The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 10th, 2024

18 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Prayers @StLouisCruisers you are on the mend quickly.

🫂 🤗 and 🙏 @marshhawk

Good to see @rafinmd posting and making progress; 🙏 for continued quick improvement.

Happy to hear from @kazu 🫂 🤗  Sounds like Ivan will be a big help w/the transition; he definitely has your back.

Leaving the eye dr - finally able to have the 2nd of the 4 procedures done. She turned up the intensity a couple points & good golly it hurt! Each session will be stronger, so note to self to bring blanket & pacifier for next time as I will need to curl up afterwards. 

Today recognizes an important cause to create awareness of, but it's really hard for me. I literally feel my chest tightening as I write this as I did reading the name of the day and the posts. Having lost a brother (father of 12 [5 biological, 7 bonus]), nephew (teenage) and cousin (father of 3) to suicide, it just never gets easier to see or hear that word. 💔

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all.

Sad to read you had 3 family members who felt suicide was the answer.

Prayers 🙏 for you all Elizabeth.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks to all for the news.  Jacqui. @kazu, I'm happy the move is over with, now you can settle down and get yourself better - and Ivan will help, I'm sure.  For you, and everyone else here suffering, I'll say lots of prayers for improvement.  

Pat got a call yesterday from the TAVI organizer, and she told him that his case would be discussed today or next Tuesday (at our hospital it's TAVI Tuesday, not taco Tuesday!), and sent him pages and pages of info to study.  So I guess it may be going to happen!  She said they were booking for November, but possibly  October.  I have a (phone) doctor's appointment today to organize my next Prolia shot - but I'm wondering if maybe I should wait until after I have radiation.  

I know we've been to Picton, as we took the ferry across.  It was very expensive to take a vehicle, so we had organized to drop off the rental in Picton and pick up another one on the other side.  I remember Wellington and all the wine country after the ferry ride, but not so much Picton!  

The ferry

IMGP1060.thumb.JPG.b1ed7627ea374e2222de8fd35406e848.JPG

Picton?

P1000451.thumb.JPG.7e20854a5d309682b08b9411a55ae3a8.JPG

On the North Island, there were beautiful wineries

IMGP1056.thumb.JPG.7b20f4e2e1dba27d30579cc0db66f08f.JPG

IMGP1059.thumb.JPG.f621cd0d12866bbb0edd3125cc0db1a5.JPG

P1000460.thumb.JPG.bd21f88107b126f41d80dce566e0e907.JPG

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Good morning all!

Another cloudy morning, and rain coming in later this afternoon.  I'm going to try to get the 2nd half of the deck floor stained this morning so it has time to dry before it rains, and before my appointment with the Nephrologist.  

Trading ideas is always good.  My nephew committed suicide at the age of 16.  It was devastating for the whole family.  My sister and BIL were never the same afterwards and I truly believe the stress contributed to my sister's cancer later.  My favorite TV dinner was the one with fried chicken, corn, and some kind of fruit cobbler type thing.  I remember my sisters and I would have that for dinner on the nights my parents went out.

Funny quote, I'll pass on the drink and wine but would like the meal.  We came close to Picton on the GANZ, and although we went nearly everywhere else, we did not go to Picton. 

Jacqui @kazu Thanks for checking in.  Hang in there and one day at a time.  Sending hugs!

Roy @rafinmd I hope everything gets worked out so your move to rehab will go smoothly.  Thanks for keeping us updated, we're all pulling for you!

Vanessa @JazzyV I hope the doctor tomorrow can help you get your leg pain resolved ASAP.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Prayers!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thanks all!  The drink sounds interesting, but ooh the amount of alcohol.  Love gazpacho and a good dry Lambrusco!  Not the same Lambrusco from years ago,  we stayed near Bologna and drank some exceptional ones.  So I buy the good ones and really enjoy them. 

@kazu glad you posted and have moved in!  What an accomplishment,  I can’t imagine how difficult this has been,  hope you are able to look forward as you take one day at a time.  Praying for a good plan at the surgeon.  

