The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 23rd, 2024

Today is Hot Enough For Ya Day, National Sprinkle Day, and Gorgeous Grandma Day

Life itself is the proper binge. - Julia Child

Meal Suggestion for today - Zucchini Bread
Drink of the Day - Blue Motorcycle
Wine of the Day - Robert Mondavi Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon Private Selection
Destination of the Day - Vancouver, B.C., CA

Today in History:
1840 Union Act passed by British Parliament, uniting Upper & Lower Canada
1962 First live transatlantic television signal
1982 International Whaling Commission bans commercial whale hunting

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 20:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 08:30 - 18:30

Nieuw Statendam

Lerwick, Shetland Isles 0800-1600

Noordam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0630-1500

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Piraeus-Athens, Greece eta 07-24

Rotterdam

Eidfjord, Norway Hardangerfjord 07:30 - 19:30

Volendam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 12:30 - 21:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 07-24

Zuiderdam

Sydney NS, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 17:00

0723World.thumb.png.6c22d5a462c85f0e11360c37c147b29f.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 26

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

77 this morning heating up to 92 with afternoon showers.

Nice selection of days and yes it’s been hot enough here in Florida, yesterday on the course was pretty brutal with high temps and humidity and not even close to having a breeze, I was never so happy to get to the 19th hole.

Good quote.

I’ve never had zucchini bread but I’d give it a try.

The wine is a favorite of mine. 
We’ve been to Vancouver, a beautiful city.

Didn’t post yesterday due to an early tee time so a belated congrats to Xander Schauffele his impressive win at the British Open.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from the Zuiderdam

Beautiful day here in Sydney.  Currently 62degrees, bright sunny skies. 
we will be picking up more passengers and crew here that missed the ship in Boston. Heard some crazy stories yesterday from some that boarded in Bar Harbor. One couple flew to JFK and took an Uber to bar harbor for $1000.! She said they were desperate, no flights or cars. 
    Captain cautioned us last nite about Greenland. Decisions to be made in the next few days. We will see.

Hope all you Gorgeous Grandmas have a great day!

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  It’s 71F and partly cloudy this morning.  It will rise to 87 with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms.  I have a hair appointment this morning so hope to be home before any storms come through.  I got up as usual this morning and headed to the treadmill.  I walked slightly slower, with a lesser incline and for only 2 miles instead of 2.5.  I need to ease back into it so I don’t wear myself out. Yesterday we completely unpacked the bags and I did many loads of laundry.  There’s a lot of ironing to do but that can wait a few days.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the location maps.  I can honestly say yes, it IS hot enough for me!  Sprinkles are okay but not a necessity. A big cheer for all the gorgeous grandmas out there!  I like the Julia Child quote.  I’m sure there are plenty of zucchini bread recipes coming our way today.  Blue Motorcycle is quite a name for a cocktail.  I would bet DH would enjoy today’s wine.  Sounds very interesting being aged in a bourbon barrel.  Hurray for all the This Day in History events.  Thanks for the Food & Beverage reports by Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard.

Prayers for my DB, twin sister, and Alex/Jordan’s baby boys.  Just two more days till their birthday!  Also for the people in Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our troops overseas.  More prayers for our Daily Care list group.  Hoping for good results for Debbie @dfish after the nerve ablation today.  Prayers for Tana, Jacqui @kazu, Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk, Joy's @Seasick Sailor's DS Bonnie, Ann @Vict0riann, Terri @Cruzin Terri, and Vanessa @JazzyV.  Sorry if I've missed anyone because I know we all have our daily problems and hate to complain too much.  Hoping for improvement in everyone's conditions and maladies.  Thanks Vanessa for your work on the lists for us.  Great job!

Today we have Vancouver, BC, Canada as our port and believe it or not this is a new port.  I looked hard and never found it listed before.  It’s a lovely city and many of us have been able to enjoy it over the years.  I’ll try to get some photos pulled for Vancouver but have to prepare to leave for my hair appointment too.  I’ll do my best.

Vanessa @JazzyV, please wish your BFF a belated happy birthday from me.  I’m still trying to catch up on the Daily from the past couple days.  Hoping you all enjoy your day, stay safe and keep well. 

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care List:

Dfish having nerve ablation today

Kazu recovering from stents placed for leg/foot pain

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck unable to get stents unclogged, needs surgery

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s in-utero identical twins, due soon

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie diagnosed with breast cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday summer slope (Dixie)!

Welcome home Lady Hudson!

Cruzin Terri’s water leak stopped

Nickelpenny’s great job laying tiles on her hutch

Overhead Fred and DW Mitzi enjoying time in Canada at their lake cabin

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Horizon Chaser 1957 (Volendam July 27 to Aug 20) 24d Canada, NE, Iceland

Cunnorl (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings, St Pete Cruiser (Zuiderdam to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary

• Like 23
  • Thanks 20

Posted (edited)

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

We had a bit of rain in the night, more in the forecast for today.  It'll be hot and humid, but it could be worse.

Hot enough for ya Day!  I guess we should get used to these hot temperatures because of climate change.  Not a fan of sprinkles.  I had a gorgeous grandma, and my mom is a gorgeous grandma.  Have a great day all you gorgeous grandmas.

I like the quote.

I like zucchini bread, looking forward to seeing new recipes.  Not sure about the drink but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

Vancouver is a great city to visit.  I think I need to go back.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@dfish  I hope the ablation goes well.

Have a terrific day.  Stay cool.

Edited by puppycanducruise
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Welcome home Katherine!

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the FR&D   It will be hot enough for me but I never had a living grandma, and will pass on the sprinkles.  Special prayers for  Terri, Katherine’s friend, Sandi’s brother, Scottie,  Chuck, Bonnie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.  

A nice quote by Julia Child.

