The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 21st, 2024

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Roy, I'm stumped about how Easo was missed.  After reading your post, I did another search, and the November 14, 2021, FR/D did not appear.  Thanks to your posting the date, I was finally able to locate the link.  I had searched for Easo yesterday and a couple of times today.  Thanks for letting us know the date because after three or four searches, I'd given up.

The search function in Cruise Critic only goes back about 2 years.  To get to something older what I do and I think Sandi does as well is some form of "go to page" which might depend on the device/browser you are using.  For three years back it is about page 500 but with November 14 it was page 464. Sandi and I have some form of database for old ports of the day (mine is a spread sheet).  Hopefully, Sandi is home and asleep by now.

Roy

• Like 10

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We went out to Gretna Green in Scotland today.

IMG_20240721_121330.jpg

IMG_20240721_120549.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, Graham.

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

The search function in Cruise Critic only goes back about 2 years.  To get to something older what I do and I think Sandi does as well is some form of "go to page" which might depend on the device/browser you are using.  For three years back it is about page 500 but with November 14 it was page 464. Sandi and I have some form of database for old ports of the day (mine is a spread sheet).  Hopefully, Sandi is home and asleep by now.

Roy

Roy, I try to do a search for the port of the day, if that doesn't work, then I start hunting.  I have a copy of either Rich's or Sandi's spread sheet which is a big help.  However, there was no date by today's port.  If we've been to the port, and I do not have any pictures posted of the port in the posted pictures files I keep; then, I am fairly confident it is a new port.  I wish the CC search would go back further than two years.  Fortunately, there have been very few ports that I haven't been able to find, but most of them are on days when I'm filling in for Sandi.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.

I have not had the opportunity to read any posts, but just wanted to check in.

The HVAC tech was back today and i am happy to say that the problem seems to be resolved.  The dripping has stopped so we are fairly sure that the culprit is the AC system.

However, we expect more rain tonight.  If the leak starts again, then I need to call a roofer.

I really hope I do not have to do that.

I had a very bad night thinking about a lot of what ifs.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Terri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Yea! It’s cloudy and we’ve had 10 drops of rain so far. Hopefully more to follow. Have a great Sunday.

Cloudy here too, and even though it's now showing 65% precipitation, we've had about 3 drops here. 😉  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good day and thanks all!  Wow on the port photos,   Thank you  @tjcox9 and @Cruising-along
I’m wondering what type of underwater camera you used?  Sad to hear that it has been eliminated as a stop right now.

@StLouisCruisers glad you’re safely home I  hope.

@kazu hope you’re doing okay and resting and recovering 

We have another hot one today and all week.  Nearly a month of thirties,  aka eighties and nineties not your typical  Canadian summer.  

Smoke is giving us those beautiful sunsets!

IMG_1773.jpeg

IMG_1772.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 5

17 minutes ago, bennybear said:

I’m wondering what type of underwater camera you used?  Sad to hear that it has been eliminated as a stop right now.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember and I think they were taken by DH, not me. He's more of a water person than I am. Whatever it was, it wouldn't have been very expensive as we use an underwater camera so seldom. I think we've gotten a different one since then. 

Nice photos even if the beautiful colors do come from smoke. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

@grapau27 Thanks for the video and pix of Gretna Green. We stopped there on our bus tour, darling place, good memories!  But that is not close to you on your NE shore.  Enjoy your change of scenery. m—

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Cloudy here too, and even though it's now showing 65% precipitation, we've had about 3 drops here. 😉  

We had maybe 10 drops earlier in Bremerton.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I expect you'll want to sleep a lot once you get home and may not have a lot of time for Cruise Critic.  Do get some rest.

Roy

Surprise!  I haven't slept at all today because I hope to get a good rest tonight.  We had things to do around the house when we got home.  We haven't unpacked except for a few important items, so I will do that tomorrow and begin some laundry.  We sent lots of laundry out while away but I don't send clothing that requires gentle cycle and air dry.  It's just easier to do it at home.