@StLouisCruisers hope you get the treatment needed to feel better soon! 

Helping DS plan his trip down under. He may try P and O so quite the adventure.  Looks like they have a former Princess ship.  DH has had his knee flare up badly so we’ve cancelled our Vancouver island trip for now.  The miniscus tear was healing well and we’re not sure what has happened.  Hopefully, he will listen to me and book his doctor. 

Suicide awareness is extremely important,  I too worked counselling teens and know many whose lives have been touched.   Hugs @Haljo1935

@XBGuy the camera quality alone would be enough,  and we upgraded from an 11 last year to a 14 pro. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Good morning Dailyites from the beautiful Westerdam on a cool, rainy day in Dutch Harbor. 

My sister's 2nd surgery was supposedly successful yesterday. She should get the pathology results in the next 5 days.

Prayers for you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for whatever health issues you are dealing with.

Prayers for our Roy @rafinmd and hoping you have a good outcome whether in home care or rehab.

Jacqui @kazu I feel for you sweet friend. I think Ivan was just happy knowing he was moving with you and not being left behind. My girlfriend just went through your exact position. Sold the house in Idaho and moved to Vancouver. She's adjusting. 

Prayers for all this morning. Blessings!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Seeking The Wisdom of the Crowd.

There have been some conversations in today’s Daily regarding the new iPhone.  I have an iPhone 8.  What am I missing?

Much better camera quality; many have given up carrying DSLR cameras, except where a very long zoom is needed. Improved screen display, with better colors. Face ID to open the phone and apps. Better battery life. Faster processor. Emergency sos via satellite (if you hike somewhere that there’s no cell service). 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Aloha. Son and wife have gone on a hike so our day will be joyful grand parenting. Miss Tilly is a heart tugger.❤️ It will definitely be a busy day. It was great seeing post from Roy and Jacqui. Prayers for both.

Due to clouds and rain West of us we thought sunset was going to be a wash. Not true as it cleared up and it was a beauty.

I need to cut this short as duty calls. Enjoy the rest of your day; ours is just beginning.

Mahalo for the reports and post. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.59cd1e4ec800c9a82145422ee4672ab4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.abc36d42185b7f0c4867909a2fd1c585.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.572b4904a485d3e5aaeaeb941df3e34f.jpegimage.jpeg.d180f63a056c077a579b9bb0f4ae0fd8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.49b49da4844fc1ba4100d6424e1e805f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.88fd9d049a37dfa9e3d14c4b374314ac.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

Good afternoon.  It's a quiet day here today.  Exercise class this morning, now working on a loaf of sourdough bread.  Suicide prevention is very important.  I'll take a tv dinner, haven't had one in years. Sis in law likes Stouffers mac and cheese and meatloaf.  A company delivers home made meals to her apartment, but she says they are a bit pricey.  I'm sure home made is better than Stouffers!  

No thanks on the drink and meal.  The port pictures look interesting!

@rafinmdgood to see you here, prayers that  all goes well with your rehab/discharge.

@StLouisCruisersPrayers your medical issues get sorted out and taken care of.

@kazugood to hear from you.  Praying you get everything sorted out soon.  So happy that Ivan is a great support for you.

@XBGuyI had and iphone 5 years ago. Then went to samsung because i didn't want to pay for an iphone.  Last year I got an Iphone 13.  The camera quality is so much of an improvement.  My family was all getting better pics from their phones compared to my camera.  I'm glad I got the Iphone, even though it is an older model! 

Have a good day, and be safe.  I'm headed to my sewing room, making baby bibs and burp towels!  K

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

Seeking The Wisdom of the Crowd.

There have been some conversations in today’s Daily regarding the new iPhone.  I have an iPhone 8.  What am I missing?

