The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 6th, 2024

kazu

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much Jacqui @kazu for keeping the FR&D going every day.

It is one of the main reasons I stay on CC.

Kindest regards.

Graham x

+1 That is a very sweet thing to say!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a sunny day at the beach

Interesting collection of days. Drowsy drivers are so dangerous for all of us. Not a fan of twinkies.

Welcome home to @durangoscots @Cruising-along @cruising sister @Cruisercl. It is hard to believe that voyage is over. I really enjoyed following along on @richwmn blog. Very exciting cruise.

@Heartgrove   MSC has become very popular around here. Many of my neighbors have gone on that ship. My nephew and GF have gone 3 times! You are best to park offsite.  Either Park n Cruise or Park Port Canaveral are reputable popular parking options, close to the Port. Park Port Canaveral is closer. Port Canaveral is a very busy port so I would avoid trying to park onsite. I will wave as you float by me! Any questions, just ask me.

DH and DS are volunteering today  at the Shredding event sponsored by the Police Department and the library. They will be very busy. DS will mostly be directing as he still cant lift.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone, a beautiful sunny day in store.  Thanks for the daily report.  Sorry Charlie, Starkist doesn’t want tunas with good taste.  Don’t be a drowsy driver.  Hats off to Twinkies, they made it into many lunchboxes.  I like the quote, sometimes a straightforward blessing is desired.  I’ll pass on the meal as I don’t have an air fryer.  Not sure I’d like the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those celebrating happy events today!🥂

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a cloudy and very windy, 15mph from the south, central Texas.  It is currently 64F, feels like 62F with a predicted high of 77F.  The humidity is 94% with a dew point of 61F.  From looking at the hourly forecast, it will be humid most of the day, which after the dry desert, will take some getting used to again.  However, I will be working in the yard since the chance for rain isn't great until Monday night.  It will be cloudy Monday, and Tuesday the forecast is calling for heavy rain and severe thunderstorms. Naturally, that is the day I have an 8am appointment to have my teeth cleaned, and DH has an appointment for a CT scan about an hour from here.  I hope the forecast changes for Tuesday.

Of the three days today, Drowsy Drive Awareness is the one to focus on, while the others might be good for some people.

Another interesting but sorta blah quote.

The air-fryer rotisserie chicken sounds nice, but I think it would be a very tight squeeze in my air fryer, which does have a rotisserie attachment.  It cooks rotisserie Cornish hens very well.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds like it's worth a try, and the price is good too.

We have not been to Niigata, Japan, so I don't have any pictures to share.

I'm glad George Eastman began selling his rolled film in  1889.  We have used a lot of rolled film in our lifetimes.  DH worked as a photographer for all the University of Texas student publications.  We also took a lot of pictures of the DDs high school band and used the pictures as a fund raiser for the band.  The band members could purchase pictures for $1 and we donated the money from the pictures to the Band Parents group.  

@Cruising-along  Welcome home, Carolyn and Henry.

@durangoscots  Welcome home, Susan.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, welcome home.

@Cruisercl  Welcome home, Caron.

@richwmn  Rich, I hope you enjoy your next segment of your long cruise.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope the eye continues to improve.

@Heartgrove  Jack, that's good news all your cruises are rearranged and finalized.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad your friends in Conyers are safe and did not have any damage from the tornado.

434304599_122146744790136364_6695306598128083728_n.jpg.005f427ec5f0a32b273090c764e6505d.jpg

434483512_728371036134024_2878185260388931769_n.jpg.6886c20deb4fa341baf2a23e26ce0b83.jpg

434675427_398497053025076_3863040917851024046_n.jpg.be4612aa6dcba7de54005efeb7e7ac94.jpg

434774296_385269847757023_21566507115050454_n.jpg.9e87fb730837e18bc049537ef2cd9a55.jpg

434955867_414304824523186_8885895103267438740_n.jpg.a446d2e905cc025515bc33fec91c55c0.jpg

434993930_414580587828943_8250905482513026324_n.jpg.ecca7e5fa475e471be2c3ae539f12d64.jpg

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 15

Yesterday was a sunny, pleasant day.  When we took our golf cart ride, we stopped so I could get pictures of the bluebonnets on the other side of our neighbor hood.

These are in a neighbor's front yard.

DSC00347.thumb.JPG.e3dcd70b28505524f33cfd1aaaf619dd.JPG

The field across the road from the first picture.

