The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 17th, 2024

StLouisCruisers

Today is Constitution Day, International Country Music Day, and International NYC Day

Only the mediocre are always at their best. - Jean Giraudoux

Meal Suggestion for today - Grilled Zucchini with Parmesan
Drink of the Day - Gin Sour
Wine of the Day - Matua Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
Destination of the Day - Stanley/Falkland Is/Islas Malvinas,

Today in History:
1683 Dutch scientist Antonie van Leeuwenhoek is the first to report the existence of bacteria

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Glacier Bay, Alaska   0700-1600

Icy Strait Point   1800-2200

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Skagway, Alaska   0700-2000

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 7 days, one-way from Whittier to Vancouver

Glacier Bay, Alaska   0830-1830

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Civitavecchia-Rome

Cartagena, Spain    0800-1700

Noordam --- 14 days, round-trip Great Alaska Explorer

At Sea Destination Anchorage, Alaska eta 09-18

Oosterdam --- 11 days, one-way from Piraeus-Athens to Barcelona

Villefranche, Nice, France   0800-1700

Rotterdam --- 7 days, round-trip Viking Sagas

Kristiansand, Norway   0800-1700

Volendam --- 10 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island   0800-1700

Zaandam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC, Canada eta 09-18

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island   0800-1700

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan

Hakodate, Japan   0800-1700

image.thumb.png.b26b5eaf5e3aeda965fad3a2d7a71538.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 29

Good morning friends!  Ahhh, nice to sleep in my own bed.  Up as usual to exercise on the treadmill, and now time for the Daily and Fleet Report.  The weather here in north central Georgia is 59F and we expect a high of 82 with partly cloudy skies today.

Thanks so much Rich @richwmn for compiling the information for our Fleet Report and Daily.  I am glad to post them for you. A good day to celebrate our Constitution, and DH and I always enjoy some country music.  I hope New Yorkers enjoy celebrating their day.  The quote is interesting.  I'll skip the zucchini, and gin sour but will have a glass or two of the Sauvignon Blanc.  Interesting about the discovery of bacteria in 1683 by the Dutch scientist.  A big thanks for the food and beverage reports each day Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard!

Prayers this morning for my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held and our military members in harm’s way.  Also for Roy, Chuck and Annie, Tana and Terry, Vanessa, Ann and Pat, Nancy’s DB Nick, Melisa and her DH, Jacqui, Elizabeth, Dixie, Terry and Jim, and Carol and Sam.  Vanessa @JazzyV, I hope there is some relief from the cellulitis soon.  Jacqui @kazu, wishing for a quick surgery date for you so you can get those cataracts removed.  It must be awful having your eyesight diminish so quickly. I also hope there is some treatment soon for your leg pain.  Joy @Seasick Sailor, I hope Bonnie is soon finished with all treatments for her cancer and I hope you and Allen are having a great time on your Japan cruise.  Cheers to all celebrating special events, cruising and preparing to cruise.  Thank you so much Vanessa @JazzyVfor all the work you do on the lists each day. 

The port today is Stanley, Falkland Islands, Islas Malvinas - a terrific place to visit.  This was the port before on April 9, 2022 and Sept. 11, 2023.  I will have photos to present.  Here are the links for your convenience in retrieving them to re-post.

Today I will do laundry, work on the stocking again, and wait for a call from the doctor’s office.  I left a message yesterday that I’m waiting for a report on tests.  I wish they would hurry a little bit.  I hope the rest of you have a very nice day, stay safe and keep well.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 12

DH and I have been to Stanley 3 times and have never missed a visit due to weather.  Our dates were 2012 on Star Princess, 2015 on Ruby Princess, and 2020 on Coral Princess.  We've had several other cruises scheduled with Stanley on the itinerary that we didn't actually take, and I had planned to go on the tour to Volunteer Point with Patrick Watts.  I don't know if I'll ever get there now.  Here's what we did do though...

