The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 3rd,

kazu

Good morning and thanks all! 
@smitty34877 so sorry to hear your news,  sending gentle hugs and prayers. 
@dfish yikes on your eye, so glad you will stop at the urgent care for treatment.  

We enjoyed seeing some of the flora and fauna in Costa Rica 

well our snow has melted just in time for the weather event that starts later today!  Sigh! 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the Bon Voyage wishes. We board in a couple of hours. Eclipse glasses packed and ready for the big event. Not sure I’m ready for the ship though-3700 passengers! I do like their 24-hour International Cafe and the Princess closet setup. @kazuI thought acupuncture on my elbow wasn’t doing anything and all of a sudden, I could feel the difference. @smitty34877Positive thoughts for Tana heading your way.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I am late today and trying to do a quick catch up.

I am very saddened to read the news about Tana. @smitty34877 Please know that she and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers.

@dfish Please have your eye looked at. Better to be safe.

@SusieKIslandGirl   Bon Voyage

Terrible news from Taiwan. It just never stops.

Heading out to go with DS to ortho. He needed a driver so thats good ole mom. 

Stay safe and enjoy today.  Wicked weather coming...

Charlene

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Happy Hump Day to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am a tad late to the party as I decided I would sleep in this morning - all the way to 0730!!!  LOL!!  I love the music scores in movies (except the Tubular Bells in the Exorcist - which to this day - creeps me out!!), haven't seen a fan dance but would love to, and, oh, I love rainbows.  Here are a couple I have seen on BHBs and one from Lanzhou, China:

IMG_1689.thumb.JPG.3215eac277fbc658cb915f486c0a41e1.JPGIMG_3885.thumb.JPG.57a76caace8d09542f765762f1f2df74.JPGIMG_6414.thumb.JPG.ccac8e4ee53330db8a111994019bb440.JPGIMG_2743.thumb.JPG.bcb64cc654782777cbf9e0ce24b096d8.JPG

Yogi was something else 😂, the meal sounds delicious but only with the wine - no way, on the drink (caramel 🤢), never been to the port, and OMG, I graduated from HS in '73 and now that year is one of the Days in "History"?!?!?!?!

I am out of my funk and I want to thank everyone for the encouraging words and suggestions (I won't individually name you because I know I will forget someone!!).  Part of the reason I am out of my funk is I just decided to not let this development get me down.  But the biggest reason is:

ScreenShot2024-04-03at09_31_17.png.5c234ba92b36e67069214a7737f5c22c.png

AND I have over 100 sea days!!!  I am so excited and I just don't know why this was so important but I don't care!!  In a way, it means I have spent a lot of money the last 2 years but I have enjoyed cruising so much and it has opened up a whole new way of exploring the world that I never thought I ever, ever wanted to do.  AND I have met some of the neatest people on the planet - either in real life or virtually!!  I am on cloud nine!!  Can you tell???  LOL!!

I am thinking of all who are going through trials and tribulations.  Cheers to those celebrating and everyone have the best day you can today!

• Like 28

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I haven't seen a Fan Dance. I love rainbows. I'll salute film scores as they add so much to movies. Yogi Berra just being Yogi. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Quepos. An important day in history, but there's good and bad to cell phones.

It's been raining and raining here. The big rivers and creeks are high. Some schools closed due to flooded roads. I made it to my Cardiology appointment, leaving early before they closed the parkway. I came home a different way. Lots of walking again, as I had to get a CXR after the appointment. By then my leg was on fire, but I survived. Now I'm sleepy and hope to get a nap in, after a 3 hour night. BFF just texted that he had 3 biopsies done at his skin check; let's hope he won't need Mohs again.

I heard about the earthquake in Taiwan. I worry about @USN59-79 Jack and his family.

@SusieKIslandGirl Bon Voyage!

@aliaschief Thanks for the great photos.

@kazu I sure hope your acupuncture helps you and alleviates the burning and pain.

@cat shepard I so appreciate your prayers for my pain relief.

@dfish I hope the eye continues to improve. I hope your appointment results in your getting set up for the nerve ablation.  I'm glad you're getting your eye looked at.

@Heartgrove Sorry to hear about the cruise cancellation, especially after you had gotten your flights and hotels. What did they say was the reason? I hope you can make a satisfactory substitute.

@smitty34877 I am so sorry to hear that Tana's condition has progressed. I would imagine it's hard not having much you can do to assist her. I hope she can be kept comfortable. I'm glad you were able to get some rest. Prayers for Tana, you and the family.

@marshhawk I'm glad you are safe from the storms and hope your friends were as well. I hope you can get DH's weight up some.

@RMLincoln Tough times for your DSIL's family, having to make decisions. 

@Seasick Sailor Prayers that Allen gets relief from the Dupixent and that it gets covered.