DSC00348.thumb.JPG.9020e4929c37a3716366abb27444d323.JPG

My small but growing patch of bluebonnets.

DSC00351.thumb.JPG.cf4ad952803305ea63b8f268a3150582.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Happy to hear that HAL is rectifying the entertainment problems they have had for awhile, I guess the food has improved also so maybe we will book another cruise with them down the road, we have a Princess cruise coming up in May and 2 Celebrity cruises in August and December.

Which ship in December on Celebrity? We are trying the Ascent.

Dont know about food in MDR. Never dined there. We were lucky to dine at Speciality restaurants six of seven days. They were are excellent except for Canelltto. Disappointing. I had forgot the variety of foods at the Lido Restaurants compared to other cruise lines. The deli/pizza grill was good but only ordered once. Took over an hour to get a pizza!

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyites, and thank you to everyone for the daily news!  We made it to Fort Lauderdale late last night, after an eventful day of snow storms, (they said 8 inches in Calgary), delayed flights, and a lot more walking than I had anticipated.  But we and our suitcases are here now!  Pat is still asleep , but I’ll wake him soon, as the plan is to go to Joe’s Diner for breakfast.  

• Like 36

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thank you to everyone for the daily news!  We made it to Fort Lauderdale late last night, after an eventful day of snow storms, (they said 8 inches in Calgary), delayed flights, and a lot more walking than I had anticipated.  But we and our suitcases are here now!  Pat is still asleep , but I’ll wake him soon, as the plan is to go to Joe’s Diner for breakfast.  

Have a great cruise! We were really impressed with the N Statendam and staff last week! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

+1 That is a very sweet thing to say!

Graham @grapau27's Mam raised him right!  He is a very kind gentleman.

3 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Glad to hear you are in Fort Lauderdale safe and sound.  Enjoy breakfast and have a great cruise!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites from a windy 66 morning topping out to 80 degrees.

Gosh it was so weird to see an earthquake in the east yesterday. Our prayers for our friends,  family,  and loved ones. Vanessa you should be put at the top of your cares list. You always place yourself last. Hoping Tana, Terry and household were able to get some restful sleep. Prayers for Sandi's list of family and friends,  our soldiers, homeless veterans, those innocents in war torn countries, and those starving from lack of food.

And Graham, you are a very sweet, caring gentleman and we enjoy seeing you on the Daily. Hugs to Pauline and your Sarah.

An expensive day yesterday:

We received a quote for getting a motorized shade for our patio. The sun sets right in an open area of the patio, but it's tricky. We have multi level walls, plus an iron planter that won't be moved. I'm hoping this guy knows what he's doing, as he promised it can work. $3000

At noon, the Garage maintenance company had to change out a spring and hinges,  adjust the chains and lubes. $900 The original spring was a cheap install on building and couldn't pull the weight of the garage door. Now it's smooth going.

Today we are taking a friend with us to Farmer's market and out to lunch. Tonight friends are coming for drinks. It should be a nice night to sit out and enjoy.

My mom, who was a great cook and owned several restaurants around Algonquin would make fresh tuna, and would make a salad that was out of this world. (Remember this is the 60's) she always warned us not to get anything from a can because it could contain rust or contaminated by the metal. Poor Charlie Tuna!!

image.png.7bc73979f75fed92abec50a477857613.png

No twinkies for me, thank you.

image.png.a93e29be9033573003814eec7baa76d1.png

image.png.1759165ca8b71ad36a03e2d179464a15.png

Blessings to each of you today.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Which ship in December on Celebrity? We are trying the Ascent.

Dont know about food in MDR. Never dined there. We were lucky to dine at Speciality restaurants six of seven days. They were are excellent except for Canelltto. Disappointing. I had forgot the variety of foods at the Lido Restaurants compared to other cruise lines. The deli/pizza grill was good but only ordered once. Took over an hour to get a pizza!

The Reflection on December 1.

• Like 13

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Ann, Dixie, and Debbie.  I’ll celebrate awareness of drowsy driving but pass on the other two days.  I like the quote.

I have not been to Niigata.  My curiosity was provoked and I got curios looking at the port schedule.  The only ship listed I have been on is the Silver Whisper many years ago on a Suez canal cruise.  There are 3 BHB ships I have not sailed, Noordam, Zuiderdam, and Nieuw Amsterdam.  I have had cruises booked on all 3 but cancelled due to covid and my pneumonia bout last year.  I have sailed all the other current ships, all the R & S class as well as Prinsendam and Rotterdam V.

