The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday April 3rd,

kazu

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is raining cats and dogs and will continue all day. All of the usual places are flooded and I hear the sump pump going in the basement. So far it was only about an inch of water in one area. Across the street the parked cars are sitting in water up to the mid wheel region. I would  get my car out of there now as two more inches are coming. The worst of it is the high wind warning. Con Edison sent out their usual warning last night. Hopefully the power will stay on.

I would look for a rainbow but not today. I would also love to see a Fan Dance. I have not been to Costa Rica and would love the meal if someone else made it. 
Thank you so much to everyone sending good wishes for Tana. The cough present in IPF sounds very specific, at least to me. My parents and brother all died from lung cancer and their coughs were specific as well. The nurse that came yesterday said nothing in front of Tana but had a separate conversation with me. I suspected that her condition was worsening and  this was confirmed. The oxygen is at the highest setting and all we can do to assist her breathing for now is use the nebulizer more frequently. Last night DD stayed with Tana so that I could sleep. We will see how it goes today. So far it has been a quiet morning.

@kazu, I had acupuncture quite a few times over the years and found that it helped tremendously. I hope that you find the same thing. It took a few sessions to see a good result, at least for my bones.

Take care today everyone.

Oh Terry.

I'm so sorry to hear how Tana is at the moment.

I pray for her health to improve.

Graham.

7712859_aba3f.gif

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyties!  Last nights storms were quite more than what the cats could handle.   Poor Tigger ran in from the porch and flew into my lap when the lightening and thunder were over head. Furnando ran into the den, and hid under the love seat, and Bob just laid on the floor by my feet. We decided that we would go to bed at 11:30, and just as we were turning off the lights and TV, they announced a tornado sighting down near Conyers, where our travel friends live.  Now, the hubby in that couple goes to bed by 8, and the wife is the one with dementia, and she stays up all night watching tv.  I hope that he had a weather alarm on his phone.  I will check in with them later this morning.

The cars this morning are now white from all the dogwood petals that were torn down by the rain.

Currently it's 54 and partly sunny.

Today DH has his immunotherapy session, which lasts about 3 hours.  It is usually set in the morning and we get lunch on the way back, today it's at 1:30.  So we will get out around 4:30. And then he wants to work this evening, but we still need to go grocery shopping.  The fridge is now bare.

The treatment lasts an hour, but they do blood tests first, then set him up in the therapy room, and if there is a meeting with the doc about any changes, we all go back to talk with them.  Last time, they met with DH while he was in the therapy so I have no idea what was said.  He has lost so much weight, has no muscle and his clothes are falling off of him.  I need to just throw some Boost in the cart and not let him decide if he wants it.  He is 6'2" and weighs 168 now.  Skin is sagging on his belly, gotta get some weight on him.  Being a diabetic I need to keep my weight down, he needs to gain, cooking is becoming a nightmare.

@smitty34877Sending prayers and hugs your way. I'm glad that you got some sleep and respite last night.   

• Like 15
  • Thanks 12

@dfishI read several years ago that humans probably swallow a spider while sleeping at least once in their lives, when I mentioned that to one of DH's docs, he said, it's more like one a month.  Sounds like a spider bite on your eye.  I am glad that it's looking better, but you might want to check with a doc to get something to treat the pain.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

It a rainy day. And in PA which my brother, his wife and kids got to yesterday from NC for today’s funeral. Im feeling like I should have gone too but it’s too late now. And we have appts for today and taxes- we got the call yesterday from DH,s pension people -took 2 weeks to tell us they don’t have the data TurboTax wants for calculating the NJ return so, we’ll have to do a paper filing for them. 

My SIL in NJ is not improving, had more interventions yesterday. Niece is beside herself between not wanting to do these interventions but trying to give her mom all the chances possible. Tough days. 

Happy for you Jacqui!  I’ve too have had relief from acupuncture. My close friend in NM teaches acupuncture!  I was a lucky friend!  

My NJ brother worked at Bell labs in 1973. There were a lot of breakthroughs then!  I guess there still are but it takes a while to work them into our lives. 

