check up two weeks ago, the vet mentioned that one of his toes appeared injured and to watch it. Well on Saturday I noticed that that toe was about 3 sizes larger than any other toe, and that the nail that was there was dead. It did not retract at all.  That the space between toes looked sliced, so they declawed the one toe today since he was already under and told us they put a small bandage on his foot.

The small bandage goes from his foot up to his tail. The also told us he had to wear "the cone" for 10 days.  Chuck picked up the cat in the carrier and took him to the car, while I paid the bill.

He was staring at the cat when I came out, and asked me, was there a cone on the cat when I picked him up?  Yup, not there now..

Since he has to use paper litter for the next 10 days, right now he is living on the porch.  Since it will be warm tonight, I will sleep on the sofa with the door open if he is having problems, and go out to be with him. I have a nice fuzzy thick comforter just for such nights.

Paying the phone bill was a joke-I called and the hold time was more than 2 hours. I said no way, called back 2 minutes later and the hold time was 3.50 to 4.50 hours long.  I pushed the button that said call me when a rep is ready.

After reading everything that has been posted today, with all the losses of friends and family over the weekend, I wanted you to know that you all are in my prayers.  

Sending hugs to all!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

The small bandage goes from his foot up to his tail. The also told us he had to wear "the cone" for 10 days.  Chuck picked up the cat in the carrier and took him to the car, while I paid the bill.

He was staring at the cat when I came out, and asked me, was there a cone on the cat when I picked him up?  Yup, not there now..

After picking our puppy up wearing a cone after her spay surgery, my daughter happened to call. When I mentioned the cone she told me to get a "doughnut", which is an inflatable round thing that is easier on the puppy than the cone. I suspect that any of our cats would also succeed in getting it off quickly, as Tigger did; but maybe it's worth trying. The pain is blowing it up.

Sorry that it's been such a hard start to April! Too bad that's not an April Fool's joke.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Hello all. I just finished reading the Daily for today . I drove back to NY today and stopped to see my brother in Ct. Traffic was not as bad except around here. It is great to see my son and family but also nice to be home.My dog is presently glued to me.

I was so sorry to read about Gord and Ollie. @ger_77, I am sure both of them were glad to have you there. Sending my condolences and prayers to all.

@ottahand7, my thoughts are with you today. 
@kazu, Jacqui, I am so glad Ivan will have a sitter !

The  house was busy over the weekend but Tana did have an aide all day on Saturday. I am picking up pizza for dinner.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Thanks for the nice pic of the Maasdam.  The S class are my favorite all time Holland America ships for their exterior design appearance.  To their credit, they are still in use with other cruise lines.  Her current name is Renaissance.  Seeing the bow thrusters at work in your pic, I'm guessing this may have been leaving Half Moon Cay taken from another Holland America ship?

You are correct.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

This morning I received the sad news that my Great Aunt Alice passed away yesterday, she was 98 and was ready.  Just brings back fresh memories of Dad's passing last fall.  They were the last two of their generation.  Miss them and their generation learned and shared so much from them.  Grandma, also told me I was the only one of the "young" ones that could cook for a harvest crew!  Learned that from Grandma and several Aunts!  I suspect there is a big "family" reunion in Heaven today.

I am so sorry to hear this.  I know she may have been ready but the loss of  a love one & that generation is a keen one I am sure you are feeling 😔. Prayer sof you, her and all of you. 🙏

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Finally a positive medical message!!   DH & I have Medicare A & B & since he is a federal retiree we have Kaiser as a supplemental.  Our PCP's office went to a membership practice effective January 1 to the tune of $250 pp per year which covers a lot.  I decided since we were already paying for Kaiser I'd switch to an MD I dealt with when I was still a practicing RN.  Noitified our PCP's practice on Friday to transfer my records to Kaiser & today I received a letter stating this practice would provide routine & emergency care for 30 days till I reestablish with another provider....I thought that was a very generous & thoughful thing for them to do.

Great news!  Sounds like you are well protected 👍 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

YIKES.  I guess my $24,000 bill in PV was a bargain for surgery.

I hope the insurance pays 🤞 

45 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Ok, Tigger and the vet.  When we took him in for a check up two weeks ago, the vet mentioned that one of his toes appeared injured and to watch it. Well on Saturday I noticed that that toe was about 3 sizes larger than any other toe, and that the nail that was there was dead. It did not retract at all.  That the space between toes looked sliced, so they declawed the one toe today since he was already under and told us they put a small bandage on his foot.

