The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday June 26th, 2024

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Bar codes have made shopping easier. I've never been in a canoe. I liked the Harry Potter movies; someone gave me the books but I haven't read them yet. Interesting quote. The meal sounds good minus arugula, yes for the drink (sans coconut on the rim) and no to the wine due to cost. I haven't been to Salalah. 2 good days in history. My only trip through the canal was in the new locks as the NCL Bliss was too large for the old ones.

It's warm here, 83F now, with possible storms later. I'm debating about going to BFF's today due to the weather, so I'll see what they say on the noon news.

@mamaofami Happy Birthday! 

@StLouisCruisers I hope you enjoy your Kirkwall tour today. I hope your sister's arm is ok; is she getting it looked at?

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you arrived in Jacksonville safely. I hope the Mayo doctor has an easy fix for your arm.

@aliaschief I hope your upcoming skin biopsies don't show anything of concern.

@smitty34877 Mmmm, baked ziti. I hope Tana will eat a bit more and that you all have a quiet day.

@0106 Good news that the Inner Harbor is swimmable and fishable now. Congrats to Katie on her swimming accomplishment.

@cunnorl I share the concern about Starliner; they may need another way to get the astronauts home.

@superoma Fun picture of you and the Wednesday ladies.  

@dfish Thanks for the recipes while you enjoy the lake.

@Nickelpenny Oh no on your incision opening! Were you doing too much? Do take it easy now. Since mine was glued I worried somewhat about that, but could feel back there to check on it. 

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites!  Yes, @Live4cruises, my surgery is tomorrow.  Today is prep!  Wash sheets, etc., and I will get my hair cut in a little while.  My lovely DD aunts always had a hairdo, wore their best makeup and outfits to see the doctor, and when we quizzed them on it, they said "We want to look worth saving!"  So, in their honour, I will have a hairdo today, so I look worth saving tomorrow.  

Pennie, what a terrible thing to have happen.  I can't believe you did it yourself with a spray of water, maybe stitches dissolved before they were supposed to?

Happy birthday, Carol.  🎂🥂

I do approve of bar codes, but I wonder if QR codes will now get a day of their own.  They seem to be the latest thing.  I like the Harry Potter books.  My mother wrote a memoire of our time in the prison camp, I wish I had asked her more questions about it.  We haven't been to Oman, and I think I will cook half a salmon tonight, so there will be leftovers.  We had pork chops a few days ago.

• Like 28

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

The last couple of days have been challenging.  Unfortunately, I had to visit the surgeon on Monday (and I realized that was my 6-week post op day - I thought it had been much earlier).  I have had a couple of "oh, that feels like something is tearing" moments - maybe 2 or 3 that last a second - but nothing I worried about.  My back around my incision was itchy and sorer that I thought it should be, but again, I didn't worry.  I would go about my business (ok, maybe a little more than I should but you just can't keep this chick down).  I would stand in the shower and let the water hit it and it felt so good; I had probably been doing that for over a week.  Well, Saturday I felt around my back and my eyes almost popped out of my head because I thought I felt a hole.  Oops!!  Tried to take a pic of it (nope, that didn't work) so I would start a video and try to capture it.  The little bit I saw showed me I needed to go have it looked at.  So, I would put a band aid on it for the next couple of days.  When I would take the band aid off, there was a little bit of sero-sang fluid but nothing I was concerned about.  I called right at 0800 Monday morning, and they said come right down.  I was there by 0840.  First MA said, “Can I look” and then she said “OOOOOH!”.  She took some pics for me.  Second MA, same thing.  Doc comes in and says “Oh, my!!”  My incision had completely opened - ~2 inches.  I got the important questions – any headaches, pain down legs, fever, difficulty walking, etc – and the answers were all no.  So, the doc scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed the incision (not fun) and then restitched it up (again, not fun at all).  I have never been awake for stitches, so this was a first for me.  I think I will pass next time.  No more standing in the shower letting the water hit my back (dang) and I was so miserable Monday that I just laid flat on my back the rest of the day and most of Tuesday (watching movies – I watched the AARP live broadcast of The Wiz last night).  Today is a better day; I go back to the doc next Monday for a recheck and I am on 14 days of Augmentin.  He is not really sure what happened and if I caused it but………… I think maybe a little.  