Blessings to all our Care list, all in pain, sorrow, worry… all traveling!  Protection for all in danger and for our countries and the world. m—

Note to Nancy @ottahand7 I replied late yesterday. Yes Wilmer Eye Institute in Bethesda. More in my note yesterday. Thanks!  m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

It's not likely that I'll find a rainbow today, as it's raining hard and this is likely to continue until it turns into s-n-o-w tomorrow.

Lemon-garlic steak and green beans would be OK with me, but I have only the green beans. The pseudotini sounds even more pseudo than most. Interested in the wine but not sure. Very little boxed wine made in the FL so I might consider Chateau LaFayette Reneau's Roaring Red.

shomeotherday.thumb.gif.276d678e765feff57c3a2fe833ba1a5c.gif

• Like 22
  • Haha 8

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I've never seen a fan dance, would love to see a rainbow because it means it would have rained, and what would movies be without the film score?  Today's quote rings true for many individuals in public life. 

Bon Voyage @SusieKIslandGirl and DH Loren - have a wonderful time!

@smitty34877I'm sorry to hear Tana's condition has deteriorated.  Will continue prayers for the best possible outcome for her.  I'm so glad you finally had a night of sleep.

@JazzyVspeaking of sleep, I don't know how you manage; I'd be a zombie if I tried getting along with 2 or 3 hours of sleep nightly.

@RMLincolnI'm happy to hear DH's eye has settled and there's hope for saving his sight!

@summer slopesending prayers for your friends Mike and Sue; I do hope he's able to be released from hospital so they can make their way home.

@dfishif your eye doesn't get better, maybe drop into a medi-clinic to get it checked out.

The sun is starting to shine and looking and the forecast, we're starting to get out of the winter temps.  Currently we're sitting at 2C(35F), but the predicted high is for a whopping 19C (66), which should really make the glaciers recede a foot or two from the back and front yards!  Not a lot on the agenda today except a trip to the family physician for DH's bi-monthly blood check up, etc.  Still no word from the valve replacement clinic, so we just bide our time.  Maybe the doctor today can get some info for us, we'll see.

I'd love to have one of the salted caramel martinis - sounds like a great dessert drink!  Today's wine would be acceptable - and I think the description meant it was nice to have a glass outdoors in the evening under a cozy blanket.  I like today's menu suggestion, but have never been successful at cooking steak - nor has DH, so as a result the only time we have steak is at the Pinnacle on a BHB.  We've got leftover hard boiled eggs from Easter that need to be used, so I'll be making them into egg salad sandwiches that we'll have along with some turkey soup(from the freezer again) at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in wars, not of their making.  Special prayers to the people of Taiwan and to the innocents in Gaza.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 34

My favorite film score is from the film, Under Fire. If you have seen the film, the gentleman portrayed by Gene Hackman, was one of my dad's friends.

9bf9890bfbf353cd393e23d9cf2bfa74---november-on-sunday.jpg

10-Wednesday-Minion-Images-To-Help-Get-You-Through-The-Day-49440-8.jpg

72d7c0863c82b51ecc0902409951409f.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Just waiting for our turn in the dermatologist. Finally! Prayers for Allen he gets some relief!

I'll check back and read more thoroughly,  but I send my most heartfelt Prayers for Tana! 

Prayers and best wishes for Allen this afternoon at the dermatologists Joy.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Bon Voyage @SusieKIslandGirl.  I'll pass on the fan dance, would love to see a rainbow but don't think we'll see any trace of the sun today.  A cheer for film scores.  Our Baltimore Symphony frequently shows movies with the music cut out and replaced by the Orchestra live.

While cell phones are essentially I often feel like they are a curse.

I have not been to Quepos.

The meal actually sounds very nice.  My alternative is Tropical Fruit Medley, Broiled New York Striploin, and Baked Alaska as served on MS Amsterdam April 2, 2014.  I hope there were  green beans on the plate as well.

Just got word that I need to substitute on my church AV team Sunday, my echocardiogram Friday permitting.

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good rainy morning. It’s supposed to rain all day and there are flood warnings in effect. 
I am not sure what is for dinner tonight but the steak sounds good.