No dog or cat likes the cone of shame.  I don’t know why vets use them.  there is a soft cone they can see through and sleep on at Pet Stores that has worked well for me.  It’s not as big nor as cumbersome.

The other thing I have used is  at shirt but where it’s the toe, that probably won’t work.

Annie if you can find something else, you can return the cone of shame to the vet and they will refund you.  They charge you a ridiculous amount of money for those things.  The ones you can buy at the pet store are mulch better and no more expensive and usually cheaper.

36 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

After picking our puppy up wearing a cone after her spay surgery, my daughter happened to call. When I mentioned the cone she told me to get a "doughnut", which is an inflatable round thing that is easier on the puppy than the cone. I suspect that any of our cats would also succeed in getting it off quickly, as Tigger did; but maybe it's worth trying. The pain is blowing it up.

Sorry that it's been such a hard start to April! Too bad that's not an April Fool's joke.

Agree - those soft cone things work great.  I had a donut too but where the cat has the toe problem probably the soft cone at the Pet store may be better.

Either one of them is much kinder, lets the fur baby relax and eat and see easily and beats the heck out of the cone of shame. 👍 

• Like 18

Hugs to @ottahand7 on this sad day.  @ger_77 I think both you and Maruice are candidates for sainthood with the kindness you have shown to Ollie on Gord's passing.  I expect with Maurice's medical problems stepping up to keep Easter plans going as you tended to your friend.  I expect the rest of the family chipped in as well but hugs to all of you.

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Gerry so sorry to hear about your friend and her family.  @ottahand7my thoughts are with you on this difficult day.  

I saw bad news today - and I am not being political - Britbox which has so many shows I (we) love is not going to be available here in the USA after 4/30/24. If you have it through Amazon prime it ends on 4/27/24.   I am not sure how I will get to watch all the shows I love.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, tupper10 said:

Gerry so sorry to hear about your friend and her family.  @ottahand7my thoughts are with you on this difficult day.  

I saw bad news today - and I am not being political - Britbox which has so many shows I (we) love is not going to be available here in the USA after 4/30/24. If you have it through Amazon prime it ends on 4/27/24.   I am not sure how I will get to watch all the shows I love.

Now I am not sure about Britbox USA -  some are saying we can get it if we subscribe directly to it.  I wish google would give a clear answer to this question.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The only thing I've seen said that Britbox UK and Britbox International have seen separated. Britbox was founded jointly by ITV and the BBC, but now ITV has sole ownership of the UK service and is folding it into its larger streaming service.

BBC has sole ownership of the non-UK services such as US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Up early for some reason but will have some coffee and enjoy our 8:00 AM sail way from Bangkok.

Have to share about our flight from Siam Reap Cambodia to Bangkok. Siam Reap has this beautiful brand new 1 billion dollar+ airport. We left the city of Siam Reap at 6:30 AM for the 50 minute ride to the new airport. We arrive and there is no traffic, no people and we walk into check in counter nada except see 1 person behind a counter about thirty counters down. Yup that’s Bangkok Air. We go up check in takes 3 minutes. Head for security and we are only folks being screened. Remove belt, watch, take out I Pads and that is done in three minutes. 
Walk into main area that has this beautiful Golden centerpiece. Walk through the entire facility to gate no people get to gate and only  1 young lady is waiting. The tarmac is empty except an occasional sweeper goes by. Around boarding we finally have a few people gathering. 
Boarding time we come out get on a bus and arrive at our plane which was a small probably 50 pax prop job. Can’t remember when we last flew in a prop plane. We take off on time. Flight attendants bring all of us a cold chicken noodle salad like dish with a mango cake desert, bottle of water and coffee ot tea.

Left Cambodia 9;30 and we’re back on ship In Bangkok at 11:45 AM in time for lunch.

We will most likely never have such an easy peasy flight experience like that again.

We believe the new airport was built for the large influx of Chinese that were visiting Angkor War pre Covid. Since Covid the Chinese have not returned to pre Covid levels.

image.thumb.jpeg.4ef367cb3e33b94846965bfed0e73667.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.31723d87e355942cfcf9af35c8089f50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.61c257f5aa0162420974d60264c11e54.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

@ger_77

Gerry, you are a special lady. Hugs to you, Ollie and Maurice. 

