Worst RCCL Ship

It's always difficult to judge what one hasn't sailed on yet, but heck... that doesn't stop anyone else, why should it stop me. :) As I' haven't been on the Majesty or its sister ships as yet, I can't really judge them. But in general, I have sailed on many even smaller ships, and would still find them enjoyable today compared to the average modern cruise ship you find nowadays.

I find in general I dislike Quantum Class ships. It doesn't mean I won't cruise on them, as they also offer the advantage of being pretty inexpensive comparable to itineraries on other ships, and as a NJ resident, the convenience is a huge factor as well, and it only helps since apparently they have to lower the price to fill them up.

While there are certainly some nice things about the class (Two70, for instance), there are a lot of negatives, to me, about some of the spaces aboard the ship that I either find missing or very lacking (like the dining rooms, or how enclosed you will feel in almost any public space aboard the ship), which make up a large part of what makes a cruise very enjoyable to me.

I personally think youre going to find that folks that have sailed on RCCL are generally happy with their experiences, especially those who have sailed enough to experience multiple ships. That said, I prefer the smaller ships as the service, the experience, and in general the ambience offer a more personal experience. I would disagree that the smaller ships attract more of a booze cruiser as previously stated. They do however seem to attract more of a mature clientele, as he larger floating cities cater more to families with younger kids.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting thoughts, and it just goes to show, that every Loyal Royal cruiser has their own perspective. My DH and I are in our 60"s and our favorite ship class is the Oasis class . We have even sailed on RCL smallest ship, The song of Norway. We loved that cruise with only 600 passengers and our first of many with a very young Ken Rush as our CD. We have sailed each class as it appeared and still we love all of the options that the Oasis class provides. I have felt less crowded on that class than any other and rarely are around children because of the Neighborhood concept.( and we sail during high family vacation times like 4th of July or Thanksgiving) . All this to say, A favorite ship or a least favorite is as subjective as your favorite color. I would be shocked if I had a "worse" cruise on any RCCL ship.

Interesting thoughts, and it just goes to show, that every Loyal Royal cruiser has their own perspective. My DH and I are in our 60"s and our favorite ship class is the Oasis class . We have even sailed on RCL smallest ship, The song of Norway. We loved that cruise with only 600 passengers and our first of many with a very young Ken Rush as our CD. We have sailed each class as it appeared and still we love all of the options that the Oasis class provides. I have felt less crowded on that class than any other and rarely are around children because of the Neighborhood concept.( and we sail during high family vacation times like 4th of July or Thanksgiving) . All this to say, A favorite ship or a least favorite is as subjective as your favorite color. I would be shocked if I had a "worse" cruise on any RCCL ship.

LOL...Song of Norway was our first cruise, and we loved that ship dearly, and I guess it is what led us to prefer the smaller ship experience where you met new people, had the same waiters who quickly learned your preferences, and were eager to please you....

I am just looking for opinions on the least desirable ship on the RCCL'S. I see a couple of itineraries that interest me, but do not want to commit to it yet...because I don't know a lot about the ship. (I don't want to name the ship because I want to see what everyone says) I hope this makes sense.

There is no such thing as a bad RCI ship

OP, I think you are over-thinking this. Book the cruise you want, look forward to it, go in with an easy attitude, don't sweat the small stuff, and decide when it is over how you liked it.

You are fortunate/blessed to be cruising. I cannot cruise anymore due to my illness. I would gladly take a week on the "worst" ship in the fleet over this chemotherapy any day. ;):D

OP, I think you are over-thinking this. Book the cruise you want, look forward to it, go in with an easy attitude, don't sweat the small stuff, and decide when it is over how you liked it.

You are fortunate/blessed to be cruising. I cannot cruise anymore due to my illness. I would gladly take a week on the "worst" ship in the fleet over this chemotherapy any day. ;):D

Thank you for putting everything in perspective! I simply have never had a bad day on any ship upon which I have had the good fortune of being on board.

I'll jump in to say we have always enjoyed every cruise. That said, our least favorite was Legend. We did a Panama Canal full transit from Florida to California. We did not consider the age of the ship a problem, but we did not realize the ship was to be sold soon. There were maintenance issues that were not corrected, such as windows in the Viking Crown lounge being cracked and they had lost the inner seal so that there was a film or something inside them blocking the view. The crew were not happy, I'm guessing because they were all being sent home or reassigned and dispersed to other ships (sort of like breaking up the family).

In other words, I would avoid ships being sold or transferring out of service.

Margee

I prefer Voyager Class or Freedom class ships...they are, IMO, just the right size. They're big enough to have lots of public areas, but not so large that you feel you have to rush about just to see/do everything.

Radiance class, so far, has been my least favorite...not a fan of the 'enclosed" solarium at all.

There was one RCI cruise we took which if it had been our first cruise might well have been our last, and that was on Sovereign.

Of the other RCI ships I have sailed, Majesty is by far my least favorite in terms of ship layout, restaurants, amenities, etc. But, it had one of the best crews - that outweighed others factors for me on a short 3 night cruise. I would not want to take her on a longer cruise.

Yikes! Thank you...and please don't take this the wrong way. I know all of this. I was really looking for specific answers. Maybe I should phrase it differently.

If you had to choose ONE ship to put on the bottom of your list in the RCCL fleet, which one would it be?

HARMONY!

Bad service, bad layout, no solarium pool!

Yikes! Thank you...and please don't take this the wrong way. I know all of this. I was really looking for specific answers. Maybe I should phrase it differently.

If you had to choose ONE ship to put on the bottom of your list in the RCCL fleet, which one would it be?

After 3 times on Majesty I said I was done with her. But its all about managing expectations. I'm a few weeks away from my 5th cruise on her and I know its better than a day at work.

I totally agree!

We will avoid Oasis-class if we can, as we dislike the layout so much!

After 3 times on Majesty I said I was done with her. But its all about managing expectations. I'm a few weeks away from my 5th cruise on her and I know its better than a day at work.

Yes it is. We have done 2 MJ cruises after we said no more. Great Galley Brunch and awesome Chefs Table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You really put things into perspective. My best wishes for a successful treatment and hopefully you can return to cruising soon.

We have not sailed on all the classes, primarily Radiance Class, & Liberty Class. we will experience our first Oasis sailing next April. Of our cruises, we have never had a bad experience with any crew members or overall cruise. with that said I do prefer the Radiance class & up over the smaller and older classes. It has more to do with size then anything else with the older Class.

We loved Navigator, but we were really excited to sail on Oasis so that we could see a bigger ship with more amenities. We loved Oasis, but now we're excited to sail on Vision which is much smaller, but has all the things we love on a ship, and is affordable enough for us to do our first ever Spring break trip. I think you learn more about each class and each individual ship and what you like from being there yourself.

My inlaws loved Indy and then hated Navigator because it was 'far too small' for them. Different people have different experiences and preferences.

Radiance of the seas.

Worse ship ever for Americans and Canadians. You really need to get Royal Caribbean to ship her off to Australia and New Zealand permanently.

(Laughs. Hopes they believe me and as a Aussie I get to keep my favourite RCI ship all year round)