"Post Revolution" Deck Plans

offnoncruiser

Totally agree. But then again so is Michael's Club on Deck 4 forward. I would just think that Celebrity would put the Retreat in a convenient location to PH and RS on Deck 6 aft. And, again, I say that Deck 12 on M Class is not handicapped accessible.

I also agree that Michaels club is not conveniently located near "suite country". It would be nice to see all the Suite venues be located near each other and nearer the Suites.

I do believe the Summit has a wheel chair lift installed alongside the stairs (starboard side) from deck 11 to 12.

I also agree that Michaels club is not conveniently located near "suite country". It would be nice to see all the Suite venues be located near each other and nearer the Suites.

I do believe the Summit has a wheel chair lift installed alongside the stairs (starboard side) from deck 11 to 12.

Yes there is a wheelchair lift to get folks to The Rooftop Terrace on Deck 12. However it is usually out of order (at least on the Summit it is!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree. But then again so is Michael's Club on Deck 4 forward. I would just think that Celebrity would put the Retreat in a convenient location to PH and RS on Deck 6 aft. And, again, I say that Deck 12 on M Class is not handicapped accessible. I cannot imagine Celebrity telling a handicapped person staying in PH or RS, for example, "oh sorry, you can't use the Retreat deck area!".Only time will tell.

We were on Millie in Jan 2017 and deck 12 was handicap accessible.

When it comes to ship renovations the RCCL corporate mantra is to not release updated plans until after the refit is complete. Everything has to be shrouded in mystery for some reason. Only chance of updates pre-refit might be to show new cabins#s and any rooms that get re-categorized.

I suspect M class, but on a webinar last week they didn't exactly say. They just said Deck 12 forward. That is all. Yes, it is puzzling.

To further complicate things, I read here on the CC Celebrity Summit overview that the current Michaels club on the Summit will be redone as the Retreat lounge for Suite guests only, and that Cellar Masters was being redone as a gastropub. We are currently booked for the Bermuda trip in September of 2019. We had a fantastic time on the one Celebrity Summit cruise we took a year ago, we look forward to seeing what changes and improvements have been made when we go next year.

When it comes to ship renovations the RCCL corporate mantra is to not release updated plans until after the refit is complete. Everything has to be shrouded in mystery for some reason. Only chance of updates pre-refit might be to show new cabins#s and any rooms that get re-categorized.

True. Mariner and Independence for RCI weren't released in advance for Royal Amplify. Navigator is due in Jan/Feb and while the website shows the right dates (post dry-dock) there are no changes between the old and new, so it's a wait and see, just like I imagine will happen with the Celebrity Revolution.

I am reminded of my post many months ago; is Celebrity asking us to buy ‘a pig in a poke’ again?”

Oh no, not the Pig In A Poke thing again! Pretty much everything on Edge has been released and it is before final payment dates for most sailings (all?). For M-Class ships up first for the renovations (Millennium in Feb and Summit in Mar) it is a decent time before final payment. How will that influence some people not having the very final deck plans? For these M-Class ships the cabin locations will for the most part not change at all. They will just be internally redone. Yes specialty dining venues and suite venues might change a bit. Would the location of the new Retreat Lounge (and name change from Michael's Club) be a big factor in a cabin purchasing decision for most people? I don't really think so. I am excited that Celebrity is updating and modernizing these ships. Why be even a tiny bit negative about it?

I am reminded of my post many months ago; is Celebrity asking us to buy ‘a pig in a poke’ again?”

Based on Edge prices and sold out cruises since then, that seems to be a winning marketing strategy ;)

Oh no, not the Pig In A Poke thing again! Pretty much everything on Edge has been released and it is before final payment dates for most sailings (all?). For M-Class ships up first for the renovations (Millennium in Feb and Summit in Mar) it is a decent time before final payment. How will that influence some people not having the very final deck plans? For these M-Class ships the cabin locations will for the most part not change at all. They will just be internally redone. Yes specialty dining venues and suite venues might change a bit. Would the location of the new Retreat Lounge (and name change from Michael's Club) be a big factor in a cabin purchasing decision for most people? I don't really think so. I am excited that Celebrity is updating and modernizing these ships. Why be even a tiny bit negative about it?

At least for us..the loss of the sky lounge etc up front is HUGE... so how will they update/improve the bars/lounges for those of us not in the "suite life"?

