The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 13th, 2024

richwmn

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

@Cruising-along  Hi -- born, raised & lived in Seattle until 1968 --- lived on North Capitol Hill, went to Seward, Hamilton, Lincoln & Seattle U.  Tell me about you, please.

Pat

I was born and raised in Bellingham, the family moved to CA when I was 14 (1965).  Married a military guy and moved all over, including Silverdale at the Trident Naval Base for 2 years, Seattle (West Seattle) for just a few months, up and down the West Coast etc. Last tour of duty for DH was in Oak Harbor.  After he retired we moved here to Lake Stevens and have been here ever since. NO plans to leave LOL.

Elizabeth @Haljo1935 You were very lucky to have beautiful weather here in April!

Brenda @bennybear My Mom (a rightie) tried to teach me (a leftie) how to knit.  It did not go well!

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Haljo1935 

what Island are you on?  I want to be there!

It is MSC private island in the Bahamas - Ocean Cay 🌴🏖️

It is lovely, isn't it?!

We overnight here, leaving at 6pm tomorrow evening. 😎

• Like 19

45 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I highly recommend the HAL transfer to the airport for late flights which includes a tour of sights around Seattle. It goes to Space Needle (includes your ticket too), around downtown with a long stop near Pike Place, and other area attractions. You eventually end up at the airport. Our guide was wonderful too. 

Thank you for the endorsement. We have been considering that, but the description was a bit ambiguous as it mentioned a tour of the Space Needle, but also stated attraction tickets were not included 🤷‍♀️

We will be using Port Valet (always & highly recommend) so no luggage other than carry-on; having a place to store the carry-on would be great.

• Like 18

39 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

...Elizabeth @Haljo1935 You were very lucky to have beautiful weather here in April!

We felt blessed to have such a beautiful day.

Maybe HAL has pull w/the weather gods - it was opening day of their AK cruise season and there was a big celebration at the port which included local TV station, mayor, CoC, Miss WA & Miss AK and more. So they put in a special request for a perfect day 🤔 🫣

Or maybe it was the Universe giving DH a nice birthday gift (the cruise was partly for his BD) ☺️

Or maybe it was US Gifting YOU, lol 🥴 if that's it, we should plan to come more frequently.

At any rate, we were thrilled, but in retrospect should have bought a lottery ticket 🎟 🙄

• Like 18

Posted (edited)

Back from urgent care with prescriptions for an antibiotic and, because the NP detected a wheeze that I hadn't noticed, an inhaler. I also have a painful rash on one ankle, likely a viral exanthem, which I've had before under similar circumstances. And I got tested for covid, influenza, and mono.

UPDATE: I apparently have to go in person to the pharmacy to give them insurance information even though it hasn't changed since 2019 and they have it. The pharmacy is across the street from the urgent-care clinic but I'm home now. Then back sometime later to pick up the prescriptions.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 12

Thank you all for your good wishes. Surgery was very successful. Although the drugs they gave me to chill out gave me psychedelic visions! Vision is blurry but should clear in a day or two. I appreciate all of you and thank you again.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

I have deep roots in Seattle.  My grandmother was born there in 1867 when it had about 300 inhabitants.  My father was born there in 1897 and I in 1939.  Here is a story my grandmother told me about life in early Seattle.  They lived in a log cabin on the Duwamish River and took a row boat to Seattle to get groceries.  Once her brothers were coming back and there was a group of Native Americans (are we allowed to call them Indians?) on the shore and they didn't appear to be friendly.  So her brother went under a blanket and threw a hand full of flour over his head and body and then jumped up from the blanket, waving his arms.  The natives ran like they had seen a ghost.

The city has grown a lot since I was a child.  At that time the largest building was the Smith Tower, the pointy building in the lower right in @marshhawks picture.  

My father was in the race horse business.  When the tracks shut down during WW2, he worked for Boeing.  After the war, we moved to a farm in Ellensburg, which is in the center of the State.

Ray

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

We went on one of the first cruises to Alaska after the shutdown in Aug/Sept 2021 on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Stayed in Seattle pre cruise and took a tour on disembarkation day before our late flight. 

