For those who have done Back to Back cruises...do you get sick of the food?

Wondering what people's thoughts are on back to back cruises regarding the food choices. Do you get tired of the food after a week? Do you find that it's better to book dining packages so you don't get tired of it? Is it even a consideration for you?

Wondering what people's thoughts are on back to back cruises regarding the food choices. Do you get tired of the food after a week? Do you find that it's better to book dining packages so you don't get tired of it? Is it even a consideration for you?
On longer cruises (25 days +) it really feels good to eat lunch on shore.

When we lived a long distance from cruise ports, we’d happily do b2b or b2b2b cruises with no complaints of food boredom.

Now that you are within an easy drive to port, we are more interested nclined to split up our cruise weeks. Repeating menus Is one consideration, but spreading out the joy is the bigger consideration.

We'll usually do 3 of 7 nights (6 out of 14 total) in specialty dining. Many others in Windjammer. We aren't big fans of MDR. Even then after 2 weeks we're ready to move on in regards to food. We LOVE two weeks on a ship, but don't think we could or would do three and food would be one of the reasons.:)

Unless you are ordering everything on the menu the first time that you see it, there will be new things to eat the second time you see it.

True above! Also you are going to want to go to speciality restarants or eat on shore from time to time. :)

Yes...by night 8, I'm ready for home cooking. While there are plenty of options, after a while, it all seems to take on the sameness that gets old.

Totally agree. We rarely go B2B because we get bored after one week and I long to be home in my own bed cuddled up with my service cat..:')

PS we don't travel far to the port so I understand those who do b2b2b because of the extensive travel to just get there!

Why on earth would you get bored of the food, any of the daily menus are pretty extensive with choices, you may even want to try someone previously had at you table. Why would dining packages be any better, the choices are the same on every visit. Eat and put on weight, make the most of your B2B.

I don't particularly enjoy the food in the MDR, so I lean toward the Specialty restaurants. We go to Chops several times on a 7 day cruise, but on a B2B, I'd have to eat some times in the MDR as I couldn't do 10 nights in Chops. I think the 2nd week I'd be looking for different things, so probably would now go to the Windjammer a couple of times too.

I haven't been on a B2B for a few years as I felt there was too much wasted time. For example, the last day of the first week is spent heading back to the originating port and I don't feel there is as much to do as other days as the cruise is winding down.

The first day of the second week is also a wasted day as once again, people are boarding and there aren't as many things to do and the crew is busy getting ready for new passengers. I would rather do a 14 day cruise any time before I ever did a B2B again. JMO.

We love b2b cruises or longer cruises. For us, I enjoy the food on longer cruises more because the menus change every day and the Windjammer offerings change. With that said, when there is a good chef on the ship, we do just fine but if the chef isn't "good" and doesn't vary the Windjammer offerings, we find ourselves very tired and bored with the offerings by about day 10. We now prefer longer cruises but do enjoy b2b's out of San Juan (less port days) and the food is a small piece of the decision process for me - DH not so much (it's a much bigger deal for him).

Do you get tired of the food after a week?

Heck no!! Any time I don't have to cook is pure joy. Be it a back-to-back or a 16-nighter, we can always find something good to eat and it doesn't have to be formal for us each night. We mix it up, depending on the ship, between the main dining room, Windjammer, Sorrento's, Café Promenade, specialty restaurants, Coastal Kitchen (when in a suite), Johnny Rockets, or just snack in the concierge/suite lounge.

I do get tired of eating so much so tend to snack at the end of a long sailing.

That's a problem I'd love to have [emoji6]

Would love to do back to back someday (but don't think my husband would ever go for it). Would think there is enough variety and you could mix it up if you're worried (MDR, windjammer, specialty).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Been married to Wife' for almost 45 years. Lived in the same home for over 30 years. Driven the same vehicle for 10 years. Have the same thing for breakfast every week. Don't have to cook, don't have to clean up, & don't have to do the dishes. Same dinners for several weeks, no problem mon.:D

Since retiring we have done a lot of B2B's, and as many as 6 weeks at a time. We rarely have dinner in MDR. We were getting tired of those menus even when we were on one week at a time. We generally have a light meal in the Windjammer and once in a while a Specialty venue. When on for so long food becomes less important.

Continually amazed at cruisers obsession with food on ships. Any time I don't have to cook, wash dishes, clean house I am fine with choices available. Although the food on Royal is getting less palatable with each cruise as long as they have good bread & butter and ice cream, I will survive. Would like to include salads but on recent Majesty cruise salads were pathetic and we couldn't figure out how you could possibly not know how to make a good salad. They figured it out.

We cruise to enjoy the ship and our fellow cruisers. Always good to have an outstanding crew too.

Do you find that it's better to book dining packages so you don't get tired of it?

Didn't do a B2B. But did buy a 5 dinner package on a 5 night Brilliance a few years back. Giovanni's was the first night. The group was not a fan. So for the next 4 nights we had Chop's. That was the only time in my life I got tired eating filet mignon. It wasn't that bad but I did get tired of the menu. As long as YOU change it up you will be fine. Happy Sailing!!!!!

I did get tired of the food onboard on a Vision TA we took last year mostly because of the amount and same type of food than the quality. The next to the last night in the MDR none of the entrees appealed so I requested a baked potato. The waiter tried several times to convince me to order an entrée and I declined explaining I just wanted a plain baked potato. When my plate came, there were not 1 but 2 baked potatoes on it! Everyone else at the table wondered why I would order 2 potatoes.

The ship does make a difference. We have been on cruises which lasted as long on Quantum class and there were plenty of great options.

Two weeks (voyages) in a row are no problem. Plenty of variety on the MDR menu to have totally different meal each week/voyage. If doing more than two weeks/voyages, then we vary it up by doing WJ or specialty on the nights the MDR is serving our “less preferred menus”.