Oh Pennie, you poor thing.  😔. How absolutely awful.  I hope you are feeling much better and your check up is a good one.  Take care of yourself, please.

@Vict0riann Ann, very best wishes for your surgery tomorrow 🙏 

‘Sandi, @StLouisCruisers I hope your DS’s bicep is not badly hurt 🙏 

@mamaofami Carol, I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning Dailyites!  Yes, @Live4cruises, my surgery is tomorrow.  Today is prep!  Wash sheets, etc., and I will get my hair cut in a little while.  My lovely DD aunts always had a hairdo, wore their best makeup and outfits to see the doctor, and when we quizzed them on it, they said "We want to look worth saving!"  So, in their honour, I will have a hairdo today, so I look worth saving tomorrow.  

Pennie, what a terrible thing to have happen.  I can't believe you did it yourself with a spray of water, maybe stitches dissolved before they were supposed to?

Happy birthday, Carol.  🎂🥂

I do approve of bar codes, but I wonder if QR codes will now get a day of their own.  They seem to be the latest thing.  I like the Harry Potter books.  My mother wrote a memoire of our time in the prison camp, I wish I had asked her more questions about it.  We haven't been to Oman, and I think I will cook half a salmon tonight, so there will be leftovers.  We had pork chops a few days ago.

Good luck tomorrow Ann.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good hot and sunny afternoon. Possible severe thunderstorms are expected tonight. 
  @Vict0riann, Ann , you most definitely are worth saving, prayers for you and your surgeon tomorrow.🙏❤️

Update on Shirl, she’s still not happy, has nothing to do except watch tv, but she wasn’t nasty on the phone. 
Stay cool 😎 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, it's a pleasant day here.  Not so humid.  We did go to the concert last night, the clouds came and it was pleasant. 

We have a canoe at the lake house.  We did swamp it the 1st time we used it....we did save the drinks though!  It's been good since then.

@Nickelpennysorry to hear about your incision...kind of scary.  Hope you heal with no more problems.

@mamaofamiHappy birthday to you!

Have a good afternoon, prayers for all who need them and cheers for everyone else.  K

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all! 
@mamaofami happy birthday! 
@Cruzin Terri hope all goes well, time for some good luck! 
@Nickelpenny yikes,  so sorry to hear that you had to experience that!   Not fun, last year it took two months for my incision to fully heal.  I guess healing slows as we get older,  not what one hopes. 
@Vict0riann hope all goes well tomorrow! You’ve been on my mind!  I think looking good helps.  

The only problem with the new IPhone 15 is that the resolution is too high for CC so I have to screenshot them!   But I wanted to share some of my irises. 

IMG_4733.png

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good Afternoon Dailyites 

I've had "one of those days". Happy to be home!

Happy Birthday to @mamaofami

@StLouisCruisers oh no on your sis. I'll pray it's not serious. Bathtub accidents happen a lot here in Sun City. I had my haircut today and a gentleman called to cancel his wifes appointment. She fell INTO the tub while  cleaning.

Terri and Penny, thinking of you!

Prayers for Jacqui,  Tana, @Vict0riann.

My dish is done, so taking it to a neighbor who just got home from hospital today.

A picture of 14916.thumb.jpeg.300f225a4ab5e9779dff07cd338d950b.jpegour twins that are living in our green space. They love watermelon rinds and grapes!

Blessings to you,

Joy

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Add
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Good early afternoon and Happy Wednesday. Humidity is down just a bit but still noticeable. 

There was an interesting episode of The Food That Built America on the History Channel about bar codes and their development. It was a game changer in the grocery world. I’ll give the other days a pass. 

I have a recipe that I love for pork chops but can’t seem to access my recipe box right now. I marinate them and then smoke them on the grill. I use the big thick bone-in pork chops. Yum. 

Pass on the wine and drink. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, thank you for the Birthday wishes!  Ouch on the incision opening!  I had that happen with an abdominal incision, but just a few inches of it, and the doctor decided not to re-stitch it but I had to clean it and really take it easy.  He told me it would heal from the inside out. I had been overdoing it, two little kids and a cat and a husband doesn’t make for an easy recovery!  I hope yours heals quickly!