I don’t have an air fryer.  My alternative is Honey Pineapple, Rack of Lamb, and Black Forest Cake as served on MS Zaandam April 6. 2017:

dishes06.jpg

Back from my walk.  Will head for the fire house a bit early this afternoon and will stop at the post office to mail what I hope will be the last check for my Florida hospital stay last November.

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham @grapau27's Mam raised him right!  He is a very kind gentleman.

Glad to hear you are in Fort Lauderdale safe and sound.  Enjoy breakfast and have a great cruise!

Thank you Sandi and @Haljo1935 for your nice comments.

I have hospital checks on foot pain and facial skin cancer check ups next week.☹️

• Like 21

17 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites from a windy 66 morning topping out to 80 degrees.

Gosh it was so weird to see an earthquake in the east yesterday. Our prayers for our friends,  family,  and loved ones. Vanessa you should be put at the top of your cares list. You always place yourself last. Hoping Tana, Terry and household were able to get some restful sleep. Prayers for Sandi's list of family and friends,  our soldiers, homeless veterans, those innocents in war torn countries, and those starving from lack of food.

And Graham, you are a very sweet, caring gentleman and we enjoy seeing you on the Daily. Hugs to Pauline and your Sarah.

An expensive day yesterday:

We received a quote for getting a motorized shade for our patio. The sun sets right in an open area of the patio, but it's tricky. We have multi level walls, plus an iron planter that won't be moved. I'm hoping this guy knows what he's doing, as he promised it can work. $3000

At noon, the Garage maintenance company had to change out a spring and hinges,  adjust the chains and lubes. $900 The original spring was a cheap install on building and couldn't pull the weight of the garage door. Now it's smooth going.

Today we are taking a friend with us to Farmer's market and out to lunch. Tonight friends are coming for drinks. It should be a nice night to sit out and enjoy.

My mom, who was a great cook and owned several restaurants around Algonquin would make fresh tuna, and would make a salad that was out of this world. (Remember this is the 60's) she always warned us not to get anything from a can because it could contain rust or contaminated by the metal. Poor Charlie Tuna!!

image.png.7bc73979f75fed92abec50a477857613.png

No twinkies for me, thank you.

image.png.a93e29be9033573003814eec7baa76d1.png

image.png.1759165ca8b71ad36a03e2d179464a15.png

Blessings to each of you today.

Thank you Joy and best wishes to Allen too.

• Like 18

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Until we got cable, I had never heard of Charlie the Tuna.  Drowsy drivers are as dangerous as drunk ones.  DH always lets me know when he's starting to lose his concentration on the highway and we quickly pull over and switch places.  I've never had a passion for Twinkies; for me it was one and done.  I remember bringing rolls and rolls of film along for our cameras on vacations over the years.

Bright sunshine out there this morning and we're above freezing again - yay!  Currently +4(39) with a predicted high of +15 (59) means a lot of the snow will be disappearing.  As I opened the curtains to the front yard I could see a noticeable improvement just from yesterday's warmth and it will soon be time to get the rake out to remove the debris left from the junipers over the winter.  

Welcome home to all our Daily cruisers - I hope you came back with wonderful memories.

While DH was away with his kids yesterday I accomplished a lot - 3 loads of laundry washed, dried and put away; vacuumed the entire main floor; ran the cleaner through the dishwasher; vacuum sealed 12 packages of chicken breasts; removed, recharged and replaced our doorbell camera, and walked a mile on the treadmill.  I figured it was time to bring it out again, as I've neglected it for so long, so when I was downstairs doing laundry, I turned on the TV and walked.

Not a lot on the agenda for us today, but we're meeting our friends Wayne & Fran for brunch around 1.  I feel bad that we haven't seen them for some time, but we've been busy with Ollie and Gord, and I know they understand.  It will be good to catch up with them and talk about happy things.

I would try the drink if someone made it for me, I've had the wine and enjoyed it, and we do like rotisserie chicken, although I've never made one.  We've got an air fryer but it doesn't have the rotisserie feature - I'm sure it would be fine just in the tray though.    I've got a couple of salmon fillets thawing right now that will be coated in panko crumbs and baked, and will be served along with air fried asparagus and baked potatoes at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in path of storms or earthquakes(!), in grief, and in wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  When reading the "Todays", a big smile appeared on my face about good 'ole Charlie and Twinkies.  I remember the commercial and also how I would eat Twinkies (digging out the middle with my tongue!).  And it is important to be aware of drowsy driving!  Interesting quote and while air fryer anything is good, I will pass on it and also pass on the drink and wine.  Never been to the port.  I remember putting the film in  backwards!!!!