@Vict0riann Woohoo that DD got a good report from the Ortho doc and that you can go on your cruise. I hope we get to see you at sail away.

@Nickelpenny I'm glad you mood is better, and congrats on being a 4-start Mariner!

@Cruzin Terri I hope you're doing ok.

@HAL Sailer Thinking of you and your DH.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Just back from the doctor visit for my eye.  I was surprised at how quickly I was seen.  The problem is a large stye.  She ordered antibiotic drops and I'm supposed to use warm compresses on it to help it drain.  I'm glad I went as it suddenly got so much worse this morning.  

At the Pain and Spine Clinic we are proceeding with the nerve ablation.  We have to do a test injection first and that is scheduled for May 2nd.  

I'm off to pick up my prescription and buy something for dinner.

• Like 27

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

Just back from the doctor visit for my eye.  I was surprised at how quickly I was seen.  The problem is a large stye.  She ordered antibiotic drops and I'm supposed to use warm compresses on it to help it drain.  I'm glad I went as it suddenly got so much worse this morning.  

At the Pain and Spine Clinic we are proceeding with the nerve ablation.  We have to do a test injection first and that is scheduled for May 2nd.  

Hopefully the antibiotic eye drops will clear the style Debbie.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 16

Posted (edited)

Good morning from I-20 east of the Midland-Odessa area.  The Permian Basin oil patch is booming with a lot of traffic as in big trucks and also road work.  It's a relief we are safely through that area which now extends west to well beyond Pecos.  Google maps is not showing any more road work until we are off I-20 tomorrow.  It is a sunny day with side wind of about 10 mph, and a temperature of 76F.  That's a lot better than the past few days.

It would be nice to see a Fan Dance and a rainbow.  Movie scores can help set the mood of a movie.  My favorite movie score is the score from "The Sting" featuring the music of Scott Joplin.

Yogi Berra is my favorite "philosopher", and I love everthing attributed to him whether or not he actually said it.

The meal and the wine sound good, but not the drink.

We have not been to Quepos, Costa.

Mobile phone technology has certainly changed in the past 51 years.

@aliaschief Bruce, thank you for the pictures from Koh Samui.  We enjoyed the island in 2003 when it was a subsitute port for Vietnam.

@rafinmd Roy, I saw pictures last night of some of the damage from the earthquake in Taiwan.  Hoping @USN59-79 Ray, Sara, and their family are all right, along with @Horizon chaser 1957's daughter.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope the weather isn't too bad, and you can get to your acupuncture appointment tomorrow.  I hope the acupuncture will relieve your pain.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, thank you for checking to see if I had pictures today.

@grapau27  Thank you, Graham, for the information about the fan dance.

@Heartgrove  Jack, I hope you can easily rearrange your travel plans.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry Tana’s condition is getting worse.  I'm sending positive thoughts that she can be made comfortable, and that her breathing can be eased. Hugs to you, your DD, the teenager, and especially Tana.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope all goes well today at your DH's infusion, and something can be done to help him gain wait. I also hope your traveling friends are safe after the storm.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope Allen gets the medicine he needs, relief from the pain and itching, and that the biopsies come back negative.

@RedneckBob  RNB, I wonder if your waiter Robertus was the same Robertus we had on the Koningsdam in February in the MDR.  He was wonderful.

@cunnorl  Charlene, I hope your DH's appointment goes well today.

@Nickelpenny  Pennie, that is good news you are out of your funk.  Loved the rainbow pictures.  Congratulations on the 100 sea days.

Please forgive any typos or strange things in this post.  Between typing on my tablet, it's quirks, and rough patches of roads, it's been interesting typing. And it's now good affernoon.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Bon Voyage @SusieKIslandGirl.  I'll pass on the fan dance, would love to see a rainbow but don't think we'll see any trace of the sun today.  A cheer for film scores.  Our Baltimore Symphony frequently shows movies with the music cut out and replaced by the Orchestra live.

While cell phones are essentially I often feel like they are a curse.

I have not been to Quepos.

The meal actually sounds very nice.  My alternative is Tropical Fruit Medley, Broiled New York Striploin, and Baked Alaska as served on MS Amsterdam April 2, 2014.  I hope there were  green beans on the plate as well.

Just got word that I need to substitute on my church AV team Sunday, my echocardiogram Friday permitting.

Roy

Hi Roy.  Looks like Carnival (and Royal?) will use Norfolk to replace Baltimore until the channel is cleared from the bridge collapse.  I had a port call at Norfolk on the Maasdam in 2006.  It was the reposition from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal.  We enjoyed touring the USS Wisconsin battleship while there.

• Like 19

35 minutes ago, dfish said:

Debbie, I'm glad you got your eye looked at, and I hope the antibiotics clear up the stye quicklly. Styes are no fun.  That is good news you will get the nerve ablation.