Martini bar was usually crowded and our last sailing was the official meet/greet for the LGBT group (a nice sized group of over 70) and they took over the venue

We really enjoy ensemble lounge/music trios and Murano

The loss of of Murano is huge

Nothing in the Edge food menus had the elegance and quality of Murano re French/continental.

The bistro place (menu retracted) had daily specials and honestly I can pull off (and often do) those items :*

Of the others.. some sound nice however I doubt the execution for a MDR:o

Its not about being negative--it;s about knowing what you are buying....and without pricing to entice people to buy without seeing...

Suite Class, "the Retreat" will change all ships

Change of all dining/MDRs with themes

From reading the "closer to the Edge" threads

So far no one has said that the Retreat is "edge" only ad everyone seems to expect it on the M and S class ships

and no one expects Murano etc to survive the "revolution" of the dining "improvements"

So far no one has said that the Retreat is "edge" only ad everyone seems to expect it on the M and S class ships

and no one expects Murano etc to survive the "revolution" of the dining "improvements"

Granted it's just more speculation at this point, but I've been told that on the current ships Michael's will be re-christened but not relocated. While it's a good bet that BBall court might become a Retreat swimming pool, the Sky-lounge could well remain.

As currently configured Millie only has 16 full and 32 sky suites. If they're really stripping cabins down to the steel can't help but expect revolutionized ship will add quite a few more. It's all about the $

I agree. I think they will be adding more suites. The summit has 50 suites total. Based on double occupancy, that’s only 100 people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/23/photos-inside-celebrity-cruises-500-million-renovation.html

This link was posted on the Millie Drydock thread but has gen info and nice photo depictions..

Not so happy news is that they will add more AQ Cabins.. which means more folks in BLU which is already crowded with slow sevice at peak times!

So far no news about the Persian Gardens...Now they are dark and located in an interior space. .Wonder if they will move that to another area and enlarge with the heated loungers????

At least for us..the loss of the sky lounge etc up front is HUGE... so how will they update/improve the bars/lounges for those of us not in the "suite life"?

Martini bar was usually crowded and our last sailing was the official meet/greet for the LGBT group (a nice sized group of over 70) and they took over the venue

We really enjoy ensemble lounge/music trios and Murano

The loss of of Murano is huge

Nothing in the Edge food menus had the elegance and quality of Murano re French/continental.

The bistro place (menu retracted) had daily specials and honestly I can pull off (and often do) those items :*

Of the others.. some sound nice however I doubt the execution for a MDR:o

Its not about being negative--it;s about knowing what you are buying....and without pricing to entice people to buy without seeing...

OK how can you figure you are losing something on the design of a brand new ship like Edge that never had it? I agree that some aspects of the Revolution on current M- and S-Class ships might be considered a "loss" for some who don't like the changes or who maybe don't care about the many positive additions. Edge does not have Murano but has plenty of new restaurants to replace it. If you love Murano then simply sail on those ships that feature it.

Any thoughts about where the Elite and above cocktail hours would be held on S class if the Sky Lounge is gone? Qasar is really too small and not set up for that type of gathering.s

I don’t believe the sky lounge is going. They are adding suites on one side of it as they have been on Reflection as built. It would be impossible to remove the sky lounge totally as it is the only large capacity venue apart from the theatre, on the ship. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In Reflection the design was to diminish the Sky Lounge from the start. Not only is it smaller, the glass in front is not as high. I wouldn’t have too much of a problem if the other S Class ships lost some of the Sky Lounge square foot space but I would be very sorry to see the dramatic expanse of glass go...

In Reflection the design was to diminish the Sky Lounge from the start. Not only is it smaller, the glass in front is not as high. I wouldn’t have too much of a problem if the other S Class ships lost some of the Sky Lounge square foot space but I would be very sorry to see the dramatic expanse of glass go...

On Reflection, the truncated Sky lounge is on same level as the Solarium...spa is upstairs... No true panoramic view!

On other S Class Sky is one deck up from the Solarium.. Truncating that would be bad!

The 2019-2020 schedule shows Murano surviving. Qsine and Silk Road are going away.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/23/photos-inside-celebrity-cruises-500-million-renovation.html

This link was posted on the Millie Drydock thread but has gen info and nice photo depictions.

Very interesting article! Thank you for sharing that!

A little confused by this quote.... “Celebrity Cruises will also introduce 13 new AquaClass staterooms, seven new ocean view staterooms and 10 new inside staterooms, all with verandas, on every ship.“

How does an Inside Stateroom have a veranda? I must be missing something!