On Feb. 25, 2012 on Star Princess we anchored and tendered to shore.  During the day the skies would go from extremely cloudy to bright sunshine.  You just never know!  You arrive at the dock and visitor center and see something like this 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKb3Mv9e5cs4_QP_pj7CPI2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641431

You could just walk up to the Gypsy Cove shuttles run by locals with 4x4s or small buses/vans.  The price was right and at least you got to see some penguins that day!  It's about a 20 minute ride and there's no admission fee when you get there.  They have marked paths and you aren't allowed to roam because there are areas that could have been mined during the "conflict" with Argentina in 1982.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKSMcnAuOgzb9qXjEYiuobf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641481

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5pebVRIJnh3e11Wa98Ps6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641538

You'll see some penguins below you on the beach, some in the brush and some right up near you at the path.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb0JhbEBibtHzjnMWkXFCX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649511325

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVujNbmSFfnB8iYB6yQvqc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641518

There's a rocky area at the top you can roam around on called Ordnance Point.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnUC2W4RJXgmon1XrFfawt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641621

Some artillery left behind and a couple of ships anchored outside the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsj8RMC20QKCvzV11ORXbI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641648

Some fellows who came up to see us near the path.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJK_zqka-jmTVb1OOGTPp8q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLX3mClt8C7vLKL5jD8d5DI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641551

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEzp4e9qqmu_CSOC4Tdz9c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641566

You can stay as long as you want.  Just walk down to the parking spot and catch another van back to town.  The town itself is quaint and uncrowded (except for several ship's worth of passengers added for the day), but never so crowded as to be annoying.  On the ride back to town you'll see this ship the Lady Elizabeth which foundered in the harbor and blew onto this shallow spot over a hundred years ago.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

You can see a wide variety of buildings there.  We walked up a street going uphill, that you see as soon as you get off the tender.  On that road was this bar and amusing sign out front.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDSUCoSpgxqVxENikhNDNQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641755

A good spot to leave your husband if he's getting on your nerves and under your feet, so you can get some shopping done.  Love it!

Right across from the visitor center are these attached homes reminiscent of England.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmV0oWDTGAsk7sEZqgfetr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641720

The hill we walked up and saw the tavern.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZKLRqu-ccnJw6TgP3lCvj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641743

The police headquarters00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLm0f8_kIJLSAzraqqompWM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641817

We saw a lot of British flags and reminders of who they were.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhFvL4mLb_3XJ00bUClpOi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4d9TQHwTPzG5J9yeS1M3C?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

A war memorial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJu52-81wDprhswePewkJM-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649512499

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnkxJO21NvdwQ0IN6JViif?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641862

Restricted entrance to the Government House00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjo3zI4ytd4ZergYLKY6JL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641870

Some horses and a pony living inside those fences.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmiNwBMJTfSLzRroNcaZic?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641886

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI40FrX4VSM5xILx14BRFaW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641905

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLM-rzcnYsZpxMsPWTn5CDA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641896

And from 2020 Coral Princess, on our walk at Gypsy Cove the penguins were building little nests right along the pathway tourists traveled on.  There was someone stationed there to make sure no one attempted to interfere with or touch the penguins in the nest.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQcUVMsJDjyXf8AdOhe9RI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806510

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJl75eQsGC7N52M-y-ZXxTk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806481

And a penguin on the beach doing his happy dance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmnsCqrZQAbzQUVbDUXZUP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579816872

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMdW4y_HLXDixABdtcdYNc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579817189

Lots of fun for penguin lovers!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 17

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

Sorry I did not post yesterday, I had an issue at work in the morning. 

It is drizzling outside at the moment. Toes crossed it rains all day! 

I hope everyone has a great day.

A couple of extra pics today. The middle one is Suzi and me and the last one is my niece Katie and myself on our family cruise. Katie was born on my thirtieth birthday and is having her third baby in a couple of weeks. 🙂 

2007CPcruise 280.jpg

2007CPcruise 282.jpg

2007CPcruise 281.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

Gin Sour cocktail:

The classic sour format, dating back to the mid-19th century, calls for a spirit, lemon or lime juice, and a sweetener. A frothing element such as egg white or aquafaba (the liquid you’d usually drain from a can of chickpeas) is optional and adds a lovely layer of foamy texture atop the drink, which you can then decorate with bitters.
Ingredients
2 ounces London dry gin
1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce egg white or aquafaba (optional)
Garnish: lemon twist (optional)
Garnish: 3 to 5 drops Angostura bitters (optional)
Steps
Add all ingredients into a shaker and vigorously dry-shake (without ice) if using egg white or aquafaba.
Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
Strain into a coupe glass.
Garnish with a lemon twist. Or if using egg white or aquafaba, decorate the frothy top with 3 to 5 drops of Angostura bitters.