I’m thinking of all the classic movie scores, like Gone With the Wind, Chariots of Fire, Sound of Music’.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 21

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 Crystal World Cruise.  April 3 was another sea day on Crystal Symphony from Easter Island to Robinson Crusoe Island:

dawn0403.jpg

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

58 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Just waiting for our turn in the dermatologist. Finally! Prayers for Allen he gets some relief!

I'll check back and read more thoroughly,  but I send my most heartfelt Prayers for Tana! 

Prayers for Allen and take care Joy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Oh Terry.

I'm so sorry to hear how Tana is at the moment.

I pray for her health to improve.

Graham.

7712859_aba3f.gif

Thank you Graham. We all appreciate it so much. 
I am guessing you are away and look forward to seeing more food! Enjoy!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@smitty34877 My prayer for Tana is that she can be comfortable and at peace.  

I think it is a good idea to get this eye looked at.  I will stop at Urgent Care after my Spine and Pain Clinic appointment.  I'm sure Spine and Pain won't be able to help me.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Dailyites, and many thanks for all the news for the past few days.  Things have been busy here, but I have been thinking of you all, especially Tana, and Annie's DH.  We have only today and tomorrow here, and then on Friday we're off for Fort Lauderdale.  DD's appointment at the hospital yesterday went quite well, everything is still in place and the surgeon will check her again in three weeks, so we will be back to take her to her appointment.  After the appointment yesterday, we stopped at the grocery store so she could stock up for at least a few days of our absence, and DS will have to assist while we're gone.  

I have requested a "wave" from the PTZ webcam, so hopefully you will be able to see us on the NS as we leave, along with @sailingdutchy and @Overhead Fred and their DWs, all scrunched up on our little verandah.  Our itinerary says we are leaving at 3, but I rather doubt it.  If it ends up that we leave after dark, we will probably just go to dinner!  

It is dreary here, and has been raining overnight.  I will be doing errands this morning, Pat will stay home and wait for the plumber, who will arrive, hopefully, sometime during the day.   

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and many thanks for all the news for the past few days.  Things have been busy here, but I have been thinking of you all, especially Tana, and Annie's DH.  We have only today and tomorrow here, and then on Friday we're off for Fort Lauderdale.  DD's appointment at the hospital yesterday went quite well, everything is still in place and the surgeon will check her again in three weeks, so we will be back to take her to her appointment.  After the appointment yesterday, we stopped at the grocery store so she could stock up for at least a few days of our absence, and DS will have to assist while we're gone.  

I have requested a "wave" from the PTZ webcam, so hopefully you will be able to see us on the NS as we leave, along with @sailingdutchy and @Overhead Fred and their DWs, all scrunched up on our little verandah.  Our itinerary says we are leaving at 3, but I rather doubt it.  If it ends up that we leave after dark, we will probably just go to dinner!  

It is dreary here, and has been raining overnight.  I will be doing errands this morning, Pat will stay home and wait for the plumber, who will arrive, hopefully, sometime during the day.   

Wow, I just missed you and overhead Fred and sailingdutchy by one week. NS was great!!!!  Say hello to the Pinnacle Grill Manager for me, Doddie. He was excellent along with two waiters Robertus and Anam! Of course They will not remember me as RedneckBob but as ….?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. 

Back from the dermatologist. Dr. took several biopsies to make sure what Allen has is severe eczema. Also gave him a Dupixent injection. Dr. said she will work on Tri Care approval for the drug after she gets the biopsy results back. 

I lifted prayers for all on our multiple lists. Added Taiwan and hope we hear from Daily friends on how their families are. Still praying for our Tana! Debbie get that eye checked! 

Just saw a rainbow a few days ago! It was pretty faint, but still.

image.png.a8a2ac145d73fb6c6f9e08c58fdfd17e.png

I would enjoy watching a fan dance. Reminds me a tad like the hula, only more feathery?

Having a goodbye lunch for the summer as 2 of our group goes to California in a few days. 

Sending you blessings. Thanks for thinking of Allen.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2