It really depends on why you carry a phone. My husband is using an iPhone 6. He only carries it on his bike rides in case of emergency. He can call, text, access the internet and take pictures if needed. Even the 6 is better than any camera we have had. I had an iPhone 12 gifted to me and appreciate the better picture quality. I wear an Apple Watch so have the emergency function on that. If your 8 is not giving you problems, don’t change until you have to- when there are no more updates. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from a sunny central Texas where it is about 86F.  Even with three stops, my outing to Fort Worth didn't take more than four hours.  I did not need to spend too much time at each stop, just picked up a few things that I couldn't find close by.  Besides, getting DH;s watch, the most important things was getting more cardbordeaux at Costco.  It helped that traffic wasn't heavy and most of the traffic lights were cooperating and staying green when I approached.  The only hitch was one of the exits I needed from the toll road was blocked by a work crew.  At least, the next exit about 2 miles away was open and I could flip around.  Even that didn't add a lot of time to the trip.  Everything is unloaded and put away.

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It looks like another nice day here . Our family has had two suicides and the effects are long reaching. Prevention and awareness are very important. 
I have not  been to the port and would love gazpacho if someone else made it. Swapping ideas is an excellent topic . I always wanted to try a TV dinner but never did. The quote is an accurate one, at least for me.

Both DB and I are dragging a bit this morning. Extra coffee will be needed. We decided to order in tonight as a way to recoup some energy. He kindly took the dogs for their long walk just now and I was happy to see the wagging tails go down the street.He waited until after the school bus runs as our Fred thinks all the kids on the street are “his” and wants to say hello to all of them. Tana’s pup is less excited to see the children.

@kazu, Jacqui, I was so glad to see that you had posted and hope you can slowly unpack. Ivan is such a good boy! I hope the doctor visit is helpful.

@StLouisCruisers., Sandi, I hope your medical issues can get resolved soon .

@ottahand7, Nancy, I feel  so badly for your DB . The pain has to be off the charts. Again, it is so hard to be far away when our loved ones are going through difficult times.

@marshhawk, Annie, Thinking of you and Chuck today and sending hugs,

Take care all

Terry, I'm sorry both you and your DB are dragging today.  I hope things go better tonight, and you both can get some rest this afternoon and tonight.

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I hate to admit it, but I miss Swanson Frozen Turkey Dinners.  It think I miss the stuffing.  And taters, and the peas, and that little blob of cranberry sauce (questionable food item)  I dont miss the turkey, just the stuff.

I will still pick up a Stouffers Salisbury Steak with mac n' cheese. Not a lot of times, but when I work until 11 pm. DH likes them, and sometimes he doesnt appreciate my creative cooking (clearing out the fridge).

The quiche is almost done, sausage onion an cheddar.  The meatloat has been created and formed, with a bit of a change.  I had switched from saltines two years ago, to panko crumbs, and found out while making the meatloaf, that we had no Panko crumbs, and I substituted Ritz crackers.  I'll let you know how that turns out.  And now we are out of Ritz....

Annie, the Ritz crackers should make an interesting addition to the meatloaf.  I've always stuck with saltines since that is what I grew up loving.

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Prayers @StLouisCruisers you are on the mend quickly.

🫂 🤗 and 🙏 @marshhawk

Good to see @rafinmd posting and making progress; 🙏 for continued quick improvement.

Happy to hear from @kazu 🫂 🤗  Sounds like Ivan will be a big help w/the transition; he definitely has your back.

Leaving the eye dr - finally able to have the 2nd of the 4 procedures done. She turned up the intensity a couple points & good golly it hurt! Each session will be stronger, so note to self to bring blanket & pacifier for next time as I will need to curl up afterwards. 

Today recognizes an important cause to create awareness of, but it's really hard for me. I literally feel my chest tightening as I write this as I did reading the name of the day and the posts. Having lost a brother (father of 12 [5 biological, 7 bonus]), nephew (teenage) and cousin (father of 3) to suicide, it just never gets easier to see or hear that word. 💔

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all.

Elizabeth, I'm glad you could get the second treatment, but sorry each one will be a bit more intense.  I'm also sorry today brought back such painful memories.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning, or what is left of it.

Thank you to Sandi, et al for the FR&D.  

Thank you also to Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie.

Not much to report today.  I have physical therapy and a few errands to run.