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 6.27.10 AM.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 19

Today’s Care List:

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, awaiting test results

Mamaofami’s DH Sam having pain, in home hospice

JazzyV battling cellulitis

Ottahand7’s DB post 2nd TKR, on IV abx, PE, at rehab

Rafinmd (Roy) in rehab

Hoping Nicklepenny is ok

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those in the path of Francine.

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Haljo1935 with kidney stones and needing shoulder surgery

Lazey1’s DS with multiple medical issues, making slow improvement

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Seasick Sailor’s DSis Bonnie w/breast cancer, lymph nodes neg 2nd surgery

Denise T’s dissertation draft not needing editing so far

StLouisCruisers’ DGD Angela’s wedding to Christopher

Kazu moved into new home; house sold

Aliaschief and family in Hawaii

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for St Pete Cruiser (Serenade of the Seas Sept 18 to Sept 22) 4d Caribbean

Tbay (Volendam to Sept 21) 11 Night Newfoundland & New England Discovery, celebrating 50th Anniversary, Lindaler (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 24

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Another nice day in the forecast.  Yesterday, we had a nice visit with friends we haven't seen since spring. 

Three good days to celebrate.

Amusing quote.

The zucchini sounds like a good side dish, looking forward to seeing recipes.

I'll try the drink, I'm sure I'll like the wine.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a terrific day.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Happy Tuesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Tomorrow is check in day for my cruise. Boy, do I need it. I had a disgruntled graduate student tell me that my expectations are too high for the class. This is the clinical mental health counseling program. My expectations actually have been lowered. I expect students to write in complete sentences and research using the library and not Google. Clinical mental health counseling relies heavily on research. These are adults and so many cannot write complete sentences and put paragraphs together correctly. Most days I end up with a huge headache after grading papers. What can you do. All set for my nephew's wedding. That will be such a fun day. Nothing much planned except for the usual class work. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

61 Best Tuesday Meme - Meme Central

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi - for Rich! This morning’s moon is spectacular! And it is a cool 72 here this morning. Now if it only wouldn’t rain today. 🤞🏻

Vanessa, praying that your leg pain & swelling are improving. Thank you for keeping up with our happenings. 

Gym, Bindi walks, a quick trip to Jacksonville to the retirement community to tour the model I think I’d like & put down my deposit to get on their wait list, and then chores. 

IMG_3441.jpeg.917da86da6916846941f6a202611a9c9.jpeg

IMG_3422.jpeg.668bb5fca751f9f70d2b71827af5a5fb.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg.0d365ecde6b834e8ea181f075f8f8add.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Prayers for Tana, Terry (and Lou), Melisa & DH, Chuck & Annie, Bonnie, Nancy’s DB - Nick, Roy, Jacqui, Sam, Terri & Jim and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Bonnie & Joy and their families definitely have something to celebrate!

May we each find something to smile about. 

Matua Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc

This New Zealand SB is delightful, easy to find, priced to try and a favorite of consumers. A tough combination to beat. Online prices start at $9.47.

Distributor notes

This classic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is deliciously pure, bursting withripe lemon citrus notes and hints of passion fruit and basil. The palate isfresh and vibrant with concentrated blackcurrant leaf and a touch of classiccut grass and green melon. So refreshing, you'll be left wanting more.

Reviews

90 Wine Spectator
Delivers a fresh, lovely mix of Key lime, mango and Meyer lemon flavors, with a touch of salted ripe melon on a sleek, juicy frame. Shows a hint of lemongrass that lingers.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 4

Good cloudy morning. Rain showers are expected tonight. 
Today would have been my very special friend Mabel’s 98th birthday. She was like a second mother to me. We traveled together many times. Happy heavenly birthday.

I wish we would hear from Jake, @Crazy For Cats, I miss his kids posts. 
 I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DH and I have been to Stanley 3 times and have never missed a visit due to weather.  Our dates were 2012 on Star Princess, 2015 on Ruby Princess, and 2020 on Coral Princess.  We've had several other cruises scheduled with Stanley on the itinerary that we didn't actually take, and I had planned to go on the tour to Volunteer Point with Patrick Watts.  I don't know if I'll ever get there now.  Here's what we did do though...

