The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 15th, 2024

Thank you Sandi for your dedication especially while traveling. Sounds like the wedding was lovely! Beautiful. 
And thanks to those who pull F&B together info for us. And to all for being here. I know nothing if the port. 

Overcast today in north NJ and I’m fine with that, it’s like a comfy blanket. We got the big living room window shade mounted, not sure it’ll block as much sun and glare as we need but it’s up. I guess if we need more we can add a drape on a traverse rod. Today we’ll join a Baby Boomers group for pizza and trivia, first time for us with this group. I fit the age bracket, DH doesn’t but SOs are welcome. I’ve been really needing to meet some younger people here so Im glad to give this a try.  With all the focus and energy needed since we moved in 10 months ago to deal with DH’s eye issues, I put off getting involved. Thankfully the eye issues have slowed down so maybe it’s time. 

Sending out blessings to all in need! Glad you added yourself to the Cares list Vanessa!  And Carol and Sam too.  Holding each of you in my heart! 

Annie, I love hearing about your music outings! 
Roy, I’m glad they are using the whole spectrum of stroke rehab modalities even if they’re not sure you had one. Sounds like you’re in a good place, improving, and hopefully home soon.  
Terry, I hope you can get some refueling for yourself while DB is with you. And Tana has some calmer nights! 
Carol, you’ve had a difficult shift but we’re all hoping the new path will support you both. 
Denise, sounds like you made it through a tough anniversary with meaningful reflections. Glad your mom is so resilient!  
Jacqui, one day at a time!  
Elizabeth, I hope something proactive can be done to reduce the formation of the stones. 
Pennie, hoping you are ok. 

Smooth travels to all away!  
Bruce, those sunset and sunrise pix are stunning! Thanks for sharing!

Sandi, I hope you get to visit with family a bit before you have to head home. 
Nancy and John, safe travels back, for you and all the plants! 
Denise T, Terri, I love hearing your excitement in your countdowns!  
Denise T, I adore the cat on the train!  

Hugs to all of you. Cheers for all the celebrations of Living Life!  

(I disagree with the quote… when I get off a ship, the land rocks for days… and I kinda like it, it’s an afterglow!)

Maureen

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Happy Sunday morning - like the days but not the meal, cocktail or wine. I've never been to Turkey, so looking forward to any port photos. The quote is odd to me - but thankfully I can't imagine feeling seasick. 

Yesterday DH went to the Florida football game with a friend of ours and as usual it was brutally hot/humid. Why they schedule games in the afternoon when it's like this is beyond me. Anyway, by the end of the 1st quarter he was not feeling well, despite gatorade, dumping cold water on himself, using ice cubes on his wrist, etc (the usual stuff there it seems) our friend called for a medic. Some tests (checking heart - he has no heart issues though) and a bag of IV fluids later he was fine. They left at that point - the game was in a lightning delay and evidently had been playing poorly. When the IV came out blood spurted quite a bit, leaving DH with a big round blood spot on his shirt, and smaller spots scattered.  He said "you should have seen the looks we got as we were leaving" - no doubt (these days) he looked like perhaps he'd been shot. He's fine today - next time he goes to a game it will be a night game!

@StLouisCruisers beautiful bride & handsome groom - thanks for sharing

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Good morning from a sunny central Texas where it is 75F.  We have a light breeze, 3mph from the east, 88% humidity with a dew point of 71F.  Today is supposed to remain sunny with a high of 94F.  Last night when I took my golf cart ride during halftime, I could see the moon through a thin layer of clouds.  It was a bit eerie but pretty.  There is not much planned for today. 

The Texas game last night started off to be an interesting game, but soon turned very lopsided.  I hope QB Quinn Ewers injury is not too serious and will be healed quickly.  Arch Manning stepped in as QB, and proved he is also a great QB, but he comes from a great football family.

Where would be be without Google?  Greenpeace deserves our support.  I wish more countries could be democracies.

While the quote is true, I can't help thinking for many of us, our seasickness is a lack of sea, and the cure is a BHB.

Grilled shrimp is always a good main course, but I'm not sure about the cilantro salsa verde.  I'll pass on a cognac margarita, but would try the wine if offered.

We have not been to Antalya, Turkey, either.

I'm sure the Central America countries are celebrating their Declaration of Independence on this day in 1821.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, thank you for the lovely pictures of Ashley and Christopher.  It sounds like everyone had a good time at the wedding.  Enjoy today's brunch with the newlyweds and your family.  Safe travels home tomorrow.

