Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

Passengers were told to stay in the cabin for over 12 hours.

With all the rocky and rolling from the ship' date=' how were the meals served?

[/b']

Ohh Call the human rights lawyers they were on a starvation ship . ...

The answer is "With Difficulty"

Regards

John

Passengers were told to stay in the cabin for over 12 hours.

With all the rocky and rolling from the ship' date=' how were the meals served?

[/b']

Their meals were the use of the contents of the mini bar for free until the crew could bring them water and sandwiches by hand to hand chain gang style

Fabulous work by the crew who must also have been frightened

I just swung by to confirm to you that nothing of significance has been announced.

I cringe to think what people may have found to post about in the last 24 pages since anything official was announced.

Yes, we are rocking some but, honestly, it is really not very much worse than any other sailing out of New Jersey/baltimore where you're getting through the Atlantic to the calmer southern seas.

The mood of the ship is good. Of course, we are disappointed that we are not able to complete our cruise, but there has been no outcry of "Not Fair". The guest services lines have in no way been inundated today, a sure sign that people are, for the most part, understanding of the situation.

The crew spent the day cleaning and repairing and will almost certainly continue to for the next few days. I assume that there will be a complete inspection of the ship's structure when we get back. The ship, however, does not feel stressed or out of kilter.

Clearly, I am not an expert. But, I do feel some sense of balance must be maintained given the prevelance in the media of quotes by "someone" who felt the need Sunday night to make incorrect pronouncements about our state as if they were official. Someone, who if I knew what they looked like and saw them on the ship, i would smack.

Karina; thank you for your honest clear balanced updates of the situation, and maintaining your sense of humour.

I think great kudos must be sent to the crew members in this who have had to clean up this mess whilst, probably being as terrified as the guests.

If we ever cruise together I'll buy you a drink![emoji483][emoji484]

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

..... Please tell me you dont wear that stupid pinnacle badge like you earned a medal of honor for staying in 50 inside state rooms.

That reeks.

Interestingly i cant decide if you are more angry and envious or more self entitled...

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Here is a longer, single version.

Jo0SLwupq10

Thanks so much for posting the video. I am feeling a lot more happy about the likelihood of our cruise going ahead and have total confidence in the captain. I am so impressed he did such a long interview and explained everything. Really helpful to see the weather charts and storms being forecast and brewing.

Do we think the ship will be "ship shape" by our cruise? The domes for the satellites are pretty essential I would have thought and they will need to order masses of glass. It looks like he thinks they will be ready for the next cruise.

Dry dock would only be necessary if there was damage below the water line. Propulsion, stabilizers, etc. The water is too murky at Cape Liberty to do underwater repairs (remember when Explorer hit a reef and had a bad propeller??) so unless something mechanical is already know to be bad, they will not likely go to dry dock.

Try reading the other threads that have much more info about it. Captain and crew as well as the ship performed flawlessly. Comments suggesting otherwise are uneducated and ill informed about the whole situation.

NO CAPTAIN WOULD TAKE A CHANCE LIKE THAT. Now if he did actually do that on this own, A new captain will be announced.

Air is often delayed or canceled and leaving days early is no guarantee

We have done this every year for years. We live in NJ drive to the port, get on he ship and get a drink. Most times on the second day we are outside (with a sweater) enjoying it getting warmer and warmer. We have hit rough seas over the years, but the worst...and this is including the Mediterranean, was in the Caribbean. You never know what the weather will bring.

We have no airport hassles, no cost for flights and can relax. No stress about a flight being cancelled due to weather. [emoji2]

NO CAPTAIN WOULD TAKE A CHANCE LIKE THAT. Now if he did actually do that on this own, A new captain will be announced.

Don't bet on it. RCI corporate had a say in the route too and were aware. While the Captain has some discretion, the routes are not as his sole discretion and RCI knows exactly where each ship is and what they are doing. If you've ever taken a bridge tour, you would be told that.

Edited by BND

I can Say as a sailer for years and a cruise person with over 60 sailings and have worked on a ship for years in the past. The damage is only above the water. The hull of the Anthem is rated to handle way more rough seas. And water doesnt damage below the water line, if they had run aground or something like that maybe but they didn't. As for inspecting, They were doing that via water tight comparment live feed cams during the storm, will they check props and stablizers via divers maybe but not a 100%. Now for the other damage above the water, that will be fixed in no time flat, All glass will be made on site and other stuff will be removed if it can't be sourced local or flown in then it will be removed till it can be. That said there may be things out of service during the next cruise or two. Who knows what kind of damage the robots could have had from the jockieing around, same for other new things on the ship. But they will have what is needed fixed intime to sail on Sat. And if they knew that they couldnt it would be out allready. Nothing is a guess and hope game with a company as large as RCI. Lastly I know folks will burn me for saying this but NO one was in danger during this storm or the Captin would have called a Pan Pan (less then a mayday) that would have setup folks to get ready for a possible issue. The danger on the ship was only from falling or moving things that are not tied down on a ship in a storm. The ship and its crew are tested and built to withstand a much bigger storm for good reason.