I am stunned to say I was selected to serve on a jury.  The judge expects the trial to last four days. Poor Bindi was just getting back to her schedule. What a crazy few weeks. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Good evening.  We made it to Willcox, AZ, about 3:50pm.  Thise was the first time heading back to Texas that we've had rain in Arizona, but it was only slightly heavy in Tucson.  hopefully the predicted rain will be the last we see.

The launch will be at 8:30 tonight, but that is probably too late to see it.

We won't  celebrate the days today.  The quote is a sad reflection on MM's life.

No to the meal, drink and wine.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for posting my pictures.  It probably won't be easy for me to post pictures until we get back to Texas.

Good for Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.

13 hours ago, kazu said:

Rabbit, rabbit, White Rabbit - not sure if that’s too late since I already posted the Fleet Report but I didn’t want to wreck it 😉 

Happy April Fool’s Day and Easter Monday for those that celebrate.  Thank you Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie for all you do.  That Marilyn Monroe quote sounds so much like her life, sadly.  Yum on the charcuterie board today - love them and yum on the Cava.

IMG_2221.thumb.jpeg.c548ed68b2a058eca636050e9c843759.jpeg

The sun is shining for the 2nd day in a row!  And my heart and head are a bit lighter.  I need to call a couple of references but other than that, Ivan has an in home pet sitter while I am away.  ( security conscious Jose is turning over in his grave).  Ivan loved her - heck he loves everyone and she was taken by him (or a good faker).  My only hiccup is one day a week and the dog’s old second mother will step in that day and feed him for his appointed time so he’s not thrown off.  Relief!

IMG_1735.jpeg.fb6b9f7a714c299ee3dc13bd5eae049d.jpeg

I guess today will be thinking about the stuff to do and need before I leave now that the way is clear.

IMG_1718.thumb.jpeg.7d70add2836e692694f6a0526b5ad182.jpeg  

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

Jacqui, I'm happy you have a sitter for Ivan lined up.

12 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Rabbit - Rabbit - White Rabbit!

Good morning from Helper, Utah!  We arrived safe and sound on Saturday completing 3 days on the road.

We have gone from 80's to 50's and right now at 6 am it is 31! 

We are back to work today and excited.  We love this little town.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all.  Safe travels to all who may be cruising or traveling otherwise today or in the near future.

Susan

Susan, I'm glad you got to Helper safely.

12 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Said my Rabbits first thing.  Need good luck this month, waiting on eye surgery the 23rd. Raining in north Jersey now but it may stop before eye doctor appointment this afternoon. 50-ish.

The food looks good, the drink sound yummy, and the quote is too sad!  She allowed herself to be exploited for fame but it didn’t bring happiness. 

It was quite lovely yesterday. Beautiful Spring day, bright and filled with colorful blossoms. Lots of traffic when we went out, about an hour south and across to Staten Island to my parents’ cemetery. Only the second time I’ve been there since my mother died in 2001… we were living in NM until 2021 when we moved to Maryland, then here last November. We visited in 2014 when our ‘Round the Horn cruise terminated in NY. Tried to see my NJ brother then but he refused us. Now I’m learning the many refusals were due to his wife’s disorders. It all could have been handled better but it wasn’t. The cemetery is near a beach so it was nice to walk on the beach a bit!  Then we drove to my niece’s to visit for an hour before her turn at the hospital with her mom… brother didn’t join us. SIL has taken no food for a week so there may be decisions about interventions today. Tough. 

Talked with my other brother last night, he’s in North Carolina.  Hs wife’s brother died yesterday morning in Long Island NY. And of their closest friends, the husband died in the afternoon in Pennsylvania. That brother got married when I was 15 so his wife was like a sister, and her family was close to me too. And the friends they made in NC became like my family too. So it was a heavy day yesterday. And travel for services is unclear. My niece asked if my side of the family would come to services for her mom…. Hard to guess with everyone’s different needs, abilities and timing. 

I’m happy for Jacqui and Ivan!  
Sending blessings for all in need, and I greatly appreciate all the good thoughts for me, Richard and my family. Thanks all!  

Cheers to all celebrating happy milestones, Life is Good🌈

Smooth travels to all away, our cruisers and those returning from their Easter visits - Terry, Gerry’s family, others…. Lenda and DH enjoy the dessert trek!  It can be so beautiful!  I know that I-10 corridor quite well!  Stay safe. 

Graham, thank you for Fr David’s message, spiritual uplift needed here!  

