What???....Momma Mia cost $79

Sailed on the Allure last year, no charge to see Momma Mia, although we walked out at intermission with other folks.

Now we are planning our November Allure cruise and the cost for adults and children is $79 to see that show.

Looks like this could be the start of charging for all entertainment

If you walked out at intermission, why do you want to see it again? Now I loved it! Even went back a second time, sat in the back row and thoroughly enjoyed it again. Free both times.

To be fair, they didn't say they wanted to see it again. They just questioned the $79 charge.

To be honest, is anyone going to pay $79 to sit in the front row and see a free play? But also, the front row, IMHO, isn't the best row anyway. You are looking up to the stage. For me, it's better to sit at least 8-10 rows back. I think this'll blow over pretty fast.

• Like 3

We heard from some others that they did not care for the musical and saw somewhere else on the boards that some other couples left after intermission. Can anyone share details what might make it undesirable?? Subject matter, volumn too loud?????

This is too bad. When on Allure, my daughter and I lined up 45 minutes early and were able to get front row, no charge. We love the show (have seen it multiple times) and love sitting up front to see all expressions and feeling like you are a part of the show. But wouldn't pay $79 each to sit there and have meet and greet with cruise ship stars (Broadway, maybe that would be worth it).

Is this a standard across the Royal Broadway shows or just Allure? e.g. same thing for Hairspray on Symphony or Grease on Harmony?

To be honest, is anyone going to pay $79 to sit in the front row and see a free play? But also, the front row, IMHO, isn't the best row anyway. You are looking up to the stage. For me, it's better to sit at least 8-10 rows back. I think this'll blow over pretty fast.
Been around since late last year.

They even do this with CATS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My wife and I went to see a Broadway play years ago. The only seats available were row 2. Not only did we have to look up, we were blasted by the orchestra and every once in a while you would feel droplets of sweat from the actors hit you. Front row isn't good at a Hockey game either unless you like to be up close and center to the blood smears on the plexiglass. I wouldn't pay extra to see any ships high school productions. Psychologically, people will think the experience is better because they paid extra for it. The cruise lines depend on people thinking this way so they can sell all the extra services.

• Like 1

My wife and I went to see a Broadway play years ago. The only seats available were row 2. Not only did we have to look up, we were blasted by the orchestra and every once in a while you would feel droplets of sweat from the actors hit you. Front row isn't good at a Hockey game either unless you like to be up close and center to the blood smears on the plexiglass. I wouldn't pay extra to see any ships high school productions. Psychologically, people will think the experience is better because they paid extra for it. The cruise lines depend on people thinking this way so they can sell all the extra services.

It's not psychological, it's a personal preference. Some like being up close like myself and some like a further back experience. Nothing wrong with either. As mentioned earlier, I like being right there (not to mention I had eye issues/surgery a couple years ago and can just see better/clearer if closer). But no, wouldn't pay the $79/person for those seats.

It's not psychological, it's a personal preference.

A vendor's ability to separate you from your disposable income is mostly psychological - case in point, the fake sales RCI has been running for the past 3+ years.

• Like 1

A vendor's ability to separate you from your disposable income is mostly psychological - case in point, the fake sales RCI has been running for the past 3+ years.

Ok...I now get what was meant...guess for some, people will pay extra making those seats seem best , whether they would like those seats or not.