Our first stop was to Pike Place. The Athenian is the restaurant from Sleepless in Seattle. We ate there once, in 2012 with DM. Great views if you get a window table. 
IMG_7028.thumb.jpeg.edc3cd3bdc2eda0165817a203a122853.jpeg

Our next stop was lunch at one of our favorites, The Pink Door. No signage, you just have to know and go through the pink door. Covid precautions were in effect and Craig didn’t have his vaccination card so he had to fast walk back to the hotel to get it. 

IMG_7029.thumb.jpeg.6635a70871e49eb28ddcd92041905f11.jpeg

This is the stage where different things happen in the evening, like acrobatics on ribbons or hoops. 

IMG_7035.thumb.jpeg.1ebd2e4e6868562ec151fa11838c5dbc.jpeg

A walk around our favorite places. 

IMG_7903.thumb.jpeg.fb3decf486db2c17f531edae9e0f1610.jpeg

I had the best crab quiche at this restaurant in 2019.  Unfortunately we couldn’t get a reservation. 

IMG_7060.thumb.jpeg.63a65fec857aea4f7a98a61cb151c403.jpeg

Embarkation day and the flowers Craig picked out for me from Pike Place. 

IMG_7911.thumb.jpeg.e813695a3e65aa48708d4fdbbc41ffb4.jpeg

Cruise is over. 😞 We took a tour on the way to the airport for our late flight. We went to the Space Neddle. Craig went up while I enjoyed the ground. 

IMG_8562.thumb.jpeg.2b9f0b4d1b78f8a72b6034d8d1c02010.jpeg

IMG_8585.thumb.jpeg.ba49ceae5c4d333e69f2f6e215e325ff.jpeg

IMG_8586.thumb.jpeg.f270e9f4b15d6fbd911fad2e0199fe0c.jpeg

IMG_8588.thumb.jpeg.184bd9f88eb5b9ea025c2f0bc177176d.jpeg

I highly recommend this tour if you have time to kill before your flight. One of the best post cruise tours I’ve been on. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Last year I took a 32 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver that included Seattle. May 2023 on the Volendam. We actually docked at Pier 66 which is unusual. It was really nice though to be so close to downtown. I took a HOHO tour and enjoyed the morning seeing some different places. 

Where we were docked. 

IMG_3417.thumb.png.5feb4ba709a28c7dd13cf44adf84df85.png

Near the end of the round trip HOHO I got off near Ivar’s to get clam chowder. Sorry but I prefer New England Clam Chowder from Boston. 

IMG_3407.thumb.jpeg.deff5ea105a50a47adac76618b446c6d.jpeg

Walking back to Pier 66. 

IMG_3416.thumb.jpeg.d0c806e326ce77fc1dc634f431228d57.jpeg

Views from the ship. 

IMG_3430.thumb.jpeg.5c4fec179c30ca3daf9597a2ac3fbb3f.jpeg

IMG_3434.thumb.jpeg.bd70164cf3357e9136b83f36876ecf06.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'm not left-handed, but I bat left-handed in baseball, and golf left-handed. I like filet mignon, and might even have some prosecco once in a while. Interesting quote. I'm not sure about the zucchini sauce, maybe for the drink and pass on the wine. I have been to Seattle on a land trip, attending a work conference. I'll salute the woman joining the Marines in 1918!

It's sunny and 79F now. Humidity is creeping up a little. This morning I did the one maneuver for vertigo, as I was still having symptoms. When I lay down to the left I was a bit dizzy, but then sitting back up I really had it. I'm to do 5 "sets" twice a day, for 2 weeks (but stop if no symptoms). Problem is that accompanying the dizziness, I was very nauseated. It's taken up until just a while ago to settle that. Since I don't have the spinning anymore, my PCP is looking for other things. I think cervical spine x-rays are next. I managed PT, even though not feeling great. I was going to stop at Aldi, but decided to just come home.

BFF wants to plan tours for our cruise, but I am concerned with my mobility. I don't want to be with a group and then not able to keep up. He's only seen me covering short distances, and doesn't realize what I can and can't do. And he's walking with a slight limp, so he may be limited too. Ah, the joys of aging.

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Dennis! Sorry I got the year wrong; I'll make note of it.

@Copper10-8 Happy Anniversary to you and Maria!

@summer slope Prayers for a successful and uneventful procedure.

@cunnorl I hope the tour was accessible so that DD could enjoy it.