@1ANGELCAT  Your church service and catered lunch on the church lawn is a nice way to celebrate the 275th anniversary.  Good that the weather is cooperating.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope everyone had a good night and are more rested today.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I hope your leg is improved today, and I'm glad the dizziness is fading to almost nothing.  I hope both conditions will be history soon.

@wdw1972  Sue, I'm sorry the heat affected your DH so much.  I'm glad the medics could help him.  UT used to have night games in September because of the heat, but not so much in recent years.  My guess it is because of tv schedules in many cases.

459098630_122176076462206138_5357554315480917894_n.jpg.37f59f6ff26c00995239bf6ce8bf906c.jpg

459134474_122215917086020743_7507249305029637448_n.jpg.3c43ec95391dfa6e11b8deccda943eae.jpg

459145698_122173071356159528_5832748918724849807_n.jpg.9b8b9217f429e237372b00097d5aac9d.jpg

459201422_122154815258048713_9086121706755417190_n.jpg.b88f720f509a535cfb4febc541aade59.jpg

459246898_122162744936247919_4889466553267050939_n.jpg.7b828fea7b613a2db6bff555f823c3cb.jpg

459559427_380729228413741_4999541620611223308_n.jpg.71601797fe5498be9c90a023d81ae02d.jpg

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm grateful for google and use it daily, my hat's off to Greenpeace and all they do, and democracy is so important to our freedoms.  The quote is funny, but you can't see the world by sitting under a tree, so I take my meclizine and board the BHB's.

Another bright, sunny day out there for us with a starting temp of 9(48), which is about normal for this time of year.  I've noticed the sun is getting lazier, coming up later and going down sooner.  Last evening we had tons of geese going over the house on their way to the river (about 2 blocks away), and with the windows open we could still hear them down there.  Between the geese and the gulls, it was quite a cacophony of sound - I can't imagine living beside the river, the noise must be unreal!

DH finished the bird house and we hung it temporarily on a spruce tree in our back yard so I could take photos of it.   My contribution was that I "made" the curtains, while DH did the rest of it.  The details put into the construction really speaks to the kind of mind he has - right down to the miniature bird house on the bird house!  See if you can find it.

House1.JPG.22d9057ebd7f9133cf6fb16ba89e8569.JPG

House2.JPG.874874a3df74c87aa83977b2c505f836.JPG

House3.JPG.1fe716e6f6efed900a12e8d7db953cc6.JPG

Not a lot on our agenda today, will likely go out and get some groceries and trim back a few of the day lilies in the back yard that are looking pretty scraggly.  Late yesterday afternoon we took the roofless car and went out to Tim Horton's for coffee - it was the perfect weather for it, not too hot, not too cool.  It will most likely be the last time we take it out for the season, as soon it'll be getting too cold to drive it around.

@StLouisCruiserswhat a beautiful bride and a handsome couple they are!

I'm going to pass on the drink, although DH would like it as he enjoys cognac, would like the wine, but it's out of my budget, and like the menu suggestion.  I don't have to make dinner tonight because our friend Ollie called last night to say she was going to make a casserole today to bring over for us to try, so we'll enjoy that along with her company on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

I use Startpage, which draws its results from Google but doesn't share the user's identity.

No on the shrimp and no on the cilantro. I understood the words cognac and margarita but together they failed to make sense. On reading how the drink is made, I think I might like it. For the wine, I might looker for Bloomer Creek White Horse Red, typically 75% Cabernet Franc and 25% Merlot, and a comparative bargain at $21.99 (some Total Wine locations). "Finger Lakes, New York- Cassis, black cherry and raspberry notes meander throughout this blend of Cabernet Franc and Merlot. Puckering with cranberry acidity, yet velvety and rich in texture, it's a kaleidoscope of fruit, earth and savory herb complexities that linger on the finish."

NCL opened upgrade bidding for the Panama cruise and I put in a bid on a balcony cabin, but only slightly more than the minimum.

wolfaccordio.jpg.ef45302e5b0d2b836c9d455bcfb311d7.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 8

You can find anything on Google, love it, especially for free medical advice, lol. The recipes look great, I keep buying bags of frozen shrimp on sale and now I need to make an effort to use them up, so one of these will end up on the menu soon. Haven’t been to todays port and probably will never get there, hoping to see pics.

@StLouisCruisers beautiful bride and photos

The weather was supposed to cool today so when it’s going to be 83, how about a chuck roast? I browned it yesterday and poured cream of mushroom and dry onion soup mix on it and Fred will put it in the oven while I am out clothes shopping. Then I’ll just peel potatoes (may get them ready now) for mashed and maybe peas or carrots as another side dish. I just know when I walk in the house will smell great!