Sadly, it appears that a my PMR has again flared up and I have to consult the PCP to increase the Prednisone dosage.  I was really hoping I was on the road to throwing away that bottle of pills.  It appears not and I am very disappointed.  I have been waking up in the mornings almost unable to move.

So today I will bite the bullet and send him a message to see where we go from here.  I cannot live like this with everything else on my plate.

@kazu Happy to see your post and wish all the best for you in your move.

@rafinmd glad to see you were able to post.  Wishing a quick road to recovery for you.

@StLouisCruisers Hope you can take care of your medical issues quickly.

@smitty34877 i hope you are able to get a rest.

@marshhawk Prayers for you and Chuck

Not much else to report.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry you are having a PMR flare.  I hope you can get some relief soon.

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Aloha. Son and wife have gone on a hike so our day will be joyful grand parenting. Miss Tilly is a heart tugger.❤️ It will definitely be a busy day. It was great seeing post from Roy and Jacqui. Prayers for both.

Due to clouds and rain West of us we thought sunset was going to be a wash. Not true as it cleared up and it was a beauty.

I need to cut this short as duty calls. Enjoy the rest of your day; ours is just beginning.

Mahalo for the reports and post. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.59cd1e4ec800c9a82145422ee4672ab4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.abc36d42185b7f0c4867909a2fd1c585.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.572b4904a485d3e5aaeaeb941df3e34f.jpegimage.jpeg.d180f63a056c077a579b9bb0f4ae0fd8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.49b49da4844fc1ba4100d6424e1e805f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.88fd9d049a37dfa9e3d14c4b374314ac.jpeg

Bruce, enjoy your day with your DGD.  Thanks as usual for the beautiful sunset pictures.  While we get some amazing sunsets in Quartzsite, noting beats a sunset over the ocean.

56 minutes ago, summer slope said:

@kazu, jacqui just find the wine Corkscrew and the bottle and the dog food. Everything else can wait.  

Dixie, we all must have our priorities in order.  With the corkscrew, bottle and dog food, the world should look much bright for Jacqui and Ivan.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

It is a special day for our family today , it is DMIL  ,  I have always called her Mom since I came to Canada  ,  98th Birthday today and we are really blessed that we still have her , she is in a fantastic condition , living happily on her own in a large house .

We promised her that we take her out for lunch tomorrow so she can have her day at home where likely she will be getting a lot of calls from friends and family in Canada and from her native country overseas ! 

Here a couple of pictures from her 96th and 97th BD , we had to watch her that she did not start a fire with the strong blow …………

image.thumb.jpeg.2264fc0e9cabaf43e5a6cfa555699b62.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5d777aad53a0aed1dddfad9cc375677a.jpeg

Tony 😍😍
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

It is a special day for our family today , it is DMIL  ,  I have always called her Mom since I came to Canada  ,  98th Birthday today and we are really blessed that we still have her , she is in a fantastic condition , living happily on her own in a large house ...

Here a couple of pictures from her 96th and 97th BD , we had to watch her that she did not start a fire with the strong blow …………

Tony 😍😍

Very Happy Birthday 🎂🎁🎉 @sailingdutchy to your DMIL (Mom)!! What a blessing ❤️

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers I pray your medical issue isn't too serious and you can get treatment and relief quickly.  

@kazu Jacqui I am glad you and Ivan are in your new home.  I understand the loss that comes from leaving a beloved home for a new one.  I hope that many of your precious memories move into your new home with you.  I hope things go well at the vascular surgeon.  

@Haljo1935 Ouch on your eye appointment.  Sorry about the suicides in your family.  

@Cruzin Terri I am praying for relief from your PMR.  I am sad you have to up your Prednisone dosage when you were hoping to go lower.  

@rafinmd Healing prayers for you Roy.  Thanks for checking in.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

It is a special day for our family today , it is DMIL  ,  I have always called her Mom since I came to Canada  ,  98th Birthday today and we are really blessed that we still have her , she is in a fantastic condition , living happily on her own in a large house .