@LambKnuckles Nice photos.

@smitty34877 Please try to get some rest when you can, to take care of you. I'm sure the weekends are much harder without having an aide there. I'm glad the teenager was happy about his football practice. Prayers for you all.

@kazu Oh no on the dizzy spells and fall!  I can relate. I hope the medication decrease does the trick. Take it easy if you can, but with the showings there's lots going on at the house. I hope someone falls in love with the house and it sells soon.  

@GTVCRUISER Thanks for the photos.

@marshhawk I hope they can figure out what's causing Chuck's arm edema. Thanks for the Seattle photos. Wow on that tree taking out Penny's fence and damaging the pool. 

@kochleffel Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and have a fever. I'm glad you got checked out. Sorry to hear of the rigamarole to get your prescriptions. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Yuck on that humidity. Great photos.

@Heartgrove Oh my, so sorry to hear about DSIL's fall and tri-malleolar fracture (same as my BFF had). 

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for Bonnie and her surgical team. So sad about the neighbor's cat.

@Cruising-along Excellent photos. I'm one of those who has only seen Mt. Rainier from a distance. It's gorgeous up close!

@Haljo1935 Nice scenery. I'm surprised you can't switch between devices. 

@Sharon in AZ Thanks for the great photos.

@bennybear Sorry to hear about the tooth! Great photos.

@USN59-79 That's a great story about going for groceries in a row boat and the encounter.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 11

Despite all my efforts and follow ups with the written assurance that the tour would be accessible. It was not. I was so upset. They acknowledged what they had told me and I have it all in writing.  So no go. 
DH and DD returned to the ship. DH was insistent that I go but I really did not want to. I have requested a refund for DD and DH. I stewed all day. 
   So back to private cars only. We did one in Cobh that was wonderful!! 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

They caution you to be aware of what device you're using when you activate your plan as that's the device that gets to use it. And state in several places there's no switching between devices. So at least I was aware; I was just careless. 

I'm going to the internet kiosk when they reopen to see if I can add a 2nd device for just 1 day. Their daily rate is $34.99 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

I hope I’m not starting something, but looks like I cracked a tooth that has already had a root canal, sigh! 

Oh no, Brenda 😳. I hope the dentist / periodontist can fix it without affecting the root canal.  I’d be scared to death.  I feel for you.

Your pics are wonderful as always!

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Thank you all for your good wishes. Surgery was very successful. Although the drugs they gave me to chill out gave me psychedelic visions! Vision is blurry but should clear in a day or two. I appreciate all of you and thank you again.

that is great news Dixie 🙂 

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

It's sunny and 79F now. Humidity is creeping up a little. This morning I did the one maneuver for vertigo, as I was still having symptoms. When I lay down to the left I was a bit dizzy, but then sitting back up I really had it. I'm to do 5 "sets" twice a day, for 2 weeks (but stop if no symptoms). Problem is that accompanying the dizziness, I was very nauseated. It's taken up until just a while ago to settle that. Since I don't have the spinning anymore, my PCP is looking for other things. I think cervical spine x-rays are next. I managed PT, even though not feeling great. I was going to stop at Aldi, but decided to just come home.

Yikes Vanessa.  So sorry you ar experiencing this.

II never knew that physio could help.  I will ready out to my physio next week if it persists when I see her about my legs.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

BFF wants to plan tours for our cruise, but I am concerned with my mobility. I don't want to be with a group and then not able to keep up. He's only seen me covering short distances, and doesn't realize what I can and can't do. And he's walking with a slight limp, so he may be limited too. Ah, the joys of aging.

So. I am about to stick my nose ine here and hope ou don’t mind.  I’ve been on lots of tours where some people had difficulty and they would stop and we would meet up with them.  I may well be in that position this year. I hope not but I organize a lot of tours and have no problem if someone can’t do the whole thing.  I have often reached out to guides to ask about strenuous walking on behalf of others and go back with a straightforward answer.  99 / 100 the guides are happy to make arrangements.  It’s not a big deal.

5 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

@kazuI hope the short-term annoyance of many showings with bring long-term success with an appropriate offer from people who will love and appreciate your home. 
❤️

Thanks so much.  People are coming up and asking questions (with their realtor right there - or the realtor does).  Ivan and I are on the back deck out of the way but they have to come out sometime.  LOL.