We actually arrived home at 9:30 a.m. which was 24 hours after they handed us the keys.  The car they rented us was brand spanking new - it only had 10 miles on the odometer!  We took good care of it for them.  

We did decide to return our rental car this afternoon instead of first thing on Monday morning, so that meant a drive to the airport with me driving one of our cars and DH the rental car.  Lots less traffic but more time in a car.  The Atlanta airport car rental center was jammed with people returning and renting cars, plus people like me trying to find a parking spot in the tiny little lot they have.  Lucky for me someone vacated a front spot as I pulled in to park and wait.  

Roy @rafinmd you were also exactly right about the port today, Easo, Lifou, New Caledonia.  It was here once before on Nov. 14, 2021 as you said.  Thank you for posting the link today.  I'll try to go back and read all the posts tomorrow.  

Boy, what a transition back to my regular laptop at home.  DH's is a very small HP and I had a heck of a time getting used to that keyboard.  Now I can't get used to my own laptop's keyboard.  I guess it will take a few days.

We will have a small snack for dinner tonight and then I know DH will head to bed.  I will be there shortly after him.  And I think we can both wait to start back to our doing our exercise routine in the morning.  We'll get plenty of exercise putting everything away tomorrow.  

@St Pete Cruiser I'm very happy to made it to Maine and were boarding today at Bar Harbor.   Was your flight booked through Flight Ease?  How did you get through to them?  No one I know did.  Our tickets are essentially consolidator tickets so that puts us at the end of the list when they are filling spaces on other flights.  I'm glad we took our fate into our own hands and rented that car.

So funny, I feel like I'm sitting on the ship typing this.  I'm rocking back and forth unintentionally.  DH says he hasn't got his land legs yet either.  Maybe we will feel like we're being rocked to sleep tonight!

Oh Annie @marshhawk this morning heading towards Atlanta we began getting heavy showers on and off.  Then the same going home from the rental car center.  What the heck?  Feels like Florida.  And so humid!  When I picked up my mail from my neighbors we were all standing outside sweating.  Not too bright of us!  I know you've been talking about this lately.  Looking forward to a change to less humidity and lower temps.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

@StLouisCruisersGlad you are safely home. A long drive.

We got RAIN!!!! Had a really lively thunder storm about a hour ago. First time I have seen the chihuahua react to thunder.  Bandit did not even notice. Turned the sprinkler off. It is cool right now. We can use more moisture and it looks like we may get it off and on this week,

Susan

• Like 11

@StLouisCruisers If you want less hot and humid, I'll see you at the end of October.  I think we are all in the same soup together this year.  I guess i'm not pleading to the correct people about stop driving for one day a week.  Stop putting gases in the air, one day a week.  Falls on deaf ears.

I am about to have ice cream, and sit down and watch a car race.  And then to bed.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Surprise!  I haven't slept at all today because I hope to get a good rest tonight.  We had things to do around the house when we got home.  We haven't unpacked except for a few important items, so I will do that tomorrow and begin some laundry.  We sent lots of laundry out while away but I don't send clothing that requires gentle cycle and air dry.  It's just easier to do it at home.

We actually arrived home at 9:30 a.m. which was 24 hours after they handed us the keys.  The car they rented us was brand spanking new - it only had 10 miles on the odometer!  We took good care of it for them.  

We did decide to return our rental car this afternoon instead of first thing on Monday morning, so that meant a drive to the airport with me driving one of our cars and DH the rental car.  Lots less traffic but more time in a car.  The Atlanta airport car rental center was jammed with people returning and renting cars, plus people like me trying to find a parking spot in the tiny little lot they have.  Lucky for me someone vacated a front spot as I pulled in to park and wait.  

Roy @rafinmd you were also exactly right about the port today, Easo, Lifou, New Caledonia.  It was here once before on Nov. 14, 2021 as you said.  Thank you for posting the link today.  I'll try to go back and read all the posts tomorrow.  

