CocoCay Changes Coming

We were there last month. The pier is going to be to the right of where you debark off the tenders. Not beside it but across the inlet. All the construction is in that area. They are expanding that side.

Wouldn't be surprised if they stick an Oasis-class ship on this route once this is all finished and try and maximise profits that way.

That's already happening past 2019 - Oasis class ships are generally diverted from Nassau to Coco Cay.

With apologies to the great Joni Mitchell, “They paved paradise and put up a water slide.”

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was thinking (almost) the same thing. Where is all the sand? All I see in he rendering is concrete.

I don't mind some enhancements, especially the dock, but it looks a bit much to me. As always, we'll give it a try and decide for ourselves.

M

You've got to be kidding me...this takes upselling to a new level! For a better dining experience, make 'em pay for specialty restaurants, for a better beach experience, make 'em pay for it. So, a nice, relaxing beach day with services that can be enjoyed by everyone across the board isn't good enough anymore, I guess. At potentially $60-$100 pp for "Club" access, it sounds like the very best will only be accessible to those who can (or are willing to) pay for it. Everyone else will have to settle for mediocre, because that's exactly what it's coming to and what will be presented to us. And when the response to mediocre is next to nil, mediocre will be eliminated because that's "not what the people want." Until each and every single thing is something for which you'll pay extra.:(

Hi [emoji3]

I received a text from my friend saying that due to the transformation in coco cay lunch will no longer be free. I know rumors will begging to fly from now to the opening day but have your hear anything about it ?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you read the press release, which is posted on multiple threads, you will find that

1) there will be food for sale at some of the bars

AND

2) the lunch that is already there for free will still be there.

But it's going to be fun to see all of the hysteria around that concept.

This is a complete guess on my part, but perhaps the regular lunch BBQ will still be avaiable and included, but perhaps they are adding some additional options for an a la carte charge?? Kind of like all the extras that have been added onboard in recent years?

You've got to be kidding me...this takes upselling to a new level! For a better dining experience, make 'em pay for specialty restaurants, for a better beach experience, make 'em pay for it. So, a nice, relaxing beach day with services that can be enjoyed by everyone across the board isn't good enough anymore, I guess. At potentially $60-$100 pp for "Club" access, it sounds like the very best will only be accessible to those who can (or are willing to) pay for it. Everyone else will have to settle for mediocre, because that's exactly what it's coming to and what will be presented to us. And when the response to mediocre is next to nil, mediocre will be eliminated because that's "not what the people want." Until each and every single thing is something for which you'll pay extra.:(

How is it different than right now?

At both Coco Cay and Labadee, you can pay for a private cabana that has a different experience. And it costs hundreds of dollars to get a cabana.

How is it different than right now?

At both Coco Cay and Labadee, you can pay for a private cabana that has a different experience. And it costs hundreds of dollars to get a cabana.

IF you can even GET a private cabana. I was curious so I inquired by phone to Royal GS into the cost of cabanas, daybeds, etc. a month ago for an April sailing and they were sold out "pre-cruise". Was told they hold some back for purchase until after boarding.

Sure the other cruise lines might follow...does not make it any better....:rolleyes:

Moo m

Blasting GUANTANAMEEEERAAAA all day to every coner of the beach is just so anoying but I guess that is what the American customers want...:eek:

Yup we do:cool: and other nationalities as well.

The Island has been on our itinerary 4 times but each time we've missed it due to rough seas which prevented tendering. The fact they've invested money in a pier and dredged it out for Oasis class ships makes me believe they weren't making enough stopping there... but boy they plan to now.

Putting a pier in like they had to at Labadee is the only way Oasis class ship can stop there. Even the larger ships took forever to get everyone there & back. Looks like this new stuff is going to be making them money.

Hope they don't mess with the far side. We have enjoyed going over there & seeing the sea life. Not to mention might only see two other people.

Royal Caribbean ships departing from the U.S. states of New York, Maryland and Florida will call at Perfect Day at CocoCay, providing guests with vacation adventures like no other in the Caribbean.

NEW JERSEY ;)

Is that a state now?;p

better send RCL a memo