Lenda

• Like 18

@smitty34877 Prayers for Tana, your DD and you.  I was sad to read that she is at the maximum oxygen.    I truly feel for her.  You are doing so much to make her comfortable and allow her to be in her own space.  

Thanks for the Daily Reports and maps Jacqui and Roy.   We may be having steak for dinner tonight so today's meals look good.   I think I will pass on the drink and have my rum with Coke Zero and I will pass on the box wine unless I was bringing it to a party.   I haven't been to Quepos.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports Vanessa.  Prayer for everyone in our group needing them and people in war zones, the lost World Central Kitchen workers and their families, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.   @dfish Debbie I am so glad that you got your eye looked at and you have treatments for your stye.  

@aliaschief thanks for the photos.  We have had two obscure ports with no photos so you are picking up the slack for us.  

@Nickelpenny Pennie,  congratulations on 4 Star.   I am glad your mood has turned around. 

@Heartgrove Sorry all your planning for MSC cruise has went for naught.  

I am just getting caught up.  I had planned on looking at my laptop before leaving for a garden club meeting but John needed help removing TVs from their spots as he has a new one coming today.   One left the living room and went to the bedroom and the bedroom one will get donated.  We had planned on going out for our delayed Easter dinner tonight but the TV hasn't arrived and my case of wine hasn't arrived either.  After a long meeting I got home and the window cleaners came.  I had scheduled them last fall anticipating a wedding shower I was hosting that isn't happening then a long call with my DS.   Now it is time for me to start some dinner prep.   Happy Hump Day everyone.  Nancy 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Too late to edit my post, but I inadvertently called @USN59-79 Ray Jack. And I also wanted to add @Horizon chaser 1957's DD in our prayers.

@dfish Debbie, I'm glad you got a diagnosis and treatment for the eye. And that you're proceeding toward the nerve ablation.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for checking in. I imagine you'll be home soon?

We'll be home tomorrow.  We could make it today, but it would be late afternoon or early evening.  This way, we'll be home early enouvh to get some things off the motorhome.

Lenda

• Like 19

40 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Hi Roy.  Looks like Carnival (and Royal?) will use Norfolk to replace Baltimore until the channel is cleared from the bridge collapse.  I had a port call at Norfolk on the Maasdam in 2006.  It was the reposition from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal.  We enjoyed touring the USS Wisconsin battleship while there.

Yes, both.  It will be more of an inconvenience for Royal passengers on a couple of accounts.  Carnival had the first Norfolk turnaround Sunday and will continue to to so for the duration of the emergency.

Royal arrives in Norflok tomorrow morning.  It will be more of a challenge for their passengers because they usually arrive in Baltimore about dawn and leave by 4.  Carnival I think arrives about 10 and departs later in the day, leaving more time for people to get to/from the ship.  While both provide(d) free transfers back to Baltimore for the initial reroute, it boggles my mind that Royal is not continuing to offer transfer service for subsequent cruises.  They are allowing free cancellation and also a $200 travel allowance.  It seems to me that even if they don't provide complimentary transfers they could do it for $100 each way and have fewer cancellations.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to all who add their stories and updates to The Daily. My cruise history includes only a few HAL trips, yet The Daily is the only cc topic that I am devoted to reading! Thank you all for the interesting reading, kindness and thoughtfulness.

We had a busy week, a granddaughter’s 11 birthday last Thursday & Easter Brunch on Sunday, both hosted by DS and DDIL.  We travel to AZ for a long weekend (after I renew my driver’s license at CA DMV tomorrow!) to celebrate my DM first heavenly birthday, April 7. Nieces have put together a small to-do, hopeful that the headstone is in place at the cemetery & that the weather is perfect. Looking forward to a good family lunch (salads & sandwiches), a meal or two of Mexican food and great conversations all weekend! 

Prayers and good thoughts for those in need. 
IMG_5574.thumb.jpeg.d2abe69cc9603278ac697d4fdcaa42e3.jpeg

• Like 24

Slight change of plans.  The campground where we planned to stop did not work out. It's new with long concrete pads, but they are too narrow and not level.  Someone did do their homework on what was needed.  We were about 2 1/2 hours from home, so we'll be home tonight.

@Norseh2o  Safe travel to Arizona, and I hope all goes well this weekend.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

The rain here has gone from “oh my” to “holy moly” intensity with very active high winds. All sorts of tree breakage is noted and it is a little scary. We have had a busy day with visits from the hospice counselor and social worker. I thinks it has helped with some of the anxiety that we all have. Tana seems more comfortable although she has not been able to speak without the coughing interfering. She took to writing notes to us as the discussion progressed. I just feel strongly that we want to do what she wants now and we will do our best. DD and DS have informed me that they have arranged for the agency we used when my husband was so ill to come at night. It is very expensive and I hesitated to do this but in this time of crisis we need help. I am hoping that she will be more stable once again and that we will not need the help for an extended period.

