The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 1st, 2024

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Good afternoon all , thank you to Rich @richwmn and all contributors to the Daily .

After junking my 12 year old iMac a week ago , which has served me well but was nearly failing me , " salingdutchy Tony "  is back lurking again whenever he has a chance to see what is going on in the HAL cruising world and with my cruise friends,

I don't know when I will be back posting and or posting my photos because I have got a lot of work to do transferring all my stuff to this brand new iMac which at first sight is very different from what I was use to .

Have a great day everybody 

Tony 😄🤨

Tony, good luck getting the new computer set up.

54 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

🐇 🐇 🐰 

What a day - haven't made it through today's full postings yet, but wanted to jump in while I have a break and before l head out ro PT, which I rescheduled from this AM.

Boss scheduled a 1:1 when he saw I had moved my PT appt from this morning to EOD. He scheduled it for 30 min, we were on about 15. Takeaways: keep a log of my daily doings to justify my FT status. Dr appts cannot be classified as lunch for timekeeping purposes, and sitting in front of the computer ready to take a call is not working.🤔

I am salary, workday is 7am-5pm (unless something comes up before or after, which it usually does since I work across 5 time zones) 5 days/wk = 50hr standard workweek. 

Being salary (as I have been for 15+ years w/this company) I don't watch a clock, don't record time, and don't ignore a call or email "after hours" because I'm "off the clock." I guess that changes today.🤷‍♀️

Heading to lunch/PT in 20 min then done for the day. Phew...is it the weekend yet?

Elizabeth, it seems like your boss is treating you like an hourly employee not salaried.

42 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Mostly good from eye doctor visit… stable is good. The pesky left eye pressure was not nearly as low as it has been at home, so that was disappointing but we’re moving ahead without meds!  Return in November and he’ll have some guidance from the Johns-Hopkins surgeon about next steps, maybe the needle option, which we really don’t want to think about yet (using a needle to scrape out some scar tissue from the surgical flap to make it more open). 

Thanks for the Arica pix. We stopped there on our round the horn repositioning. Ultra dry place!  

Hoping to see news of improvements soon!  Blessings to all! Especially thinking of Annie and Chuck, Terry and Tana, Bonnie, Vanessa, Ann and Pat, Sandi’s family, Roy. 
Maureen 

Maureen, thanks for the update.  I hope things have improved a lot by November.

7 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Rabbit, rabbit, grey rabbit.

Tipping: I shared an airport shuttle with six or seven other people yesterday, and only the two of us who were retired tipped the driver. We were all on the way to redeye flights; I was in San Diego until 10:30 p.m., Detroit at 5:45 a.m., Rochester at 9:00 a.m., home just before noon.

The conference was great, especially the food--all kosher and all prepared by the UCSD food service, not a kosher caterer. I was presenting one session, in the last slot of the entire conference, and to my great surprise, people attended it.

Paul, I'm glad the conference went well and you are home safely.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, I’m here with a special request of all my Daily friends.  I just received the following email from our dear @marshhawk:

“I'm at the hospital.  It looks like Chuck had a stroke.  We were on our way from the bank and something happened. He rolled his eyes up in his head and when we got to the restaurant, he couldn’t open the door.  Got him into the restaurant and he was sweating profusely.  The staff got some cool towels to put on him, but he wouldn’t answer any questions I asked him. He has been saying all morning that he didn’t want to go to the emergency, but he’s there now.”

Asking for your prayers for Chuck @catmando, his medical team, and especially for Annie @marshhawk as she walks the tightrope of Chuck’s health. 

Thank you, 

Gerry

BTW, I asked Annie if she wanted me to pass this along to all of you, her friends, and she said yes, please. 

Oh Lord, please watch over Chuck and help Annie through another trial. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, I’m here with a special request of all my Daily friends.  I just received the following email from our dear @marshhawk:

“I'm at the hospital.  It looks like Chuck had a stroke.  We were on our way from the bank and something happened. He rolled his eyes up in his head and when we got to the restaurant, he couldn’t open the door.  Got him into the restaurant and he was sweating profusely.  The staff got some cool towels to put on him, but he wouldn’t answer any questions I asked him. He has been saying all morning that he didn’t want to go to the emergency, but he’s there now.”

Asking for your prayers for Chuck @catmando, his medical team, and especially for Annie @marshhawk as she walks the tightrope of Chuck’s health. 

Thank you, 

Gerry

BTW, I asked Annie if she wanted me to pass this along to all of you, her friends, and she said yes, please. 

Thank you Gerry for the information from Annie @marshhawk regarding her husband Chuck.

