Things You Left Behind in the Cabin You Didn't Want

need2cruisesoon

I've only left behind things I couldn't take back on a plane when I've cruised with only carry-on luggage. It's usually things like bottles of water, insect repellent, and sun screen. We've never left clothing. One time we accidentally left our portable back-lit clock. That was a bummer. I had to get a new one for the next cruise.

If we have beach days planned, we will buy beach toys for my youngest on the way to the terminal when we stop to get our sodas. Then once we're done with the cruise we leave them there/throw them away so we don't have to fly back with them or have them taking up a ridiculous amount of space in our luggage. Also if we have any waters left, we leave them.

Several times we left luggage. Yes, l-u-g-g-a-g-e. They were filled with school supplies, etc. things were would not be bringing back. We always first ask if our cabin attendant can use them and surprisingly they all said yes. Most of them used them as extra storage to be stored under their beds. One told us that her contract was up and she was leaving to go home when we were disembarking and our luggage was a life saver. She was going to buy luggage at Walmart before we boarded but a Nirovirus had affected the cruise before ours (I remember that cruise) and everyone's day off was cancelled so they could disinfect the ship.

Everytime we stay on NCL they give us a bottle of sparkling wine....It is nasty stuff. I think they only have 150 bottles and keep moving them down the hall on disembarkation, kind of like that fruitcake at Christmas.

We left the full bottle of Pol Acker sparkling wine (its French but not Champagne) that Cunard graced us with.

We have often left half full toiletries behind as they can be heavy....shampoo and conditioner etc.

We once left an expensive piece of organic soap as we had brought too much.

NCL put 20 bottles of water in our room last cruise due to the package thing....we left 12 of them.

I wouldn't say I left it in the cabin, as it goes in the trash . . . somewhere, but we always take our rattiest t-shirts and bathing suits and maybe other articles of clothing (socks and such) and dispose of them instead of washing or bringing them home, as their time is done. And then we have room in our luggage for new purchases. Same with toiletries. The "almost gone" deodorant and "nearly empty sunscreen" bottle goes on vacation . . . and stays on vacation.

The only items we've left behind we toss in the garbage pale. We figure that's what the room attendant is going to do with whatever it is.

Agree, this is what we do too.

I am not sure why people think the room steward wants their junk; toss it! You are just making more work for the room steward if you don't.:)

This is along the same line of giving the room steward a kitschy gift instead of cash.....

Safe sailing all!!

Wine, wine and more wine. We spent three weeks aboard the NCL Jade doing the Eastern Caribbean from Rome, and Venice. We were gifted their Sparkling wine at the beginning of each week of the cruise from the captain, as well a bottle of wine from our Personal Cruise Consultant. Most of you probably know how terrible the sparkling wine is, well the wine was equally awful. We told the steward to take it all to the crew below decks after we left.;)

I wouldn't say I left it in the cabin, as it goes in the trash . . . Same with toiletries. The "almost gone" deodorant and "nearly empty sunscreen" bottle goes on vacation . . . and stays on vacation.

We do this too. Anything I am purposely leaving behind goes in a garbage bin so that no one thinks I accidentally left it behind. And I take 1/2 bottles of my toiletries so that I do not have to pack them in my luggage. Have had more than my fair share of leaking bottles over the years.:loudcry:

How did the garbage get pale?

Did I you keep it out of the sun?

Nice catch. :o I guess I always don't type what my brain is thinking and need to reread my reply's before hitting the submit button. :D Looks like you should also have reread your post before hitting the submit button. ;p

How did the garbage get pale?

Did I you keep it out of the sun?

Have you read the Cruise Critic Guidelines??

"Spelling & Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies."