Heard changes to Loyalty Program to be announced @ 2018 prez cuise - rumours???

There may well be changes coming but I doubt that they would be announced on the Presidents Cruise as it tends to be an upbeat event and I sure cannot imagine any changes that would be welcomed by everybody.
An in between level should not offend anyone

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've seen too many threads where someone says RCI is going to announce something or changes are coming and plenty pile on and call BS, etc and then lo and behold, it turns out to be true. So, I'd be careful. I remember when Emerald was added, just in time to delay us by one cruise making D, cruises we already had booked too. That sucked, but we're now D+ with 301 points and 4 cruises booked so we'll see. Never say never ;)

I would be surprised if they add a new level but it would make sense and that level would have to be above Diamond, since the levels below Diamond are already only 25-27 points apart. However, it is 95 points from Diamond to D+ and 525 points from d+ to Pinnacle. It would make sense to restructure the levels between 80 and 699 points and that might be part of an effort to reduce overcrowding at Diamond Clubs. One other thing that is worth pointing out is that Zenith members on Celebrity have access to Michael's Club (their Suite Lounge) but do not have access to Luminae (their Suite Restaurant). On the other hand, people in Sky Suites (their equivalent to Junior Suites) do have access to both Luminae and to Michael's Club. Royal could follow Celebrity's lead and shut Pinnacle's who are not in suites out of Coastal Kitchen to make way for providing full access to people in Junior Suites. Of course, that move would coincide with a price increase for Junior Suites and, therefore, bring in revenue. When it was first announced that people in Sky Suites would be allowed into Michael's Club, everyone thought that Michael's Club would become overcrowded but that never really happened. So, that might encourage Royal might to do the same thing for the revenue from higher prices for Junior Suites.

What are JS in Fla ? here in NJ there 5000.00 to 6000.00 for a 10 to12 day cruise now isn't that enough. What more can royal do to us up here before we go some ware else.

What are JS in Fla ? here in NJ there 5000.00 to 6000.00 for a 10 to12 day cruise now isn't that enough. What more can royal do to us up here before we go some ware else.
4 grand on Harmony next fall

We were talking about this at the end of our last cruise. Given how much more Star & Sky Class Suites are (compared to suites on other ships), as well as different benefits being offered for each, I think we will see a change over to a Celebrity based loyalty system. Maybe even additional points for spending on board (1 point per $500 or $1000?) I really hope the roll out is a little bit later for purely selfish reasons, but I think that the change is coming sooner rather than later.

Doubt it. Cruise prices vary too much, price drops. 30yrs ago cruises were more expensive then now, $1 for $1 not even taking inflation into it. Cheapest deck 2 tiny Port Hole on a 7nite in 1988 was $3800, and that was what they called " Low season". Anyway these rumors come up more often then any change, yours being one of the usual ones that pop up...

Spent $2800 for a 12nite JS myself. Cruising isn't expensive compared to 20-30 years ago. Supply and demand....

Currently on the BR TA (along with 76 P, 504 D+ and 584 D) and so far have heard squat. Lounges and overflows are crowded though!

The photo guys, souvenirs and the $10 sales will not be making much on this cruise with these repeat cruiser numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would be surprised if they add a new level but it would make sense and that level would have to be above Diamond, since the levels below Diamond are already only 25-27 points apart. However, it is 95 points from Diamond to D+ and 525 points from d+ to Pinnacle. It would make sense to restructure the levels between 80 and 699 points and that might be part of an effort to reduce overcrowding at Diamond Clubs.

Would make sense to lower the points needed to achieve Pinnacle and add a Pinnacle Plus level. Leave all other levels alone.

Question is what benefits would you give the P+ level?

Would make sense to lower the points needed to achieve Pinnacle and add a Pinnacle Plus level. Leave all other levels alone.

Question is what benefits would you give the P+ level?

Why? What does it accomplish.

The photo guys, souvenirs and the $10 sales will not be making much on this cruise with these repeat cruiser numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

$10 sales will do fine

Hi,

From what I have heard, RCI is changing the names of the tiers in their loyalty programme.

Pinnacle - King and Queen

Diamond+ - Duke and Duchess

Diamond - Marquees and Marchioness

Emerald - Earl and Countess

Platinum - Viscount and Viscountess

Gold - Baron and Baroness

Pete

I reached diamond a few weeks ago and for us is the end of tier level. We never book a suite so it’s hard to get double points and to be honest the perks as diamond are really good for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We don't book suites either, but we made it to D+ and are now working our way towards Pinnacle. Never even thought we had a prayer to make Pinnacle and unless things change, we actually see it in our future. But we live in Florida and cruise 12-15 times a year. So the points add up, even with regular balconies!

Most on here probably don't want a lower Pinnacle or another level between D+ and Pinnacle.

If that is the case. I would be willing to bet that Diamonds will be refused access to the (now) Diamond lounge.

The lounges on most ships ( Sept - May) are very crowded. If they have a decent HD and Concierge they open up a satellite lounge. If not it's standing room only till 6 pm.

It wont effect us. But I don't like to see others lose benefits. I'll put up with crowding in the lounges. We have met quite a few very nice people that were or are diamonds.

It's a long haul from D+ to Pinnacle But for those that can and do make it it is great.

It is going to be an interesting cruise on the Harmony Sept 29. With at least 192 Pinnacles.

It's going to be a logistical nightmare. Probably 500 D+'s and 1000 D's.

But we were on the 2016 Presidents cruise and they handled it well. There was some b!tch!n, but we enjoyed it enough to come back for more.