The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 15th, 2024

richwmn

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

@HAL Sailer, I am thinking of you and holding you in my prayers as you walk this journey. 

Today will be sunny and about 86 today. Temperature creeping up slightly. Then goes back down in a few days. Lots of grading of assignments today so I will be focused there. Successful doctor's visit yesterday. No changes. 55 days until my cruise. I really hate this waiting. I am figuring out what camera equipment I will be taking as I plan on lots of pictures and videos. I have to be mindful that even though I have an aft balcony, it is still a smaller ship so storage may not be as plentiful. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

THURSDAY CAT - quickmeme

• Like 31

Good morning Dailyites 

Another day looking at 100 degrees. I should have taken a bar of soap to the pool last night, the water was so warm.

I'm just sad over hearing about Melissa. My sister is battling some same procedures coming before surgery. 

Prayers for all on our care list. Sandi, I hope your twin has a successful surgery tomorrow, and welcome to Texas.

Tana: EAT!  

It's still too dark to feed the birds, water and talk to my plants. Oliver was growling at something beyond our fence. I think it was our resident deer, Charlotte. 

Avocado tuna spinach: if the tuna is fresh and seared, I'd give it a go.

Girl's game night tonight. Ordering out.

Blessings to each of you. Prayers for our soldiers, hostages, people caught in these horrible wars.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is another nice day here going up to 84 or so later. 
My DD DH was a camp counselor near the Woodstock site and he managed to get there for two of the three days. He saved the ticket that was never used and had a shirt he wore saved as well. I was six years younger than he and had to hear all about it and not be there. Our children would groan when the annual August Anniversary came as he would relate the story over and over to us. Now I will make you all groan as I tell you ha ha.

@HAL Sailer, Melisa, I am so sorry to hear your news and hope the medical team can help. Sending prayers for both you and DH.

@JazzyV, I am so sorry that your vertigo persists. I hope you start to see a difference soon.

Thank you for adding me to the rotation but I am managing better these days. I suspect I have been in a bit of a depression for a while. We have family help arriving over the weekend and that cheers me up a great deal.

@seagarsmoker, I am so glad that you seem to really enjoy your work! I agree about the eighty degree days. 

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Good morning

Thank you Rich for the Fleet Report and Daily.  

Thank you also to Vaness for the Cares and Celebration List, and to Debbie, Ann and Dixie for the Food and Beverage options for today.

Thank you to Graham for educating us on Chauvin.

@HAL Sailer Melissa, I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis and hope that your medical team can find some solutions for you.  You will be in my daily prayers.

@StLouisCruisers prayers for your twin sister as she goes through her shoulder surgery.

@Seasick Sailor prayers for your sister.

@JazzyV sorry you are still having problems with vertigo.  Hope you get relief soon.

Cheers to all who have something to celebrate or who are cruising.

Well, i finally have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon regarding my surgeon.  I got tired of waiting for a phone call so I took matters in my own hands.  It seems somehow I fell between the cracks.  All of a sudden they wanted me at the Mayo Clinic asap.  I told them that since I waited that long, I did not want to make an extra trip and would appreciate an appointment on Aug. 27 when I have other appointments scheduled.  Well, that took another 3 days to coordinate, but they did it.  So I will finally get to see a surgeon for a consultation regarding my shoulder and biceps tear.  We will see where we go from there.

Other from that, not much is going on here.

Prayers for everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!

Not as chilly this morning as it has been lately.  We'll have a nice day until late afternoon when they have predicted rain.  I have yoga this morning and then the day is free.

@HAL Sailer Melisa, thank you for letting us know what is happening.  We will keep you close to our hearts as you navigate this journey.  When you need to, feel our arms about you because we are all wishing we were there hugging  you in person.  

@StLouisCruisers Hoping for the best of all outcomes for your twin with her surgery tomorrow.  

@smitty34877 I am glad to hear you have reinforcements coming in for the weekend.  Relax a bit.

@Seasick Sailor  Sending good vibes to Bonnie before her surgery.

@Vict0riann Don't skip the oncology appointment.  Prayers that all goes well for Pat.

Today's meal sounds like a refreshing summer salad.  If you aren't a fan of tuna, substitute chicken or tofu.  Avocado Tuna Spinach Salad

avocadotunaspinachsalad1.png.2ff8eea1f954c702b93566242e5f6016.png

This one is quite different from the first.  You make a tuna salad with the tuna and avocados and then put that concoction on the spinach.  Avocado Tuna Salad on Spinach

avocadotunaspinachsalad2.thumb.jpg.35aebe3ea9e2be0c745e3ea14d7bdeeb.jpg

I like this one with the black olives and feta cheese.  The dressing sounds good, too!  Avocado Tuna Spinach Salad

avocadotunaspinachsalad3.thumb.jpg.4d69687e65c2b0d7ba96c21beb9f3d13.jpg

Can't you just feel all those little seeds caught between your teeth?