A few have been quite enchanted with the gardens and eco and    the house.  Hopefully the offers are forthcoming and good.  today is just the beginning of showings.   I’ll find out next Monday.  🤞 

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

The water softener is fixed. It was not reset properly and continued on the regenerate button. No charge, which is what it should have been.

Yay!!

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu Sell Baby Sell!!!

Doing my best to see that it happens.  time will tell.  Will I cry if it happens?  You’r dam right I will.  But, it has to be done.  Ivan and I have to move on.  He doesn’t know it yet but he will like it there (I hope).   There will be lots of cuddles awaiting him.  And we have lots of space for fetch.  And a patio to sit on. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yikes Vanessa.  So sorry you ar experiencing this.

II never knew that physio could help.  I will ready out to my physio next week if it persists when I see her about my legs.

So. I am about to stick my nose ine here and hope ou don’t mind.  I’ve been on lots of tours where some people had difficulty and they would stop and we would meet up with them.  I may well be in that position this year. I hope not but I organize a lot of tours and have no problem if someone can’t do the whole thing.  I have often reached out to guides to ask about strenuous walking on behalf of others and go back with a straightforward answer.  99 / 100 the guides are happy to make arrangements.  It’s not a big deal.

Thanks Jacqui. My plan was that if we were somewhere that I considered too much walking, I just wouldn't go that far from where we are to reassemble. Anything I see will be new to me, as I haven't been to any of the stops, except the embarkation city of Boston, where I went to college.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes for DH.  We've been busy all day getting house chores done (I like to leave things neat and clean), plus the packing and trying to figure out what size luggage to take.  Then I had to catch up on the Daily!  In the morning we're being picked up at 7 a.m. for a ride to the airport, so since my laptop will be packed I won't be providing the link for the port of the day.  If one of the early posters wants to look for it, the date was Sept. 14, 2023 and that is the only time we've had tomorrow's port.  9-14-2023 is on page 145 and hopefully that will make it easy to find.  I can check in on the Daily goings on when we are settled in at our gate.  We're getting there an hour earlier than originally planned because our driver has a doctor appointment and needs to be back in town for that.  I'm looking forward to seeing DS, DDIL and Ren but not to the high temps there in the Dallas area.  DS says their AC went out overnight and he's waiting for maintenance to show up to repair it.  It's a necessity with 100 degree days!!

So let me personally thank Terry @smitty34877, Denise @Denise T, Ann @cat shepard, Melanie @puppycanducruise, Debbie @dfish, Eva @superoma, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Annie @marshhawk, Joy @Seasick Sailor, @Mr. Boston, Gerry @ger_77, Elizabeth @Haljo1935, Jacqui @kazu, Carolyn @Cruising-along, Brenda @bennybear, and Vanessa @JazzyV for your well wishes for Dennis.  This is in addition to the early birds I thanked earlier today.  You are all fantastic!  Sorry @Mr. Boston I don't know your first name and couldn't add it to my thank you list!

Thanks to everyone who posted their wonderful Seattle photos today.  Also for the suggestion of the tour after disembarking and the transfer to the airport.  We may need that.  We also have the 28 day Alaska cruise booked for 2025 so will be joining Carolyn @Cruising-along, Edi @NextOne, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and possibly Karen @durangoscots if all goes as planned.

Jacqui, I'm very sorry to hear you've been dizzy for a while and had that fall.  Good luck with all the showings and I hope one results in the perfect offer!  7 showings in one day is great news.

Annie, wow on the tree limb in Penny's pool!  I hope it's not as bad as feared for them. The Good Ship Murder sounds really interesting!  That's too bad that Chuck couldn't get his immunotherapy due to swelling.  I hope he can get the PET scan on 9-4 and the immunotherapy finally done on 9-9.

Paul, I'm glad to hear you got to Urgent Care after waking up with a fever today.  But what in the world is with the pharmacy, making you come back to show identity, and then pick up later.  Very inconvenient for a sick person!  I hope you're feeling much better very soon though.

Jack, That's such a shame that your DSIL fell and broke her ankle.  I hope she is able to have surgery soon and recovers quickly.

Joy, It's very sad about your neighbor's poor cat being run over.  I'm sure they are devastated about it.  Great to hear the water softener is repaired now, free of charge of course.