There were so many of you sending prayers and kind thoughts. I read them to Tana just now and she was amazed that people she doesn’t know are there for her. It really is a beautiful thing and we are so grateful for all of you. I was afraid my fried brain would miss someone but please know we thank you all very much.

Debbie @dfish, I am glad you found out what was wrong with the eye and hope it feels better soon. I hope the nerve ablation helps but I am sorry you have to wait so long.

@JazzyV, I am sorry the pain has returned and hope the procedure helps. I wish you didn’t have to wait either.

@Nickelpenny

Pennie, I am glad to hear that you are out of your funk and very glad you found cruising to your liking. I wish your pain could be lessened in some way  also. I remember doing the happy dance when we got the 4 star thing!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 7

21 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

The rain here has gone from “oh my” to “holy moly” intensity with very active high winds. All sorts of tree breakage is noted and it is a little scary. We have had a busy day with visits from the hospice counselor and social worker. I thinks it has helped with some of the anxiety that we all have. Tana seems more comfortable although she has not been able to speak without the coughing interfering. She took to writing notes to us as the discussion progressed. I just feel strongly that we want to do what she wants now and we will do our best. DD and DS have informed me that they have arranged for the agency we used when my husband was so ill to come at night. It is very expensive and I hesitated to do this but in this time of crisis we need help. I am hoping that she will be more stable once again and that we will not need the help for an extended period.

There were so many of you sending prayers and kind thoughts. I read them to Tana just now and she was amazed that people she doesn’t know are there for her. It really is a beautiful thing and we are so grateful for all of you. I was afraid my fried brain would miss someone but please know we thank you all very much.

Debbie @dfish, I am glad you found out what was wrong with the eye and hope it feels better soon. I hope the nerve ablation helps but I am sorry you have to wait so long.

@JazzyV, I am sorry the pain has returned and hope the procedure helps. I wish you didn’t have to wait either.

@Nickelpenny

Pennie, I am glad to hear that you are out of your funk and very glad you found cruising to your liking. I wish your pain could be lessened in some way  also. I remember doing the happy dance when we got the 4 star thing!

Terry, I'm glad you willbe having help at night.  Getting sleep at night will help everyone cope better.  I hope the whole family will take advantage of the services of the social worker and counselor, especially the teenager. As difficult as this is for everyone, it must be extremely hard on him.  Doing what Tana wants should help everyone feel less anxious.  All of you are in our thoughts, especially for strength and comfort.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Happy Hump Day to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am a tad late to the party as I decided I would sleep in this morning - all the way to 0730!!!  LOL!!  I love the music scores in movies (except the Tubular Bells in the Exorcist - which to this day - creeps me out!!), haven't seen a fan dance but would love to, and, oh, I love rainbows.  Here are a couple I have seen on BHBs and one from Lanzhou, China:

IMG_1689.thumb.JPG.3215eac277fbc658cb915f486c0a41e1.JPGIMG_3885.thumb.JPG.57a76caace8d09542f765762f1f2df74.JPGIMG_6414.thumb.JPG.ccac8e4ee53330db8a111994019bb440.JPGIMG_2743.thumb.JPG.bcb64cc654782777cbf9e0ce24b096d8.JPG

Yogi was something else 😂, the meal sounds delicious but only with the wine - no way, on the drink (caramel 🤢), never been to the port, and OMG, I graduated from HS in '73 and now that year is one of the Days in "History"?!?!?!?!

I am out of my funk and I want to thank everyone for the encouraging words and suggestions (I won't individually name you because I know I will forget someone!!).  Part of the reason I am out of my funk is I just decided to not let this development get me down.  But the biggest reason is:

ScreenShot2024-04-03at09_31_17.png.5c234ba92b36e67069214a7737f5c22c.png

AND I have over 100 sea days!!!  I am so excited and I just don't know why this was so important but I don't care!!  In a way, it means I have spent a lot of money the last 2 years but I have enjoyed cruising so much and it has opened up a whole new way of exploring the world that I never thought I ever, ever wanted to do.  AND I have met some of the neatest people on the planet - either in real life or virtually!!  I am on cloud nine!!  Can you tell???  LOL!!

I am thinking of all who are going through trials and tribulations.  Cheers to those celebrating and everyone have the best day you can today!

Two words -- free laundry!! Congratulations!

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@Nickelpenny

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda said it so well and I echo her thoughts.  Tana is lucky to have such a wonderful family to help her out.  Hug the teenager a little tighter.  This is hardest on him.  I am so glad you will be getting some night time help.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2