This week we’re going to Monterey Bay for five nights, we’ve rented various condos at a particular waterfront complex for 40 years. We have a wedding to attend on Friday, which is closer to there than here so we got a two bedroom (which is fabulously remodeled) and “the kids” will come for a night or two. The unit is well equipped but it’s still a lot of work staging all the stuff we need to bring. We will be celebrating our SIL’s  birthday too, we’ll be having steak and lobster but other meals will be much simpler.

Prayers to those of you experiencing health and life's obstacles 💕

Have a great day!

@ger_77 OMG, the birdhouse is adorable!

Edited by ellbelle
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

@ger_77, you and Maurice are such a talented couple!  My DH enjoyed the pictures of the birdhouse, and wistfully commented that he bet it was fun to make.  
Sandi, @StLouisCruisers safe travels tomorrow, and I’m holding positive thoughts for good news on your medical concerns. 
  @rafinmd wishing you strength and stubbornness in your recovery!
 @kazu looking forward to hearing that you and Ivan are settling in. 
Best wishes to all who are celebrating, peace and hugs for those facing difficulties. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Fleet Report and all the Daily News !

We were up at 5:45 am this morning to watch a very good and exciting race , so I feel I am still early reporting today .

Have a wonderful Sunday everybody !

Tony 😍

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

We visited Antalya, our port of the day, ten years ago while aboard the Ryndam. We chose a ship’s excursion that took us to some remains from the Roman times and then a stop at the Antalya Archeological Museum.  We thoroughly enjoyed both stops, particularly the museum.

IMG_6472.thumb.jpeg.d6cfa33443ff5357cf563af6a4892831.jpeg

IMG_6471.thumb.jpeg.9c9555c2eec5128f65fa652fe167280b.jpeg

IMG_6470.thumb.jpeg.5fa4bfcbdd447211b1325d21e4d67b7d.jpeg

IMG_6469.thumb.jpeg.feb2637c824bbc63ad2ed2086d89f94c.jpeg

IMG_6468.thumb.jpeg.dc96a5c1e8c91c9f2f7d578fd9854eec.jpeg

IMG_6466.thumb.jpeg.2bd8d364ebfde02b598d25e995bc4205.jpeg

IMG_6467.thumb.jpeg.bdf568849b3f2f26814982e65d353f6d.jpeg

IMG_6463.thumb.jpeg.4470431f052c5dc873c1b862afb8dc49.jpeg

IMG_6464.thumb.jpeg.20351bfc2d4b1b00f21adf960a7132a3.jpeg

IMG_6465.thumb.jpeg.5e933e82f5471c95fa933ce0ac53afa7.jpeg

IMG_6462.thumb.jpeg.74ef1c6ddfa30f6654be04e6984628c5.jpeg

IMG_6461.thumb.jpeg.cdd0208aa240c9eed3e6e7086674a91b.jpeg

IMG_6460.thumb.jpeg.4c5793a8690f76d9ffa0481a88921940.jpeg

IMG_6458.thumb.jpeg.082489268496023e31fed5c8f4f0db5e.jpeg

IMG_6459.thumb.jpeg.61f1a328efce2d5579b9bddac3735e93.jpeg

IMG_6457.thumb.jpeg.9c5b841df0f613963f15cdf6566737fa.jpeg

IMG_6456.thumb.jpeg.8a1147ca1ec69436070e19f5acbce99b.jpeg

IMG_6455.thumb.jpeg.6dbc7a3ecadf7cc3a2e7b371b9bdaf50.jpeg

IMG_6454.thumb.jpeg.f7a87dbeab7aac8bcd6b6514e8be1145.jpeg

IMG_6453.thumb.jpeg.e29ab7ee8f0939f5c97833d05dc93f15.jpeg

Can’t go to Turkey without taking a cat picture.  One of the residents of the museum.

IMG_6452.thumb.jpeg.a74020b981087d7d2a973861df8e977d.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

The Google domain was launched in 1997 on this date. I'll celebrate Greenpeace and Democracy. As for the quote, I'd rather take something for seasickness (if it bothered me), and not sit on the sidelines. The meal might be ok without the cilantro. Pass on the drink and wine ($$). I haven't been to Antalya. A good day in history for those Central American countries.