We promised her that we take her out for lunch tomorrow so she can have her day at home where likely she will be getting a lot of calls from friends and family in Canada and from her native country overseas ! 

Tony 😍😍

Happy 98th birthday to your DMIL.

98th-birthday-11.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. I managed almost a 90 minute nap earlier. But I can't figure out why my leg is so painful. I'll be glad to get seen tomorrow.

@Haljo1935 I'm glad you were able to get the 2nd procedure, but ouch on it hurting. Wasn't your eye anesthetized? I'm sorry today was a tough reminder of terrible times in your family.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry your PMR is flaring. Sadly, this is the way of autoimmune diseases, that often take a year or two on steroids before they settle down, with many ups and downs of doses. I don't know if there's any drug that helps in PMR to get off steroids. Even though I'm on immunosuppressants for my 2 autoimmune issues, I still take low dose prednisone.

@ger_77 I hope an answer is found for DH's neck issues. Have a nice afternoon with Ollie.

@Vict0riann I hope Pat gets on the schedule soon for the TAVI. 

@sailingdutchy Happy Birthday to DMIL! 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon,

Home from the Nephrologist appointment.  She's very happy with the latest labs.  Holding steady is what she wants to see.  I'm happy with that too, considering I went from a steady Stage 2 for years to a sudden drop to almost Stage 4 a couple years ago. 

Next up the Covid booster tomorrow and that will hopefully be all for awhile.

Tony @sailingdutchy A very happy 98th birthday to your DMIL!  It is a blessing to have our parents so long, I know. Great photos.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. I managed almost a 90 minute nap earlier. But I can't figure out why my leg is so painful. I'll be glad to get seen tomorrow.

@Haljo1935 I'm glad you were able to get the 2nd procedure, but ouch on it hurting. Wasn't your eye anesthetized? I'm sorry today was a tough reminder of terrible times in your family.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry your PMR is flaring. Sadly, this is the way of autoimmune diseases, that often take a year or two on steroids before they settle down, with many ups and downs of doses. I don't know if there's any drug that helps in PMR to get off steroids. Even though I'm on immunosuppressants for my 2 autoimmune issues, I still take low dose prednisone.

@ger_77 I hope an answer is found for DH's neck issues. Have a nice afternoon with Ollie.

@Vict0riann I hope Pat gets on the schedule soon for the TAVI. 

@sailingdutchy Happy Birthday to DMIL! 

Vanessa, good that you could get some sleep this afternoon.  I hope you get some answers about your leg tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks to all for the news.  Jacqui. @kazu, I'm happy the move is over with, now you can settle down and get yourself better - and Ivan will help, I'm sure.  For you, and everyone else here suffering, I'll say lots of prayers for improvement.  

Pat got a call yesterday from the TAVI organizer, and she told him that his case would be discussed today or next Tuesday (at our hospital it's TAVI Tuesday, not taco Tuesday!), and sent him pages and pages of info to study.  So I guess it may be going to happen!  She said they were booking for November, but possibly  October.  I have a (phone) doctor's appointment today to organize my next Prolia shot - but I'm wondering if maybe I should wait until after I have radiation.  

I know we've been to Picton, as we took the ferry across.  It was very expensive to take a vehicle, so we had organized to drop off the rental in Picton and pick up another one on the other side.  I remember Wellington and all the wine country after the ferry ride, but not so much Picton!  

The ferry

IMGP1060.thumb.JPG.b1ed7627ea374e2222de8fd35406e848.JPG

Picton?

P1000451.thumb.JPG.7e20854a5d309682b08b9411a55ae3a8.JPG

On the North Island, there were beautiful wineries

IMGP1056.thumb.JPG.7b20f4e2e1dba27d30579cc0db66f08f.JPG

IMGP1059.thumb.JPG.f621cd0d12866bbb0edd3125cc0db1a5.JPG

P1000460.thumb.JPG.bd21f88107b126f41d80dce566e0e907.JPG

Ann, I hope Pat's case was decided today, and that he can have the valve replacement soon.  Thanks for the pictures from Picton.