Elizabeth, The MSC private island looks very nice.  Docking is so much more convenient too.  Disney has a dock at Castaway Cay which is great for families with small children.  Tendering would be a nightmare for some people.  My goodness, that's a big price to pay for one day of internet for a second device, but business is business!

Sharon, you're welcome for the link.  Glad it helps people out.  The photos were great!

Dixie, very good news your surgery is done and a success!

Jack, what an interesting story about living in Seattle in the early days.  Aren't you glad you heard these stories from your grandmother?  Such a treasure!

Vanessa, sorry to hear the vertigo is still such a problem. Good luck getting an answer on what the cause is.  I hope you and BFF can enjoy some touring on your cruise.  Which day in September does it start?

Charlene, that's ridiculous they told you the tour was accessible and then failed to come through with one.  I'm glad at least one of you got to go but I sure understand you stewing about it all day.  They definitely owe you refunds, and if they were good business owners would refund your tour too. 

Time to relax for a bit.  Happy hour, a light dinner, hand wash the dishes and some TV or reading.  Talk to you tomorrow! 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Back from urgent care with prescriptions for an antibiotic and, because the NP detected a wheeze that I hadn't noticed, an inhaler. I also have a painful rash on one ankle, likely a viral exanthem, which I've had before under similar circumstances. And I got tested for covid, influenza, and mono.

UPDATE: I apparently have to go in person to the pharmacy to give them insurance information even though it hasn't changed since 2019 and they have it. The pharmacy is across the street from the urgent-care clinic but I'm home now. Then back sometime later to pick up the prescriptions.

Paul, I'm glad you went to Urgent Care and now have prescriptions, but not good about having to go twice to the pharmacy.  I hope you feel better soon.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

I'm not left-handed, but I bat left-handed in baseball, and golf left-handed. I like filet mignon, and might even have some prosecco once in a while. Interesting quote. I'm not sure about the zucchini sauce, maybe for the drink and pass on the wine. I have been to Seattle on a land trip, attending a work conference. I'll salute the woman joining the Marines in 1918!

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to Dennis! Sorry I got the year wrong; I'll make note of it.

@Copper10-8 Happy Anniversary to you and Maria!

@summer slope Prayers for a successful and uneventful procedure.

@cunnorl I hope the tour was accessible so that DD could enjoy it.

@LambKnuckles Nice photos.

@smitty34877 Please try to get some rest when you can, to take care of you. I'm sure the weekends are much harder without having an aide there. I'm glad the teenager was happy about his football practice. Prayers for you all.

@kazu Oh no on the dizzy spells and fall!  I can relate. I hope the medication decrease does the trick. Take it easy if you can, but with the showings there's lots going on at the house. I hope someone falls in love with the house and it sells soon.  

@GTVCRUISER Thanks for the photos.

@marshhawk I hope they can figure out what's causing Chuck's arm edema. Thanks for the Seattle photos. Wow on that tree taking out Penny's fence and damaging the pool. 

@kochleffel Sorry to hear you're not feeling well and have a fever. I'm glad you got checked out. Sorry to hear of the rigamarole to get your prescriptions. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Yuck on that humidity. Great photos.

@Heartgrove Oh my, so sorry to hear about DSIL's fall and tri-malleolar fracture (same as my BFF had). 

@Seasick Sailor Prayers for Bonnie and her surgical team. So sad about the neighbor's cat.

@Cruising-along Excellent photos. I'm one of those who has only seen Mt. Rainier from a distance. It's gorgeous up close!

@Sharon in AZ Thanks for the great photos.

@bennybear Sorry to hear about the tooth! Great photos.

@USN59-79 That's a great story about going for groceries in a row boat and the encounter.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you are still having so many problems with the dizziness and nausea.  I hope they can find the problem -- SOON.

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Despite all my efforts and follow ups with the written assurance that the tour would be accessible. It was not. I was so upset. They acknowledged what they had told me and I have it all in writing.  So no go. 
DH and DD returned to the ship. DH was insistent that I go but I really did not want to. I have requested a refund for DD and DH. I stewed all day. 
   So back to private cars only. We did one in Cobh that was wonderful!! 

Charlene, how disappointing for all of you.  I'm sorry it made the tour less than enjoyable for you and that your DH and DD could not go.