It's a sunny day, currently 78F. We may get some much needed rain Tues-Thurs. Not much new with me. The left leg is still swollen and painful (maybe a little less). I couldn't put on a compression stocking, so I have an elastic bandage on it. I may spend some time in the recliner during the Steelers game. The backyard brawl (Pitt vs WVU) game was a barnburner yesterday.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding and thanks for the photo of the lovely couple and her Dad walking her down the aisle. Safe travels home tomorrow.

@grapau27 Thank you for the link.

@Sir PMP Thanks for the info on Antalya. 

@wdw1972 Sorry to hear of the effect of the heat on your DH, but I'm glad he's ok. I had something similar when I was an extra in Batman: The Dark Night. We were filming in summer, but it was supposed to be winter, so we had coats, etc. I felt dizzy. They were giving out water, but a cold popsicle resuscitated me finally. I didn't know they had cooling areas in the interior of the stadium.

@ger_77 The treehouse is great! Your DH is very talented. 

@Mtn2Sea Great photos from Antalya. 

@rafinmd I hope you're relaxing today, to be ready for getting back at it in PT.

@mamaofami Thinking of you and Sam. 

@kazu I hope you and Ivan are getting settled in.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Good morning!  Good days today and I like the meal suggestion. I might try recipe #3 but add the side salad from recipe #1. No on the wine and drink. The quote is funny but not true for me. 

Gerry @ger_77, I love the birdhouse!  Such detail and such cuteness. Tell Maurice he is very creative and talented. I found the miniature birdhouse too. BTW, we met a couple from Saskatoon at the M&G on the Zuiderdam cruise who are from your area. They live outside the city if I recall. 

I have some errands to run today that Craig can’t do (he’s great at shopping and running errands and spends less money and time than I do).  One is to buy DM’s creamer. She’s very particular about it— has to be Italian Sweet Cream. I took her to an appointment on Wednesday and she was so happy that I was home. She looks forward to our outings. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

Three interesting days, the quote made me laugh.  I'll pass on the drink and wine, but would like the meal (no cilantro of course).  We've been to Turkey a few times but not to Antalya.  Thank you @Mtn2Sea for the wonderful photos!

Today we'll be getting a few groceries, and I have a mole in the front yard to take care of.  It tunneled under the driveway and left a huge hill in the parking strip. 😡 I've never had a hill that big in the yard before.  I put down one of my "worms" into the tunnel and today will be putting down winterizer on the lawn, which I'd be doing anyway.  They hate that stuff and will move on.  Yesterday I remembered to put down the lime around the Hydrangea to keep it's pink color.  This year I noticed the pink wasn't as vibrant and even had a tinge of blue because I've forgotten to put down the lime.  

Today is our DD and DSIL's 17th anniversary.  Hard to believe it's been that long.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers What a lovely bride and handsome groom.  Thank you for sharing the photos!

Vanessa @JazzyVI hope the swelling and pain get better soon.  Very good to hear that the dizziness is much better though!

Sue @wdw1972 That must have been so frightening when your DH got so dehydrated, and then the blood on his shirt! Thank goodness he's ok. I really don't know how Floridians can do anything at all in that heat and humidity.  

Gerry @ger_77 I love that birdhouse!  Your DH is very talented -- and yes I found the tiny birdhouse. 🙂  

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks all!

@StLouisCruisers what a lovely wedding!  Hoping you get good news this week re your medical issues. 
@ger_77 love the bird house and the thoughtfulness it reflects! 
@JazzyV hope you see some real improvement soon! 
@Mtn2Sea thanks for the great photos! 
@wdw1972yikes!  Your poor DH. I think dehydration is more of an issue as we age, hope there are no lasting effects.

Helping our DS and friends plan their cruise across the ditch twice from Sydney to New Zealand, return.   They are so excited to visit all the Lord of the rings sites.   They’ve booked on the apparently “cheap and cheerful”  P&O  but in a mini suite on the former Golden Princess, so I’m sure they’ll be fine.  HAL didn’t have a cruise at that time and Princess was a lot more expensive.

But that stretch of water can be very rough and for two it’s their first time cruising.  So suggesting sea bands, chewable ginger and meclizine.   @aliaschiefdid you have another suggestion?  Loving the Kauai photos! 

Although I’m worried about why meclizine isn’t allowed in Canada so not sure if it’s ok down under.  @erewhon if you have any insight?  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 26

Aloha! It’s forecasted to be rainy but looking at radar maybe just a quick sprinkle.

Had a usual day followed by a lovely dinner on lanai with a beautiful sunset. Along with sunsets we will enjoy a full moon Tuesday.