Boy, what a transition back to my regular laptop at home.  DH's is a very small HP and I had a heck of a time getting used to that keyboard.  Now I can't get used to my own laptop's keyboard.  I guess it will take a few days.

We will have a small snack for dinner tonight and then I know DH will head to bed.  I will be there shortly after him.  And I think we can both wait to start back to our doing our exercise routine in the morning.  We'll get plenty of exercise putting everything away tomorrow.  

@St Pete Cruiser I'm very happy to made it to Maine and were boarding today at Bar Harbor.   Was your flight booked through Flight Ease?  How did you get through to them?  No one I know did.  Our tickets are essentially consolidator tickets so that puts us at the end of the list when they are filling spaces on other flights.  I'm glad we took our fate into our own hands and rented that car.

So funny, I feel like I'm sitting on the ship typing this.  I'm rocking back and forth unintentionally.  DH says he hasn't got his land legs yet either.  Maybe we will feel like we're being rocked to sleep tonight!

Oh Annie @marshhawk this morning heading towards Atlanta we began getting heavy showers on and off.  Then the same going home from the rental car center.  What the heck?  Feels like Florida.  And so humid!  When I picked up my mail from my neighbors we were all standing outside sweating.  Not too bright of us!  I know you've been talking about this lately.  Looking forward to a change to less humidity and lower temps.

Sandi, I'm glad you made it home safely, and now don't have to mess with the rental car tomorrow.  I hope ypu both get a good night's sleep.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon.

I have not had the opportunity to read any posts, but just wanted to check in.

The HVAC tech was back today and i am happy to say that the problem seems to be resolved.  The dripping has stopped so we are fairly sure that the culprit is the AC system.

However, we expect more rain tonight.  If the leak starts again, then I need to call a roofer.

I really hope I do not have to do that.

I had a very bad night thinking about a lot of what ifs.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Terri

Terri, 🫰that the leak is fixed.

52 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

@StLouisCruisersGlad you are safely home. A long drive.

We got RAIN!!!! Had a really lively thunder storm about a hour ago. First time I have seen the chihuahua react to thunder.  Bandit did not even notice. Turned the sprinkler off. It is cool right now. We can use more moisture and it looks like we may get it off and on this week,

Susan

Susan, great news about the rain.  I hope you get more.

40 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisers If you want less hot and humid, I'll see you at the end of October.  I think we are all in the same soup together this year.  I guess i'm not pleading to the correct people about stop driving for one day a week.  Stop putting gases in the air, one day a week.  Falls on deaf ears.

I am about to have ice cream, and sit down and watch a car race.  And then to bed.

Annie, we try to do our part. Most weeks we only go out one day, unless it's a week of appointments.  Most trips are just into town to the grocery store.  We also do our best to consolidate everything into one outing.

Lenda

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Most weeks we only go out one day, unless it's a week of appointments.  Most trips are just into town to the grocery store.  We also do our best to consolidate everything into one outing.

Maybe two or three days for me, almost all short distances. I've had my car since August 2018 and driven it only 15,500 miles.

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Annie, kinda funny.. stop driving one day a week, and watching the car races...

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Maybe two or three days for me, almost all short distances. I've had my car since August 2018 and driven it only 15,500 miles.

Our newest car is a 2014, which I drive, mostly around town.  It turned over 10,000 miles a month or so ago.  I've also driven it to Waco and Ft. Worth.  Except for our Prius in Quartzsite, this car gets the best gas mileage.

Lenda

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

@grapau27 Thanks for the video and pix of Gretna Green. We stopped there on our bus tour, darling place, good memories!  But that is not close to you on your NE shore.  Enjoy your change of scenery. m—

Gretna Green is 80 miles by road from our house.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Gretna Green is 80 miles by road from our house.

Thank you Graham, it’s closer than I thought I should have looked at a map!  m—

• Like 3