3 Free Drinks - do they have to be consumed between 5 and 8 pm

pink845

Can you take out a drink from the diamond club?

Also, is there a full bar or limited bar?

Limited bar, no frozen/blender/upper shelf drinks.

They don't seem to care much anymore if you take a drink out. Now, if you are coming in every 5 minutes for a drink and taking it out, they might have something to say about that.

On Allure the happy hour starts at 4:30 and goes until 8PM. Early dining is 5:30, so I'm sorry but what you are posting may be true for some ships, but it is definitely not for all ships.

It might be an hour before on other ships too, but my real point was that it depends on when early and late dining are and it ends when late dining starts. We have never gone when it opened since we do late dining. We go an hour or so before our dining time.

As for bringing drinks out of the lounge, they don't stop anyone anymore. They used to if they saw you, but a lot of people used to sneak them out and they haven't said anything for several years. Pretty much since vouchers started since those are used outside the lounge. I always carry a glass of wine to dinner (always late dining).

On Allure the happy hour starts at 4:30 and goes until 8PM. Early dining is 5:30, so I'm sorry but what you are posting may be true for some ships, but it is definitely not for all ships.

Not been on Allure but other 2 ships I sailed on in last year Dining times can vary even between sailings. Early Dining was at 5:50 or 6. Happy Hour was 30min before My Time Dining Room opened. This can be but wasn't always same as Early Main Dining time...

If you ask for water or a soda it will be sealed and as such consume it whenever you wish.

On Mariner we had 2 letters at embarkation. One said all bars and restaurants. The other letter said not in main dining room or Windjammer. Haven’t been in MDR at all this trip but used one voucher in Windjammer no problem at all.

If you ask for water or a soda it will be sealed and as such consume it whenever you wish.

On Mariner we had 2 letters at embarkation. One said all bars and restaurants. The other letter said not in main dining room or Windjammer. Haven’t been in MDR at all this trip but used one voucher in Windjammer no problem at all.

In some Lounges, the staff have been directed to open the soda can.

Going to be a Diamond member after my next Cruise, with regards to the three free drinks, can I consume them any time during the day at any bar or do I have to drink between 5 and 8 pm. Also, does one get three free drinks each day of the cruise or is it three free drinks to be used sometime during the 7 day cruise.

So, is this a change to what used to be free wine at some designated lounge? Instead of the free wine they give you 3 free drnks?

So, is this a change to what used to be free wine at some designated lounge? Instead of the free wine they give you 3 free drnks?

No, the 3 free drink vouchers are IN ADDITION to unlimited drinks in the designated lounge. They added the drink vouchers to help reduce crowding in the designated lounge.

Free??? prepaid sounds about right:D

Actually NOT "prepaid." We cruised Royal Caribbean because we love cruising and love Royal Caribbean. We also cruised Carnival, HAL, Celebrity, and Princess. We didn't cruise for points, we cruised for the cruise, itinerary, and price. Back when we became Diamond it was 10 cruises for Diamond. So after a few years, we suddenly had "Diamond" thrust upon us. Since then we get a Balcony discount, free drinks and happy hour, priority boarding, etc. So achieving Diamond, then D+ actually REDUCES our cost of cruising. So not prepaid at all. :cool:

Two things I never understand:

1. Why do people think you can share an earned perk in your name. Very seldom is a earned perk transferable to another person.

2. Why do people openly admit they share, things they are not suppose to, and say where, no one caught me?

I think what happens is that people genuinely don’t know the policy. I’ll include me in that category. I’ll be cruising with my mom who is not Diamond. I plan to ask if I can “buy” her a drink with one of my complimentary vouchers . If I’m told no, I’ll purchase her drink. It isn’t about not being “caught”. While I get a lot of valuable information on here, I don’t assume everything I read is accurate.

<p>I’m only asking because I never get the drink package. I am only getting it now because my husband has it. My sil is not diamond. I now understand that I may not have three free drinks loaded on my sea pass card because I have the beverage package. In general I don’t drink. I can’t remember ever using the three drinks on the card. I like the diamond lounge because I have met so many interesting people there (and I like the “spread” they put on).  I’m the one asking questions as I sip on water or an occasional Diet Coke.  So basically, when is a perk not a perk? When it’s negated by other factors. I was not trying to cheat the system. </p>

In the Diamond Lounge you will find a card with a list of drinks you can have. We always carry one with us, as occasionally in the theatre bar staff have tried to charge us for the cider.

thanks, i was wondering about the list of what can be ordered. like a bloody mary? idk, im not much of a mixed drinks person. I do like tequila but couldnt find a tequila drink before, but that was long ago.

I think I can answer my own other question about ordering them in the dining room .... from several replies here, ...maybe, depends on the ship. ok.

maybe a tip per drink will help, i tipped in the lounge so if they will allow it in the dining room tip to keep them coming back? if they allow it at all lol. (I know, it depends on the ship 2 people posted)

I think I can answer my own other question about ordering them in the dining room .... from several replies here, ...maybe, depends on the ship. ok.

maybe a tip per drink will help, i tipped in the lounge so if they will allow it in the dining room tip to keep them coming back? if they allow it at all lol. (I know, it depends on the ship 2 people posted)

In the dining room it will either be allowed or it won’t. A tip will not help.

thanks, i was wondering about the list of what can be ordered. like a bloody mary? idk, im not much of a mixed drinks person. I do like tequila but couldnt find a tequila drink before, but that was long ago.

A Bloody Mary would normally be allowed.

It's NOT a.list of drinks, it's a list of liquors. Bloody Marys are often.ordered. I get cosmos, and this past week on Majesty, I got lemon drops but some ships will not do it.

The list of liquors has been posted on CC before. TBH, I'd prefer that they'd list cocktails like X does, makes life easier.

<p>I’m only asking because I never get the drink package. I am only getting it now because my husband has it. My sil is not diamond. I now understand that I may not have three free drinks loaded on my sea pass card because I have the beverage package. In general I don’t drink. I can’t remember ever using the three drinks on the card. I like the diamond lounge because I have met so many interesting people there (and I like the “spread” they put on).  I’m the one asking questions as I sip on water or an occasional Diet Coke.  So basically, when is a perk not a perk? When it’s negated by other factors. I was not trying to cheat the system. </p>

If you are diamond you will have the three free drinks loaded on your card. The fact that you have a drink package makes no difference. Also, if you are diamond then your husband also should be diamond and have the same three drinks loaded on his card.

Having a drink package has nothing to do with the diamond lounge or diamond benefits.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going on my first cruise as a Diamond Member, I usually

get the Royal Replenish drink package and drink virgin frozen drinks all week. My question is, can I get a frozen drink with my package and have a shot of rum added as a Diamond Member?

Possibly, worst case you may have to get the shot separately and add it to your frozen drink yourself.