Happy Birthday Carol @mamaofami!!  Enjoy your special day!!  🎈🎈🎈

Need to feed the always hungry teenager. Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh Pennie, you poor thing.  😔. How absolutely awful.  I hope you are feeling much better and your check up is a good one.  Take care of yourself, please.

@Vict0riann Ann, very best wishes for your surgery tomorrow 🙏 

‘Sandi, @StLouisCruisers I hope your DS’s bicep is not badly hurt 🙏 

@mamaofami Carol, I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a hot central Texas.  I also had one of the those days, but it was just a bunch of little things not going right.  The good news is DH found a watch repair center that will take a look at the last watch that needs work.  They even sent us a shipping label, so the watch is boxed and ready to drop off for UPS tomorrow.  Then, dealing with the HAL website today was not easy as it should have been.  The good news is, after a call from our PCC today, we rebooked the cruise  we book Monday and saved a good chunk of change.  I think we finally have a good PCC again after our really good one decided to be a stay at home mother a few years ago.  Now, we just need her to stay on the job.  🤞

6 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Not a fan of Harry Potter (though I watched one of the movies on a long flight and went "Meh") but will raise a glass for the other 2.   Weird quote. Meal looks interesting but no on the drink (coconut) and the wine is $$$$$! Been to Muscat but not Salalah.  Nice days in history.

ScreenShot2024-06-26at08_07_01.png.5e564d14678237e071f872da22c77e61.png

The last couple of days have been challenging.  Unfortunately, I had to visit the surgeon on Monday (and I realized that was my 6-week post op day - I thought it had been much earlier).  I have had a couple of "oh, that feels like something is tearing" moments - maybe 2 or 3 that last a second - but nothing I worried about.  My back around my incision was itchy and sorer that I thought it should be, but again, I didn't worry.  I would go about my business (ok, maybe a little more than I should but you just can't keep this chick down).  I would stand in the shower and let the water hit it and it felt so good; I had probably been doing that for over a week.  Well, Saturday I felt around my back and my eyes almost popped out of my head because I thought I felt a hole.  Oops!!  Tried to take a pic of it (nope, that didn't work) so I would start a video and try to capture it.  The little bit I saw showed me I needed to go have it looked at.  So, I would put a band aid on it for the next couple of days.  When I would take the band aid off, there was a little bit of sero-sang fluid but nothing I was concerned about.  I called right at 0800 Monday morning, and they said come right down.  I was there by 0840.  First MA said, “Can I look” and then she said “OOOOOH!”.  She took some pics for me.  Second MA, same thing.  Doc comes in and says “Oh, my!!”  My incision had completely opened - ~2 inches.  I got the important questions – any headaches, pain down legs, fever, difficulty walking, etc – and the answers were all no.  So, the doc scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed the incision (not fun) and then restitched it up (again, not fun at all).  I have never been awake for stitches, so this was a first for me.  I think I will pass next time.  No more standing in the shower letting the water hit my back (dang) and I was so miserable Monday that I just laid flat on my back the rest of the day and most of Tuesday (watching movies – I watched the AARP live broadcast of The Wiz last night).  Today is a better day; I go back to the doc next Monday for a recheck and I am on 14 days of Augmentin.  He is not really sure what happened and if I caused it but………… I think maybe a little.  

I have finally caught up with reading the last 2.5 days of the daily.

@Sharon in AZ and @Crazy For Cats DH: Happy belated Birthday!

@Cruzin Terri Good luck with the doc today.  I had a shredded bicep tendon they repaired when I had my rotator cuff fixed and I was very pleased with the result.  Would do it again in a heartbeat.

@kazu I hope your anniversary day was filled with good memories (and the pics were beautiful!).

@mamaofami Happy Birthday!!

I know I missed someone so I apologize for the omission.

Thoughts for anyone needing extra support and cheers for those celebrating.  Everyone have a great day.

Ouch, Pennie, that doesn't sound good.  I'm glad you got the incision restitched.  I hope that is the last of the problems for you.