25 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

The water softener is fixed. It was not reset properly and continued on the regenerate button. No charge, which is what it should have been.

@kazu Sell Baby Sell!!!

Joy, I'm glad they did not charge for their error.

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks so much.  People are coming up and asking questions (with their realtor right there - or the realtor does).  Ivan and I are on the back deck out of the way but they have to come out sometime.  LOL.

A few have been quite enchanted with the gardens and eco and    the house.  Hopefully the offers are forthcoming and good.  today is just the beginning of showings.   I’ll find out next Monday.  🤞 

Doing my best to see that it happens.  time will tell.  Will I cry if it happens?  You’r dam right I will.  But, it has to be done.  Ivan and I have to move on.  He doesn’t know it yet but he will like it there (I hope).   There will be lots of cuddles awaiting him.  And we have lots of space for fetch.  And a patio to sit on. 

Jacqui, I hope next Monday, you have lots of offers to choose from.  Yes, leaving will be sad, but you and Ivan will have many new adventures.  Just be care as Ivan may become spoiled by all the attention.  He may also have a new gig as a therapy dog.

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Dixie, that is good news the surgery was very successful.

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes for DH.  We've been busy all day getting house chores done (I like to leave things neat and clean), plus the packing and trying to figure out what size luggage to take.  Then I had to catch up on the Daily!  In the morning we're being picked up at 7 a.m. for a ride to the airport, so since my laptop will be packed I won't be providing the link for the port of the day.  If one of the early posters wants to look for it, the date was Sept. 14, 2023 and that is the only time we've had tomorrow's port.  9-14-2023 is on page 145 and hopefully that will make it easy to find.  I can check in on the Daily goings on when we are settled in at our gate.  We're getting there an hour earlier than originally planned because our driver has a doctor appointment and needs to be back in town for that.  I'm looking forward to seeing DS, DDIL and Ren but not to the high temps there in the Dallas area.  DS says their AC went out overnight and he's waiting for maintenance to show up to repair it.  It's a necessity with 100 degree days!!

So let me personally thank Terry @smitty34877, Denise @Denise T, Ann @cat shepard, Melanie @puppycanducruise, Debbie @dfish, Eva @superoma, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Annie @marshhawk, Joy @Seasick Sailor, @Mr. Boston, Gerry @ger_77, Elizabeth @Haljo1935, Jacqui @kazu, Carolyn @Cruising-along, Brenda @bennybear, and Vanessa @JazzyV for your well wishes for Dennis.  This is in addition to the early birds I thanked earlier today.  You are all fantastic!  Sorry @Mr. Boston I don't know your first name and couldn't add it to my thank you list!

Thanks to everyone who posted their wonderful Seattle photos today.  Also for the suggestion of the tour after disembarking and the transfer to the airport.  We may need that.  We also have the 28 day Alaska cruise booked for 2025 so will be joining Carolyn @Cruising-along, Edi @NextOne, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and possibly Karen @durangoscots if all goes as planned.

Jacqui, I'm very sorry to hear you've been dizzy for a while and had that fall.  Good luck with all the showings and I hope one results in the perfect offer!  7 showings in one day is great news.

Annie, wow on the tree limb in Penny's pool!  I hope it's not as bad as feared for them. The Good Ship Murder sounds really interesting!  That's too bad that Chuck couldn't get his immunotherapy due to swelling.  I hope he can get the PET scan on 9-4 and the immunotherapy finally done on 9-9.

Paul, I'm glad to hear you got to Urgent Care after waking up with a fever today.  But what in the world is with the pharmacy, making you come back to show identity, and then pick up later.  Very inconvenient for a sick person!  I hope you're feeling much better very soon though.

Jack, That's such a shame that your DSIL fell and broke her ankle.  I hope she is able to have surgery soon and recovers quickly.

Joy, It's very sad about your neighbor's poor cat being run over.  I'm sure they are devastated about it.  Great to hear the water softener is repaired now, free of charge of course.

Elizabeth, The MSC private island looks very nice.  Docking is so much more convenient too.  Disney has a dock at Castaway Cay which is great for families with small children.  Tendering would be a nightmare for some people.  My goodness, that's a big price to pay for one day of internet for a second device, but business is business!