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 18
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

Dearest Daily-ites,

A number of you have wondered about me and my doctors have, too. Since mid-May I have been doctoring to determine the cause of very unexpected gynecolical symptoms.

All the usual and even the gold-standard tests came back negative. So, my doctors continued the search with additional tests in the works. Then, two weeks ago, my routine annual mammogram wasn't as it found a reactive lymph node leading to more testing, biopsies, and a very unwelcome diagnosis two days ago.

I have cancer. Lymphoma. It is likely the cause -- albeit a rare cause -- of my gynecological issues and the reactive lymph node that led to my diagnosis is likely a metastasis. I have appointments next week for a full body PET scan to determine how far the cancer has spread and an immediate follow-up with a well-respected oncologist specializing in lymphoma.

So, I am now starting a new journey but, unfortunately, not on a blue hulled beauty. I don't know if I will ever be able to return to the sea, but I have years of cruising memories to visualize as this new, unwanted trip begins.

Thank you for wondering about me. Please understand if I don't respond to what I know will be your many good wishes. It's not that your care and prayer doesn't matter. I treasure it. But, I need to spend this time planning for my ever-declining DHs care amidst my cancer journey.

With a grateful heart,

-Melisa

In our thoughts and prayers.🙏

• Like 28

Today's sunrise is from my 2015 Blount Small Ship Adventures New England cruise. On August 15 the Grande Caribe was in Portland, Maine.

dawn0815.jpg

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

@HAL Sailer  Melisa, I was sorry to read your diagnosis.  FWIW, my DFIL lived with lymphoma for 25 years from the very early 1970s.  I say lived with because during the periods when his lymphoma was in remission he took cruises, with family rented sailboats in the Caribbean, took long motorhome trips, and had a good life.  I'm sure the treatments have improved in the intervening years.  Sending positive thoughts for a good treatment plan and a long remission. 

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Ok, I give up. What is it? A new and improved diet wafer? 😀

We have to pay for parking here now😡.

I had a white coffee and a sausage and egg mcmuffin meal.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

Dearest Daily-ites,

A number of you have wondered about me and my doctors have, too. Since mid-May I have been doctoring to determine the cause of very unexpected gynecolical symptoms.

All the usual and even the gold-standard tests came back negative. So, my doctors continued the search with additional tests in the works. Then, two weeks ago, my routine annual mammogram wasn't as it found a reactive lymph node leading to more testing, biopsies, and a very unwelcome diagnosis two days ago.

I have cancer. Lymphoma. It is likely the cause -- albeit a rare cause -- of my gynecological issues and the reactive lymph node that led to my diagnosis is likely a metastasis. I have appointments next week for a full body PET scan to determine how far the cancer has spread and an immediate follow-up with a well-respected oncologist specializing in lymphoma.

So, I am now starting a new journey but, unfortunately, not on a blue hulled beauty. I don't know if I will ever be able to return to the sea, but I have years of cruising memories to visualize as this new, unwanted trip begins.

Thank you for wondering about me. Please understand if I don't respond to what I know will be your many good wishes. It's not that your care and prayer doesn't matter. I treasure it. But, I need to spend this time planning for my ever-declining DHs care amidst my cancer journey.

With a grateful heart,

-Melisa

I'm so sorry to hear your devastating news Melisa.

Our prayers 🙏 go out to you for your own and your husband's care.

Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 24

Good morning. We have done our civic duty and voted. Apparently many folks are taking advantage of early voting as the polls were quite busy. Maybe after next Tuesday we can get a short reprieve from political ads.

Tonight is church group so need to do some preparation for that. Other then that we are pretty much caught up for the weeks task. 
When I read what some of you are going through I feel blessed. Our day is coming but so far life has been kind.

So thanks for the reports and post. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.83d46282818c3499afbc84bb71ac64ba.jpegimage.jpeg.41cabd21c2357222e9353bfe40d34c8a.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Haha 8

@Vict0riann., Ann, I hope you go to your appointment and that everything goes well for Pat. Too many things at once.

@ger_77, I forgot  to answer your question yesterday. Tana says the edibles help with the nausea a great deal. The coughing she is experiencing now is just awful and interferes with her eating a lot. I would say that overall she is able to tolerate small amounts  of food unless the coughing starts.