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good hot and sunny afternoon. Possible severe thunderstorms are expected tonight. 
  @Vict0riann, Ann , you most definitely are worth saving, prayers for you and your surgeon tomorrow.🙏❤️

Update on Shirl, she’s still not happy, has nothing to do except watch tv, but she wasn’t nasty on the phone. 
Stay cool 😎 

I'm sorry Shirl is still not happy, but it's good she wasn't nasty on the phone.

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@mamaofami happy birthday! 
@Cruzin Terri hope all goes well, time for some good luck! 
@Nickelpenny yikes,  so sorry to hear that you had to experience that!   Not fun, last year it took two months for my incision to fully heal.  I guess healing slows as we get older,  not what one hopes. 
@Vict0riann hope all goes well tomorrow! You’ve been on my mind!  I think looking good helps.  

The only problem with the new IPhone 15 is that the resolution is too high for CC so I have to screenshot them!   But I wanted to share some of my irises. 

IMG_4733.png

Thanks for sharing your purple iris with us, Brenda.  Purple iris are my favorite flower.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good Afternoon Dailyites 

I've had "one of those days". Happy to be home!

Happy Birthday to @mamaofami

@StLouisCruisers oh no on your sis. I'll pray it's not serious. Bathtub accidents happen a lot here in Sun City. I had my haircut today and a gentleman called to cancel his wifes appointment. She fell INTO the tub while  cleaning.

Terri and Penny, thinking of you!

Prayers for Jacqui,  Tana, @Vict0riann.

My dish is done, so taking it to a neighbor who just got home from hospital today.

A picture of 14916.thumb.jpeg.300f225a4ab5e9779dff07cd338d950b.jpegour twins that are living in our green space. They love watermelon rinds and grapes!

Blessings to you,

Joy

Joy, I hope tomorrow is better.  Thanks for the pictures of the fawns.  We see between one and four deer at night, but have not seen any fawns.  I wonder if they are hiding in the trees.

@Vict0riann  Ann, best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow, and a speedy recovery.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

The quote for the day reminded me that I had a book in my library that I had not read in more than 20 years written by a friend.  It is "A Long Walk" by Claus Hackenberger.  In the preface it states "This is not a work of fiction.  It is an autobiography presented in novel form.  All events happened at places and locales cited in the story."  He grew up in Germany in the 1930s and ended up as a soldier in 1944 at the age of 16.  Was captured the next year and spent a few years doing slave labor in a French POW camp, escaping in 1947 and making it back to Germany.  We knew him as he eventually married a young lady from Taiwan and settled near us.  Think I last read it in 2003 as it had a bookmark of an airline boarding pass dated at that time.  So I am enjoying reading it again.

Ray

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Joy, I hope tomorrow is better.  Thanks for the pictures of the fawns.  We see between one and four deer at night, but have not seen any fawns.  I wonder if they are hiding in the trees.

Lenda,

Our neighbor had a new fawn on his patio for 4 hours on Sunday. He watched mama come get it and off they went. I wish Oliver was that good, staying in Elvis while I get the mail!

• Like 13

Good evening to all of you from beautiful Bluffton, South Carolina.

It is so good to be home. I cannot tell you how good it is.

My Orthopedic Doctor decided that the first thing to try is a steroid injection.  He thinks that this should take care of the pain along with some rest.  I told him that you all suggested some bubble wrap and he thought that might be a good idea as well (LOL).  

He recommended that I scrap the PT—at least for now.  Nothing to aggravate the area.

Right now I have some pain, but it doesn’t hurt like h**l like it did before.

So thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

We went out to eat and had great hamburgers at our local eatery with wonderful Margaritas.

Just hit the spot and I didn’t have to cook.

So tomorrow is another day and hopefully no catastrophes and we can move on.

In case I don’t wake up early, @Vict0riann you are in my prayers for a successful procedure tomorrow.  

i am very tired and will probably be in bed soon.

So Good Night and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

Good evening, everyone!

it was a busy day here on Golden Beach.   Two of the men went golfing and the ladies and other two men went to Charlevoix to check out the shops.  We bought salads and sandwiches at the deli and had a nice picnic in Bridge Park and then checked out all the stores.  i came home with two new t-shirts.  Sunset on Golden Beach.

IMG_3407.thumb.JPG.f84a13b6a349eb108640a5bab93bfcdb.JPG

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3