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites from the beautiful Westerdam on a cool, rainy day in Dutch Harbor. 

My sister's 2nd surgery was supposedly successful yesterday. She should get the pathology results in the next 5 days.

Prayers for you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for whatever health issues you are dealing with.

Prayers for our Roy @rafinmd and hoping you have a good outcome whether in home care or rehab.

Jacqui @kazu I feel for you sweet friend. I think Ivan was just happy knowing he was moving with you and not being left behind. My girlfriend just went through your exact position. Sold the house in Idaho and moved to Vancouver. She's adjusting. 

Prayers for all this morning. Blessings!

Joy, I'm glad your DS's surgery was successful yesterday.  I hope the pathology results come back saying there is no more cancer.

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We swap a lot of ideas around the Daily pages and for that I'm always grateful.  If only there was a way to prevent suicides, but more often than not there are no signals and it takes the survivors by surprise.  I remember having TV dinners as a treat as a child - my favourite was the fried chicken.  Yum!

It's cool this morning with only a temp of 10(50) and a high of 20(68) expected.  It does feel like an "f" morning, and so quickly after yesterday's lovely warmth.  A couple of years ago at this time the trees along the river had all started turning colour, but this year they're still green.  Not sure why!

@Vict0riannin response to your query yesterday, no, DH hasn't had to change his diet, although we often have salmon and chicken on our menu.

@kazumy heart goes out to you as you transition into your new home.  I'm so glad Ivan was such a good boy; you're lucky there.

A busy day today - DH is off for an ultrasound of his shoulders and upper back.  After seeing our FP yesterday, he thought it was best to get the stiffness checked out, so there were x-rays yesterday and today is an ultrasound.  The stiffness hasn't completely left DH's neck, so it's best to get it looked at.  This morning I'm heading over to pick up our friend Ollie as she wants to buy a coffee maker like ours . . . a keurig.  She says she loves our coffee and can't get the same taste from her multi cup pot, so wants a new one so she can enjoy "our" coffee at her house.  I'm happy to do it for her, as she's such a sweet person.  Then later in the afternoon she's coming over because she wants to watch a "political program" that will be televised this evening.  She doesn't want to watch it alone as she wants to bounce ideas off us and know what our reactions are.  Should be fun.  LOL

I'm writing down the ingredients for the drink of the day for research purposes, would try the wine, and will pass on the gazpacho because DH doesn't care for it.  I've had it a couple of times on cruises, but haven't ever made it at home.  I don't have to worry about dinner tonight because Ollie said she's order in Chinese food for us, so we'll gather around the television in the family room and enjoy whatever transpires there.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I hope the ultrasound gives the doctor and answer to your DH's neck pain and stiffness along with a fix.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Warm thoughts for all the people dealing with health issues (their own or loved one's) - it's sad when good people have to experience this, but unfortunately it's something we all face to one degree or another. Hopefully better times are ahead.  All the more reason to try to enjoy today, as tomorrow is uncertain.

Thanks for the daily and fleet report - and the updates. Love gazpacho but doubt I'd ever take the time to make it myself. The drink - I copied the recipe and we'll definitely try that! It's a good reason to open the blue Curacao I bought in Curacao on a recent cruise. TV dinners were part of my past, but not any longer. As a kid, my favorite part of the Swanson tv dinners was the chocolate brownie thing! 

Suicide is a terrible thing - so hard to understand, and so sad to think of anyone feeling so badly that that's their answer to their pain. Back in the 90's my best friend made that decision, leaving behind his wife and 2 young daughters - such a shame.

@Denise T I'm a latecomer so don't know - where are you cruising in 29 days? Hope the next 29 days passes quickly for you!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 16

3 hours ago, superoma said:

If your 8 is not giving you problems, don’t change until you have to- when there are no more updates. 

Thank you for the input.  That is exactly my plan.  Of the new features that have been described, the emergency SOS sounds the most useful.  OK, that may be a poor choice of words.  While it would be reassuring to have that capability, in all honesty, I would not ever want to have to use it.

Edited by XBGuy
  • Like 12