Sending healing prayers 🙏 for the both of them and our best wishes.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Thank you, 

Gerry

Oh my. Prayers for Chuck for his diagnosis, medical team and hopefully a treatment for this latest turn of events. Prayers for Annie as she is at Chuck's side through this new ordeal.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

@marshhawk @catmando  My prayers are with you both & the medical team at the hospital...hoping they can figure out what's going on & provide the best care & treatment for Chuck!..Annie -- please take care of yourself as you worry about Chuck!  (((HUGS)))

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Thank you, 

Gerry

Prayers on the way.

Susan

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

<rant> I have been trying to make my final payment with AARP gift cards on the HAL site for the last couple of days and it just doesn't work.  In anticipating this, I had made an appt with my PCC for today to get it done.  It just irritates me that this option is available on the website but it doesn't work!  Why do I have to take up my PCC's valuable time for something I could do myself!  🤬 <rant over>

I have always had to call in to use AARP gift cards and mumbled bad words under my breath each time.

This weekend, I paid for a couple excursions and spa treatment in a single transaction using 3 gift cards. I was shocked when it worked.

The screen showed the remaining balance of each card as I entered them and the receipt listed the last 4 digits of each card.

It was great!

🤞this is a permanent enhancement. I don't even know why I attempted it since it's never worked, but I did and it did.

• Like 10

@marshhawk Annie, we are all praying and holding you and Chuck close to our hearts.   Hugs to you and Chuck.  

@ger_77 Gerry, thanks for letting us know what was happening with Chuck and Annie.  

Well, we did some rearranging of our cruises.  We dropped South America/Antarctica and booked Hawaii in place of it.  The Hawaii cruise is half the cost of the SA one.  We will book the VoV while onboard the Zuiderdam in three weeks.  

We really enjoyed the Hawaii cruise last year and said then that it might become a staple. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Thank you, 

Gerry

Gerry, thank you. 

Adding my prayers for Chuck, Annie and their medical support crew. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all your prayers today.  When we first got to the hospital Chuck did not even know who I was.When I went back this evening he did. I had to come home and let his brother know what was going on, I dont have his number in my cell phone  (this is not Scott, this is Clay).

The docs did a bunch of blood tests, and a CT to see if there was blood in the brain, there was not.  Next up are two MRI's , the same that he had last week, (it was 10 pm when I left, he still hadnt had the MRIs, they will do an eeg, to see what the brain waves are doing.  So, either it was a stroke, the cancer has reached the brain, or DH had been abusing his meds.  He told the 3rd doc, that he took the meds 4 times a day, two pills at a time, and yes that means he was untruthing me for the last 6 months taking twice the dosage he should have, and the doc told me when he comes home, I have to keep control of the meds..  Now I know why i saved that safe my dad gave me.  But then again, he has not been able to do math for the last 3 months, so maybe it's dementia.  They are calling what is going on with him, an episode.

Unfortunately he was going a bit haywire by 10, trying to roll up all the cords attached to him, and he said he wanted to stick them in a bag.  What bag,?  He said he had a bag.  Nope.  And of course when he was pulling on all the cords, it was making the monitors all scream.  The nurse came in, and untangled what she could and moved the bed as far from the wall that he could, but still allowing him to watch the tv.  I had put it on the olympics, but he really was more interested in  rolling up cords, and slapped the nurse when she was trying to unravel him.  At this rate he'll be in a straight jacket by the time I get there in the morning.  She turned off the light in the room, and decided that since he was so agitated, it was time for me to go.

And she just called me to ask me questions regarding a thousand things before they did the MRI.  She gave me his room number where he will be tomorrow.  Rm 2615, a step down room, what is a step down room, she said a step down from emergency.  I think he will be there for a couple of days.  His blood showed a very high potassium level, I asked if that was caused by his ice cream addiction, that was a no.  The edema has spread to a lung.  This is because he does not move!  Any way, he is in good hands, I have to cancel my dr's appointment tomorrow, and his, I l already cancelled my work for tomorrow, might have to do Saturday too, but we will see.

I have to take the trash out, and give the outdoor cats water, and go to bed.I'm tired, and I know you dont sleep well in a hospital.  So I am pretty sure that if he can get comfortable, he will sleep late, he's had no food today, so he might actually be hungry by tomorrow, but they had an IV drip in him for at least 5 hours today.

You all know I have a weird sense of humor, so I am going to post something-it showed up on my computer as an ad. I had to laugh.

vintage aluminum metal sign 12 x8 funny retro quote wall decor for garage club home bar cafe man cave multipurpose wall hanging sign with english language   example 0

• Like 6
  • Thanks 18