Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

I think we'll see the prices be corrected in the next day or so; same sort of thing happened when the Alaska cruises were released a couple weeks ago. It's like they're manually adding things and it takes them a bit to get everything correct so they pop in ridiculous prices first while they get the codes correct on each. 🙂 Earlier today those "Mediterranean Beaches Cruise" itineraries were named "Mediterranean Tour Cruise". And the prices were much closer to where I'd expect them to be, much higher now. We'll see.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NancyIL said:

The May 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise went from  $579 pp to $1,267 pp, and the July 8-night Norwegian Fjords cruise went from $978 pp to $1,611 pp! 

Usually the first dates after release, the prices are extremely high, but: after a week or so, the prices will get lower and humble.

Same was true for the Alaska dates in 2020, and in last year it was the same, when the 2019 cruises came out.

So just a little patience... ☺️

I would not be surprised if the Fall TAs remain high in price, especially those out of Southampton.  Fall 2020 will mark the 400th anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower to North America.  I would expect there to be A LOT of US groups cruising on any TA coming out of Southampton.  

Edited by Teeara

17 minutes ago, Teeara said:

I would not be surprised if the Fall TAs remain high in price, especially those out of Southampton.  Fall 2020 will mark the 400th anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower to North America.  I would expect there to be A LOT of US groups cruising on any TA coming out of Southampton.  

Hopefully not the same embarrassment that the 400th anniversary of Columbus turned out to be.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, kccrzr said:

The prices of the GS and above are unbelievably high  on the 3 Independence   Itineraries I checked. Can’t believe people would pay over $20K for 2 persons in a GS on a 12 night sailing. 

We saw the same thing.  I can't imagine there is not some sort of mistake here.  We did this TA a couple years ago, and prices are 5 times higher now.  That's whacked.

For those who follow the Europe Ports has Explorer still got the same amount of bookings for 2020 now?

I can now only find one in the Riveria Ports

Villefranche 04/08/2020

Plus one in Gibraltar 5 October 2020. {Is she replacing Vision on the Trans Atlantic timetable?}

15 hours ago, springaussie said:

For those who follow the Europe Ports has Explorer still got the same amount of bookings for 2020 now?

I can now only find one in the Riveria Ports

Villefranche 04/08/2020

Plus one in Gibraltar 5 October 2020. {Is she replacing Vision on the Trans Atlantic timetable?}

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what's happening. Explorer was booked in Riviera Ports every other week through the summer.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

On 11/20/2018 at 3:33 AM, shipfriend_max said:

Usually the first dates after release, the prices are extremely high, but: after a week or so, the prices will get lower and humble.

Same was true for the Alaska dates in 2020, and in last year it was the same, when the 2019 cruises came out.

So just a little patience... ☺️

If one books a cabin at the higher level, and finds after a week or so that the prices have gone lower, can one rebook the cabin at the new lower rate and keep the same cabin, or does one have to book another cabin and cancel the first?

24 minutes ago, dgraham said:

If one books a cabin at the higher level, and finds after a week or so that the prices have gone lower, can one rebook the cabin at the new lower rate and keep the same cabin, or does one have to book another cabin and cancel the first?

If booked under NA rules, you get price drops - call and simply adjust to the lower price.

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If booked under NA rules, you get price drops - call and simply adjust to the lower price.

Thanks Biker19, I'm happy for our American friends that they are able to do this I just wished RC afforded that courtesy to us in the UK.

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Anyone anywhere in the world can book under NA rules.

Thanks that is very helpful to know,we always book with a leading High Street TA in the UK and any changes cost a high change fee and/or loss of deposit.

Because of work holiday acceptance especially for Pauline who works for the British government I book our cruises usually 9-12 months in advance and usually miss the launch special offers.

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Anyone anywhere in the world can book under NA rules.

It might work but:

Quote from a large US travel agency

NOTE: MSC Cruises, Costa Cruises, Holland America Line, Oceania Cruises, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line prohibit U.S. travel agencies from selling cruises to customers who do not have a residence in the U.S. or Canada.

Unquote

8 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

It might work but:

Quote from a large US travel agency

NOTE: MSC Cruises, Costa Cruises, Holland America Line, Oceania Cruises, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line prohibit U.S. travel agencies from selling cruises to customers who do not have a residence in the U.S. or Canada.

Unquote

Anybody can make up an address in the US!😎

RCI is not going to visit you and check it out!:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

14 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Anybody can make up an address in the US!😎

RCI is not going to visit you and check it out!:classic_biggrin:

No but your credit card and C&A info is linked to your real home country. I know it works but in worst case you have a risk of being canceled at any time.

1 minute ago, Saab4444 said:

No but your credit card and C&A info is linked to your real home country. I know it works but in worst case you have a risk of being canceled at any time.

CC not necessarily BUT it never has been a problem - you can have a residence in the US without a CC attached to it....

They would never spend any effort on loosing a done sale!🤔

27 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I agree plus in the UK our TAs have ABTA and ATOL affiliation to cover any liquidation of a TA or airline.