I think most of us have been to Vancouver, usually many times, and it’s a great city..

Three very diverse days in history but certainly a great one for wildlife conservation..

I don’t think I have ever had Zucchini Bread. , My alternative is concluding a 2-day hiatus.

Not sure how today will go.  I hope it will be better than yesterday.  The one good thing is my station computer is fixed, I was at least an hour at the bank and almost an hour with one of my credit card companies..

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is sunny and 62°F here so not quite Hot enough for ya day.

I'm sure there are plenty of gorgeous grandmas on here.

Prayers 🙏 uplifted to anyone who is unwell.

I hope y'all have a lovely day.

Screenshot_20240723_113706.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Posted (edited)

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Cares and Celebration Report

And as always thank you to Debbie @dfish, Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope for your dedication to keeping us fed and hydrated.

Thank you to Graham @grapau27 for your explanation of the days we celebrate. 

There is not much to report.  My arm is feeling better without my doing much except resting it.  I am able to do more and more, but I am taking it slower.

As for the leak in the bathroom, I think it has been resolved.  The only thing left is to get someone to repaint the bathroom ceiling that now has a big brown stain on it.  It never ends!

That is for another time.

We are doing the best we can—taking one day at a time.  i really hoping that we will be able to take our cruise in November.  DH seems excited about going so we are planning to do so.  I hope it doesn’t change.  i need a break.

I know that it is another 105 days since they keep telling us that it is that long to Election Day.  That is the day we plan to leave for Miami.  So that is my cruise countdown clock.

Hope everyone has a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the Dailys!!

Happy Birthday @summer slope!!!

In Texas it's hot and HUMID!!  We don't often ask if it's hot enough for you -- because we know it just bring on hotter temps!!  So let's SPRINKLE sprinkles on everything and make it a FUN DAY!!!  And, I am a Grandma to my child's Quail...  Even a great Grandma to other quail...  But have no grand-humans to claim as my own...

Julia: We have no choice, but to binge.  Life keeps coming and coming!!  And enjoying and living to the best we can!  The meals and drinks and destination all sound perfect!!  I've even been to Vancouver!!!

Stay true and keep one foot in front of the other when you're moving!!!

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Blue Motorcycle cocktail:

Ingredients:

2 cups ice cubes
3/4 oz. Vodka
3/4 oz. Tequila
3/4 oz. rum
3/4 oz. gin
3/4 oz Blue Curacao
1 dash sour mix
2 oz. lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1 slice fresh lemon

Directions:

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, tequila, rum, gin, Blue Curacao, sour mix, and lemon-lime soda.  Shake vigorously to get lots of froth.
Pour the contents of the shaker, including ice, into a tall bar glass and garnish with a slice of lemon.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 6.58.59 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 22

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  Vanessa, you have a fantastic recording system to remember all of us.

Opened the door last night to my two sisters and one of my brothers.  I am the oldest of 5 and it was a wonderful surprise.  Two from Ohio and one from Hawaii/New York.

• Like 41

This is such a wonderful thread to read and post to!!

THANK YOU!!

Prayers for all the on the list and those things that we each have in our hearts that we don't mention!  I know we may think our needs are trivial or not so important...  but when they are prayed over...  blessings can happen!!!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely morning. Yesterday was the first day with no lightening in awhile. The Sahara dust cloud has got most of us coughing & our full moon was quite hazy. But our weather experts believe it helps keep tropical storms from forming. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us. I am glad your doctor is concerned and I hope a solution is found! 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, a trip to the local beach’s glass recycling bins with all the glass from last week’s neighborhood party and then a visit to my local wine bar. 

IMG_2836.jpeg.08af440374a3d3c5d12d225827c602fc.jpeg

IMG_3186.jpeg.7bfebc65c3be6136b38eb43f8819bf0a.jpeg

IMG_3185.jpeg.cf605d275b13418298be0ddc27ba63a2.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support.
@dfish Debbie praying that all goes well today!

Tana, praying you have a good day and are hungry. Hope the rice pudding tempts you!

Chuck, praying your doctor finds the right meds that help, but do not cause the edema. Hope you keep up your appetite. 

Prayers for all the caregivers. I don’t know how you do it with or without support. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Happy Anniversary, Canada!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Robert Mondavi Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon Private Selection (Its new name is Vint)

It is amazing the difference a bourbon or rum barrel can make for aging red wines. I appreciate the suggestion to refrigerate it for 30 minutes. I wonder if it needs to breathe that long, too. It is perfectly priced to experiment with. Online prices hover around $10. I saw one sale for $5.99. 

Distributor notes

Robert Mondavi Private Selection Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon Red Wine is a complex and decadent cabernet wine. This limited-release California red wine blends the craftsmanship of California winemaking with the Southern tradition of bourbon whiskey aging. Crafted using coastal fruit picked at the peak of ripeness from California's Monterey County, this Robert Mondavi red wine features decadent aromas of ripe blackberry. With select lots aged in a combination of new oak barrels as well as used bourbon barrels from a renowned Kentucky distillery, each bottle of wine reflects the expressive character of this original alternative to barrel aging. Deep flavors of black cherry and blackberry are accompanied by notes of vanilla, dried herbs, brown sugar, and toasty oak in this finely aged wine. Bold and flavorful, this cabernet wine tastes of ripe blackberry cobbler, blueberry pie, praline, and sweet vanilla custard with hints of brown sugar, caramel, mocha, coffee, and smoke. Serve this decadent California red wine at a wine and cheese party, or pair it with a charcuterie board and hearty pasta dishes. For optimal enjoyment of this red wine, refrigerate this 750 mL wine bottle for 30 minutes before serving. 

Wine history…

IMG_3187.jpeg.57669c40f526e62ff235efe84a5bdade.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 3

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1