On Feb. 25, 2012 on Star Princess we anchored and tendered to shore.  During the day the skies would go from extremely cloudy to bright sunshine.  You just never know!  You arrive at the dock and visitor center and see something like this 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKb3Mv9e5cs4_QP_pj7CPI2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641431

You could just walk up to the Gypsy Cove shuttles run by locals with 4x4s or small buses/vans.  The price was right and at least you got to see some penguins that day!  It's about a 20 minute ride and there's no admission fee when you get there.  They have marked paths and you aren't allowed to roam because there are areas that could have been mined during the "conflict" with Argentina in 1982.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKSMcnAuOgzb9qXjEYiuobf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641481

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5pebVRIJnh3e11Wa98Ps6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641538

You'll see some penguins below you on the beach, some in the brush and some right up near you at the path.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb0JhbEBibtHzjnMWkXFCX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649511325

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVujNbmSFfnB8iYB6yQvqc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641518

There's a rocky area at the top you can roam around on called Ordnance Point.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnUC2W4RJXgmon1XrFfawt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641621

Some artillery left behind and a couple of ships anchored outside the harbor.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIsj8RMC20QKCvzV11ORXbI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641648

Some fellows who came up to see us near the path.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJK_zqka-jmTVb1OOGTPp8q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLX3mClt8C7vLKL5jD8d5DI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641551

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEzp4e9qqmu_CSOC4Tdz9c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641566

You can stay as long as you want.  Just walk down to the parking spot and catch another van back to town.  The town itself is quaint and uncrowded (except for several ship's worth of passengers added for the day), but never so crowded as to be annoying.  On the ride back to town you'll see this ship the Lady Elizabeth which foundered in the harbor and blew onto this shallow spot over a hundred years ago.  

You can see a wide variety of buildings there.  We walked up a street going uphill, that you see as soon as you get off the tender.  On that road was this bar and amusing sign out front.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIDSUCoSpgxqVxENikhNDNQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641755

A good spot to leave your husband if he's getting on your nerves and under your feet, so you can get some shopping done.  Love it!

Right across from the visitor center are these attached homes reminiscent of England.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmV0oWDTGAsk7sEZqgfetr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641720

The hill we walked up and saw the tavern.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLZKLRqu-ccnJw6TgP3lCvj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641743

The police headquarters00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLm0f8_kIJLSAzraqqompWM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641817

We saw a lot of British flags and reminders of who they were.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhFvL4mLb_3XJ00bUClpOi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4d9TQHwTPzG5J9yeS1M3C?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641845

A war memorial00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJu52-81wDprhswePewkJM-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1649512499

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnkxJO21NvdwQ0IN6JViif?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641862

Restricted entrance to the Government House00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjo3zI4ytd4ZergYLKY6JL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641870

Some horses and a pony living inside those fences.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmiNwBMJTfSLzRroNcaZic?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641886

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI40FrX4VSM5xILx14BRFaW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641905

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLM-rzcnYsZpxMsPWTn5CDA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1332641896

And from 2020 Coral Princess, on our walk at Gypsy Cove the penguins were building little nests right along the pathway tourists traveled on.  There was someone stationed there to make sure no one attempted to interfere with or touch the penguins in the nest.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQcUVMsJDjyXf8AdOhe9RI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806510

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJl75eQsGC7N52M-y-ZXxTk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579806481

And a penguin on the beach doing his happy dance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKmnsCqrZQAbzQUVbDUXZUP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579816872

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKMdW4y_HLXDixABdtcdYNc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1579817189

Lots of fun for penguin lovers!

Very interesting collection of photos Sandi.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the daily and maps Sandi and Rich.  I'll definitely celebrate our US Constitution!  It has held for 250 years and let's hope it does for another 250.  A very true quote, reminds me of several students of @Denise T.  I'll pass on the zucchini, the cocktail but have consumed a lot of Matua SB.   We were supposed to trek to Volunteer Point in the Falklands but bad weather prevented our approach.  

Vanessa continued prayers for your cellulitis and thank you for sending our cares and celebrations reports each day!  Prayers for Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Terri and Jim, Bonnie, Melissa, Sandi's DB, Roy and all others who are ailing or grieving.   Prayers for all in conflicts in the world.  