I agree with you. Ours is in two weeks and honestly, I was contemplating cancelling and rescheduling. I read all the threads from their cruise, as scary as it was, overall, everyone cooperated and took it mostly in stride. Kudos. Thank G-d all were safe with cosmetic damage. It really is a testimonial that the ship is solid. Some were comparing the design of this ship compared to cruising in the earlier days. Ships had deep keels where now the ships are flat-bottomed. Water displacement is much less and can carry 5000 people. The fact that it did not capsize is engineering and computer technology. I am confident that our cruise will be great. I am sure we will be aware of the weather on ours. Be well!

WashPost is stating via AP that Sen. Bill Nelson has called for the NTSB to investigate. Typical "this storm was forecast for days", with quotes pulled from the AP Facebook page. On the other hand, it also quoted happy passengers, but that won't satiate the rabid armchair quarterbacks.

I just swung by to confirm to you that nothing of significance has been announced.

I cringe to think what people may have found to post about in the last 24 pages since anything official was announced.

Yes, we are rocking some but, honestly, it is really not very much worse than any other sailing out of New Jersey/baltimore where you're getting through the Atlantic to the calmer southern seas.

The mood of the ship is good. Of course, we are disappointed that we are not able to complete our cruise, but there has been no outcry of "Not Fair". The guest services lines have in no way been inundated today, a sure sign that people are, for the most part, understanding of the situation.

The crew spent the day cleaning and repairing and will almost certainly continue to for the next few days. I assume that there will be a complete inspection of the ship's structure when we get back. The ship, however, does not feel stressed or out of kilter.

Clearly, I am not an expert. But, I do feel some sense of balance must be maintained given the prevelance in the media of quotes by "someone" who felt the need Sunday night to make incorrect pronouncements about our state as if they were official. Someone, who if I knew what they looked like and saw them on the ship, i would smack.

Really appreciate all the factual reports, thanks.:)

Nobody is being at all rude our perceptions are not the same.

Nobody is being rude? :eek: Your posts along with those of your aka Duffy screen name have been some of the rudest and most insulting I've read in a long time. No worries though....your posts under both names scream of insecurity, so I really don't think anyone is insulted by you anymore.

Hi Folks

As there is no hull or azipod damage I see no reason at all for a dry dock.. all of the damage is minor and most just cleaning up from things falling over and a few balcony dividers breaking loose ...

A nice clean up for the staff but nothing to stop her sailing ... but they will need a a rest .. after all they are only human

regards

John

Appreciate the update John.

It may be a foreign flagged ship but it is owned by an American Company. They have all the rite in the world to include it in the investigation. The only reason why they register the ship in a foreign country is so that the military can't take control of the ship in a time of war, as they have done in the past.

Negative. You're waaaay off on that those statements. The days of commandeering cruise ships for war are long gone. Flags of convenience on cruise ships have to do with $$$$ and U.S. laws that require a U.S. crew on U.S. flagged ships.

Also, a foreign flagged ship sailing out of a U.S. port, hitting rough seas on the High Seas, then returning to U.S. port is hardly cause for any sort of investigation. The ship is fine and all the passengers/crew are fine. There's nothing for the government to investigate.

Shaun save them, this video will become great evidence in a class action lawsuit, which will be $$$$ for you! Endangering passenger safety.

Really Sue for what ??? doing there Job?? or do you think that RCL should be able to control the weather ??

I really hope RCL is watching the boards and Bans you for life as you will some how end up costing us all more to cruise cause you just want to find a way to make a quick buck from a lawsuit.

Just curious -- has anyone had a cruise cancelled completely before?

Did they refund your money, or give you future credit or what?

It's hard to make alternate plans this late - ESP if they only delay a day or 2 - or don't delay at all -- you would lose your money if you cancelled now ...but at this point it's anyone's guess what will happen -

We are in a holding pattern..

If I remember correctly i got a 100% refund and either 25 or 50% off another cruise in the future for each passenger.

Negative. You're waaaay off on that those statements. The days of commandeering cruise ships for war are long gone. Flags of convenience on cruise ships have to do with $$$$ and U.S. laws that require a U.S. crew on U.S. flagged ships.

Also, a foreign flagged ship sailing out of a U.S. port, hitting rough seas on the High Seas, then returning to U.S. port is hardly cause for any sort of investigation. The ship is fine and all the passengers/crew are fine. There's nothing for the government to investigate.

Agreed. :)

When has that ever stopped them? :rolleyes:;)

Thank you for an educated post amid a sea of ignorance:D

Edited by bouhunter

...honestly, it is really not very much worse than any other sailing out of New Jersey/baltimore...

You're kidding, right? I've never sailed out of New Jersey/baltimore but what does "not very much worse" mean? Does it mean only half as much furniture tossed about in piles on the decks? Does it mean passengers locked in their cabins for only 2 hours? Clearly, this situation was A LOT worse or they wouldn't have turned back to home port.