@Seasick Sailor, Joy, prayers for your sister and for both of you. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

Good morning from a sunny, breezy and already very warm day in central Texas.  It is 79F and feels like 86F with 7 mph wind.  Our humidity is 87% with a dew point of 75F, but it will drop as we heat up during the day.  Yesterday afternoon was hot, but not too bad since the humidity had dropped to pretty low.  I still wasn't out too long.  Our predicted high is 101F, and we're under a heat advisory.  As soon as I finish here, I'll run my errands, and then stay inside the cool house.

I'll pass on celebrating Chauvin Day, and if we had any pets, they would be chipped.  Green Data Day refers to using modern technology that is more energy efficient, and that's a good day to celebrate.

I like the Josh Billings' quote, and I realize I sometimes use too many words.

The salad looks good, but I was already thinking about substituting grilled chicken.  We'll definitely pass on the drink, and I'm not sure about a light red blend, but would try it if it was offered.

We have not been to today's port.

In 1969, we were living in Dover, NJ, where DH was at Picatinny Arsenal.  Most of the 75 enlisted GIs wanted to go to Woodstock, but the commanding general issued an order banning travel to Woodstock.  

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, welcome to hot Texas.  Sending positive thoughts to your twin for her surgery tomorrow.

@grapau27  Graham, thanks for the information about Chauvin Day.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm sorry the dinner did not live up to expectations.

@Heartgrove  Jack, I hope your DSIL can have her surgery soon.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you are feeling better.  I'm also glad you will have more help from the family this weekend.  I'm glad the edibles are helping Tana with the nausea, but I wish something could be done about the coughing so she can eat more.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, that's good news you have an appointment with the orthopedist scheduled.

454984060_10225339148290874_6569763181224492808_n.jpg.e79c4866053d2c59907d26b884fa7707.jpg

454784700_809350631368356_1180880960851140326_n.jpg.e0e46327b1c1b2714390bb99138d2d5e.jpg

454542903_122158452254093544_8593039025154785886_n.jpg.1c121a86eab3908a5cb41b857f30b827.jpg

455249502_410845045346287_53485698069808713_n.jpg.d6e974a9bc8cb2482b1a2a77e8ad65f2.jpg

455315681_122166686222056857_5048884979373550506_n.jpg.a77ce84a4de986f13bbffc297765f49b.jpg

455120542_8822227361126557_903161745632468383_n.jpg.f5128b923c1565c1a42f5b8c36c2df8a.jpg

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

7 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a sunny, breezy and already very warm day in central Texas.  It is 79F and feels like 86F with 7 mph wind.  Our humidity is 87% with a dew point of 75F, but it will drop as we heat up during the day.  Yesterday afternoon was hot, but not too bad since the humidity had dropped to pretty low.  I still wasn't out too long.  Our predicted high is 101F, and we're under a heat advisory.  As soon as I finish here, I'll run my errands, and then stay inside the cool house.

I'll pass on celebrating Chauvin Day, and if we had any pets, they would be chipped.  Green Data Day refers to using modern technology that is more energy efficient, and that's a good day to celebrate.

I like the Josh Billings' quote, and I realize I sometimes use too many words.

The salad looks good, but I was already thinking about substituting grilled chicken.  We'll definitely pass on the drink, and I'm not sure about a light red blend, but would try it if it was offered.

We have not been to today's port.

In 1969, we were living in Dover, NJ, where DH was at Picatinny Arsenal.  Most of the 75 enlisted GIs wanted to go to Woodstock, but the commanding general issued an order banning travel to Woodstock.  

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, welcome to hot Texas.  Sending positive thoughts to your twin for her surgery tomorrow.

@grapau27  Graham, thanks for the information about Chauvin Day.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm sorry the dinner did not live up to expectations.

@Heartgrove  Jack, I hope your DSIL can have her surgery soon.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you are feeling better.  I'm also glad you will have more help from the family this weekend.  I'm glad the edibles are helping Tana with the nausea, but I wish something could be done about the coughing so she can eat more.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, that's good news you have an appointment with the orthopedist scheduled.

454984060_10225339148290874_6569763181224492808_n.jpg.e79c4866053d2c59907d26b884fa7707.jpg

454784700_809350631368356_1180880960851140326_n.jpg.e0e46327b1c1b2714390bb99138d2d5e.jpg

454542903_122158452254093544_8593039025154785886_n.jpg.1c121a86eab3908a5cb41b857f30b827.jpg

455249502_410845045346287_53485698069808713_n.jpg.d6e974a9bc8cb2482b1a2a77e8ad65f2.jpg

455315681_122166686222056857_5048884979373550506_n.jpg.a77ce84a4de986f13bbffc297765f49b.jpg

455120542_8822227361126557_903161745632468383_n.jpg.f5128b923c1565c1a42f5b8c36c2df8a.jpg

Lenda

Ms Crystal,

Stay away from the gaseous elements on the chocolate periodic table! 😬

• Like 6
  • Haha 16

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'll pass on Chauvin Day, our dear Sochi is chipped, and not sure about green data, but if it helps the environment, why not?

A calm morning out there for us today, but there's a problem - the sky is a brownish colour from all the smoke from the northern forest fires.  As soon as I turned on my phone this morning there were notifications on all the weather apps telling us of an Air Quality Advisory for the day.  Thankfully neither of us has breathing issues, but for those who do, it would be a very good day to stay indoors with the a/c turned on.  When I went out to turn on the fountain, the smoke smelled like people were burning trash, rather than that of a campfire.   Weird.

@HAL Sailermy prayers and hugs coming your way as you navigate this health crisis; sending you strength to deal with your diagnosis and to assist your DH with his declining health as well.  Check in when you can; we care about you.

@Vict0riannsending good wishes for Pat's angiogram today and hoping you haven't cancelled your appointment!

@Seasick Sailoradding prayers for Bonnie's upcoming surgery.

@StLouisCruiserswill be thinking of your DS as she preps for surgery tomorrow.

@smitty34877while I'm sorry the edibles haven't helped with Tana's appetite, I'm glad they've lessened the nausea.  A number of years ago (before they were legal) a dear friend was suffering terribly from nausea due to chemo - a good friend brought her some "smoke-ables" which she said did wonders for the nausea. 

@kazuyour flowers are gorgeous; you and Ivan have a great place to stay while your house is showing.

A busy day for us today as we're getting ready to go to our friend's lake for the weekend.  We'll leave tomorrow - it's about a 3.5 hour drive from here, so we'd like to get a relatively early start on the highway before the regular weekenders head out to their vacation spots.  Today I'm making a pasta salad, will get our clothes packed and will tidy up the house as our friend Ollie is coming over to feed Sochi 2x a day while we're gone.  DH's job is to find our fishing gear as they always have an annual family fishing derby and the person catching the largest pickerel (walleye) gets their name on a large plaque.

I'm going to pass on the drink of the day, would like to try the wine but might die of thirst before I get the name out, and will pass on the menu suggestion.  Because we're leaving, we'll be clearing out the fridge so it'll be the luck of the draw of leftovers for us to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, and in the throes of wars, storms, and fires.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Dearest Daily-ites,

With a grateful heart,

-Melisa

You are in our prayers.

• Like 26

Good morning everyone.  It’s blustery here today, our boat ride across the lake will be interesting today.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.

I really like the quote, it’s both humorous and true.

Both the meal and drink sound tasty, certainly getting our veggies today.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Praying for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, it's raining here, and might be for most of the day.  The tomatoes and flowers will get a good soaking.  We went to our National Night Out event last night.  I bought a t-shirt to support our local Police K-9 unit.  We have 3 K-9 officers. The newest is a Golden Retriever who is working with our school resource officer.  He was recently certified as a drug detection dog.  Tito is his name!  Our grands have seen him in school..."he's so cute" is what we heard about him!  We did meet him last night, and he is a cutie! 

Many prayers for all who need them. 

@HAL Sailerso sorry to hear of your new diagnosis, prayers for you and your family as you negotiate this new journey.  

@JazzyVPrayers for your vertigo...

@smitty34877Prayers for Tana and your family...

Have a good day.  image.thumb.jpeg.de89d36965bf87bb1c283660e039b9d4.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good news from Delta today regarding our expenses being reimbursed from our July 20 cancellation.  We had no hotel to claim, but did ask for rental car reimbursement, gasoline, and 2 meager meals.  This morning we got an email telling us all our charges were being refunded and told us how they would do that.  Praise be!

Now we are wondering if we will ever hear from Flight Ease about reimbursing us.  Delta paid them back, and I guess they are sitting on that money.  In addition I'd like the upcharge that FE charges over the actual cost of the tickets they purchased for us.  In other words, the entire cost of our never used tickets, through no fault of our own of course.  Looks like we're going to have to start calling them.  Only problem is last time I called some young man on the other side of the earth answered and he had no clue what to tell me.  We will have to demand to speak to some higher ups in Seattle so we can get some answers. 

• Like 31

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

Dearest Daily-ites,

With a grateful heart,

-Melisa

Oh Melisa, I am so sorry to hear this 💔 You have a very hard journey ahead of you and I pray for strength for you to endure it and pray for a very successful outcome for you 🙏 

@Heartgrove good news on your DSIL’s spirits and the transition to rehab

@JazzyV Vanessa, so sorry you are still snuggling with the vertigo/dizziness.  Hopefully the doctors can help you overcome come it.

Ann  @Vict0riann best wishes for Pat’s angiogram today 🙏. I hope you kept your appointment 🤞 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2