Sharon, you're welcome for the link.  Glad it helps people out.  The photos were great!

Dixie, very good news your surgery is done and a success!

Jack, what an interesting story about living in Seattle in the early days.  Aren't you glad you heard these stories from your grandmother?  Such a treasure!

Vanessa, sorry to hear the vertigo is still such a problem. Good luck getting an answer on what the cause is.  I hope you and BFF can enjoy some touring on your cruise.  Which day in September does it start?

Charlene, that's ridiculous they told you the tour was accessible and then failed to come through with one.  I'm glad at least one of you got to go but I sure understand you stewing about it all day.  They definitely owe you refunds, and if they were good business owners would refund your tour too. 

Time to relax for a bit.  Happy hour, a light dinner, hand wash the dishes and some TV or reading.  Talk to you tomorrow! 

Sandi, I'll be more than happy to post the links tomorrow, especially since I'll be getting up earlier to start the house cleaning.  With your hint about the date and page number, the link should be easy to find.  Sorry about getting Dennis' age wrong.  He can say he's celebrating the first anniversary of his 75th birthday.  There is no way to prepare for triple digit temperatures except staying inside.  A piece of advice is doing outside things early in the morning or just about sunset.  Have a safe flight.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

@Heartgrove I am glad you liked my picture of the helicopter.  My father had polio as a young adult, and did not fight during the war, he worked for Sikorsky designing and building helicopters. He was a metallurgist, and worked on alloy strength and weight to make them safer.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, I hope next Monday, you have lots of offers to choose from.  Yes, leaving will be sad, but you and Ivan will have many new adventures.  Just be care as Ivan may become spoiled by all the attention.  He may also have a new gig as a therapy dog.

Thanks Lenda.

LOL  Ivan is not trained to be a therapy dog but he did learn something new today.  I’ll share tomorrow (have to have something fun to talk about).  but he does love people.  He got lots of pats today.  the people who were serious who really looked (I think I can still tell the difference) were all dog lovers so he was able to get lots of cuddles.

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks Lenda.

LOL  Ivan is not trained to be a therapy dog but he did learn something new today.  I’ll share tomorrow (have to have something fun to talk about).  but he does love people.  He got lots of pats today.  the people who were serious who really looked (I think I can still tell the difference) were all dog lovers so he was able to get lots of cuddles.

Jacqui, even without training, by letting people love him, Ivan will be providing therapy.  Getting my dachshund fix by petting the neighborhood dachshunds helps my morale.

Lenda

• Like 18

@JazzyV I don't want to butt in but have you considered that one of your medications could be causing dizziness/vertigo. I was having awful muscle aches and went to so many doctors for it and then my DH said to stop my crestor to see if they went away - I had been on it for years with no issues.  I stopped and the muscle aches all disappeared. He then said to restart it after 2 weeks and see what happens - they came right back after a week - so it was not arthritis, not anything else - just the drug. So many drugs now cause side effects that now that is the first thing I consider when something 'new happens'.  BTW my DH. is a retired doctor.  

@StLouisCruisershave a safe trip and Happy Birthday to your DH.

@Kazu. I hope you feel better soon and good luck on your house sale and your move.  

Sorry to hear about more medical issues and hope they resolve w/o too many additional issues.  

Happy sailing to those on cruises.  

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

@JazzyV I don't want to butt in but have you considered that one of your medications could be causing dizziness/vertigo. I was having awful muscle aches and went to so many doctors for it and then my DH said to stop my crestor to see if they went away - I had been on it for years with no issues.  I stopped and the muscle aches all disappeared. He then said to restart it after 2 weeks and see what happens - they came right back after a week - so it was not arthritis, not anything else - just the drug. So many drugs now cause side effects that now that is the first thing I consider when something 'new happens'.  BTW my DH. is a retired doctor.  

@StLouisCruisershave a safe trip and Happy Birthday to your DH.

@Kazu. I hope you feel better soon and good luck on your house sale and your move.  

Sorry to hear about more medical issues and hope they resolve w/o too many additional issues.  

Happy sailing to those on cruises.  

Thank you Debbie.  I hope you and DH enjoyed your visit with family after the Zuiderdam cruise.  Hoping for good service from Delta tomorrow to make up for July 20!

• Like 11