It’s coffee time 6:45 AM. Thanks for the reports and post. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.fcbad90b0dd9fa5ffe5bf20f2b114183.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4145a7c82ab3720f736be241b22b4aeb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ab370572b2c57d675044b04edee5e34e.jpegimage.jpeg.cd6be34d15f8f825edca189d7b12db68.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.25585849c3f2bb2607cbd66961a61703.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm grateful for google and use it daily, my hat's off to Greenpeace and all they do, and democracy is so important to our freedoms.  The quote is funny, but you can't see the world by sitting under a tree, so I take my meclizine and board the BHB's.

Another bright, sunny day out there for us with a starting temp of 9(48), which is about normal for this time of year.  I've noticed the sun is getting lazier, coming up later and going down sooner.  Last evening we had tons of geese going over the house on their way to the river (about 2 blocks away), and with the windows open we could still hear them down there.  Between the geese and the gulls, it was quite a cacophony of sound - I can't imagine living beside the river, the noise must be unreal!

DH finished the bird house and we hung it temporarily on a spruce tree in our back yard so I could take photos of it.   My contribution was that I "made" the curtains, while DH did the rest of it.  The details put into the construction really speaks to the kind of mind he has - right down to the miniature bird house on the bird house!  See if you can find it.

House1.JPG.22d9057ebd7f9133cf6fb16ba89e8569.JPG

House2.JPG.874874a3df74c87aa83977b2c505f836.JPG

House3.JPG.1fe716e6f6efed900a12e8d7db953cc6.JPG

Not a lot on our agenda today, will likely go out and get some groceries and trim back a few of the day lilies in the back yard that are looking pretty scraggly.  Late yesterday afternoon we took the roofless car and went out to Tim Horton's for coffee - it was the perfect weather for it, not too hot, not too cool.  It will most likely be the last time we take it out for the season, as soon it'll be getting too cold to drive it around.

@StLouisCruiserswhat a beautiful bride and a handsome couple they are!

I'm going to pass on the drink, although DH would like it as he enjoys cognac, would like the wine, but it's out of my budget, and like the menu suggestion.  I don't have to make dinner tonight because our friend Ollie called last night to say she was going to make a casserole today to bring over for us to try, so we'll enjoy that along with her company on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, WOW!  The birdhouse is precious.  I love all the little touches, the cat, curtains, furniture with the wet paint sign, the plants, and of course, the little bird house.  You both did a great job, and I know your friends will love it.

2 hours ago, ellbelle said:

You can find anything on Google, love it, especially for free medical advice, lol. The recipes look great, I keep buying bags of frozen shrimp on sale and now I need to make an effort to use them up, so one of these will end up on the menu soon. Haven’t been to todays port and probably will never get there, hoping to see pics.

@StLouisCruisers beautiful bride and photos

The weather was supposed to cool today so when it’s going to be 83, how about a chuck roast? I browned it yesterday and poured cream of mushroom and dry onion soup mix on it and Fred will put it in the oven while I am out clothes shopping. Then I’ll just peel potatoes (may get them ready now) for mashed and maybe peas or carrots as another side dish. I just know when I walk in the house will smell great!

This week we’re going to Monterey Bay for five nights, we’ve rented various condos at a particular waterfront complex for 40 years. We have a wedding to attend on Friday, which is closer to there than here so we got a two bedroom (which is fabulously remodeled) and “the kids” will come for a night or two. The unit is well equipped but it’s still a lot of work staging all the stuff we need to bring. We will be celebrating our SIL’s  birthday too, we’ll be having steak and lobster but other meals will be much simpler.

Prayers to those of you experiencing health and life's obstacles 💕

Have a great day!

@ger_77 OMG, the birdhouse is adorable!

Safe travels and enjoy your stay in the condo.

1 hour ago, Mtn2Sea said:

We visited Antalya, our port of the day, ten years ago while aboard the Ryndam. We chose a ship’s excursion that took us to some remains from the Roman times and then a stop at the Antalya Archeological Museum.  We thoroughly enjoyed both stops, particularly the museum.

