The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 3rd,

kazu

4 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

...Part of the reason I am out of my funk is I just decided to not let this development get me down.  But the biggest reason is:

ScreenShot2024-04-03at09_31_17.png.5c234ba92b36e67069214a7737f5c22c.png

AND I have over 100 sea days!!!  I am so excited and I just don't know why this was so important but I don't care!!  In a way, it means I have spent a lot of money the last 2 years but I have enjoyed cruising so much and it has opened up a whole new way of exploring the world that I never thought I ever, ever wanted to do.  AND I have met some of the neatest people on the planet - either in real life or virtually!!  I am on cloud nine!!  Can you tell???  LOL!!

Congrats!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

...We travel to AZ for a long weekend (after I renew my driver’s license at CA DMV tomorrow!) to celebrate my DM first heavenly birthday, April 7. 

IMG_5574.thumb.jpeg.d2abe69cc9603278ac697d4fdcaa42e3.jpeg

Hugs as you remember your DM.

The picture is beautiful. 

• Like 11

Good rainy evening, I am not able to stop thinking about all of our daily family with urgent needs tonight.

@smitty34877, Tana is in my prayers and also the rest of the family. 
My thoughts are with our daily family with relatives in Taiwan.

Life is so fragile, please take care of yourself.🙏❤️

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from I-20 east of the Midland-Odessa area.  The Permian Basin oil patch is booming with a lot of traffic as in big trucks and also road work.  It's a relief we are safely through that area which now extends west to well beyond Pecos.  Google maps is not showing any more road work until we are off I-20 tomorrow.  It is a sunny day with side wind of about 10 mph, and a temperature of 76F.  That's a lot better than the past few days.

It would be nice to see a Fan Dance and a rainbow.  Movie scores can help set the mood of a movie.  My favorite movie score is the score from "The Sting" featuring the music of Scott Joplin.

Yogi Berra is my favorite "philosopher", and I love everthing attributed to him whether or not he actually said it.

The meal and the wine sound good, but not the drink.

We have not been to Quepos, Costa.

Mobile phone technology has certainly changed in the past 51 years.

@aliaschief Bruce, thank you for the pictures from Koh Samui.  We enjoyed the island in 2003 when it was a subsitute port for Vietnam.

@rafinmd Roy, I saw pictures last night of some of the damage from the earthquake in Taiwan.  Hoping @USN59-79 Ray, Sara, and their family are all right, along with @Horizon chaser 1957's daughter.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the weather isn't too bad, and you can get to your acupuncture appointment tomorrow.  I hope the acupuncture will relieve your pain.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, thank you for checking to see if I had pictures today.

@grapau27  Thank you, Graham, for the information about the fan dance.

@Heartgrove  Jack, I hope you can easily rearrange your travel plans.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry Tana’s condition is getting worse.  I'm sending positive thoughts that she can be made comfortable, and that her breathing can be eased. Hugs to you, your DD, the teenager, and especially Tana.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope all goes well today at your DH's infusion, and something can be done to help him gain wait. I also hope your traveling friends are safe after the storm.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope Allen gets the medicine he needs, relief from the pain and itching, and that the biopsies come back negative.

@RedneckBob  RNB, I wonder if your waiter Robertus was the same Robertus we had on the Koningsdam in February in the MDR.  He was wonderful.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I hope your DH's appointment goes well today.

@Nickelpenny  Pennie, that is good news you are out of your funk.  Loved the rainbow pictures.  Congratulations on the 100 sea days.

Please forgive any typos or strange things in this post.  Between typing on my tablet, it's quirks, and rough patches of roads, it's been interesting typing. And it's now good affernoon.

Lenda

Don’t think so. I believe my Robertus has been on NS three months.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

The rain here has gone from “oh my” to “holy moly” intensity with very active high winds. All sorts of tree breakage is noted and it is a little scary. We have had a busy day with visits from the hospice counselor and social worker. I thinks it has helped with some of the anxiety that we all have. Tana seems more comfortable although she has not been able to speak without the coughing interfering. She took to writing notes to us as the discussion progressed. I just feel strongly that we want to do what she wants now and we will do our best. DD and DS have informed me that they have arranged for the agency we used when my husband was so ill to come at night. It is very expensive and I hesitated to do this but in this time of crisis we need help. I am hoping that she will be more stable once again and that we will not need the help for an extended period.

There were so many of you sending prayers and kind thoughts. I read them to Tana just now and she was amazed that people she doesn’t know are there for her. It really is a beautiful thing and we are so grateful for all of you. I was afraid my fried brain would miss someone but please know we thank you all very much.

Terry, I had tears reading your post. It's good that Tana could participate in the discussion and make her wishes known. I'm glad you are getting the help so that all of you can get some rest. Prayers that she will stabilize. Please know that you have many people holding Tana and the family in their hearts and prayers.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

The rain here has gone from “oh my” to “holy moly” intensity with very active high winds. All sorts of tree breakage is noted and it is a little scary. We have had a busy day with visits from the hospice counselor and social worker. I thinks it has helped with some of the anxiety that we all have. Tana seems more comfortable although she has not been able to speak without the coughing interfering. She took to writing notes to us as the discussion progressed. I just feel strongly that we want to do what she wants now and we will do our best. DD and DS have informed me that they have arranged for the agency we used when my husband was so ill to come at night. It is very expensive and I hesitated to do this but in this time of crisis we need help. I am hoping that she will be more stable once again and that we will not need the help for an extended period.

There were so many of you sending prayers and kind thoughts. I read them to Tana just now and she was amazed that people she doesn’t know are there for her. It really is a beautiful thing and we are so grateful for all of you. I was afraid my fried brain would miss someone but please know we thank you all very much.