IMG_7711.thumb.JPG.398b9d491ad8a03a25e546e65da628b0.JPG

Yesterday was such a busy day and oh soooooo windy!!!  45 mph winds and you could hear it blowing!!  Today will be much better but it blew in a cold front.  We got up to high 70s yesterday and today we will only get in the low 60s.  But it will be sunny all day!!  So a nice day.

ScreenShot2024-04-03at08_41_27.thumb.png.1f5512a0be7b20b6b5df50439842e136.png

Decided I would take all next week off so I cancelled a sub job I had picked up a long time ago.  Today will be a chill day with the gym, straighten the house up a little and then maybe enjoy the outdoors.  I will sous vide a pork loin this afternoon but haven't decided what to have with it.

ScreenShot2024-04-03at18_02_02.thumb.png.c2cb98829332010e16eec76f52a14a92.png

Boy, a lot of people returning from a cruise.  Hope you had a fantastic time!!  My next cruise is not for 207 days 17 hours and 6 minutes (but who is counting???) and I hope I will still be able to go at least for 1/2 of it.  I am hoping for the best.

ScreenShot2024-04-03at08_40_58.png.2cd073b3d43b922691678ff79b58258c.png

I hope all who were in the earthquake area have gotten over the "shock" and all is well.  As a Cali girl, I remember my first earthquake as a child.  I thought it was cool!!  Thoughts for all on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.

IMG_7713.thumb.JPG.72c47eff31fb863299aea8eda5f2e2aa.JPG

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 16
  • Haha 15

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

20240406_084736.thumb.jpg.06ad7294f732f71ff627a32583401eb4.jpg

Above the firepit and to the right is where I'm hoping the shade will go. I'll have to move the Lantana from the planter because the frame is going across the middle of it.

Looks fabulous Joy.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

The Reflection on December 1.

The Ascent also leaves on Dec 1. Based my advanced math studies and what happened this past year at Port Everglades, there are four ship in ports on 12/1/24. Expect the Reflection to leave from Terminal 19 and the Ascent Terminal 25. Meet you in Main Parking Garage on 12/1, Level 3 at 10:45 am!

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi and @Haljo1935 for your nice comments.

I have hospital checks on foot pain and facial skin cancer check ups next week.☹️

I hope the foot pain hospital visit and the skin cancer checks go well for you.  I'm sorry to hear about the foot pain and hope they can resolve the issue for you quickly.  On Friday I am seeing the ENT about my cough.  I visited him several years ago and he did a laryngoscopy but found nothing out of the ordinary.  Since the cough seems worse to me they will take another look, is my guess.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

@Heartgrove   MSC has become very popular around here. Many of my neighbors have gone on that ship. My nephew and GF have gone 3 times! You are best to park offsite.  Either Park n Cruise or Park Port Canaveral are reputable popular parking options, close to the Port. Park Port Canaveral is closer. Port Canaveral is a very busy port so I would avoid trying to park onsite. I will wave as you float by me! Any questions, just ask me.

Charlene, thanks for the advice. We are staying the night before at the Holiday Inn Express Cape Canaveral. My thoughts are we can go against the traffic arriving to the port when we go to park. Yes, we really enjoy MSC and it is almost half price this sailing for Yacht Club - made even better with our Voyager discount. Seven nights with two ports we haven't been to before.

- Jack

• Like 20

Happy Saturday!  A few words about Sorry Charlie Day, this day allows us to pause and reflect on the rejections we’ve faced throughout our lives. Today, we can celebrate our own perseverance or learn from the experiences of others in bouncing back from rejection.

My niece is visiting from FL so I’m making her a special dinner tonight.  We’ll start with cheese fondue.  I’m sure some of you have fondue pots that haven’t been out of the cupboard for quite some time.  It’s a great appetizer when you want to sit around the table and catch up.  Our main course will be crabcakes made with MD blue crab meat served with MD sweet corn, I froze both last summer.  I hoard things during the winter but it is time to clear out the freezer and look forward to restocking this summer.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

20240406_084736.thumb.jpg.06ad7294f732f71ff627a32583401eb4.jpg

Above the firepit and to the right is where I'm hoping the shade will go. I'll have to move the Lantana from the planter because the frame is going across the middle of it.

Beautiful patio!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1