IMG_6472.thumb.jpeg.d6cfa33443ff5357cf563af6a4892831.jpeg

IMG_6471.thumb.jpeg.9c9555c2eec5128f65fa652fe167280b.jpeg

IMG_6470.thumb.jpeg.5fa4bfcbdd447211b1325d21e4d67b7d.jpeg

IMG_6469.thumb.jpeg.feb2637c824bbc63ad2ed2086d89f94c.jpeg

IMG_6468.thumb.jpeg.dc96a5c1e8c91c9f2f7d578fd9854eec.jpeg

IMG_6466.thumb.jpeg.2bd8d364ebfde02b598d25e995bc4205.jpeg

IMG_6467.thumb.jpeg.bdf568849b3f2f26814982e65d353f6d.jpeg

IMG_6463.thumb.jpeg.4470431f052c5dc873c1b862afb8dc49.jpeg

IMG_6464.thumb.jpeg.20351bfc2d4b1b00f21adf960a7132a3.jpeg

IMG_6465.thumb.jpeg.5e933e82f5471c95fa933ce0ac53afa7.jpeg

IMG_6462.thumb.jpeg.74ef1c6ddfa30f6654be04e6984628c5.jpeg

IMG_6461.thumb.jpeg.cdd0208aa240c9eed3e6e7086674a91b.jpeg

IMG_6460.thumb.jpeg.4c5793a8690f76d9ffa0481a88921940.jpeg

IMG_6458.thumb.jpeg.082489268496023e31fed5c8f4f0db5e.jpeg

IMG_6459.thumb.jpeg.61f1a328efce2d5579b9bddac3735e93.jpeg

IMG_6457.thumb.jpeg.9c5b841df0f613963f15cdf6566737fa.jpeg

IMG_6456.thumb.jpeg.8a1147ca1ec69436070e19f5acbce99b.jpeg

IMG_6455.thumb.jpeg.6dbc7a3ecadf7cc3a2e7b371b9bdaf50.jpeg

IMG_6454.thumb.jpeg.f7a87dbeab7aac8bcd6b6514e8be1145.jpeg

IMG_6453.thumb.jpeg.e29ab7ee8f0939f5c97833d05dc93f15.jpeg

Can’t go to Turkey without taking a cat picture.  One of the residents of the museum.

IMG_6452.thumb.jpeg.a74020b981087d7d2a973861df8e977d.jpeg

Robert, thank you for the pictures of today's port.

53 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Three interesting days, the quote made me laugh.  I'll pass on the drink and wine, but would like the meal (no cilantro of course).  We've been to Turkey a few times but not to Antalya.  Thank you @Mtn2Sea for the wonderful photos!

Today we'll be getting a few groceries, and I have a mole in the front yard to take care of.  It tunneled under the driveway and left a huge hill in the parking strip. 😡 I've never had a hill that big in the yard before.  I put down one of my "worms" into the tunnel and today will be putting down winterizer on the lawn, which I'd be doing anyway.  They hate that stuff and will move on.  Yesterday I remembered to put down the lime around the Hydrangea to keep it's pink color.  This year I noticed the pink wasn't as vibrant and even had a tinge of blue because I've forgotten to put down the lime.  

Today is our DD and DSIL's 17th anniversary.  Hard to believe it's been that long.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers What a lovely bride and handsome groom.  Thank you for sharing the photos!

Vanessa @JazzyVI hope the swelling and pain get better soon.  Very good to hear that the dizziness is much better though!

Sue @wdw1972 That must have been so frightening when your DH got so dehydrated, and then the blood on his shirt! Thank goodness he's ok. I really don't know how Floridians can do anything at all in that heat and humidity.  

Gerry @ger_77 I love that birdhouse!  Your DH is very talented -- and yes I found the tiny birdhouse. 🙂  

Carolyn, hope you can persuade the mole to move somewhere else.  Please wish your DD and DSIL a VERY HAPPY 17TH ANNIVERSARY for us.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

@ger_77i love the birdhouse and all the small touches. I found the little birdhouse, too.

another lovely day, almost Indian summer like. Although if I remember correctly, Indian summer only happens when we get weather like this after a frost. I will take it either way. 

have a great day everyone 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

This is the latest update from Roy.  

I got to bed late last night due a stubborn nosebleed but once settled in slept well.

Today not as relaxing as I had hoped due to nasty constipation despite aggressive treatment yesterday.  I did make slight progress on it today but not enough.  Aggressive treatment continues.

With the day off today I was actually able to attend online worship with minimal interruptions.

That’s about all.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 18

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

...One is to buy DM’s creamer. She’s very particular about it— has to be Italian Sweet Cream...

Your DM has good taste! If Coffee Mate Italian Sweet Cream is out of stock, WM brand is a very respectable back up. I take a box of the singles when we cruise.

Screenshot_20240915_131037_Walmart.thumb.jpg.3c5290d1fd158fd03ee16942c709a244.jpg

• Like 14