Terry, no words. Just lots of love for Tana, her son, you, and your entire family. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

The hours of my day were like being in a disney line- a lot of hurry up and wait,  DH's immunotherapy was only two hours today, no meeting with the doc.  DH finally agreed to try eating more (not my cooking) so he had a large helping of Ravioli at the greek restaurant for a very late lunch.  And after lunch I ran into Publix and got him some "Rich Chocolate" Boosts. We made it home with enough hours to work if he wanted, but apparently he didn't want to work, and after an hour and a half of making that decision, we sat down to watch Band of Brothers on Netflix, another film score I lovel  If anyone asks what is my favorite movie, it is Band of Brothers.

While my travel friends are unable to go on next years cruise, my BFF said yes!  I guess he figured we would not be able to do our usual annual trip, if Europe was going to be my trip, unless he came along.  Yeah!

Back to the series.  Hugs to all!`

• Like 15

@smitty34877 Terry, while the storm rages outside and there’s turmoil within I hope you and yours can find comfort together. We may be far in miles but we’re close at heart. You all share so much love, we’ll just surround you with a bit extra. Hoping to get some rest. Glad to know you’ll get some help too. One day at a time is Everything. ❤️

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I just heard Taiwan had a major earthquake.  Prayers for @USN59-79 and family.

Roy

It was exciting.  Struck at 8 AM just while I was sipping a cup of coffee.  We are on the fourth floor of the family home and the shaking lasted for about ten or fifteen seconds followed by a severe aftershock shortly afterwards.  A few things fell to the floor, but no real damage.  It was centered near Hualien, on the east coast at 7.4 with a 6.7 aftershock while Taipei felt about 5.0.

We had a very enjoyable cruise on the Seaborne Sojourn for 33 days from Sydney to 
Keelung.  I was very impressed by the service provided by the crew.  Within 3 or 4 days it seemed that everyone knew your name and the wine you preferred.  Only downside was the hot and humid weather from Australia to Indonesia and the Philippines.

Ray

• Like 10
  • Thanks 9

We made it home about 6:40 this evening.  We just got the essentials off the motohome.  There is a lot more to do in the next few days in addition to grocery shopping, trying to get the yard mowed and weeds pulled before the rain starts Sunday or Monday.  Plus there are a lotmof other things to taoe care of, so I'll be busy for a while.

4 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Don’t think so. I believe my Robertus has been on NS three months.

RNB, I suspected it wasn't the same person since out Robertus was going home on vacation the day we disembarked.  

41 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

It was exciting.  Struck at 8 AM just while I was sipping a cup of coffee.  We are on the fourth floor of the family home and the shaking lasted for about ten or fifteen seconds followed by a severe aftershock shortly afterwards.  A few things fell to the floor, but no real damage.  It was centered near Hualien, on the east coast at 7.4 with a 6.7 aftershock while Taipei felt about 5.0.

We had a very enjoyable cruise on the Seaborne Sojourn for 33 days from Sydney to 
Keelung.  I was very impressed by the service provided by the crew.  Within 3 or 4 days it seemed that everyone knew your name and the wine you preferred.  Only downside was the hot and humid weather from Australia to Indonesia and the Philippines.

Ray

Ray, thanks for checking in.  Glad everyone is all right and glad you had a great cruise.

Lenda

• Like 12

Am very late posting today.

Thanks for the HAL Fleet locations and the daily news.

We delivered Meals On Wheels this morning, then headed out for lunch.

This afternoon had to have a blood test prior to CT scan next month.

@smitty34877  thank you for your update of Tana's condition, pleased that she was able to make her wishes known,  hugs to you, hope you all get a good sleep tonight.

@Nickelpenny congratulations on becoming 4 star.

Seems obvious that @grapau27 they are cruising.but not on HAL!!

Horrible earthquake in Taiwan, seeing the TV reports brought back memories of the Christchurch Earthquakes, and how our cat at that time woke us just before the first quake began.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Too late to edit my post, but I inadvertently called @USN59-79 Ray Jack. And I also wanted to add @Horizon chaser 1957's DD in our prayers.

@dfish Debbie, I'm glad you got a diagnosis and treatment for the eye. And that you're proceeding toward the nerve ablation.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for checking in. I imagine you'll be home soon?

Thank you, @JazzyV. I’ve talked to DD several times. She was on a mini holiday in the south when the quake hit. She felt the tremors on the beach, but was in the part of Taiwan least affected. She is safe and well. At home in Taipei,  her building is OK, but one of the older buildings in her neighborhood partly collapsed. She had been debating on spending her holiday in the south or in Hualien, the epicentre of the quake. She made the right choice!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

15 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Roy, I seem to recall that @Horizon chaser 1957has a daughter in Taiwan.  Perhaps we'll hear from her.  I hope everything is okay for her as well.

I have heard from her, and she is safe and well. She was spending a few days in the tropical south of Taiwan, the least affected part of the country. Words can’t express how relieved I am!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Hoping @USN59-79 Ray, Sara, and their family are all right, along with @Horizon chaser 1957's daughter.

Thank you! I’ve talked to DD, and she is safe and well. She was spending a few days on the beach in the south of Taiwan, and was far from the chaos and damage. By the time she goes home to Taipei things should be mostly back to normal.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Thank you! I’ve talked to DD, and she is safe and well. She was spending a few days on the beach in the south of Taiwan, and was far from the chaos and damage. By the time she goes home to Taipei things should be mostly back to normal.

Thank you for letting us know that your DD is safe and was not in the area affected by the earthquake.

Lenda

• Like 5