Hoping all here can begin a good April!  Maureen 

Maureen, I hope all goes well this week.  I'm sorry your DB and niece are facing a hard decision, and condolences to all on the death in the family.

8 hours ago, bennybear said:

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!  Hope everyone had a Good Easter!  We’re between snow storms so that’s good.

@ottahand7  hugs to you on this hard day! 
@kazu excellent news,  fingers crossed no more hiccups!

We had the pleasure to visit Tokyo and be there when the emperor abdicated.  We enjoyed a visit to the imperial palace and gardens.  Stunning beside the modern largest city; it can be a tad overwhelming.  We were glad we visited at the end of our trip. 

IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1830.jpeg

IMG_1831.jpeg

IMG_1840.jpeg

IMG_1837.jpeg

IMG_1844.jpeg

IMG_1841.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

IMG_1901.jpeg

IMG_1897.jpeg

IMG_1910.jpeg

IMG_1879.jpeg

Brenda, thanks for the beautiful pictures.

8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Just returned from our Azamazing Evening. Each guest chair decorated, Thai canapés and drinks. Dancers and five acts  with Thai Boxing followed by fireworks and then we were given a lighted float to each couple or single to make a wish and float the lit candle down the waterway.

Welcomed back to ship with champagne and the ships orchestra playing on the dock.

Special cruise line.

Midnight and time to retire. Thanks for reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.44960ee3055dd208f86fb954af0ec420.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9c521499937aec81aa4c6e50999d3119.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.486968d4322c8609e9160fdeb95f3403.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9601fa429dfeb5c59d97fbcf61fb0878.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1c26372226c47e77b03cb1af99f3945b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6e5dc6dea9f94455a9cb772f1c611487.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8fcb97fbc6635492fe3074049ad48233.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.09f9c26c5538e98cbbade64407081095.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bf355ed1b0c9b0ffecd2dc7f3b1bb30c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f1b200dd7a408769c0ab42f7f18b232f.jpeg

Bruce, glad you had an easy flight to Bangkok and a wonderful night.

4 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Finally a positive medical message!!   DH & I have Medicare A & B & since he is a federal retiree we have Kaiser as a supplemental.  Our PCP's office went to a membership practice effective January 1 to the tune of $250 pp per year which covers a lot.  I decided since we were already paying for Kaiser I'd switch to an MD I dealt with when I was still a practicing RN.  Noitified our PCP's practice on Friday to transfer my records to Kaiser & today I received a letter stating this practice would provide routine & emergency care for 30 days till I reestablish with another provider....I thought that was a very generous & thoughful thing for them to do.

Good to hear some good medical news.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Hello all. I just finished reading the Daily for today . I drove back to NY today and stopped to see my brother in Ct. Traffic was not as bad except around here. It is great to see my son and family but also nice to be home.My dog is presently glued to me.

I was so sorry to read about Gord and Ollie. @ger_77, I am sure both of them were glad to have you there. Sending my condolences and prayers to all.

@ottahand7, my thoughts are with you today. 
@kazu, Jacqui, I am so glad Ivan will have a sitter !

The  house was busy over the weekend but Tana did have an aide all day on Saturday. I am picking up pizza for dinner.

Terry, glad you had a good time and made it home safely, 

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm sorry April 1 holds such sad memories for you. 

@ger_77  Gerry, our condolences to Ollie, her family, friends and you and Maurice on the death of Gord.  Bless you Gerry for being such a good friend to them.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

For those in the the Southwest the SpaceX launch from Vandenburg is a go for 7:30pm PT. Pennie @Nickelpenny I hope you read this. 

Also Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser!  

If you want to view online here is the link. 
https://www.spacelaunchschedule.com/launch/falcon-9-block-5-starlink-group-7-18/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

If it weren't enough for the news media's attempting to create alarm about the eclipse -- not the eclipse itself, but the tourism -- now they're taking up "cicada-geddon." Two different broods of cicadas will emerge this year. Because one is on a 13-year cycle and the other a 17-year cycle, this hasn't happened since 1803.

But they're hyping it as if it will mean twice as many cicadas all in the same place, which isn't the case. The 13-year brood is in the southeast, and the 17-year brood is in Illinois. There might be a small area of overlap.

https://apnews.com/article/periodical-cicada-invasion-bugs-everywhere-locusts-evolution-e57f708cdcf144a20fe8f694e95b5d44

• Like 7
  • Haha 3