My DS and I visited my DB in rehab.  He had just had PT so was wide awake.  We had a great visit for an hour and the a fellow employee from GM showed up so we took our leave. Big sign on the unit doors COVID masks required.  He is doing his PT and his spirits are good.  He brought up an attorney and I said I would help him with that.  All together a good visit and the drive is all highways due to road construction through Kalamazoo so the drive was quick.  He was very happy to hear so many are praying for him. 

Our AC is still out.  The worst it got inside was 76 with it being 89 outside.  It is 56 outside now so the house is cool.  We will close up again and we have a 2:30 appointment for repair.  I have an oil change at 1:30 and we both need to go to Costco to get new laptops.  Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone!

It is another chilly morning here in mid-Michigan with the promise of a beautiful day.  We actually could use some rain but I'm not seeing any in the forecast for the next week.  Nothing on the agenda for today except to finish cutting out the fabric for the next quilt.  That seems to be taking forever.  

@StLouisCruisers I hope you get good news from the Dr. today.

@rafinmd Wishing you another productive day in rehab.

@Denise T That poor graduate student who is so burdened by having to write in complete sentences.  Horrors!  Stand your ground on that one.  

@JazzyV I hope you are getting some relief from the swelling and the pain.

Today's meal is a quick, easy, and economical side dish for any meal.  I do zucchini on the grill often and it is so good done that way.  Parmesan Grilled Zucchini

grilledzucchiniwithparmesan1.thumb.jpg.7e194a3436b832b3669dabbaedd2c35b.jpg

Remember when I promised you 18,000 ways to fix zucchini?   This is our first installment on that promise.  This next one is marinated briefly in a honey balsamic mixture before grilling.  Grilled Zucchini with Parmesan

grilledzucchiniwithparmesan2.thumb.jpg.61f266a6bfaab056d00cd127082b2f31.jpg

Zucchini is a delicious low carb vegetable that is filled with nutrients.  Parmesan Zucchini on the Grill

grilledzucchiniwithparmesan3.jpeg.d3fc6849bc3edeea00c3077f47d06d5d.jpeg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 17

18 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Happy Tuesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Tomorrow is check in day for my cruise. Boy, do I need it. I had a disgruntled graduate student tell me that my expectations are too high for the class. This is the clinical mental health counseling program. My expectations actually have been lowered. I expect students to write in complete sentences and research using the library and not Google. Clinical mental health counseling relies heavily on research. These are adults and so many cannot write complete sentences and put paragraphs together correctly. Most days I end up with a huge headache after grading papers. What can you do. All set for my nephew's wedding. That will be such a fun day. Nothing much planned except for the usual class work. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

61 Best Tuesday Meme - Meme Central

Denise, I hope you and your family enjoy your nephew's wedding as much as we did DGD Ashley's and Chris's wedding.  My only advice is take a pair of comfortable flats or sneakers and leave in the car to change into when your feet begin to hurt.  I am so glad I did that!  Everybody else (including the bride and her younger sister) said their feet ended up blistered and hurting so bad the next day.  I sorta wished I had some ear plugs to wear for the loud music played.  I probably could have heard the music even with ear plugs in. Besides our feet and ear drums everything was perfect!

The bridesmaid on the right is Maid of Honor DGD Morgan

• Like 27
  • Thanks 9

Good morning, it's another cool morning but the forecast is for 80's and no rain here.  It's very dry, we need some rain.  The meal sounds good, not sure about a drink with egg white in it!  Thanks for all  of the info and caring shared here.  Prayers for all who need them and cheers for those celebrating.

@mamaofamisorry to hear about your DH's pain, praying the hospice workers can get him comfortable...

Have a good day!  K

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Happy Constitution Day!  As a former

Social Studies teacher I know it well.  In PA we were required to do some type of instruction/mention about the constitution on this day.  Hope that requirement is still in effect.

Prayers for all in need and for relief from pain.  So many of our contributors and/or family members need our prayers.  Best wishes for Roy and his team at rehab and hope he is home soon. 

DH Bill and I went to the cardiologist yesterday to try to get some resolution for his shoulder/chest pain.  All agree pulled muscle pain should be gone by now. (This has been going on since at least February.)  More X-rays taken and should get those results today.  Other tests from last month have come back negative.

Best wishes for a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6