Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Boy, this thread really separates the “glass half full” from the “glass half empty” folks. 😂

More like separating D+ and Pinnacle, versus everyone else.  Very little change for everyone else.  I'm happy for the D+ and Pinnacle folks though.  They've earned it

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

RCG stated that it may take up to seven days to update all accounts.

you need to look on APP first

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Does anyone know if the 25% off Specialty Dining perk can be used thru the Cruise Planner or if it only applies if you book onboard?

I can’t answer that question specifically, but if it works like the % off the premium drink upgrade benefit, you have to call in and speak to a rep to get it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acuprulez said:

Guessing this will be more of an issue for pinnies matching to X and crowding the retreat lounge than the other way around, last I heard there was < 1k zeniths.  No idea how many are on RCL, but guessing at least 5x that.

Few yrs ago there was list how many Pin's, I'd say it's pushing at least 8-10K by now.

36 minutes ago, w770496 said:

you need to look on APP first

That’s where I looked. I still can’t get in either site without creating a new password each time, so I’ve been using the app only. 

2 hours ago, acuprulez said:

Guessing this will be more of an issue for pinnies matching to X and crowding the retreat lounge than the other way around, last I heard there was < 1k zeniths.  No idea how many are on RCL, but guessing at least 5x that.

Space in the retreat lounge is already tight with just suite guests. Especially the E class. I see the number of Zenith limited with this new change. 

4 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

Space in the retreat lounge is already tight with just suite guests. Especially the E class. I see the number of Zenith limited with this new change. 

But it does not matter with the free Premium Drink Package. Gives you plenty of retreat all over the ships

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

But it does not matter with the free Premium Drink Package. Gives you plenty of retreat all over the ships

It obviously matters to some which is why I posted that. Not everyone has the same wants or needs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Zenith gets WIFI and the Premium Drink package correct?

I also wanted to verify that!  Have one Celebrity booked and will likely book a lot more now!  

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Does Zenith get an exclusive breakfast venue (e.g. Chops or CK) ?

Not Specific to Zenith but Elite and above have breakfast venue —cold good only — meats and cheeses and pastries and fruits and juices and smoothies and mimosas and bloody Mary’s and specialty coffees

Just read an article where Jason Liberty stated that this is step one concerning the status match but “there might be more to come”. I think that due to the high numbers of D+, Elite Plus, Pins and Zenith crossing lines that more changes might be coming and my guess is we will see some reductions. Time will tell. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-silversea-status-match/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

That’s where I looked. I still can’t get in either site without creating a new password each time, so I’ve been using the app only. 

Mine was doing this until I called Celebrity. Someone there deleted another email account that I had created in the past and forgotten about. Now it works fine and I use same sign in for RC and C.

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Not Specific to Zenith but Elite and above have breakfast venue —cold good only — meats and cheeses and pastries and fruits and juices and smoothies and mimosas and bloody Mary’s and specialty coffees

Thanks.  Definitely not equivalent to the Royal breakfast.  Not a deal-breaker but definitely a demerit.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Mine was doing this until I called Celebrity. Someone there deleted another email account that I had created in the past and forgotten about. Now it works fine and I use same sign in for RC and C.

When we get home from Adventure I’m going to make celebrity and royal same PW. Hope that works. Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

When we get home from Adventure I’m going to make celebrity and royal same PW. Hope that works. Thanks. 

RCI and X use the same password.  If you change it one, it changes it on the other.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Does Zenith get an exclusive breakfast venue (e.g. Chops or CK) ?

There is one, but it only has a small number of continental choices.  Bikini’s, Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s are included.

• Haha 1

This makes me ready to get to Pinnacle on Royal.  At least now with Elite plus I’ll get some free laundry. It makes me more likely to book Celebrity. I signed up for Silver Seas.  I’m interested in them for some unique itineraries.

Unless they cut perks I see this as a good thing. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

There is one, but it only has a small number of continental choices.  Bikini’s, Mimosas and Bloody Mary’s are included.

Autocorrect seems to think you’d rather  have swimwear with breakfast rather than a Bellini😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, little britain said:

The cruises come with the packages as standard

Is AI a U.K requirement? In the U.S. we have the choice of cruise only or AI. If I can drop the AI internet and drinks add-ons and revert to cruise only on our Ascent cruise it will save us almost $1,500.😇

• Like 1